So i have been leveling SAM. 71 now.
1) YGK have exactly the same mods. They are supposed to perform exactly equal. Yet i seem to have been having a bit better returns from Gekko than Yuki. It is pretty small, but my averages usually favor Gekko over Yukki byt ~30 damage. I wouldnt think about this, but since i have been consistently having this sort of results, it leads to the question: Does Gekko have a different bonus than Yuki somehow? And how about Kasha?
Btw, 30 damage on WS averages of ~500. It is fairly small, yet the fact that its always there and always favors Gekko givesme the doubt.
2) That out of the mind, i have been doign what i learned to TP: Acc + Atk ( and from next level on, haste ) and just pilling in STR for YGK. People say attack isnt really important for the big 3, so i have been completely ignoring it.
But i have better WS results when berserk is on than when it is off. Like, WSes go from ~400 withouth zerk to ~550 with it. How big are attack bonuses on the big 3? I was thinking i would have capped atk, but if zerk is upping my damage then it doesnt looks like it.
3) Any horrid changes on my gear that should be easy to make? Note that i am not going to look for a 6-hit build before i hit 75 and have some merits. Lack of Rajas still really hurts too.
Tp gear http://ffxigear.com/?ref=10303
- Yes, i know about the +2 STR rings on WS set. Havent found +3s forever, and since in one more level ill get to use +4s, ill just keep the +2s.
(1) some guy (yarko?) showed on BG that various 1hit WSs with pDIF bonuses don't get exactly the same % bonuses. i believe in order of strength it goes gekko, kasha, yuki. what this means to the advice we've been giving for years is: still use the one whose debuff will be most useful if you're concerned about that, but otherwise gekko-all-the-time (and if you're deciding which WS to get a sea gorget for, get snow for gekko (and yuki) first). i'd link you to the tests or exact %s, but a) i don't have the link offhand, and b) i'm not sure i believe the exact %s anyway, but i didn't follow the thread to the end.
(2) ehhhh, the thing is, even if ATT is still doing something, STR usually does more. this might vary for individual slots and against specific mobs. in the absence of that information i'm not really sure what to say, but think about what slots you'd change if you didn't observe the "STR in every slot" rule, and try parsing it, see if it seems to make a big difference. if it does, maybe ask about those particular changes and get opinions about whether it was a sample size fluke or not.
horomusha kote; ;. it really doesn't make a difference now, but for the life of me i'll never see why people buy those pieces of ****. dusk soon, buy asap before prices go back up after mog bonanza (behemoth hides commonly picked reward, dusk glove prices plummet as people try to HQ and get rich). everything else pretty much fine for TP.
i wouldn't change WS either, though depending on your ATT and the exact bonus you get from gekko, keeping amemet+1 on for now could be good (shrug). other than that, i don't think the question in (2) matters to you, because STR does more than the ATT on your normal gear anyway.