Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Guide To New Summoner Idea DiscussionFollow

#1 Dec 08 2008 at 6:42 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,451 posts
With the recent influx of new threads on this forum along with the regular nature of this forum where one person or another announces, “Hey, I have an idea for Summoner,” I felt it best to create a guide thread to help steer the direction of such threads in a manner that is ultimately positive for everyone on this forum. Similar to the New Job Idea? thread in the actual FFXI Feedback and Suggestions forum page, this guide will aim to provide a stable platform for all new suggestions on improving the FFXI Job Class Summoner. My hope is that this post will either be added to the links within the stickies, or added as a sticky itself so to be as easily accessable as it can be.

----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

Part 1: Suggesting Suggestions We’ve Suggested Before.
It’s common in the Allakhazam FFXI forums to see new idea threads criticized early on for being nothing more than re-writes of older ideas. As the person who created the thread, this can be upsetting. Don’t worry about it. In fact, there are dozens of people who view this particular forum of Allakhazam, and these people are only a small section of the hundreds of people who visit the FFXI section of Allakhazam each day. Allakhazam has been around for a very long time, and has been a premier FFXI site for as long as the game has been out. With all of those voices on these forums, it’s hard to imagine that any ideas are ever truly “new” or “novel” anymore.

But that’s okay. Don’t be afraid to post because you are don’t know if your idea is just a repost or not. At the same time, though, don’t take it personally if the first couple of replies to your thread tell you that this has been a subject that has been beaten to death many times before. Take a note about it, and let the thread go if you have nothing new to present. The only time you shouldn’t post is if you know a particular subject has been discussed to the point where no new information will ever come out of it. A common such subject on this forum is a suggestion to remove Perpetuation Cost from Avatars and Spirits. This idea has been discussed, debated, and defeated many, many times since SMN was brought to FFXI. While no one denies that removing Perpetuation Cost would be largely beneficial to how the job class operates, it’s just as recognizable that the developers at SE will never remove the principle drawback to the job class. Every job class has a hindrance, a weak point, and for Summoners, this weak point is our Perpetuation Cost.

----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

Part 2: Putting On My Yuna Form
Let’s face it, Summoners in Final Fantasy games have a long and rich history. Most every fan of the Final Fantasy genre of RPGs has either a favorite Summoner, or a favorite Summon (mine happens to be Fat Chocobo). But it’s important to remember that the Summoners of past Final Fantasy games are not the Summoners of present-day Final Fantasy Online. The Summoner as it is presented in FFXI is a job class unique to any Final Fantasy, with a playstyle and impact that is also unique amongst the genre.

Because of this, it is almost never a good idea to look for inspiration for your idea threads in other Final Fantasy games. The obvious exception for this is when proposing new avatars. In that respect, most every Final Fantasy game has similar styles of avatars.

Just keep in mind that if your new idea is to be taken seriously, it needs to make sense within the confines of Final Fantasy XI. We can’t “become” our avatars like we could in FFX anymore than we can equip Materia like in FFVII. I know that this is all fictional, but there is a reason why you don’t see stormtroopers fighting Klingons, and why Naruto and Ash don’t go off and fight to destroy the One Ring and save Middle-Earth. Each Final Fantasy is its own universe, and the Summoner from FFXI should be kept separate from the Summoners elsewhere.

By that same token, Summoner is what Summoner is. Any new idea that would end up radically changing the job class at a fundamental level most likely isn't going to happen. Summoners aren't going to be recoded to equip Scorpion Harnesses and Polearms. Avatars aren’g going to be coded to get Samurai-esque job abilities. Spirits aren’t going to be coded to fetch your slippers and the newspaper. You shouldn't expect it to happen that way.

*Note* Suggestions based on World of Warcraft or any of its mechanics is a wholly separate source of forum etiquette. For some reason, people who play FFXI find themselves pitted against people who play WoW like it’s an epic battle amongst online RPGs. I won’t say you shouldn’t post suggestions for Summoner that are inspired by things you’ve found in WoW, but if you choose to do so, expect extra resistance.

----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

Part 3: Oh Avatar, Where Art Thou?
New Avatar-based suggestions deserve their own section in this guide. More common than the pains of subbing White Mage, Summoners in FFXI are constantly looking for any word, hint, or subtle detail about our next great avatar. As of this thread, there are 6 Celestial Avatars (Titan, Shiva, Garuda, Ifrit, Leviathan, Ramuh), 3 Terrestrial Avatars (Carbuncle, Fenrir, Diabolos), and 8 elemental spirits.

While it is common to wonder about where the next strain on our macros will come from, it’s important to recognize several “beliefs” regarding Avatars in FFXI:

  • Yes, members of the Development Team have stated they wish to release multiple new Avatars.
  • It’s popped up multiple times. The first time I noticed it hinted at, following Diabolos, was in a 1up.com interview regarding early questions about the ToAU expansion:
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=2&cId=3145765&p=

    Quote:
    1UP: I'm sure you can't be specific, but is Blue Mage the only job you plan to add to Treasures, or do you plan to add others and/or Summons?

    HT: I can't say how many new jobs, but Blue Mage is not the only one. And when you say that new summons were not implemented in Chains of Promathia, you're assuming that Chains of Promathia is already finished... [laughs]

    The actual origin for where this comes from, however, is here:
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=3&cId=3148759&p=

    Quote:
    SUMMONER: One observation the development team has noticed has been the tendency of Summoners to only cast an avatar when they need a specific spell (i.e. Aerial Armor), and then to release them. The team would like the Summoner to leave the avatars out longer. To achieve this it's considering giving the Summoner more MP, although in reality a lower perpetuation cost might be more effective. The duration of Summoner-derived party buffs will depend -- finally -- on the level of a Summoner's summoning magic skill. The FFXI team is planning to add more abilities for avatars. There are no plans to add Bahamut as an avatar. The reason for this is because if the developers were to add Bahamut as a summonable avatar, they would have to reduce his strength considerably, and the team didn't want to do that. New avatars will, however, be added in the future.


  • No, Bahamut is not available to be summoned.
  • The above link also explains where the origin for this belief began.

  • Celestial beings available to be Summoned thusfar have been located on the Vana’diel Star Chart. Future Summons will also be linked to this chart.
  • The chart is located here:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Constellation_Chart

    (This one is fairly weak in effect. The true assumption is that any new celestial Avatars would probably be bound to this chart). Regardless, this chart has a long and sordid history all its own, being responsible for many damaging rumors and hearsay over the years.

  • As of this thread, SE still claims that they are still planning on releasing new avatar(s).
  • (source)

    *Note* The poster Nashreen on BG is a friend of Elmer the Pointy and plays under the character name Corinth. He attended the Japanese 2008 Fan Fest with Elmer, and his statements are accepted as he was a first-hand observer of the information.

    Information was also released at the NA Fanfest in 2008 where a member of the Development Team has stated (para),

    Quote:
    Two new avatars are under consideration, including one that is very large. One or both may be implemented in the “not so far future.”

    Source: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10;mid=122860974867562811;num=59;page=1


    ----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

    Part 4: "New Ability" Talking Points
    Taking a cue from Part 2, this is a non-inclusive list of common talking points for the Summoners on this (and other) forums when discussing new abilities:

    1. Avatar melee
    2. PC melee
    3. New Avatars
    4. Summoning Skill improvements
    5. Subjobs
    6. Avatar Stats/Skills
    7. Bloodpact modifications
    8. Bloodpact Additions
    9. Unique Abilities (Avatar specific)
    10. Unique Abilities (Summoner specific)

    Do keep in mind that common talking points will have common reactions and common responses.

    ----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

    Part 5: Spinning The Thread
    With all that has been established thusfar, it is important to give a few pointers on how to structure idea threads.

    First, recognize the need. After all, your suggestion is to improve upon the existing job class. It is important to point out the reason why you created the thread in the first place.

    Second, know the job class. All too often, certain intricate details about the Summoner job class are neglected, omitted, or forgotten in a new idea. It helps to read things like the stickies at the top of this forum as well as reference material on other information sites to help you gain a full understanding of the job class.

    Third, understand the purpose of your post. You are posting an unfinished idea, looking to hear the opinions of others about your work. If you think your idea is perfect the way it is, and you neither want nor care about the opinions of others, then the Summoner Job Class forum on Allakhazam is not the right place for your post. You would do better posting in the Feedback and Suggestions forum (forum=29) of Allakhazam, or even emailing SE through your PlayOnline portal.

    Fourth, be as descriptive as possible. I’m not suggesting you create the entire backstory to your new Avatar, but at least include things like potential Bloodpacts, or at the least, a common theme for the Avatar’s abilities.

    Fifth, be as specific as possible. If you want to see more gear introduced to the game that has Bloodpact timer reduction on it, explain which gear slots you would like to see and how much reduction you think it appropriate.

    Sixth, include any drawbacks that you are aware of. It’s not uncommon for one person to run out of steam mid-design. After all, SE has an entire team of developers that plan these things, and if you are missing a key piece to that new Weapon you want to see introduced, admit it and open yourself up to the opinions of the other forum-goers. In a constructive thread, this will ultimately strengthen the idea.

    Last, accept criticism. I know you really, really want your idea to be accepted by the community, but it isn’t always going to happen. Many good ideas go through several versions of change before becoming a finished product. At the same time, what you think is a good idea may not be considered good by the community. It helps to understand and accept these things.

    ----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

    Part 6: The Patient Rebuttal
    Internet forums can be hotbeds for argument, senseless accusations and personal attacks. For some reason, the Summoner forums here at Allakhazam seem to be a focal point for antagonism, logical inaccuracy, and all-around nastiness. I quote this passage from one of the Admins that I got recently in a PM (reposted without permission):

    Wordaen wrote:
    I don't get called to the [World of Warcraft] forums even a third as often as I get called to the SMN [forums].


    As stated above, this particular admin gets more calls regarding heated debate to the Summoner Job Class forum 3 times as often as to the entire World of Warcraft forums.

    For those of us who believe we have seen it all, read it all, and know it all, there are some healthy ways to introduce debate without immediately igniting a flame-fest. Based on my experience, it's usually the person or persons who are reubtting that throw the first stones, and while it may help postcount, it's not very beneficial to the forum as a whole.

    First, judge the merit of the initial post on the information presented. That is to say, if it is a new idea, try to discuss the new idea. Your first reply to any thread should never be an attack. It’s important to try to remain as patient as you are able for as long as you are able.

    Second, ask questions. Many times a new idea thread leaves out key pieces of information. Initially, point those out in the form of a question. Give the Original Poster an opportunity to fine-tune his suggestion. From there you can decide whether or not the idea has merit

    Third, do unto others. If the OP is complying with the flow of discussion, do not introduce insults or attacks. If the OP, however, resorts to personal attacks and mudslinging, well, you have license to do the same. I don’t necessarily advocate such low-brow methods of discussion, but it’s no different than attending a dinner as someone else’s guest. The primary rule is to let the host dictate the formality of the evening. Likewise, let the OP of the thread choose how to follow up the initial post.

    Fourth, don’t be afraid to give your opinion. After all, opinions drive discussion. But, at the same time, understand that your opinion can and will be challenged by others. Be ready to back up your opinion with fact at all times. The person presenting the idea thread should already be expecting challenges, but that doesn’t mean that your counter-points will remain uncountered themselves.

    Last, recognize when a thread has degraded. In conjunction with the third point, oftentimes a thread will simply lose its momentum and unravel into a series of flames and postcount increases. Again, it is up to you to either engage in the event, or remove yourself.

    ----*----*----*--------*----*----*----

    Part 7: In Conclusion
    In conclusion, the Summoner Forums here on Allakhazam are tumultuous on the best days, and nuclear on the worst. I'd like to believe that something like a guide to creating new ideas is frivolous and unnecessary, but I've long since learned that common sense isn't common practice. It is my hope that a guide like this will help organize you newcomers (and some regulars too) so that if you truly think that your idea to improve the job class is worth discussing on this forum, you are prepared for intelligent, safe, positive discussion!


    Edited, Dec 8th 2008 9:43am by Acturus

    Edited, Dec 10th 2008 11:08pm by Wordaen
    ____________________________
    Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
    milich wrote:
    Quote:
    Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
    actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


    Now THIS is PvP!

    MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
    #2 Dec 08 2008 at 9:16 AM Rating: Good
    **
    435 posts
    Very well written, Act.

    However, might I add something?
    It could be useful to include Enil's list of "What will this change do for the SMN job?" questions in your post.

    Enilanerda wrote:

    Problem:
    Goal:
    Correction:
    Summary:
    Explination:
    3-4 examples backing up the correction and how it can be applied:
    How this fix will effect Smn Gear:
    How this fix will effect Solo'ing:
    How this fix will effect End Game:
    How this fix will effect Smn 1-75:
    How will this effect Melee Smn:
    How will this effect Main healing:
    How will this effect Smn as a support job:
    How this fix will work:
    How will this fix be seen by from other jobs point of view.
    Will this positively or negatively effect Smn's versatility:
    2-3 scenarios where this idea could possibly fail:
    2-3 scenarios where this idea could possibly be over powered:
    2-3 comparisons to other jobs in game, that makes sense, w/o making us THAT job.
    How this fix will effect Smn's role in a party:
    How this fix will make Smn more balanced:
    How this will change Smn's ability to fit in:
    How will this effect Smn as a sub job:
    How will this effect Smn's Sub job choices:
    How this fix will change the player base views on the job

    A: To the summoner community
    B: To the rest of the community


    They can be found in this thread.

    Obviously, if the purpose of the thread is to explore and develop the idea, then all of these questions may not need to be fully developed in the opening post.

    Edit

    I forgot to add something...
    I feel that, if an idea is to be suggested, one should try to imagine the amount of coding it will take. The sad reality is that, if the work to introduce the change is unreasonably long, SE might not even consider it in the first place.

    For example, one of these two questions should also be asked...
    Quote:

    Can the goal of this suggestion be reached if the current system is tweaked?

    or...

    Is a new ability/job trait really needed?


    Edited, Dec 8th 2008 12:24pm by AmrikValefor
    ____________________________
    SMN90 - Valefor
    MDenham wrote:
    Mistress Tailmon wrote:
    Anime does cover a very large audience and a majority of our MMORG's do have anime influences
    World of Warcraft, however, was influenced by Scooby-Doo.
    #3 Dec 08 2008 at 9:40 AM Rating: Default
    35 posts
    Nice guide, got my vote for sticky
    #4 Dec 08 2008 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
    ****
    7,451 posts
    Amrik,

    I feel that your post makes a fine addendum to the topic. Please keep it as is.
    ____________________________
    Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
    milich wrote:
    Quote:
    Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
    actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


    Now THIS is PvP!

    MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
    #5 Dec 08 2008 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
    Avatard
    *****
    11,630 posts
    Lacking a few key points in discussions.


    1. The use of the word "overpowered". I mean, it is completely useless and pointless in a discussion. Because you call yellow ducks overpowered doesn't change anything. You can go all day about overpowered with jobs that already exist.

    NIN is overpowered because it can negate 5k damage with a single shadow.
    SMN is overpowered because it can deal damage hate-free.
    SCH is overpowered because it can do WHM and BLM things almost as good as WHM and BLM.
    BST is overpowered because it can solo NMs.
    BLM is overpowered because in groups they are the best HNM killing job.
    RDM is overpowered because it can convert and refresh and live long.

    Just stop it. Don't even go into "overpowered" discussions. You can always find something and call it overpowered. Most cases it won't be true.


    2. Understanding players way of thinking. If you do not know how people think, you can not fix anything.

    Why do people say "don't let your avatar attack"? You can't make SMNs use avatars more often without answering this. And the issue is large. A few will tell you not to do it because of damage/MP, some will say it because of damage/TP fed, some probably know that if you melee with avatars you will be less interested in switching avatars and use fewer wards. It is not impossible that some just don't want the avatar to stand in the way so the graphics is the problem (or placement of where you put the avatar after assault).

    You can't fix something, if you do not know what is broken.



    3. Compare other jobs. This means you need to know about other jobs too. I'm not perfect, but I know puppets can reach 25 seconds casting time AND complain that they want their spells split into 1 debuff, 1 damage and 1 cures casting timer. Spirits has 50ish seconds casting time. Based on this I can easily say that spirits should be lowered to around 25 seconds as well. Because if PUPs know 25 seconds is too slow, then I think I have a very good argument for 50 seconds being WAY slow.

    But be aware of how you compare. I keep having to argue in threads about how you can not rate spells like barfire equal to say 25% attack chaos rolls. The effects are vastly different and you can't say 1 buff = 1 buff.



    Follow those 3 steps and you'll have less arguments with me.
    #6 Dec 08 2008 at 9:29 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    1,745 posts
    A few things from my point of view:
    1. Realize that FFXI is built upon a large amount of small effects. Haste +1% is not much by itself, but several instances of haste +1% has a highly significant effect.

    2. Part of the game of FFXI is the ability to grow stronger over time. Giving a massive boost to everyone unilaterally partially ruins the game as it does not reward players for trying harder and playing more.

    3. Simplicity is a sign of good design. I know it may sound strange, but huge convoluted, hard to execute designs are generally inferior ideas to intelligent small ideas.

    Forgot one:
    4. Use the tools you have to their maximum potential before inventing something new. There is no good reason to use an out of box solution when a in the box solution is perfectly viable.

    Edited, Dec 9th 2008 12:33am by anonone
    ____________________________
    Psyconfuse
    0 Merits, and proud of it.
    (I never even talked to the nomad moogle yet)
    75BLM-75BRD-75SAM
    71SMN-67WHM
    http://www.garageraja.com
    #7 Dec 09 2008 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?
    ____________________________
    Wordaen - Click here to contact me!
    #8 Dec 09 2008 at 2:01 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    Wordaen, Keeper of the Banstick wrote:
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?

    We'd rather you would just TELL posters that the correct place to post those kind of idea's was in the Feedback forum, and when they don't listen just manually move them yourself. Is that a possibility?
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #9 Dec 09 2008 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
    **
    435 posts
    Enilanerda wrote:
    Wordaen, Keeper of the Banstick wrote:
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?

    We'd rather you would just TELL posters that the correct place to post those kind of idea's was in the Feedback forum, and when they don't listen just manually move them yourself. Is that a possibility?


    I will have to disagree with you in this one, Enil, because I think there's a difference.

    When someone posts a good suggestion in the feedback forum, it is generally an "almost complete" idea. Some of the ideas introduced in the Summoner forum are rather incomplete. Therefore, I feel that there's no better place to discuss and work with the concept a suggestion's OP is introducing than this forum in order to polish it and, finally, publish the "finished" form in the feedback forum. (where it will be eaten alive by the FFXI community as a whole :D)

    However, that's just my opinion.
    ____________________________
    SMN90 - Valefor
    MDenham wrote:
    Mistress Tailmon wrote:
    Anime does cover a very large audience and a majority of our MMORG's do have anime influences
    World of Warcraft, however, was influenced by Scooby-Doo.
    #10 Dec 09 2008 at 3:42 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    The feedback forum is not limited to "done" ideas. It's for ideas that... NEED feedback. Then the "final" version should be emailed to SE.

    Job forums are for discussing about the job we play, not the dreams we wish up at night.
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #11 Dec 09 2008 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
    **
    435 posts
    The thing, Enil, is that Allakhazam's OP in that forum states:

    Allakhazam wrote:
    This forum is for feedback and suggestions to the Square-Enix about things they can do to improve the game for you. Please limit your posts to direct feedback to the developers, not the other players. We will delete any posts feel are not appropriate to this forum (once we get thread moving capacity, we will just move them to the other forum, but for now we will delete them). Square-Enix will be monitoring this forum and occasionally posting here. Hopefully, it can be used responsibly so that they can get useful feedback. Thanks.


    That's why I held up that opinion.
    I am not saying that your opinion is wrong or incorrect, it is just that our opinions are a different.

    I guess we should just agree to disagree, there's no point to discuss this when the ruling finger lies on the moderators' hands :P
    ____________________________
    SMN90 - Valefor
    MDenham wrote:
    Mistress Tailmon wrote:
    Anime does cover a very large audience and a majority of our MMORG's do have anime influences
    World of Warcraft, however, was influenced by Scooby-Doo.
    #12 Dec 09 2008 at 4:50 PM Rating: Excellent
    Enilanerda wrote:
    We'd rather you would just TELL posters that the correct place to post those kind of idea's was in the Feedback forum, and when they don't listen just manually move them yourself. Is that a possibility?


    First off, that's your opinion, not the overall of the forum, which is why I asked if the person who made the thread would like it stickied. It looks very complete, non offensive, non abusive and generally helpful to me. Second, users are free to post topics anywhere they like for the most part, excepting the obvious troll threads, spam, yadda yadda. If an admin deems it better suited someplace else whether from a complaint or happening across it, we deal with it then on a case by case basis unless there is an obvious history of abusive or spamming behavior related to that account. We prefer not pigeonhole a poster into a particular forum because a small minority of posters don't like how that person posts or don't like what subject matter they choose to make a post about. If a user doesn't like a particular person's posts, they have a very simple solution - avoid reading threads that person makes and ignore that person's responses to them.
    ____________________________
    Wordaen - Click here to contact me!
    #13 Dec 09 2008 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    And where do we draw the line on "spam"
    1 idea thread a week from a single poster seems pretty close to me.
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #14 Dec 09 2008 at 5:10 PM Rating: Excellent
    Again "...we deal with it then on a case by case basis unless there is an obvious history of abusive or spamming behavior related to that account."
    ____________________________
    Wordaen - Click here to contact me!
    #15 Dec 09 2008 at 5:27 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    Ok, well then how do we take care of this case?
    Sylphia currently has 4 idea threads on the front page alone. And has been posting here for about 4, maybe 5 weeks?
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #16 Dec 09 2008 at 5:32 PM Rating: Excellent
    We do not consider that spam.
    ____________________________
    Wordaen - Click here to contact me!
    #17 Dec 09 2008 at 5:37 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    Ok, tyvm
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #18 Dec 09 2008 at 5:59 PM Rating: Decent
    Actually, my first posts on this forum were back in April 04: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=15;mid=1081375596132489284

    An interesting quote from that thread: "Twenty-odd more levels... and THEN I get to start leveling up Smn effectively, while everyone else is already level 60+ ? Oy. Wish S-E would put in 'baby avatars' you can get at level 30 or something... "

    So technically, I suppose you could argue I've been posting ideas in this forum to improve Smn since 04-08-04, heh.
    #19 Dec 10 2008 at 4:15 AM Rating: Decent
    Avatard
    *****
    11,630 posts
    Wordaen, Keeper of the Banstick wrote:
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?


    I think it could be stickied.

    But nobody reads stickies so it is pretty pointless in the end.

    I've been here since 2003 myself and haven't touched stickies. Well, a few I guess when I wanted to find some information... but almost always that information was the only thing missing heh.
    #20 Dec 10 2008 at 4:41 AM Rating: Excellent
    ****
    7,451 posts
    Wordaen, Keeper of the Banstick wrote:
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?


    That would be lovely, thank you.

    *edit* I just realized you added an "R" to my name. A-C-T-U-R-U-S. Just call me Act.

    Edited, Dec 10th 2008 8:33am by Acturus
    ____________________________
    Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
    milich wrote:
    Quote:
    Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
    actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


    Now THIS is PvP!

    MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
    #21 Dec 10 2008 at 7:38 AM Rating: Excellent
    **
    435 posts
    Acturus wrote:
    Wordaen, Keeper of the Banstick wrote:
    Would you like this stickied Arcturus?


    That would be lovely, thank you.

    *edit* I just realized you added an "R" to my name. A-C-T-U-R-U-S. Just call me Act.

    Edited, Dec 10th 2008 8:33am by Acturus


    Oh god... run Wordaen, run! You have set up us the bomb! We are on way to destruction. We don't have a chance to survive. Make your time.

    (See Acturus' sig)
    ____________________________
    SMN90 - Valefor
    MDenham wrote:
    Mistress Tailmon wrote:
    Anime does cover a very large audience and a majority of our MMORG's do have anime influences
    World of Warcraft, however, was influenced by Scooby-Doo.
    #22 Dec 10 2008 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
    ****
    7,451 posts
    I can't get mad at Wordaen. He outranks me.
    ____________________________
    Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
    milich wrote:
    Quote:
    Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
    actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


    Now THIS is PvP!

    MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
    #23 Dec 10 2008 at 10:30 AM Rating: Excellent
    ***
    3,059 posts
    Acturus wrote:
    I can't get mad at Wordaen. He outranks me.

    Fight the authority. Viva la Acturución!
    ____________________________
    "And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

    Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
    #24 Dec 10 2008 at 2:50 PM Rating: Excellent
    Avatar
    ****
    6,119 posts
    Acturus wrote:
    I can't get mad at Wordaen. He outranks me.

    not to mention the fact that he is santa
    ____________________________
    This sig better be appropriate...
    #25 Dec 10 2008 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    **
    412 posts
    great post, definitely should be stickied.
    ____________________________
    "Swords and muskets are not made to be drawn.
    That's what my parents taught me,
    and those are the words I wish to live by." -Ayame


    FFXI THE RED MAGE 垢魔道士を誘っちゃったPT
    ブロントファンタジーOP
    #26 Dec 10 2008 at 3:44 PM Rating: Decent
    Avatard
    *****
    11,630 posts
    Acturus wrote:
    I can't get mad at Wordaen. He outranks me.


    Why mad? According to your sig you simply die some on the inside.

    With some luck we can kill you with a few more Arcturus and all step up one step in ranks.
    #27 Dec 10 2008 at 5:24 PM Rating: Default
    Scholar
    ***
    3,816 posts
    Mellowy wrote:
    Acturus wrote:
    I can't get mad at Wordaen. He outranks me.


    Why mad? According to your sig you simply die some on the inside.

    With some luck we can kill you with a few more Arcturus and all step up one step in ranks.

    That's a pretty good compliment there.
    "all step up" Implies Mellowy feels that Acturus is Ranked #1.
    Congrats!
    ____________________________
    UNMUTED
    #28 Dec 10 2008 at 11:08 PM Rating: Excellent
    Oh I don't mind if ppl get mad at me. I don't always make decisions people are happy with but that's the curse of the admin sometimes.

    However, even though I am really out to kill you off, I will be happy to sticky this and I will get your damn name right eventually. Smiley: lol

    edited because I apparently forgot how to use spell check...

    Edited, Dec 10th 2008 11:08pm by Wordaen
    ____________________________
    Wordaen - Click here to contact me!
    #29 Dec 11 2008 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
    ****
    7,451 posts
    You people are killing the seriousness and good nature of this thread.

    Thank you for the sticky.
    ____________________________
    Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this.
    milich wrote:
    Quote:
    Everytime Arcturus sees this, he starts to die inside.......I know it D:
    actually, i think every time Acturus is called Arcturus he dies inside.


    Now THIS is PvP!

    MNK ~ SMN ~ SCH
    #30 Jan 20 2009 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
    1 post
    Magus Sisters would be fun, and you can divide their abilites. All the Strength or Attack buffs/status goes to one of the sisters (The big one) The magic+ to the small one, and AGI and DEX to the tall on. I am new to FFXI and this is just what I would find fun to summon.

    Also, Valefor? Prob wouldent happen since we already have a Wind summon, but it would be fun tho XD
    Reply To Thread

    Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

     

    Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CDT
    Anonymous Guests (23)