Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Atma TalkFollow

#1 Nov 28 2010 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Just wanted to see what people are useing in different situations.

QD related events:
Atma of undying
Atma of Dread

Still working on atma of beyond to replace dread. Most the time my group doesnt have access to a Thf all the time so I designate my self for that.

Exp related:

Razed Ruin
Undying

The crit bonus is nice and gives a pretty substantial boost to melee
hits. I like undying because my Qds are around 400 with it.

What combos do you use?
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#2 Nov 28 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Atmas of Baying Moon and Stout Arm for all situations.
I get a major MAB and two major ATT bonuses plus a major STR and RATT bonus.
Functional in a lot of settings. Opens up all my ws's even if I'm mostly QDing for TP.

Interested in RR with stout arm for xp situations but haven't got that yet (hopefully this Tues)
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#3 Nov 29 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
Alobont wrote:
Just wanted to see what people are useing in different situations.

QD related events:
Atma of undying
Atma of Dread

Still working on atma of beyond to replace dread. Most the time my group doesnt have access to a Thf all the time so I designate my self for that.

Exp related:

Razed Ruin
Undying

The crit bonus is nice and gives a pretty substantial boost to melee
hits. I like undying because my Qds are around 400 with it.

What combos do you use?


Planning to use RR/VV atma for EXP situations and melee for TP.

Crit bouns boosts a lot of melee dmg, and regain+DA from VV atma means more WS. More WS deals more total dmg than +100~200 QD dmg every 45 sec IMO. Although I also like Stout Arm atma which gives rattk, but I think VV atma deals more total dmg because of increased WS frequency.

I saw other THF and DNC with some nice Evisceration dmg with RR atma, planning to test how effective it is to spam Evisceration with RR atma instead of traditional Slug shot for WS. Kinda sad that COR totally lacks good melee weapons after the update, and now DD atmas favor 1h melee weapon and crit-hit WS :/

#4 Nov 29 2010 at 6:42 AM Rating: Good
***
3,947 posts
Im still not sure that boosting QD damage isnt tye way to go over VV, especially once you get wildfire. Being able to drop 400-800 qds every 45 seconds while being able to ws on top of that seems like it would be better.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#5 Nov 29 2010 at 8:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
I think RR/VV is the way to go for melee but I'm not sure it is the way to go for COR. More WS is fine but without any boosts to RACC, RATT, MAB, we will have far less damage with each one. Our best WS's (Slug, detonator, leaden salute, wildfire) don't crit.

Getting more WS is nice but I'd rather have those WS do 400 more damage each time. OUr LS will be going for RR and VV soon so I'll have a chance to check it out but for now, I'm loving Baying Moon and Stout Arm and would rather get Beyond than VV.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#6 Nov 29 2010 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
I think RR should be a definite choice for exp sessions. The boost to crit rate and melee acc from the dex boost in general is pretty significant. Your almost doubling your melee hit damage which makes up for a large portion of our damage.

As for the second atma, while VV is nice, I dont think it will help as much as Atma of the Beyond, or some type of regain atma. Currently I find myself taking to much hate and dieing even /nin, especially against people without atma.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#7 Nov 29 2010 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Currently I find myself taking to much hate and dieing even /nin, especially against people without atma.


Yes it is definitely hard to do exp sessions with folks that don't have atma and especially those levelling 75 jobs. As an 85 COR with Stout arm and Baying Moon equipped I can get hate just with melee swings (M Kris, Joyeuse) if no one else has atma.

Fortunately I generally reserve xp sessions for LS groups so most folks have decent atma now.

But I forgot VV had 50 STR on it so I'm looking forward to trying that out. Still think RR/Stout Arm is a good xp combo and Stout Arm/Beyond is a good ranged/QD combo. Those are the usual modes I'm in on COR these days. Would love to see a big Ranged Atma with AGI 50, RATT and RACC majors.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#8 Nov 29 2010 at 11:28 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
I find n cor I need to chug atma often. For exp or te farming RR and VV or SA are great and fun (or even vv and SA just to feel like a dd).
Often need ranged or magic atma in different NMs. I happy it's so quick to change them out. Now I hope they make a refresh and MAB atma. Would be nice to have both in only one atma slot.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#9 Nov 29 2010 at 12:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
Razed Ruins effects your ranged attacks as well as melee attacks so it's a no brainer in EXP.
If i know i'm just there to QD something then it's Baying Moon and Smoldering Sky, i put on Vulcan's Staff and use Fire Shot, it's the **** even more if you have Bedlam+1 and can use Wildfire as you can reach some pretty insane numbers even on Abyssea HNM with it.
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#10 Nov 29 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Now I hope they make a refresh and MAB atma.


Isn't the synthed Atma from Windy rank missions a MAB +30 and Refresh 5mp/tic Atma?

Given even when I go /RDM to an Abyssea event I don't use my MP for much more than stoneskin/blink and the occ Cure 3 (which the Refresh spell covers nicely), I'm not too fussed about Refresh + MAB.

My ultimate COR Atma would be MAB +30, AGI +50, RATT major. You put that on an Atma and let me combine with VV or RR (depending on if I'm meleeing or shooting) and I'd be pretty stoked.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#11 Nov 29 2010 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
I am pretty sure that atma is fast cast, refresh and movement.

I just want the option of a refresh atma with something useful for QD damage. There are times it would be handy. When I m /mage for something I can burn through mo in down time. It is something to do lol. All depends on setup and what's going on. Or sometimes you may just want to fake being useful while really slacking. Tossing some cures can do that. It's not like every moment of ffxi is balls to the wall action.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#12 Nov 29 2010 at 11:50 PM Rating: Good
**
779 posts
Trey wrote:
I am pretty sure that atma is fast cast, refresh and movement.

You're thinking of the ASA Atma. The Windy Mission one has MAB and refresh like he said.
____________________________
Dreakon of Bismark
Drk90 Pld90 Cor90
Pirate Tea Party
#13 Nov 30 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Dartagnann wrote:
My ultimate COR Atma would be MAB +30, AGI +50, RATT major.

Now this has "Wildfire" written all over it =)
Paired with Atma of the Smouldering sky.... one dead COR lol.

-Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#14 Nov 30 2010 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Now this has "Wildfire" written all over it =)
Paired with Atma of the Smouldering sky.... one dead COR lol.


Yes given our QD give TP, in a kited fight often the COR is building alot of hate with ranged WS and QD damage. Multiply that damage with a pile of MAB and RATT and COR's life expectancy might be short.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#15 Dec 01 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Just got RR last night. **** of a fight. Havne't tried it out on COR but on RNG with SA and RR, I was hitting things pretty **** hard. Had one crit normal shot for 982.

Going to try to use them in XP this weekend on COR. See how I do on the parse.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#16 Dec 01 2010 at 6:10 PM Rating: Default
***
3,947 posts
Dartagnann wrote:
Just got RR last night. **** of a fight. Havne't tried it out on COR but on RNG with SA and RR, I was hitting things pretty **** hard. Had one crit normal shot for 982.

Going to try to use them in XP this weekend on COR. See how I do on the parse.


**** of a fight? Things a complete joke.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#17 Dec 02 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Hell of a fight? Things a complete joke.


I think he would have been much easier with different job selection. We had jobs there mostly for kiting and proc'ing the red !! and not for killing the mob. So it ended up being more challenging than it had to be. But often things are more fun that way. Finding a way to kill a mob when you don't have the best strat or job selection.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#18 Dec 02 2010 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
What was your setup? Anyjob can kite it, i kted a good chunk of my fight as Cor/rdm.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#19 Dec 02 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
We had a lot of melee, 2 WHM, COR, 2 PLD, a NIN, a THF, one BLM, one RDM.

Major problem was a) getting the proc since timing is an issue with that mob due to his regular swings counting as TP moves and b) people getting nailed by Eradicator spam when they went into WS. Too many melee wiped so that everyone was weak when the head came out,no one was left to zerg it. So then he'd regen a ton and it just prolonged the fight.

I think we would do it entirely differently if we had to again, but none of us had fought him before. I'd definitely had more mages in general and a melee group dedicated to the head to get it killed as quickly as possible. And certainly keeping people out of AoE at the right times as much as possible would have helped.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#20 Dec 03 2010 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
Maybe a silly question, but:

Does an atma like 'Atma of byond' boost Ice shot further with the Ice attack: Major?
____________________________
Taking a break.
#21 Dec 03 2010 at 9:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Does an atma like 'Atma of byond' boost Ice shot further with the Ice attack: Major?


Yes.

That is one of the main reasons COR's want Smouldering Sky. +30 fire magic attack bonus for fire shot and Wildfire while using a Vulcan's staff.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#22 Dec 03 2010 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
**
375 posts
Quote:
Yes.

That is one of the main reasons COR's want Smouldering Sky. +30 fire magic attack bonus for fire shot and Wildfire while using a Vulcan's staff.


However, if you already have 2 MAB atmas giving 30 MAB each then the bonus on Smoldering Sky is not offering anything special, right?

For example, Baying Moon and Beyond = 60 MAB. Smoldering Sky + Beyond = 60 MAB (Fire only, 30 MAB all others).

I'm just curious if I am missing something.


And yes, Beyond + Baying Moon = **** ass ice shot
#23 Dec 03 2010 at 9:03 PM Rating: Default
*
60 posts
It's not specifically Fire MAB+30, and (at least as far as I can tell) is significantly more potent then MAB.

Smouldering Sky is ideal for anyone using Wildfire.
#24 Dec 05 2010 at 12:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
For example, Baying Moon and Beyond = 60 MAB. Smoldering Sky + Beyond = 60 MAB (Fire only, 30 MAB all others).


Well actually its Baying Moon + Beyond = 90 MAB Ice and 60 MAB others. Smouldering Sky + Beyond = 60 Fire and Ice, 30 MAB others.
However Smoldering Sky has magical crit on it and maybe that is what seems to push its effect on Wildfire higher than you'd see with Baying Moon and Beyond.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#25 Dec 13 2010 at 6:38 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
I picked up Atma of Beyond over the weekend, and its pretty nice. Jumped in a shout alliance and was drastically ahead of everyone other dd in the parse with Beyond and RR atmas and /war.

I also wanted to give some info on the T# in Highlands since wiki is a bit vague.

Our setup was War/Sam. NIN/war (changed to sam at end then RDM), RDM/nin, SMN/whm, COR/nin, Whm/Nin(Dual boxed with Cor).

It has enhanced movement speed, but its only 12%. Due to it constantly casting its pretty easy to out run. We popped it and kited it around the mountain at conflux 5. For red proc we just had the DD straight tank which is pretty easy. It doesnt do any major TP moves and its gas with shell5 hit for about 800, and paralyze will destory this mob, so pretty easy stuff.

The only thing that you need to worry about is Fission. Our plan was to ga the babys with Diaga and have the WHM pull them off. The wiki wasnt very clear but they dont despawn until they reset back to the point where they were created. So once you pull them off go die away from it and move the NM out of sight of the Babies. Once the Babies walk back they will sit idle for a few minutes then despawn.

Fission messed up and we had to wait for weakness to wear on our DD due to me being to slow on Diaga with the babies. At this point in our fight our NIN swapped to SAM and we continued to work on red procs. Rolls from the cor were Regain roll and refresh which I should of been rolling Maguss in after thought.

Once we proced red we jsut zerged it down. Had 1 RDM chain spell twice and dropped it about 25% then just finished it off with DD tanking it.

If stuff goes south, its pretty easy to hold with any job /nin especially with movement speed.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#26 Dec 14 2010 at 6:50 AM Rating: Good
**
779 posts
Meleeing for TP: Razed Ruins and Stout Arm
Shooting for TP: Stout Arm and Drifter
Quick Draw: Baying Moon and Beyond.
____________________________
Dreakon of Bismark
Drk90 Pld90 Cor90
Pirate Tea Party
#27 Dec 14 2010 at 9:42 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
Meleeing for TP: Razed Ruins and Stout Arm
Shooting for TP: Stout Arm and Drifter
Quick Draw: Baying Moon and Beyond.


What if you are doing a combo of QD and shooting? Since QD gives TP now its not uncommon to mix it up and let go some slugs whenever you hit 100TP. I'd probably Stout Arm and Beyond in that situation and use sushi for food.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#28 Dec 14 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
**
779 posts
Quote:
What if you are doing a combo of QD and shooting? Since QD gives TP now its not uncommon to mix it up and let go some slugs whenever you hit 100TP. I'd probably Stout Arm and Beyond in that situation and use sushi for food.


In that situation yeah, I would agree with you. I hope to get my 3rd lunar abyssite soon, would give me a little more freedom to play around. If they give us a way to get a fourth one by the time we hit 99 I would be estatic. Razed Ruins, Stout Arm, Baying Moon, Drifter GO!
____________________________
Dreakon of Bismark
Drk90 Pld90 Cor90
Pirate Tea Party
#29 Dec 14 2010 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
**
375 posts
Atma of the Ultimate is also a nice option these days, MAB+50, MACC+ and the -MP makes uggy pendant proc easier.
#30 Dec 14 2010 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Wouldnt ultimate and beyond bethe best qd atmas over smoulder sky os baying
moon?
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#31 Dec 14 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Alobont wrote:
Wouldnt ultimate and beyond bethe best qd atmas over smoulder sky os baying
moon?
Yes. But that's assuming you are doing no other form of damage (Melee, Ranged) but Quick Draw.
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#32 Dec 14 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
I would believe theres a poiny where your qd can override your melee damage if you psh it high enough to use two qd atmas over just one qd atma. Could be wrong but if your pushing the high 800s on qd it might beat out doing 1 dd 1 qd.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#33 Dec 14 2010 at 7:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
Alobont wrote:
I would believe theres a poiny where your qd can override your melee damage if you psh it high enough to use two qd atmas over just one qd atma. Could be wrong but if your pushing the high 800s on qd it might beat out doing 1 dd 1 qd.



With RR atma, it's possible to do about 150~180 melee dmg every swing with multi-hit weapon if crit-hit proc, with buffs like haste + march you can attack really fast. But QD has 45~50 sec recast time, sacrificing RR atma to boost a few hundred QD dmg isn't worth it IMO.(800 dmg other DD can do with just 3 crit-hit melee attack) Especially you may also lose WS dmg if you don't have wildfire.

For a JA with such long recast time it needs to do 2k dmg to be worth going IMO.



But then again, this is probably one of the biggest weakness of COR, jobs like NIN gets full benefit from RR/VV combo since they increase both WS dmg and melee DoT, while COR is more versatile and no atma gives everything including MAB, melee dmg, and WS dmg at once.
#34 Dec 15 2010 at 8:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
With RR atma, it's possible to do about 150~180 melee dmg every swing with multi-hit weapon if crit-hit proc, with buffs like haste + march you can attack really fast. But QD has 45~50 sec recast time, sacrificing RR atma to boost a few hundred QD dmg isn't worth it IMO.(800 dmg other DD can do with just 3 crit-hit melee attack) Especially you may also lose WS dmg if you don't have wildfire.


Of course that only works if you can stand in melee range of the mob safely. For any kited or bad AoE fight, RR atma isn't going to cut it over MAB. If COR had a crit hit WS maybe since we can get TP from QD and ranged.

But last night we were doing some NM's with bad AoE so the melee were med/regainingTPing weak stuff and just WS'ing while I was QDing/WSing with Baying moon/Ultimate and Wizards/Tactitcians as COR/RDM. I was doing considerably more damage with 500-700 QD's and 1000-1400 Leaden salutes. Only the BLM were keeping up.

I imagine a Wildfire bearing COR would fare significantly better.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#35 Dec 15 2010 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Dartagnann wrote:
Quote:
With RR atma, it's possible to do about 150~180 melee dmg every swing with multi-hit weapon if crit-hit proc, with buffs like haste + march you can attack really fast. But QD has 45~50 sec recast time, sacrificing RR atma to boost a few hundred QD dmg isn't worth it IMO.(800 dmg other DD can do with just 3 crit-hit melee attack) Especially you may also lose WS dmg if you don't have wildfire.


Of course that only works if you can stand in melee range of the mob safely. For any kited or bad AoE fight, RR atma isn't going to cut it over MAB. If COR had a crit hit WS maybe since we can get TP from QD and ranged.

But last night we were doing some NM's with bad AoE so the melee were med/regainingTPing weak stuff and just WS'ing while I was QDing/WSing with Baying moon/Ultimate and Wizards/Tactitcians as COR/RDM. I was doing considerably more damage with 500-700 QD's and 1000-1400 Leaden salutes. Only the BLM were keeping up.

I imagine a Wildfire bearing COR would fare significantly better.
Yeah. Everything is situational. IMHO SE has really tuned COR on it's ear.

I think many of us really liked our niche with meleeTP>Slugshot. I think it is getting more and more apparent the most efficient choice is to look as COR as a Gun Mage of sorts.

COR/RDM in most situations seems to be one of the best; if not THE best choice, for the majority of BIG events. Spamming Quick draw and Leaden Salutes/Wildfire with 2 MAB based atmas seems to be the path layed before us.

My two cents.
~Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#36 Dec 15 2010 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,947 posts
Viska wrote:
Dartagnann wrote:
Quote:
With RR atma, it's possible to do about 150~180 melee dmg every swing with multi-hit weapon if crit-hit proc, with buffs like haste + march you can attack really fast. But QD has 45~50 sec recast time, sacrificing RR atma to boost a few hundred QD dmg isn't worth it IMO.(800 dmg other DD can do with just 3 crit-hit melee attack) Especially you may also lose WS dmg if you don't have wildfire.


Of course that only works if you can stand in melee range of the mob safely. For any kited or bad AoE fight, RR atma isn't going to cut it over MAB. If COR had a crit hit WS maybe since we can get TP from QD and ranged.

But last night we were doing some NM's with bad AoE so the melee were med/regainingTPing weak stuff and just WS'ing while I was QDing/WSing with Baying moon/Ultimate and Wizards/Tactitcians as COR/RDM. I was doing considerably more damage with 500-700 QD's and 1000-1400 Leaden salutes. Only the BLM were keeping up.

I imagine a Wildfire bearing COR would fare significantly better.
Yeah. Everything is situational. IMHO SE has really tuned COR on it's ear.

I think many of us really liked our niche with meleeTP>Slugshot. I think it is getting more and more apparent the most efficient choice is to look as COR as a Gun Mage of sorts.

COR/RDM in most situations seems to be one of the best; if not THE best choice, for the majority of BIG events. Spamming Quick draw and Leaden Salutes/Wildfire with 2 MAB based atmas seems to be the path layed before us.

My two cents.
~Ath


While I agree COR/RDM is pretty superior for QD and such. I find myself constantly as /nin so I can absorb damage and spells. This is obviously different then a large group, but since I do mostly small man stuff I am constantly always the person with hate. While RDM is nice for the added benefits some of the stuff we are killing make stoneskin useless almost.
____________________________
[ffxisig]145240[/ffxisig]
#37 Dec 15 2010 at 2:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Alobont wrote:
While I agree COR/RDM is pretty superior for QD and such. I find myself constantly as /nin so I can absorb damage and spells. This is obviously different then a large group, but since I do mostly small man stuff I am constantly always the person with hate. While RDM is nice for the added benefits some of the stuff we are killing make stoneskin useless almost.

We run on average with 12 ppl. 9 times out of 10 on anything worth while I am coming COR/RDM. AoEs generally can devestate melee so we often use very few. I feel COR is pretty lacking in the ranged department post 75. RNG has really taken the lead in that department. So what I'm left with is Quick Draw. Popping off 800 Quick draws every 45s might not seem like a lot but it adds up, and is TP free.
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#38 Dec 15 2010 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,917 posts
Quote:
COR/RDM in most situations seems to be one of the best; if not THE best choice, for the majority of BIG events. Spamming Quick draw and Leaden Salutes/Wildfire with 2 MAB based atmas seems to be the path layed before us.



Quote:
While I agree COR/RDM is pretty superior for QD and such. I find myself constantly as /nin so I can absorb damage and spells. This is obviously different then a large group, but since I do mostly small man stuff I am constantly always the person with hate. While RDM is nice for the added benefits some of the stuff we are killing make stoneskin useless almost.


I see it as two major options for big stuff. I usually go in a big group to a lot of major fights (why get atma for and abyssites for 6 people when you can get them for 18?) and smaller groups for lesser NM's (seals, +2 items, KI). For the bigger groups /RDM rules and while you can occasionally get taken out, for the most part it offers safe steady damage. For the smaller groups /NIN works nicely so you can kite effectively. With both situations though I'm using MAB atma rather than SA/RR.

If I'm there for ranged damage, I'm on RNG.
____________________________
Mirabelle
Race: Mithra
Server: Ifrit
75COR/75RDM/75RNG/45THF/37BLM/38WHM/37NIN/37DRK/41BLU/37DNC/37SAM/37WAR/37SCH
#39 Dec 15 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
To be completly honest I find the COR AF3+2 to be ....kinda meh (Other then bottes), especialy when it comes to quick draw. I feel the Body should have had some sort of major MAB on it and other pieces with some minor MAB on it. The feet; I think, are pretty good with the 10%. I think the set effect should have been each piece knocks off recast timers for Quick Draw.

I'm not saying that the DD stats aren't great, but compared to the many other job's sets I feel like we were spread too thin being the Hybrid that we are. It should be very apparent that with the addition of atmas it is too difficult to try to hit melee or Ranged mixed with Quick Draw and WS. To really excel at something on COR you really have to go for it and cuase another area to be modest at best.

If the full set bonus is a low proc % I think I will be a little more then disheartened. I'm definately not one to QQ in the forums and it is what it is at this point. Perhaps this is for another thread but I'm curious what the COR community thinks about the direction of our favored job.

Ath
____________________________
Athrin
Siren Server
90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BRD 90DNC 90RDM
Arrrghmageddon Stage 2 COMPLETE!
#40 Dec 18 2010 at 3:06 AM Rating: Decent
29 posts
Viska wrote:
To be completly honest I find the COR AF3+2 to be ....kinda meh (Other then bottes), especialy when it comes to quick draw. I feel the Body should have had some sort of major MAB on it and other pieces with some minor MAB on it. The feet; I think, are pretty good with the 10%. I think the set effect should have been each piece knocks off recast timers for Quick Draw.

I'm not saying that the DD stats aren't great, but compared to the many other job's sets I feel like we were spread too thin being the Hybrid that we are. It should be very apparent that with the addition of atmas it is too difficult to try to hit melee or Ranged mixed with Quick Draw and WS. To really excel at something on COR you really have to go for it and cuase another area to be modest at best.

If the full set bonus is a low proc % I think I will be a little more then disheartened. I'm definately not one to QQ in the forums and it is what it is at this point. Perhaps this is for another thread but I'm curious what the COR community thinks about the direction of our favored job.

Ath


I agree with most of this. I think QD is clearly the way to go in Abyssea and only the boots are a must-have in that regard. I too am shocked they didn't give us a single piece with MAB on it (except the neckpiece with a whooping +3), instead opting to give us MAcc which is highly debatable if we even need it.

I actually don't think they split the stats up much at all...all the pieces, even the neck and back armor, tells us they want us to be Rangers with a gun...except they won't give us a better, CHEAPER bullet (yes, I've read about how Oberon's is SUPPOSED to be that, but it just isn't...blame greed, blame lack of mats or whatever, but reality is the bullet is stupidly expensive on many servers, and the bullet damage does not even exceed a Silver Bullet, and that can be used at LVL 50 by RNG...), so it is still stupidly expensive to play that way. They also completely overlooked COR as far as triggering weaknesses so even if we do play like that, you STILL need a RNG for all the RA WS triggers.

But, that being said I feel they got that wrong too because they gave us so much RAcc and almost no RAtt or STR to help with the low damage output. I know COR's have less ACC innately than RNGs, but come on....I can already land more Slug Shots on T3s than some RNGs do. I really do hope the Triple Damage Augment trigger rate goes up by a good percentage per piece (and not just 1-2%)...it's really all that's keeping me going and collecting the pieces at the moment.

SE should take whoever is in charge of COR gear and get rid of him too...since they are changing directors and stuff everywhere anyways. I felt they got it right for a lot of classes (DRG, WAR, BLM, WHM, and others come to mind), but really missed here with COR.



Edited, Dec 18th 2010 4:07am by dawkins965
#41 Dec 20 2010 at 7:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
For NM's i use Beyond/Gnarled/Baying Moon and use Ice Shot as my main QD.
I can reach over 2500 Leaden Salute without really trying with my MaB build, i do use /RDM though.
Using QD and Tactician's Roll i do not feed TP to a NM while doing pretty good damage (Ice Shots for 900+, breaks 1k with Navarch's+1)

When i get Bedlam+2 i'll gear for Wildfire.
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#42 Dec 22 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
24 posts
I prefer Ultimate + Smouldering Sky + Lone Wolf. For pure dmg output, nothing else has come close for me. I have all the major dd atmas, but at the end of the day, I'm really only tping to ws. Averaging 1k+ Fire Shots and 5k+ Wildfires are pretty hard to beat.
____________________________
Solara
Asura/windurst
Row row, fight the powah!
#43 Jun 21 2011 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
solara wrote:
I prefer Ultimate + Smouldering Sky + Lone Wolf. For pure dmg output, nothing else has come close for me. I have all the major dd atmas, but at the end of the day, I'm really only tping to ws. Averaging 1k+ Fire Shots and 5k+ Wildfires are pretty hard to beat.


Question, without me going out to test tomorrow (Which if I will if I get no answer)

Would Ultiamte + Hell's Guardian + Smoldering Sky beat Ultimate + Smold.Sky + LoneWolf?
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#44 Jun 21 2011 at 6:56 PM Rating: Good
**
344 posts
Since I don't have hells guardian... I won't have this issue, but, it's an interesting question:

My thoughts would be
Ultimate (MAB +50, MAcc +50 - should pretty much negate any worries for resists/acc issues - unless the mob is naturally magic resistant... then you can't do anything about it anyway)
Hell's Guardian (MAB +50)

The big choice for the 3rd slot really depends if there's much difference other than wording.

Smoldering Sky = Fire Attack: Major (so what +40? or +30) and Magic Crit +: Major (again, exact number not known, but probably similar to crit hit increase major)

Lone Wolf = Fire Magic Attack: Major (so... same numbers as above).

The question is - is there a difference between LW & SS.
Easy to check. Do 10 WS with wildfire with one, 10 WS with wildfire with the other. If there's a difference, you know which one to go with.

If there isn't... Well, I'd go with Smoldering Sky - just because, I don't know if Magic Crit affects Elemental WS. But, even if there's a small chance it does... win.
____________________________
Ashoka-Phoenix
90 BLU, PUP, DNC, THF, COR & BRD.... yes, I finally finished BRD to 90....

I once ate the soul of a MNK
It tasted like chocolate.
#45 Jun 25 2011 at 1:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
256 posts
MagingMartin wrote:
solara wrote:
I prefer Ultimate + Smouldering Sky + Lone Wolf. For pure dmg output, nothing else has come close for me. I have all the major dd atmas, but at the end of the day, I'm really only tping to ws. Averaging 1k+ Fire Shots and 5k+ Wildfires are pretty hard to beat.


Question, without me going out to test tomorrow (Which if I will if I get no answer)

Would Ultiamte + Hell's Guardian + Smoldering Sky beat Ultimate + Smold.Sky + LoneWolf?



If you want to test it, make sure you test on EXP mobs that takes full WF dmg, and NM mobs that takes less WF dmg.

I think(but not entirely sure) if the NM you fight only takes 1/2 or 1/3 of WF dmg, then fire magic attack atma won't be as good.
#46 Jun 26 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
Afania wrote:
MagingMartin wrote:
solara wrote:
I prefer Ultimate + Smouldering Sky + Lone Wolf. For pure dmg output, nothing else has come close for me. I have all the major dd atmas, but at the end of the day, I'm really only tping to ws. Averaging 1k+ Fire Shots and 5k+ Wildfires are pretty hard to beat.


Question, without me going out to test tomorrow (Which if I will if I get no answer)

Would Ultiamte + Hell's Guardian + Smoldering Sky beat Ultimate + Smold.Sky + LoneWolf?



If you want to test it, make sure you test on EXP mobs that takes full WF dmg, and NM mobs that takes less WF dmg.

I think(but not entirely sure) if the NM you fight only takes 1/2 or 1/3 of WF dmg, then fire magic attack atma won't be as good.


Any suggestions on a mob/NM?

I'm thinking worms in aby-latheine, plus a suggested NM
____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#47 Jun 26 2011 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
**
344 posts
Doesn't ulhshihsih... Big Worm in Attohwa have natural magic resistance?
can pretty much do your testing in one spot... if you have a couple of friends to help you out
____________________________
Ashoka-Phoenix
90 BLU, PUP, DNC, THF, COR & BRD.... yes, I finally finished BRD to 90....

I once ate the soul of a MNK
It tasted like chocolate.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)