Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Staff Trials with Finishing blow questionFollow

#1 Oct 12 2010 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
29 posts
According to the staff trial wiki pages, several of these trials can now be completed with other people as long as you have the avatar/corresponding trial staff equipped. Are all the trials with Finishing blow, particularly to get the perpetuation -6 (final trial/s) doable with this method now? Thanks for the confirmation and information.
#2 Oct 12 2010 at 4:41 PM Rating: Good
****
4,208 posts
Yes. You will get credit as long as a pet deals the finishing blow and you have a pet at the time.

I recently did this with a JP SMN on one of the ice trials in Uleguerand (pet deals finishing blow to raptor family in ice day/weather). We were killing raptors, him using Fenrir and myself using Garuda. Kill shots counted for both of us.

I'm sure the case is the same even if it requires a specific avatar getting the kill shot.
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#3 Oct 14 2010 at 9:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
316 posts
I am really confused, seeing this works in some cases and (apparantly?) not in others.

Like, right now i´m in Caedarva Mire doing sheeps for Garuda staff. I teamed up with a japanese pl working on Shiva staff. When Shiva kills a sheep, me with Garuda out and trial staff equiped get NO point for it.


edit: to be sure, i tried it again with the japanese player, his shiva did the killshot on the sheep, my garuda/ongoing trial DID NOT get any point whatsoever.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 11:09am by Mosel
____________________________
G.Gause -Mithra / Fenrir-
BST99 Guttler 29/12/2011

Baduizm.
#4 Oct 14 2010 at 9:22 AM Rating: Good
*
166 posts
Mosel wrote:
I am really confused, seeing this works in some cases and (apparantly?) not in others.

Like, right now i´m in Caedarva Mire doing sheeps for Garuda staff. I teamed up with a japanese pl working on Shiva staff. When Shiva kills a sheep, me with Garuda out and trial staff equiped get NO point for it.


edit: to be sure, i tried it again with the japanese player, his shiva did the killshot on the sheep, my garuda/ongoing trial DID NOT get any point whatsoever.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 11:09am by Mosel


Are you both on the same trial? If his says shiva killshots and yours is garuda killshots credit will only be given to one of you.
____________________________
Fereydoon
Shiva
90SMN 90SCH 90COR 90BLM 90BLU
#5 Oct 14 2010 at 9:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
316 posts
Thanks for solving my case, and no, we´re not on exactly the same trial, he has -4 perpetuation staff for shiva, i am one step before that with my garuda stick.

Every time i start to like SE again, something like this happens.

Edited, Oct 14th 2010 11:39am by Mosel
____________________________
G.Gause -Mithra / Fenrir-
BST99 Guttler 29/12/2011

Baduizm.
#6 Oct 25 2010 at 10:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,306 posts
well there are separate trials for sheep, one involving garuda and other involving shiva. to both get credit, both must be on same trial and both must have same avatar out when the avatar gets the kill shot.

many of the pet kill trials involve crabs, raptors, mandragoras, and sheep.
____________________________
Won't stop until I become a Sage
Server: Leviathan
Ayrlie: 90 BLM BST WHM
Disgaea: 80 RDM 75 SAM
Kingdom Hearts Music
Ayrlie's YouTube Videos
#7 Oct 27 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,208 posts
etnapwnzs wrote:
well there are separate trials for sheep, one involving garuda and other involving shiva. to both get credit, both must be on same trial and both must have same avatar out when the avatar gets the kill shot.

many of the pet kill trials involve crabs, raptors, mandragoras, and sheep.

Not entirely true. I think some of those criteria are correct, but not all. For example, I know for a fact it doesn't have to be the same avatar. I teamed up once for trials 1707 & 2194 (pet kills in ice day/weather). These are on the Pet:MAB staff path. I was using Garuda, and teamed up with a SMN who was using Fenrir. The only time one of us wouldn't get credit is if we had no avatar at all. Different avatars are ok, but you have to have a pet and the target has to have been killed by a pet. Which pet or who's pet doesn't seem to matter. (Note that this obviously isn't the case if the trial specifies killing with a specific avatar... then everyone really does have to be using the same one. If it's just any pet kill, it doesn't matter.)

Also, I'm fairly certain you don't have to be on the same trial, as long as the conditions are met. I'm less certain on this one, because the person I teamed up with was JP. I was on trial 810 (150 undead kills with 50+ wind damage). He was also on a similar trial (required wind damage kills or pet kills, not sure exactly what) but he required skeletons specifically, not just any old undead. That's how I know he was on a different trial than me, but we still both got credit.

Edited, Oct 27th 2010 11:25am by Pergatory
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#8 Nov 07 2010 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
947 posts
Quote:
Not entirely true. I think some of those criteria are correct, but not all. For example, I know for a fact it doesn't have to be the same avatar. I teamed up once for trials 1707 & 2194 (pet kills in ice day/weather). These are on the Pet:MAB staff path. I was using Garuda, and teamed up with a SMN who was using Fenrir. The only time one of us wouldn't get credit is if we had no avatar at all. Different avatars are ok, but you have to have a pet and the target has to have been killed by a pet. Which pet or who's pet doesn't seem to matter. (Note that this obviously isn't the case if the trial specifies killing with a specific avatar... then everyone really does have to be using the same one. If it's just any pet kill, it doesn't matter.)

Also, I'm fairly certain you don't have to be on the same trial, as long as the conditions are met. I'm less certain on this one, because the person I teamed up with was JP. I was on trial 810 (150 undead kills with 50+ wind damage). He was also on a similar trial (required wind damage kills or pet kills, not sure exactly what) but he required skeletons specifically, not just any old undead. That's how I know he was on a different trial than me, but we still both got credit.


Also adding to this, I did my finishing blow 50+ light damage for cure staff with a beastmaster finishing enemies with primal rend, which is light damage. I used carbuncle (on smn) / banish (on whm) when doing the trial prior to him helping me. My friend, the BST, was not doing a trial. His primal rends counted toward my trial.

Essentially, whether they are doing a trial, or doing a different trial, all that matters for your trial is your requirement.

For example:

If you have pet kill, it doesn't matter if it's an avatar, fellowship npc, wyvern, jug pet, automaton, or charmed pet. It just has to be a pet kill, by you or someone in your party, on whatever mob is required.

If you have specific avatar finishing blow, it doesn't matter whether it's your avatar or someone else's, but it has to be that specific avatar. Like if a summoner doing no trial is helping you do garuda sheep finishing blow, they must be using garuda for the kill for you to get credit.

If you are with a summoner doing a pet kill mab staff, and you are doing a specific avatar, have your friend use the avatar that is specified so you both get credit.

If you are doing separate avatar trials (ie garuda sheep vs shiva sheep) then you cannot do it together. Either one (shiva OR garuda kill) gets the credit, or none (ie your melee hit building tp for spirit taker kills the mob).



Essentially... the requirements for finishing blow trials now extend to the entire party, but they must use the specified method that you must follow.

Edited, Nov 7th 2010 4:25pm by Annalise
#9 Nov 16 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Yeah the major discrepancy here is if it's "Pet deals finishing blow" vs "Deal finishing blow with X avatar."

It's also important to note that you must have the correct avatar summoned in order to get credit for the specific avatar ones. I.E. If you're doing one that's say "Kill 200 slimes with fenrir dealing the finishing blow," you cannot have it set up so that you have 3 people using fenrir, and the last using Diabolos for favor. The person using Diabolos would not get credit.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)