Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Tachi: Shoha stuffFollow

#1 Dec 19 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
640 posts
Seeing how this forum is absolutely dead, thought I'd liven it up and hopefully draw some mathletes.

In my 1/5 Testing so far, it is already on par with YGK and Rana in Abyssea. With VV/SB/Apoc I was keeping consistent 2k/WS (sucks I know, but so does my Sam right now :/) using Kiko and +2legs with Ace hands/feet +1 head and Askar body lol.

Out of Abyssea it seems almost the same, consistently beating the other WS's and most importantly, it chains!

No sense using Konzen-ittai with it unless you intend to have another 100% ready.

Konzen-ittai -> Shoha = Fragmentation (which + Kasha = Light)
Tachi: Shoha -> Kasha = Light
as is Kasha -> Shoha = Light

More TP meant more DMG by FAR. I hit a few 3200's with 200$ TP and the TP bonus atma.

I am VERY anxious to get this to 5/5 but man... another 90 merits @.@ ah well, the fun begins!
____________________________
In my line of work the title "Doc" isn't earned with some fancy degree.
I'm a Combat Medic, I will always come for you.
#2 Dec 19 2011 at 6:54 PM Rating: Default
**
458 posts
Very good dmg @4/5 but sometime inaccurate, missing one of the 2 hits equal large amount of dmg lost, avg 3k both hits landed up to 6.5k triple in aby, 2k+ dynamis, 1400-1800 vw nm's. Still need good str gear to improve.
#3 Dec 20 2011 at 1:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Dinishte wrote:
Seeing how this forum is absolutely dead, thought I'd liven it up and hopefully draw some mathletes.

In my 1/5 Testing so far, it is already on par with YGK and Rana in Abyssea. With VV/SB/Apoc I was keeping consistent 2k/WS (sucks I know, but so does my Sam right now :/) using Kiko and +2legs with Ace hands/feet +1 head and Askar body lol.

Out of Abyssea it seems almost the same, consistently beating the other WS's and most importantly, it chains!

No sense using Konzen-ittai with it unless you intend to have another 100% ready.

Konzen-ittai -> Shoha = Fragmentation (which + Kasha = Light)
Tachi: Shoha -> Kasha = Light
as is Kasha -> Shoha = Light

More TP meant more DMG by FAR. I hit a few 3200's with 200$ TP and the TP bonus atma.

I am VERY anxious to get this to 5/5 but man... another 90 merits @.@ ah well, the fun begins!


5/5 myself, this ws is a beast, I'm using Keitonotachi +3 (TP Bonus) and it completly destroys gekko yuki and kasha, even when i miss a hit i do a bit more dmg than i do with those, unless they double or triple damage, in wich case they come close to the avarage damage Shoha does. i'm pretty happy since i dont have fudo (Masamune on stage 1, murdering CC at the moment) but it made my SAM fun again, at least for me, and besides the damage, it looks awesome! I almost feel bad for the stuff i land on with my galka lol.
____________________________
#4 Dec 20 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
I already have the 30 coins of decay I'd need for a fake Masamune. I know even if I have the coins I should do the real one anyway, but stick with me here. I also have a TP bonus keito+3 that I almost have upgraded to 99. I'm 100 WS away from completion.

With Shoha out now, would it be at all worth my while to work on fake Masamune (still need the NM trials but have the coins) for the sake of having both Fudo and Shoha?



Edited, Dec 20th 2011 11:34am by Camiie
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#5 Dec 20 2011 at 12:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Camiie wrote:
I already have the 30 coins of decay I'd need for a fake Masamune. I know even if I have the coins I should do the real one anyway, but stick with me here. I also have a TP bonus keito+3 that I almost have upgraded to 99. I'm 100 WS away from completion.

With Shoha out now, would it be at all worth my while to work on fake Masamune (still need the NM trials but have the coins) for the sake of having both Fudo and Shoha?



Edited, Dec 20th 2011 11:34am by Camiie


if its anywhere near your posibilitities, do the real one, im duoing/trioing mine,carabosse and cirein are a joke now.
____________________________
#6 Dec 21 2011 at 6:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
Camiie wrote:
I already have the 30 coins of decay I'd need for a fake Masamune. I know even if I have the coins I should do the real one anyway, but stick with me here. I also have a TP bonus keito+3 that I almost have upgraded to 99. I'm 100 WS away from completion.

With Shoha out now, would it be at all worth my while to work on fake Masamune (still need the NM trials but have the coins) for the sake of having both Fudo and Shoha?



Edited, Dec 20th 2011 11:34am by Camiie

Several things to consider:
- In Abyssea, you got access to multi-hit atma, They are as good as RR/GH to multi-hit crit WS as to your Shoha

- Fudo aftermath is great, but remember you'll probably only doing 1.7k 1-hit Fudo with 100 TP and... ,since we're talking inside abyssea, 1.8k 2-hit Shoha. While you definitely at least score up to 2.3k~2.4k 2-hit Shoha with TP bonus GKT.
Extra attack coming from triple attack/double attack gives more damage to Shoha because of it's 100% STR mod.

- Kantonotachi has 464 delay, you can ease-up a lot of your STP gear. In the future, you could probably have more flexibility in the future gearing on Kentonotachi rather than Masamune.

So I suggest at least finish up Keitonotachi +3 to Kantonotachi trial. I did with with just 2 sessions in Abyssea Grauberg killing wivre. If you have more time in your hand, then probably work on Masamune, though, practically, what you gain from it is actually double light self skillchain. but losing about 700 damage per WS.
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#7 Dec 22 2011 at 6:46 AM Rating: Excellent
VZX wrote:
Camiie wrote:
I already have the 30 coins of decay I'd need for a fake Masamune. I know even if I have the coins I should do the real one anyway, but stick with me here. I also have a TP bonus keito+3 that I almost have upgraded to 99. I'm 100 WS away from completion.

With Shoha out now, would it be at all worth my while to work on fake Masamune (still need the NM trials but have the coins) for the sake of having both Fudo and Shoha?



Edited, Dec 20th 2011 11:34am by Camiie

Several things to consider:
- In Abyssea, you got access to multi-hit atma, They are as good as RR/GH to multi-hit crit WS as to your Shoha

- Fudo aftermath is great, but remember you'll probably only doing 1.7k 1-hit Fudo with 100 TP and... ,since we're talking inside abyssea, 1.8k 2-hit Shoha. While you definitely at least score up to 2.3k~2.4k 2-hit Shoha with TP bonus GKT.
Extra attack coming from triple attack/double attack gives more damage to Shoha because of it's 100% STR mod.

- Kantonotachi has 464 delay, you can ease-up a lot of your STP gear. In the future, you could probably have more flexibility in the future gearing on Kentonotachi rather than Masamune.

So I suggest at least finish up Keitonotachi +3 to Kantonotachi trial. I did with with just 2 sessions in Abyssea Grauberg killing wivre. If you have more time in your hand, then probably work on Masamune, though, practically, what you gain from it is actually double light self skillchain. but losing about 700 damage per WS.


i finished my Kantonotachi, all i have to say is, horry shiet.
____________________________
#8 Dec 22 2011 at 7:46 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
640 posts
Numbers? Please? :D I'm about to dust off my Keito, giving up my beautiful easily maintained 5hit with Kiko D: but if I see shinies I will be willing to! Only 55 merits from being done with Dagger and I can jump to 2-5 on Gkt!
____________________________
In my line of work the title "Doc" isn't earned with some fancy degree.
I'm a Combat Medic, I will always come for you.
#9 Dec 22 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Default
**
458 posts
5/5 now with kanto and decent gear at least 2200 in dynamis, usually 2500 range, 3300 spikes, inside aby is sick. Ukon doesnt need nerf, allready 2nd outside aby to an aggressive sam.
#10 Dec 26 2011 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Dinishte wrote:
Numbers? Please? :D I'm about to dust off my Keito, giving up my beautiful easily maintained 5hit with Kiko D: but if I see shinies I will be willing to! Only 55 merits from being done with Dagger and I can jump to 2-5 on Gkt!


finally got my 85 Masamune, and i have to say, im flabergasted as how weak it feels after using Kantonotachi. the after math is nice with razed ruins and all, but i think i need to download a parser (tried before but could not make it work)to really see if its really worth it, it "feels" im dealing less damage with Masamune than with Kantonotachi, I am dissapoint.
____________________________
#11 Dec 27 2011 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,146 posts
KaynofTitan wrote:
Dinishte wrote:
Numbers? Please? :D I'm about to dust off my Keito, giving up my beautiful easily maintained 5hit with Kiko D: but if I see shinies I will be willing to! Only 55 merits from being done with Dagger and I can jump to 2-5 on Gkt!


finally got my 85 Masamune, and i have to say, im flabergasted as how weak it feels after using Kantonotachi. the after math is nice with razed ruins and all, but i think i need to download a parser (tried before but could not make it work)to really see if its really worth it, it "feels" im dealing less damage with Masamune than with Kantonotachi, I am dissapoint.


Yeah you should be doing less than Masamune, even at 90 it will do less damage. at 90 Masamune, vs 95 tp bonus weapon you will do about 18% more damage with Shoha no including the attack bonus on Shoha, I wouldn't even bother with Masamune if you have Shoha.
#12 Dec 27 2011 at 2:32 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
640 posts
Wow, makes me wanna dust off! Nearing +2 body for Sam to go with legs/feet... just gotta work on head!(***** hands D: they hate me)

Thanks for more replies. I look forward to killing 900ish mobs lol
____________________________
In my line of work the title "Doc" isn't earned with some fancy degree.
I'm a Combat Medic, I will always come for you.
#13 Jan 02 2012 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
I shoulda got back to this sooner! Thanks for the advice everyone. Finished my kanto and the last of my SAM AF3+2 and am working on meriting shoha in between lots of other things. Holding off on any other GK trials for now.

I have a bad feeling this nice new WS won't stand as is, so I'm not going to close any proverbial doors behind me that's for sure.

Edited, Jan 2nd 2012 8:44pm by Camiie
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)