Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Rose StrapFollow

#102 Oct 16 2009 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
CB0 wrote:
that was before I became a firefighter.
ahhh- smoke inhalation, that explains a lot.

as does:
Quote:
ILL-Town NJ, whats good my dude!



CB0 wrote:
conversations i'm having with ppl who I now believe, don't even play FFXI. Least not on SAM.
oh I ment to comment earlier, I restarted 2 months ago to join a merc LS, and play almost exclusively SAM.

Edited, Oct 16th 2009 1:55pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#103Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 1:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) yea, now if you even have a lady friend (which i doubt, ladies like dicks, not azzholes), ask her who is sexier, a tall althletic firefighter, or a guy who is probaly 300lb+ and talks about a game he doesnt play. If you really were Exclusive as you say, you'd realize all the BS your talking about is just that, the game doesnt play as you or the other assclowns who are in your buttbuddie click are claiming. Stop lying to ppl.
#104 Oct 18 2009 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Pulling the "lady friend" card? Clever. Did I say clever? I meant moronic.
____________________________
Wise/Funny quotes go here
#105 Oct 18 2009 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
I'm obviously a 6' 200lb mixed martial artist w/ hundreds of lady friends and a PhD in Kinesiology, while you're a 5'2" 90lb middle schooler who's been smoking way too much pot and developed mild mental retardation.




(really, do you expect me to be offended by this childish bullsh*t? You're not even close. Just keep making an ass of yourself for my entertainment~ /popcorn)
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#106Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:57 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Obviously... But anyway, I'm only making an ass of myself to who you and a few other ppl on this forum? I really give a flying shyt.. you ppl really make it hard to sleep at night ^^, and yes i pulled the "lady friend" card, if that makes me a moron, that just makes you a loser. Night, im off to play the game i come to the forums for, not that you know anything about it.
#107 Oct 19 2009 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
599 posts
I went back a bit to try to remember what was being discussed and this caught my attention:
Quote:
We generally, (AND ALWAYS HAVE DONE) used exp mobs, mainly merit types, for comparison. Other stuff falls under 'sh*t is situational'.

If this is true, isn't the comparation somewhat useless?
- With the YGK bonuses + party bonuses, you'll have capped attack on WSs on merit level mobs, correct? I really don't know about you guys, but honestly I've never given a flying for merit mobs... /DRG, /WAR, whichever is considered better should probably result in a very tiny increase on DPS, and by consequence, an even smaller increase on the exp/h (smaller because whether you want it or not, overkills must be taken in consideration.

- It's preciselly the "situational sh*t" that should be discussed. Suggesting that someone should make a forum with all the possible situations to discuss what sub or gear would perform better is somewhat absurd, of course. But even going slow (one by one on HNMs) would be more productive then these discussion.

- It really seems that these "what's better on weak @$$ mobs" discussions always revolve on whether your party is formed by sh177y players or not. Very counter-productive imo.

Quote:
Yes, no1 will doubt you that SAM/WAR is better for a ZERG when all your doing is: Sekka WS > WS > Meikyo Shisui > WS > Meditate > WS > WS > WS.

For that matter alone, wouldn't /DRG or /RNG be better? Lets assume an unholy amount of buffs for this.




CB0, I was really cheering for you on your 1st post because, like you, I usually cared a lot more for the practical results of the choices we make, which will involve different buffs and party setups, player skills and shizz, than the theoretical results. Edit: The problem that needs to be considered with the papperwork is that it always assume perfect conditions. It's the old "it only works in the the vacuum with spherical objects". Nothing (and by that I mean nothing) is precisely as found in the theory.
In physics, my classmates used to say "In practice, the theory is different" (dunno if I translated that correctly). Of course this isn't true, but it really seems that way sometimes.

These last few posts however show a somewhat childish behavior, not to mention that the "I bet you never play(ed) FFXI" is getting kinda old and boring. Whether you care or not is not important, but you lost my previous sympathy as I'm sure you lost it from other readers also.

Edited, Oct 20th 2009 6:20am by sbrubles
#108 Oct 28 2009 at 4:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
599 posts
Erhmm I don't play anymore but the curiosity was valid (at least I consider it to be), it wasn't a rhetorical question even because I don't know the answer myself. What I mean is, my previous doubt was genuine, and if someone can answer, I'm sure it'll help some people just as much as solve my curiosity:

The question was about zerging, situation in which previous posters considered /WAR to be better.

My question was (if you don't wanna look the previous post), considering the unholy amount of buffs we'd be receiving, /DRG or /RNG be much better then /WAR?
Hell even /NIN, depending on the nature of the HNM's TP moves (KV comes to mind).

The few situations in which I did find /WAR better then /DRG were:
1- lack of BRDs
2- über high defense mobs while in a extended fight (non-zerged Kirin, JoL, AV...)

While on zerg fights you'll mainly be performing WSs, thus not basing your total DMG on normal attacks, Berserk doesn't seem very useful, and /WAR offers no decent tool to quickly raise TP for an extra WS. /RNG offers Barrage (which will most likely fail, given you won't have prelude, I hope, neither will you have practical time to perform a decent gear swap) and /DRG its jumps and higher attack speed, in case the mob doesn't die by the time you finish your WSs.
#109Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 3:03 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It does work against everything you learn in this forum, SAM anyway at least, but instead of actually going by theory and the way things are slung around here, and actually going by experience trail/error testing, you come to find out that /WAR is more effective. (Speaking for zergs)
#110 Oct 29 2009 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
meh, I'm bored:
CB0 wrote:
actually going by experience trail/error testing, you come to find out that /WAR is more effective. (Speaking for zergs)
I outdid the closest SAM/WAR (out of ~10 SAM/WAR) by ~30% dmg as a SAM/DRG the last einherjar boss zerg I did.
CB0 wrote:
EX. I used to be MNK/WAR with BB and Faith Bagpunchers on KV, which is an awesome example of HNM btw ^^. Then LS leader pointed out I should bring SAM/WAR instead, which blew my mind because in my head i was thinkin "Hunfist+BB+Faith=BestWTF-HASTEPWNSEVERYTHING!" And that would have been the case if the actual damage from HF was done in less than 10 seconds, like how a SAM~RNG does 2rh. But to actually see HF shine you have to wait 30 seconds, which for a HNM like KV and almost any "zerg," isnt kickin, and is actually risky.
Anything thats dying in "10 seconds" is either not worth zerging, or isn't dying because of SAMs or MNKs. Quit exaggerating.
CB0 wrote:
SAM/WAR is same form of DoT, just slightly slower (5%), but with heavier hits.
lol, haste and DoT doesn't work that way. Look at # of attempted (ignoring acc) hits in 30 sec:

75% haste 17% DA= 1.17*(30/(7.5*(1-.75)) = 18.72 hits
80% haste 7% DA= 1.07*(30/(7.5*(1-.80)) +2 (jump)= 23.4 hits

~25% more hits in that 30s window

start w/ sekka WS (2) + 2hr(3WS) + medi(1.5WS) = 6.5 WS from JA, w/ 6hit:
/WAR: 6.5+(18.72/5)= 10.244 WS
/DRG: 6.5+(23.4/5)= 11.18 WS

~9.1% more WS

7%->17% DA increases avg WS dmg <5.0% (5.0% assumes capped pDIF/acc on DA'd hits, which is unlikely to be true). If your backline is competent and you're eating properly berserk does nothing for WS.

So in 30s, /DRG does more WS dmg, and /WAR does slightly more (depends on how much buffage you have) melee dmg. /DRG will be more consistent (doesn't have to rely on DA), /DRG will do better for high HP stuff (longer fight), /WAR will be better if all you do is do the initial burst of WS and then are finished. There is also large variance based on buffs/non-retarded backline/hate/AOE/etcetc. In the end its not really going to matter too much which one you choose for most stuff, and you should decide based largely on the mob and what you players have available in the rest of the group.

EDIT: forgot jumps, silly me

Edited, Oct 29th 2009 11:29pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#111Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 4:06 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I semi can aggre with this, because im a test it to truth it kinda guy, and your Teamwork is the result of everything. Beeeert..Ultimately, if your HNMLS "Lets" you /DRG for a zerg, it is because it is a LONG+WEAK DEF zerg (30+seconds) in which your other DD (KCDRKs,WARs..ect), can't take down a mob. I'd also love to see pics of you /DRG on KV in particular, because unlike some other zergs this HNM WILL WIPE your PT if you don't kill it in a small amount of time. I've never seen a 30s KV. Just curious what it smells like in a parse.
#112 Oct 30 2009 at 4:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
599 posts
Quote:
I semi can aggre with this, but ultimately, if your HNMLS "Lets" you /DRG for a zerg, it is because it is a LONG+WEAK DEF zerg (30+seconds) in which your other DD (KCDRKs), can't take down a mob.

But that was the focus of my question before. Between AlgolAngon, Dia III and all the attack buffs aside for Berserk, there are very few "zergable" HNMs that can be considered High Defense. I think Kirin's the only one left on that category, since the SE resistance patch on AV.

Quote:
I'd also love to see pics of you /DRG on KV in particular, because unlike some other zergs this HNM WILL WIPE your PT if you don't kill it in a small amount of time. I've never seen a 30s KV.

During the 2 weeks in which my LS monopolized KV, we killed him with an entire staff of /NINs

Quote:
Quote:
shintasama wrote:
I outdid the closest SAM/WAR (out of ~10 SAM/WAR) by ~30% dmg as a SAM/DRG the last einherjar boss zerg I did.


Show parse please.

Well but parsing in that case isn't much of an evidence, is it? ;)

Edited, Oct 30th 2009 9:03am by sbrubles
#113Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 4:48 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I take it you mean Angon. Looking for Parses because Im not so for discussing it over forum as i am about seeing actual results. Lets say im training to become a judge, and i need EVIDENCE! lol I would love to see your /NIN parse to, not to judge you, but learnin a new stratigie/things are whats keeping the fun in FFXI.
#114 Oct 30 2009 at 7:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
599 posts
Yes, I meant Angon ^^
I'll fix the post, thanx for pointing it.

I say that his parsing won't be evidence because we cannot know if the other SAM had similar gear quality and skills, (edit) thus we cannot know if the DMG difference was in fact because of the sub.

About my /NIN experience on KV, however, I cannot provide you any parse I'm afraid, because I already quit the game about an year past and don't have any log stored ><.

The strategy was very simple tho, we saw 2 options to win the fight:

1- Go with DD subs and burst him down quickly before he has the chance to start spamming his AoEs. Differently then a non-zerg fight, when you do this method you usually can't recover from a wipe, so as you said, either you kill it fast, or it's a wipe. The biggest villain doing this strategy is that AoE Stun (and I don't remember if his AoEs proc petrification), which is not a trouble when fighting as /NIN

2- All DDs use /NIN to eat his 1st AoE. We usually don't kill on the 1st wave of WSs, thus requiring to rebuild TP for a smaller and finishing wave. This method adds safety while sacrificing the speed, so instead of a 20-30 sec fight, it takes maybe 30-45 sec. The down side of this method is that you need to be sure you can deal with his regen before the 2nd wave.

I think, for KV particularly, the 2nd option is slightly easier for average level LSs or strong LS with less then a full alliance, while the 1st is more suited for stronger groups or groups with spare DDs on hold (more then a full alliance)

Edited, Oct 30th 2009 9:19am by sbrubles
#115 Oct 30 2009 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
yeah, I don't have access to it @work to post, but I'm confused what you're expecting to "learn"? Between knock back, ridiculous conal slow, overwhelm positioning (ex- I was purposefully standing to the side when I could to avoid slow), luck based procs (DA, acc, etc), merits, skill, gear, food, death/near death, mage competence, COR roll values, paralyze, and plague you're going to see numbers all over the place. I didn't post the result because I thought it was in any way valid or reliable "evidence", I posted it because you're too dumb to realize what a horrible metric for judging dmg output competitive parsing actually is.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#116Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 6:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) mmm someone needs some attention, no reason to insult me. But either way, if your PT is zerging a HNM/Einjar/W/E, it wouldn't be such a zerg if all your DD werent getting the same buffs no? I don't care for the randomness in your parse, because that is part of the parse. Everything that happens in the event is part of the parse. Once you come to overstand that you'll come to understand why theory only goes but so far.
#117 Nov 01 2009 at 6:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
parse*

*noticed after, both DRGs and the three lowest SAM are /NIN, despite everyone being told to bring melee subs, don't feel like fixing it, it's already been a waste of my time.
CB0 wrote:
no reason to insult me.
Sure there is, aside from it being ridiculously easy, it's pretty fun.
CB0 wrote:
it wouldn't be such a zerg if all your DD werent getting the same buffs no?
COR rolls vary, Orobon slow overwrites haste, some mages are more preoccupied with healing than getting rid of debuffs, etcetc. Even if everyone starts out equal it degrades pretty fast.
CB0 wrote:
I don't care for the randomness in your parse, because that is part of the parse. Everything that happens in the event is part of the parse. Once you come to overstand that you'll come to understand why theory only goes but so far.
Theorycrafting only predicts the outcome the situation, assumptions and constraints you're modeling (generally we do the "ideal", but you can model non-ideal situations just as well). Single comparison parses like this, on the other hand, predict absolutely nothing because you don't have clear indicators of why certain things turned out the way they did (for example, I got 14WS off, while some other SAMs only got 6, did they die? did they have to pull back? did they get knocked back repeatively? did they not get a good wild card? were they slowed? were they just slacking? did they loose tp? *did they waste time casting ustu, etcetc). Then, after you look at all the massive available variance (acc/da/crits/etc too!), you're only taking a small sample size in a parse like this (not that I expect you to understand why this matters statistically). If you took hundreds of very controlled parses of the same fight you -might- be able to draw -some- conclusions from it, but that's close to how we get the equations for theorycrating in the first place, so it would really just be a massive waste of time.

Edited, Nov 1st 2009 8:24pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#118 Nov 03 2009 at 4:24 AM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
yeah gogogo MNK/WAR!

*cough* Looks like me in that parse *cough*




When it comes to firing off WS's in quick succession with sekka/ws, 2hours etc, it probably takes me around 3secs per WS as a guess - does anyone know exactly how long each Gekko takes when your pressing the macro and stringing your sh*t together?

This might sound silly, but I havn't used SAM for much end-game as i've only had it for no more than 6months @75, and stopped all end-game other than sky which I stopped ~4-5months ago. But...

Can you make a special 2hour macro or script for SAM to string ws's together using /wait's to reduce the lag/animation/ w/e it is thats stopping me from firing a ws off each 1-2sec's? If you blink so you don't see the ws animation does that increase the speed you can fire them off? I'd just like to fine-tune

Edited, Nov 3rd 2009 5:31am by Sandmasterr
____________________________
Taking a break.
#119 Nov 03 2009 at 5:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Quote:
/gear
/WS #1
/wait _
/WS #2

requires 4 seconds in between to function

____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#120 Nov 03 2009 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
So the minimum each ws takes in succession is 4secs? which means to do ~7ws's inc 2JA's your looking at an absolute minimum of 30secs, prob more like 35+?



No wonder Good Faith MNK's pwn in zergs, its practically all auto-attack with your ws gear already equipped (might change with haste samba addition slightly not needing 2hour) because theres no JA's, no gear swaps, and the ws times don't interfere with 100 Fist.

I'm not saying MNK > SAM or anything like that, because my SAM performs at a level where I can out parse just about anything merit wise where my MNK sometimes struggles, but its nice to see in a parse the dmg that MNK did in the zerg. He wasn't far off what a good Kris DRK would do (if the fight lasted 30secs, he did 15K DMG).

You sure he wasn't /DRK with 2 personal healers....?
____________________________
Taking a break.
#121 Nov 03 2009 at 9:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
yup, MNKs rape face when they're given proper overbuffage, H2H dmg is pretty broken by itself, SAM is probably going to do better vs top level stuff though.
Quote:
(if the fight lasted 30secs, he did 15K DMG).
You sure he wasn't /DRK with 2 personal healers....?
Fight was significantly longer than 30s, that HNM has almost twice as much hp as Kirin w/o the regen, and we didn't have any DRK in alliance (which is strange, b/c we actually have a lot of DRK, myself included, but you need to be able to burn the rest of the mobs too, lol).
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#122Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 9:39 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Problem is, Parses are what happend in a fight, your looking for shyt to favor your thoe's, and thats not what a REAL parse is. I put in forum before EVERYTHING IN THE PARSE is what happend in the game. IF you don't count the variables in the parse, your looking for something besides the "realisticness" of the parse. Understand Theo's/ realisticness? Cause they aren't the same thing. Your smart, heres a cookie Billy.
#123 Nov 03 2009 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Quote:
three lowest SAM are /NIN,
learn to read
Quote:
it calculates the roll bonus to each player,
in one party, guess how many parties (and thus how many different # rolls) there were?
Quote:
maybe your parser is crap and doesnt calculate misses/hits/crits/ or %s.
It does (using kparser), but going through and editing names for everyone for every stat it tracks is a waste of my time. I've already given you a multitude of reasons why looking at said parse basically tells you nothing, I'm not going to spend all afternoon at home doing copypasta for no reason (and I knew you were just going to nitpick till you found something to whine about).
Quote:
either your the only smart one in your LS/group, or an outcast that no one listens to.
nope and nope, it's (for the most part) an extremely competent shell full of longtime players, it's also full of loner mercs (literally, the shell was created to make lots of $ by selling killpower), so as long as they aren't royally @#%^ing up we don't feel the need to micromanage our members.
Quote:
if your parses are like that, and your the only /DRG there is a problem.
I'm the only /DRG, because I'm the only one that choose to /DRG when the leader said "DD subs". I don't go lecturing/micromanaging people on sh*t in game unless they ask for advice (because generally it just pisses them off and they don't listen anyways). If I see people outperform me I will try to figure out why and integrate the change into my build though, because I'm big on personal maximization.
Quote:
Or maybe your just the best equiped SAM in your LS/group,
I'm not, missing Ace's/usu feet/Jtorque(probably some other stuff depending on situation), and I gave my KO back to my last LS when I left them.


Good job acting exactly as I expected though, you may be retarded, but at least you're consistent.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#124Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 11:34 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Reading, hmm, maybe you should look it up.
#125 Nov 03 2009 at 12:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Quote:
Yea, you shouldnt have had to edit* anything,
I don't care if people see how I did, but I'm sure my LS members don't want me broadcasting everything they do. It's common courtesy to black out names, which you would know if you had any. I can totally see how not knowing the players names makes the numbers completely biased though, yuuuuuup.
Quote:
Quote:
learn to readthink the same way i'm thinkin.

Reading, hmm, maybe you should look it up.
You can do better than that. Come on, you're not even trying today.
Quote:
your an outcast that no one listens to,
It is very hard to listen to a lack of preaching, yup



before we continue though: read this, paying particularly close attention to: this section.

It's too easy to tell when you're frustrated because your posts become colorful, but nearly illegible, and your arguments cease to be even close to rational (or relevant for that matter). Personal insults and "NO U" retorts are only entertaining in moderation.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2009 1:21pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#126 Nov 03 2009 at 1:09 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,607 posts
CBO instead of going all pissy over a parse someone already didn't feel like showing to you, why don't u just stick to annalysing your own parse data for bettering your own playstyle because thats all they are really good for (and merit competition / satisfaction).

Who gives a sh*t if /WAR > /DRG for a zerg, its not as simple (if you can comprehend this) of saying a > b, its about bringing the DD sj you think will best get the job done on said day.

Shinta didn't have to tell you 3 of his DD's didn't listen to the leaders and can /NIN when asked not too, but he did. I also don't think Shinta wants a person like you analysing every last detail using the DD's names in his LS.


All these KV zergs you have done - why don't you show us a couple of parses of you kicking some ass?

Also, wtf is an 'Azzwhole'? I'm guessing your a 16-18year old guy who's finding adulthood to be more difficult than once expected, with ppl in the real world not taking your sh*t, so you thought you'd bring it to internet chat forum's instead? Amirite?
____________________________
Taking a break.
#127Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 8:23 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I got bored, you guys really think I cared about the names... so that means you completely missed everything i said, AGAIN, like I said:
#128 Nov 04 2009 at 1:13 AM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
Sandmasterr wrote:
I like shintasmo so ima say a bunch of stuff that I think ppl care about.

I got bored, you guys really think I cared about the names... so that means you completely missed everything i said, AGAIN, like I said:
Reading, get into it.
This is like the 5th time you guys team up in a set of fagdom to talk abot things that arent even worth going over, have fun with each other. Ima go and make up the 40 seconds of my life writing this post with something productive, enjoy your butter packin session. :D

Don't hate on colour son, makes you look racist.
Lol and sand, if you even tryed putting asswhole, you'd see what i mean. You really need to find another c*ck to nibble on, shintasmo's isnt it.
RATE MEH DOWN! GOODNIGHT!


I wonder how close you are to unrated
____________________________
Wise/Funny quotes go here
#129 Nov 04 2009 at 3:28 AM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
Quote:
Don't hate on colour son, makes you look racist.

Lol and sand, if you even tryed putting asswhole, you'd see what i mean. You really need to find another c*ck to nibble on, shintasmo's isnt it.


Don't hate on c*ck nibbling son, it makes you look like a homophobe



But seriously, you talk so much sh*t, your incredibly rude to people and everyone would be happy to never hear from you again.

The sad part is, if you could spell, not be a complete ass, and take criticism for the dumb stuff you come out with, you would never have been so unpopular.

On a troll feeding note: You came across like this parse was going to educate you in some way, like parses tell you alot. Theres only a handful of things a parser can do for you:

1) Your ACC. Knowing that 2ACC=1ACC% over 75% ACC means we can find out what food is best, and what upgrades/gear changes we need to hit in the ACC range you want to be hitting in.

2) Create a fun competition, that in merits, can help make all the DD more aggresive if they know a parse is running to perform the best they can. You can gain epeen from topping parses etc and ppl look forward to seeing results at the end. I personally use either chain #50 or #100 as time for a break, and parser reset.

3) You can find out things like crit%, what %portion of your dmg is melee, what portion is from WS, how much a job can potentially do in a zerg etc

4) If you pty with the same ppl for a while, you can use the overall DMG %'s to get an idea of how good you are in comparison to your opponents job/gear/merits, try out different sj's or what ever to see if they help you perform better, but slight gear changes like Flame ring over Ruby ring you'll see no difference from on a parse because of all the many many variables.


Finally,

CuremyBO wrote:

In Theory, my SAM/DRG is the best, but in actual gameplay situations, I slip up because i'm usualy watching TV at the same time. So is the theory really worth shyt if I'm not using it to its full potential anyway?


So is the parser really worth shit if your only giving your party half your attention?




____________________________
Taking a break.
#130 Nov 04 2009 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
599 posts
Incoming wall of text:

Quote:
I can totally see how not knowing the players names makes the numbers completely biased though, yuuuuuup.

I'm curious to know if you genuinely thinks that this was one of CBO's issue or if that quote was another maneuver to look better over an argument. It was pretty clear to me that CBO was questioning the integrity of the parser's data since you deliberately and admittedly edited it. Whether you had a good reason or not is not important at all for the subject of this discussion, and whether CBO (or anyone else, for that matter) is willing to understand that good reason or not is even less important.

CBO dear..............
Please listen:

Aside from very few exception cases, you'll most likely never find a fight in any group against any mob Edit:HNM (to be more specific) in which you could use the data from a parse to study the performance of all people involved. I find that sad, because it is precisely on the situational fights that the data actually matters. If it sounds wrong, remember that SAM has most of its offensive power wasted when fighting merit mobs, and yet these are the highest mobs we use to study (along with lv.0 mobs).

If you try to parse an HNM fight, more specifically a non-zerged one, you'll have to face issues such as:
- Did all my DDs have full buffs all time
- Which of our SAMs and RNGs were willing to break that Magma Hoplon and thus not having his DMG computed?
- Did our healers and supporters have time and remembered to wake up everyone in the party?
- How did that Paralize proc on each of the DDs?
- Did the DDs feel the need to stay focused on 100% of the fight?
- Did they use all abilities on CD?
- Did any have to pull back to recover from a nasty hit?

Then, if you try the same on a zerged fight, you still have issues to consider:
- Did that draw-in screwed my WS/JA zerg rotation?
- Did any of the DDs get hit by that cone stun move?
- How many of the DDs and which had that AoE absorbed by Utsusemi and thus didn't get a (stat down), (knockback), (snare effect)...
- Did they all have the chance to use all CDs?
- Were they all alive at the end?


I'm not sure of how many more very important questions I could list here before getting too boring, but the fact is that the fights where a comparative parse would matter are precisely the ones they can't help us with.

I too, like you, understand the limitations of theorycrafting. As you push your variables to extreme levels, your math becomes approximations of the reality. When you factor in risks (read list above) and human performance, you can pretty much toss all that theory in the garbage and accept what you see. The problem is really that neither the theory nor the parse will give you precise information regarding HNMs.

Edit #2: if you're really determined to parse an HNM fight to verify the consistence of each job combo's total dmg while being able to analyze it, I'll strongly suggest melee burning JoL. That's a fight that barely ever has a negative effect on the melees and where all the melees will affected the same way by his self-buffs. By personal experience, I'd say you have around 60%, maybe more, chance of success on a perfect fight, with some risk of turning aggro over the DDs.

If that doesn't happen, you have perfect data from a somewhat long fight to study on a high "variables" HNM.


Edited, Nov 4th 2009 7:49am by sbrubles

Edited, Nov 4th 2009 7:56am by sbrubles

Edited, Nov 4th 2009 1:27pm by sbrubles
#131Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 2:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) mmmm im incredibly rude to ppl, your a joke, in none of my post is any rudeness unless im responding to something rude (fact). and on my popularity, LOL maybe if this forum was the whole world as it seems for you, i'd care. My "popularity" i'm guessing is soppose to be my score for post. Which i rarely post, AND, as i now know am constantly rated down just for amusement. So screw your popularity, I live in the real world.
#132Coyoteblackzero, Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 2:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I feel what your saying sbrubles, about the parses and whatnot. I comprehend completely.
#133 Nov 04 2009 at 5:58 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Where's Kachi? At least he pretended to be smart.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#134 Nov 04 2009 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
i haven't seen a thread like this since ninjakitten and geole used to post on alla. harsh.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#135 Nov 05 2009 at 3:39 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,607 posts
Quote:
So screw your popularity, I live in the real world.


Why you still here then?

Your gonna get precisely no where on the SAM forum, so why not either post in a different job forum, or move to KI if you feel the need to talk about ffxi and your omg parses > math show me them posts.

I've had disagreements with many of the DD forum regulars, but when i'm wrong I freely admit it, and that means i've just learned something in the process. Its closed minded ppl like yourself who live by their own rules / in-game experiances that continue to be sh*t @ ffxi.
____________________________
Taking a break.
#136 Nov 05 2009 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Sandmaster wrote:
Your gonna get precisely no where on the SAM forum, so why not either post in a different job forum, or move to KI if you feel the need to talk about ffxi and your omg parses > math show me them posts.
You know, when alla was down the other day I happened to wander into a KI argument on zanshin and thought that CB0 would feel at home there too.

"hey gaiz, whats da proc on zonshine?!?"
"WHatz Zonshine?"
"Zanshin lets you go over ACC CAP"
"u can't go over 95% acc!"
"yes you can!!!1!!"
"How cum Ive nevr scne it in parse!"
"iv parsd over 95% befour!"
"thats cus of sample zise!"
"NO U!!1!"

etcetc
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#137 Nov 27 2009 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
968 posts
So.... back to topic of OP, Pole or Rose strap ?
____________________________
Drk, Pup, Bst, Nin, War, Drg, Sam, Mnk, Dnc, Smn, Rng, Thf, Blu, Cor, Run 99
Delve V.1 9/9 KI : Oatixur, Buramenk'ah
Delve V.2 3/9 KI: Bolelabunga

Armageddon (85), 16/75 Hearts
Almace (85), 2/75 Horns
Ukonvasara (85), 2/75 Claws
Kannagi (85), 0/75 Horns

Annihilator Stage 1! 0/400
Apocalypse Stage 2! 0/1600 Ordelles
Ragnarok Stage 1! 0/400 Ordelles

Tachi: Fudo, Rudra's Storm, Jishnu's Radiance unlocked!
#138 Nov 27 2009 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
599 posts
Given your current gear or nearby upgrades, do you need the extra sTP for 5/6hit?

I believe there are quite a few sTP options these days, so to answer to your question it'd be better if you listed your current sTP set and possible upgrades.
#139 Nov 28 2009 at 4:44 AM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
Quote:
So.... back to topic of OP, Pole or Rose strap ?


If using Rose Strap allows you to add an extra 3% haste in the hand or foot slot, then the answer is Rose Strap.
____________________________
Taking a break.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 28 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (28)