Wind and water don't add much benifit for as awesome of debuffs, so Meh @ them.
Wind can be particularly useful, since Wind/Auster's staff has AGI+4/+5 (the only stave to have that stat) in addition to being able to match the QD/staff elements. I use Auster's a lot, either for a max AGI QD set, or for pulling due to the nice +10 Evasion stat (effectively 12.5 evasion with the AGI factored in). I can pop off a strong Wind Shot on occasion between pulls and get both AGI+5 AND the element matching bonus for my QD. Since I pull with Peacemaker, that plus the AGI+5 on Auster's is usually plenty sufficient to make my Light Shots stick without using a Light Staff, so I don't normally feel the need to pull with Light Staff unless my sleeps are having a hard time sticking for some reason.
Also, a question. Does Wind Shot enhance Gravity and/or Silence? Both are Wind-based enfeebles. I thought that it did enhance them (at least Gravity), but people rarely mention that (whereas Earth/Ice for Slow/Para are often mentioned).
At a minimum, I keep Light/Dark/1 DD card in inventory at all times. I usually keep more on me. I keep a stack of each though, whether on my inventory or now in my Mog Satchel (formerly my not-in-use cards stayed in my Mog Locker).
The breakdown: * Light
- Sleep. Better have this. * Dark
- Dispel. No reason not to have the option to dispel. * Ice
- Enhance Para, have it for important events. Doubles as solid DD card. * Earth
- Enhance Slow, have it for important events. Doubles as solid DD card. * Wind
- Enhance Silence/Gravity? DD card. Pairs nicely with Wind/Auster's Staff's AGI+. * Fire
- DD card. Pairs nicely with Fire/Vulcan's Staff's R.Atk+. * Thunder
- DD card. Lots of mobs are weak to Thunder, so it's often useful. * Water
- DD card. The least useful card unless you're trying to match Waterday or use it on a mob that's weak to Water. I do like the animation though, and I feel sorry for poor ol' Water Shot now and then so I sometimes use it for situations where it's "any damaging QD will do" and I'm not using an elemental staff.
I personally own Light, Fire, and Auster's staves as well, so that provides some extra benefit to those shots. Edited, Apr 27th 2009 7:04pm by Anza