Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

WS MissesFollow

#1 Nov 10 2009 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
88 posts
Anyone else ever feel like they are missing just a bit too much with their WS's? >.>

Just spent the past hour and a half unlocking the trial weapon for Tachi: Kasha and out of the entire session of doing Blade: Ten -> Tachi: Gekko I missed 4 gekko's to his 0 missed Blade: Tens. <.<

While I know that if I parsed my WS accuracy it would have came up to around 93%, which is within error of what it should be on level 60-63 mobs and with the gear I'm wearing, but call me crazy when I feel like SAM WS's miss a little too much. >.<
____________________________


#2 Nov 10 2009 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
I missed three gekkos in a row the other night, but almost none the rest of the time. If you parse it over a long time period it works out to ~what you'd expect, it's just annoying when you get unlucky lol.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#3 Nov 11 2009 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
Quote:
I missed three gekkos in a row the other night, but almost none the rest of the time. If you parse it over a long time period it works out to ~what you'd expect, it's just annoying when you get unlucky lol.


Yeah, I'd like to know the longest string of ws's i've managed to put together. It is funny how when you do miss, you seem to miss 2 in a row. It reminded me of back in the day, when you were farming coffer keys, or something like Damp haku eyes, and you'd spend hours killing the mobs getting nothing, then all of a sudden 2 drop in consecutive mobs.

Also back in the day, I used to think there was this aura or 'luck' floating around, and that had a big part to play in these kinda things. Even that everyone had a luck rating which you weren't able to see, and i used to think mine was many times lower then other ppl's who would go 1/1 on NM's I never got drops on.
____________________________
Taking a break.
#4 Nov 11 2009 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Sand wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to know the longest string of ws's i've managed to put together. It is funny how when you do miss, you seem to miss 2 in a row. It reminded me of back in the day, when you were farming coffer keys, or something like Damp haku eyes, and you'd spend hours killing the mobs getting nothing, then all of a sudden 2 drop in consecutive mobs.
I totally thought you were going to say "back when I was farming eyes and when started casting Flare suddenly gekko would miss every time", ahhh so many memories, soo many strange fluids gushing out of players bodies.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#5 Nov 11 2009 at 2:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
516 posts
Quote:
Just spent the past hour and a half unlocking the trial weapon for Tachi: Kasha and out of the entire session of doing Blade: Ten -> Tachi: Gekko I missed 4 gekko's to his 0 missed Blade: Tens. <.<


There's reason for this. Tachi: Gekko - 1 hit, 95% accuracy. Blade: Ten - 1 hit, 95% accuracy + offhand weapon 95% acc. Blade: Ten actually being a 2 hit will have a less than 1% chance to miss if capped accuracy
#6 Nov 11 2009 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
88 posts
Oh? Blade: Ten is a "2-Hit WS" because of the Dual Wield?
____________________________


#7 Nov 11 2009 at 4:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
372 posts
only if you dual-wield :P

EDIT: and if you aren't dual-wielding something with a katana (i.e. another katana or a sword), then there's something seriously wrong...

Edited, Nov 11th 2009 2:29pm by Vestrivan
____________________________
The wise warrior will fight until he can no longer win; while the foolish warrior will never stop fighting.

MouserRDM wrote:

People think Dark Knights are the emo-boys of FFXI.

They ain't got nothin' on us Blue Mages. We kill monsters, eat their souls, and we don't even use barbecue sauce. And we're still hungry.

We're bastards.
#8 Nov 11 2009 at 7:18 PM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
29,242 posts
Quote:
Blade: Ten - 1 hit, 95% accuracy + offhand weapon 95% acc.


Offhand hit gets accuracy boost too?

By the way, I wouldn't go and say it's automatic 95% accuracy. Assuming you are correct in that both hits get an accuracy boost and therefore the WS has supposedly a <1% chance to completely miss, I've seen it completely miss far more often than that.
#9 Nov 11 2009 at 7:29 PM Rating: Decent
*
215 posts
Fyn i believe it's because they are talking about low level mobs, where you should have capped ACC (Has nothing to do with bonus) Because if you don't have capped acc on EP-EM something is seriously wrong
#10 Nov 12 2009 at 3:18 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
516 posts
Quote:
Fyn i believe it's because they are talking about low level mobs, where you should have capped ACC (Has nothing to do with bonus) Because if you don't have capped acc on EP-EM something is seriously wrong


Generally when you're cleaning weapons you're fighting EP, so I assume high acc, although I did say this afterwards.
Quote:
Blade: Ten actually being a 2 hit will have a less than 1% chance to miss if capped accuracy


I should have been more clear, but there are some safe assumptions there like a NIN dual wielding.
#11 Nov 13 2009 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
In regards to Blade: Ten, I doubt anyone knows enough about the WS to make assumptions that it has high ACC(or att) buffs. Its just not used enough, nor does anyone care about it.

The first hit of all WS's get some kind of ACC/ATT buff (except SS/SW), But offhand DW hits or H2H hits certainly do not get the buff. The ACC/ATT buffs only apply to those hits affected by ftp, which just happens to be the first hit, and its amazingly evident that the bonus varies from ws to ws (with Gekko topping the bunch with the buff it gets).
____________________________
Taking a break.
#12Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 5:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Mostly just comes from eyeballin your WS to much. I do it to, but really if you look at it, 95/100 your still missing 5 WS, which for SAMs will seem like the end of the world. Even more so when your lººking to skillchain. I get it everytime I try to yuki~gekko~kasha on cam-pain mobs with STP+74.
#13 Nov 14 2009 at 6:31 PM Rating: Default
*
198 posts
Single hit is the problem it is litterally 5 misses every 100 ws's. But with multi-hits take penta, you have like a 99.99987654321% Chance to land atleast one hit. So it happens rarely.
____________________________
75 SAM / 75 RNG / 75 Nin / 75 Cor / 75 War
I got my endgame LS! http://homingmissile.wowultra.com/
#14 Nov 15 2009 at 8:32 AM Rating: Default
**
252 posts
oh wtf i get sub defaulted for this time, I didnt even offend anyone.
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
Bluetaro wrote:
Anyone else ever feel like they are missing just a bit too much with their WS's? >.>

Just spent the past hour and a half unlocking the trial weapon for Tachi: Kasha and out of the entire session of doing Blade: Ten -> Tachi: Gekko I missed 4 gekko's to his 0 missed Blade: Tens. <.<

While I know that if I parsed my WS accuracy it would have came up to around 93%, which is within error of what it should be on level 60-63 mobs and with the gear I'm wearing, but call me crazy when I feel like SAM WS's miss a little too much. >.<
Mostly just comes from eyeballin your WS to much. I do it to, but really if you look at it, 95/100 your still missing 5 WS, which for SAMs will seem like the end of the world. Even more so when your lººking to skillchain. I get it everytime I try to yuki~gekko~kasha on cam-pain mobs with STP+74.
YukiOGekkoXKashaO. Also note that when your using Soboro, its better to just ignore it and focus more on having fun.(I've missed 11WS in a row with soboro Vs G.Colirbi once, but everyWS afterward was landing.)
Seriously, whoever is doing this is pathetic. You can rate me down for THAT! Whoever did this needs to man up and speak up, cause your being a real, B*tch *** for rating down non-offensive, COLORFULLNESS

Edited, Nov 15th 2009 9:45am by Coyoteblackzero
____________________________
Have a good time son... have a really good f*ckin time!
#15 Nov 15 2009 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Seriously, whoever is doing this is pathetic. You can rate me down for THAT! Whoever did this needs to man up and speak up, cause your being a real, B*tch *** for rating down non-offensive, COLORFULLNESS

If I had to guess, I'd imagine you were rated down because your post came four days after someone else gave pretty much the same response, and after a whole bunch of other discussion that built off the Op already having his answer. It certainly looks like you didn't bother reading the thread and just posted to hear your own voice.
#16 Nov 15 2009 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
(I've missed 11WS in a row with soboro Vs G.Colirbi once, but everyWS afterward was landing.)
orly?

.05^11 = 0.0000000000000048828125

So a 0.00000000000048828125% chance of that actually happening.

Going to say no.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#17 Nov 16 2009 at 6:39 PM Rating: Good
*
124 posts
bsphil wrote:
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
(I've missed 11WS in a row with soboro Vs G.Colirbi once, but everyWS afterward was landing.)
orly?

.05^11 = 0.0000000000000048828125

So a 0.00000000000048828125% chance of that actually happening.

Going to say no.

When you think this is about the same chance as winning the lottery twice over, I'm gonna also call BS on this one. Maybe that's one of the reasons for your rate downs?
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#18 Nov 17 2009 at 5:12 AM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
I'll 3rd that. 11ws misses in a row on colibri - I don't think so, unless you went there when you were level 35.

I also have no problem admitting that i've rated you down - your attitude your colour and your posts simply suck. The way you have to make yourself feel better by talking about 'my life is great, I get layed, look how good my r/l is!' or w/e is just pathetic, and the fact that you feel the need to talk about it on alla's job forums at times probably means youhave some kind of complex. To top it off you say you've missed 11ws's in a row on colibri which means i'll never believe anything you say in the future.

CBO, at least you can be happy knowing your the most colourful troll alla's ever had.
____________________________
Taking a break.
#19 Nov 18 2009 at 12:24 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I think he's trying to be the new Seraphus and just make up random numbers and call it data.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#20Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yeaaaaa. I thought it was you. Dont quote things ive never said or tossed at you. Chances for missing 11 ws, w/e, RDMs couldnt solo HNMs either until ppl seen it happen. Its also good to know you can catch my attitude by simply reading my post. Bite me son xD.... did you catch that one?
#21 Nov 18 2009 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
****
7,106 posts
Quote:
Chances for missing 11 ws, w/e

And, this is why you are useless for a thread that discusses the mathematical odds of missing a WS.

Actually, I think you honestly believe that you've missed 11 weaponskills in a row. But, that just puts you in the same boat as the Op, except that at least the Op seems to understand that he's not actually missing as much as he thinks he is.
#22 Nov 18 2009 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,620 posts
colourfulTroll wrote:
Yeaaaaa. I thought it was you.


It takes a few ppl to rate you down to sub-default. Like today, I look at the thread, and your responce is already no-rated, i'll just add an extra red arrow just for you my friend.

Quote:
Its also good to know you can catch my attitude by simply reading my post. Bite me son xD.... did you catch that one?


Why, Thank you, I caught it with my hands tied firmly behind my back.

____________________________
Taking a break.
#23Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 19 2009 at 4:54 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Whats useless is actually trying to type to ppl like you who are so caught up on what math is teaching them instead of whats actually happening in the game. Whats the probability of me missing 11WS in a row, really low I bet, can it still happen? Yes, did it happen? Yes. It may be really odd to see, but so is a DRG/SCH soloing G.Colibri for chain#5 just as fast as a PT of 75s. (I dare someone to say i'm lying about this! >:D)
#24 Nov 19 2009 at 5:59 AM Rating: Good
*
124 posts
Quote:
Whats useless is actually trying to type to ppl like you who are so caught up on what math is teaching them instead of whats actually happening in the game.

No, what's useless is ignoring cold, hard facts that are indisputable.
Quote:
Whats the probability of me missing 11WS in a row, really low I bet

Yes. Really, really low. It's been pointed out just how low. Hint - it's low.
Quote:
But implying in anyway that I'm a lier

It's hard to tell if you're a liar or just a moron. I think it's probably a little from column A and a little from column B. I'm guessing you have problems understanding basic probability. Let me try to put this so you will understand. There is a much, much, MUCH greater chance of you dying today than there was of you missing 11 WSs in a row (assuming your acc was capped, and if it wasn't, wtf wasn't it?).

This is why no one believes you. Not because they're out to get you, or because they don't like you as a person. Simply because it didn't happen. Give it up.
Quote:
Now click your F*cking red arrows and have a good day.

Thank you, I will.
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#25 Nov 19 2009 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
CB0 wrote:
It may be really odd to see, but so is a DRG/SCH soloing G.Colibri for chain#5 just as fast as a PT of 75s. (I dare someone to say i'm lying about this! >:D)
A party of 6x lv75 DRG/SCH would obviously kill faster than a solo DRG/SCH, so I'm going to call you a liar, but Amasido's right, it's a "You're to retarded to know what the truth is" kind of liar.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#26 Nov 23 2009 at 7:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,416 posts
Accuracy hasnt been that bad for me myself.

However, and i mean HOWEVER!

I strongly believe Windslicer (nyzul) has a distinct NEGATIVE WS accuracy on it. I have never missed as many weaponskills as i have unlocking Windslicer. I would love for someone to check this.

And with accuracy problems on it i mean, going from 95% accuracy Gekko's to probably missing half of them. Something is really interfering with it there.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#27 Nov 23 2009 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
I didn't have any issues unlocking mine
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#28 Nov 24 2009 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Neither did I. I did feel like I wasted a lot of time unlocking a ****** WS though.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#29 Nov 27 2009 at 6:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
bsphil wrote:
Neither did I. I did feel like I wasted a lot of time unlocking a sh*tty WS though.


Same. Although me, and anyone else who unlocked Vidohunir, really has no say in the matter.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not **** me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#30 Nov 27 2009 at 11:29 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Solrain wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Neither did I. I did feel like I wasted a lot of time unlocking a sh*tty WS though.
Same. Although me, and anyone else who unlocked Vidohunir, really has no say in the matter.
I spent two nights getting WS points for Vidohunir before realizing I hadn't yet turned in the weapon to the BLU npc in jeuno. STILL don't have the WS yet lol.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)