Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

5 hit setupFollow

#1 Jun 25 2008 at 6:12 PM Rating: Default
*
117 posts
was wondering wo gil being an issue and assuming max store tp merits whats the setup using the least amount of items possible to achieve 5 hit setup. Also assume standare 450 delay GK
#2 Jun 25 2008 at 7:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
74 STP on average
compared with 46 STP on average for 6 hit
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#3 Jun 25 2008 at 8:32 PM Rating: Default
*
117 posts
ok but what should i wear to achieve 74 stp using the least amount of items assume max store tp and 450 delay gk
#4 Jun 25 2008 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Store TP gear

find 39 store TP in gear (assuming capped merits) and there you go
____________________________
Vajyra 75RDM 75SAM 75THF 68NIN
Unicorn server
#5 Jun 25 2008 at 9:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,750 posts
Don't.
____________________________
Kara - Pandemonium
75WHM
75(lolelv)BLM
75SAM
75RDM
75DRK
#6 Jun 26 2008 at 2:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,742 posts
The level of sacrifice you have to do in gear slots is atrocious enough that your overall damage will be less than if you went with 6 hit.

Things like Alky/Dusk,Hauby/Askar/Osode.
____________________________
FFXIV: Karamethien Seraphus (Blog)

FFXI: Karamethien
Still a Seraph Samurai Wanna Be
Fishing AF - Complete, SAM AF - Complete, RNG Af - Complete, RDM AF - 1/6
#7 Jun 26 2008 at 2:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
aki's sTP guide

tldr:
Quote:
Don't. (unless you're using a 480 delay GK)
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#8 Jun 26 2008 at 5:05 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,076 posts
Y isn't Aki's Guide Sticky yet?
____________________________
ScarShiva wrote:
Disclaimer: There seem to be a lot of PLDs on this board who get upset when I have the nerve to suggest things like wearing Peacock Charm full-time in XP is preferable over Shield Torque, Parade Gorget is a macro piece only, Tacos are worthless, Loquacious Earring > Boxer's Mantle for PLD/NIN, Polearm is a crock of sh*t for PLD, and all other types of heresy.

Get bent.
#9 Jun 26 2008 at 7:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
echoing,

"what should i wear to achieve a 5-hit setup?"

"you shouldn't."
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#10 Jun 26 2008 at 6:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,209 posts
Pachipachio is purple btw. Match well with Usukane
____________________________
Princess ThePsychoticOne wrote:
int stands for int.

#11 Jun 27 2008 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,230 posts
5-hit and 450 delay do not go well together. Change that to 480, as stated above, and you have a winner.
____________________________
*** Jesus loves you ***

PSN ID: hvnswrd
#12 Jun 27 2008 at 8:51 AM Rating: Decent
*
117 posts
well ill have to experiment but its for sam/ranger winder spam With a 5 hit setup and soboro ill literally be a winder machine gun lol and yes i find my accuracy to be fine bc i use sweet spot and archery merits
#13 Jun 27 2008 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Quote:
well ill have to experiment but its for sam/ranger winder spam With a 5 hit setup and soboro ill literally be a winder machine gun lol and yes i find my accuracy to be fine bc i use sweet spot and archery merits

you'll get faster WS with 6-hit + lots of haste than you will with no haste + 5-hit
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#14 Jun 28 2008 at 6:45 PM Rating: Decent
*
117 posts
intresting and very true thankyou
#15Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 12:13 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i have a 5 hit setup and it does well
#16 Jan 03 2010 at 12:23 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
i have a 5 hit setup and it does well


unfortunately not as well as the people wearing haste+6hit or a polearm 5hit, but thanks for playing:D.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#17 Jan 03 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
623 posts
The problem with any X hit build is never how many sTP you need to find, but what you have to give up to get it.

For Spamwinder consider the Martial Bow. As /RNG I always held off shooting till I had 160 - 180% TP for greater Acc. Being able to fire Sidewinder off at 100% TP with the Acc bonus of 200% TP = WAY more Sidewinders than a 5 hit with a Sigetto.

If I could find a use for SAM/RNG anymore I would own a Martial Bow right now.
____________________________
Chanti
Clothcraft 97 +3
Samurai 75
Monk 66
All around flirt
#18 Jan 04 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
252 posts
GeneralJala wrote:
was wondering wo gil being an issue and assuming max store tp merits whats the setup using the least amount of items possible to achieve 5 hit setup. Also assume standare 450 delay GK


To OP, With a 450 you need 74 STP for 5 hit, and depeding on how you go about playing, could be anywhere from, (13m~40m) mostly because of usukane ^^.

TP
Soboro-Hagun
Rose Strap 4
White Tathlum 2
Moogle Expansion Head with +3Haste and STP+4
Justice Torque
Brutal Earring 1
Wyvern Earring~ Bushinomimi
Usukane Haramaki 6
Hachiman Kote +1 9
Ecphoria Ring 1
Raja's Ring 5
Cuchulian's Mantle
Speed/Velocity Belt
Byakko's Haidate
Usukane Sune-Ate 7
STP Merits 35
STP Total=74

WS
Soboro-Hagun
Rose Strap 4
White Tathlum 2
Maat's Cap
WS Gorget
Brutal Earring 1
Bushinomimi
Usukane Haramaki 6 ~ Hachiman+1 Body
Hachiman Kote +1 9
Flame Ring
Raja's Ring 5
Cuchulian's Mantle~ Simo Mantle
Warwolf Belt
Enkidu's Subligar 5
Usukane Sune-Ate 7 ~Hachiman+1 Feet
STP Total=74





Edited, Feb 5th 2010 10:07pm by Coyoteblackzero
____________________________
Have a good time son... have a really good f*ckin time!
#19 Jan 04 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
GeneralJala wrote:
was wondering wo gil being an issue and assuming max store tp merits whats the setup using the least amount of items possible to achieve 5 hit setup. Also assume standare 450 delay GK


To OP, With a 450 you need 74 STP for 5 hit, and depeding on how you go about playing, could be anywhere from, (13m~40m) mostly because of usukane ^^.

TP
Soboro-Hagun
Rose Strap 4
White Tathlum 2
Moogle Expansion Head with +3Haste and STP+4
Justice Torque
Brutal Earring 1
Wyvern Earring~ Bushinomimi
Usukane Haramaki 6
Hachiman Kote +1 9
Ecphoria Ring 1
Raja's Ring 5
Cuchulian's Mantle
Speed/Velocity Belt
Byakko's Haidate
Usukane Sune-Ate 7
STP Merits 35
STP Total=74

WS
Soboro-Hagun
Rose Strap 4
White Tathlum 2
Maat's Cap
WS Gorget
Brutal Earring 1
Bushinomimi
Usukane Haramaki 6
Hachiman Kote +1 9
Flame Ring
Raja's Ring 5
Cuchulian's Mantle
Warwolf Belt
Enkidu's Subligar 5
Usukane Sune-Ate 7
STP Total=74





i'm a bit dubious of this, since you drop 5-6% haste and a fair amount of STR on WS (especially for a setup that could include hachiryu haidate and such).

however, if we're playing the dream gear game, you'd definitely want to drop the usu body and feet for WS, and replace them with HQ hachiman body and feet. 4 more STR, same sTP.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#20 Jan 08 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
If you have the gear to support 5HIT, it will be nice in solo situations like campaign (and will out-do your 6HIT), but when properly hasted (RDM + BRD), 6HIT will always dominate simply because the 5-6% haste + extra WS DMG your losing is worth more overall.



____________________________
Taking a break.
#21 Jan 14 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
287 posts
there's always the extra STP gained from eating Carbonara +1 to think about.
____________________________
Kurai
Phoenix Server
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?24209

"Quit posting your damned TP! We've all figured out that you ALWAYS have TP ready!"
"So now that you're level 50 you gain TP when you breathe now right?"
#22 Jan 21 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Default
**
252 posts
Sandmasterr wrote:
If you have the gear to support 5HIT, it will be nice in solo situations like campaign (and will out-do your 6HIT), but when properly hasted (RDM + BRD), 6HIT will always dominate simply because the 5-6% haste + extra WS DMG your losing is worth more overall.
This is more opinion than fact if you take into the account Skillchains. Each SAM plays differently, some like just WSing some like skillchaining. With this setup you can skillchain just from melee delay. With more haste (55%+)just going off of melee/WS damage 6-Hit slightly starts to pull ahead cause of 4% Haste difference.(idk where ppl got 5~6) But I don't play just to go WAR on SAM. The extra skillchain damage just from counting +8 (Log damage, my parser don't count SC damage) Lv.3 Darknesses compared to 6hit brought the damage up to match the lesser damage from melee/WS/haste, in 30 min parse Vs Quadav Campain Mobs. (I don't have usu body, use askar+ attilas) RDM+BRD for haste.

Ppl argue that skillchains don't matter for damage comparisons, but I say nor does a 1000 damage gekko on a G.Colirbi that has 4% HP left. (~200HP) After all the fuss though play for fun and enjoy.



____________________________
Have a good time son... have a really good f*ckin time!
#23 Jan 22 2010 at 6:49 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,890 posts
5 hit is not reasonable unless you happen to have a COR present.
____________________________
RoTZ: Complete DM: O
CoP: Complete AN: O
99 SAM, RDM, BLU, WAR, PLD, DRK

lolgaxe wrote:
Nothing in this game is impossible if you set yourself to the task of actually doing it. Even dumb people can only hold you back for so long.


Lucinus wrote:
when you're hefting something that deadly, you don't miss - mobs get the @#%^ out of the way instead...
#24 Jan 22 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
372 posts
Coyoteblackzero wrote:
The extra skillchain damage just from counting +8 (Log damage, my parser don't count SC damage) Lv.3 Darknesses compared to 6hit brought the damage up to match the lesser damage from melee/WS/haste


I think this is why there is discrepency between why ppl say "5 hit sucks monkey ****s" (cause to them, it's all about the parse), and the ppl who prefer SC'ing (myself, included).


saevellakshmi wrote:
5 hit is not reasonable unless you happen to have a COR present.

it's downright scary when you do :P


EDIT: forgot to give the other side

Edited, Jan 22nd 2010 10:34am by Vestrivan
____________________________
The wise warrior will fight until he can no longer win; while the foolish warrior will never stop fighting.

MouserRDM wrote:

People think Dark Knights are the emo-boys of FFXI.

They ain't got nothin' on us Blue Mages. We kill monsters, eat their souls, and we don't even use barbecue sauce. And we're still hungry.

We're bastards.
#25 Jan 22 2010 at 1:05 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
CB0 wrote:
(idk where ppl got 5~6)
head: 2 haste, hands: 3-4 haste
really, with haste rounding it should be ~5 assuming you have the gear (which you've already told us before you don't because you're a deceptive tool) to hit "actual" (~26% "written" haste) haste cap (see: 6% haste belt which is ~30-40m by itself, etc).

Quote:
SC dmg, COR, blahblah

You could just get BRD+RDM+DNC(instead of COR) and SC more w/ 6hit on top of higher melee DPS (from higher acc/atk/STR/speed) and WS dmg...

5-hit w/ COR: 7.5*4*.34 = 10.2 sec/WS (sacrificing haste as above)
5-hit w/ COR: 7.5*4*.30 = 9.0 sec/WS (same gear haste as 6-hit)
6-hit w/ DNC: 7.5*5*.20 = 7.5 sec/WS

(magic)


SC dmg is also generally resisted vs higher level stuff, meaning you would built an entire build around 5-hit GK SC, in a level/buff range where you could make a ridiculous polearm build if you put in the same effort instead.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#26Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 12:58 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Heres my 5 hit setup i <3 it .. i dont parse and whatnots .. also my hagun has acc+6 on it .. i can 4 part light gekko>yuki>gekko>kasha solo /w sekkanoki. i can solo light with just meditate and 100 tp .. /w soboro its just plain retarded tp gain .. of course i loose some str and haste but a reasonable sacrifice in my opinion because i can self skillchain light and comeback and do my 2 hour for another 3 part skillchain .. But as people stated all sams are not created equal and my sam is Not .. i do what i feel is good to me and i dont care what parser or whatever they are called say..
#27 Jan 31 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
You've spent a ton of gil making a set that's not very good, but it sounds like there's no convincing you otherwise, so w/e...
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#28Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 1:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) im sorry if i dont confine myself to your basic and bland sam build .. the same build that damly every sam has xD. i think outside the box .. your in the box
#29Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 1:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Problem? xD
#30 Jan 31 2010 at 1:43 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,102 posts
Quote:
im sorry if i dont confine myself to your basic and bland sam build .. the same build that damly every sam has xD. i think outside the box .. your in the box

No one here really cares how you think or how well you play. You have all the necessary information, but if you prefer to gear your SAM for something other than maximum damage output, then no one here has a problem with that. It's not like any of these people are ever going to be in a party that is less effective because of your choices. I'll never get slower EXP because of you, so your decision to be less effective doesn't matter to me.
Quote:
.. i do what i feel is good to me and i dont care what parser or whatever they are called say..

That's fine; why would you think anyone wouldn't be cool with this? Just don't expect good feelings to make your gear work better.
#31 Jan 31 2010 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
im sorry if i dont confine myself to your basic and bland sam build .. the same build that damly every sam has xD. i think outside the box .. your in the box
You're only doing a disservice to yourself and the people you play with, and since I'm neither: w/e snowflake

or as the Japanese say: "the nail that sticks out gets hit with the hammer"
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#32 Jan 31 2010 at 2:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
Heres my 5 hit setup i <3 it .. i dont parse and whatnots .. also my hagun has acc+6 on it .. i can 4 part light gekko>yuki>gekko>kasha solo /w sekkanoki. i can solo light with just meditate and 100 tp .. /w soboro its just plain retarded tp gain .. of course i loose some str and haste but a reasonable sacrifice in my opinion because i can self skillchain light and comeback and do my 2 hour for another 3 part skillchain .. But as people stated all sams are not created equal and my sam is Not .. i do what i feel is good to me and i dont care what parser or whatever they are called say..

TP
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=99728

WS
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=134310

Edited, Jan 31st 2010 2:03pm by Bigmogreen


out of curiosity, what's on the champion's galea?
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#33Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 5:49 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cha
#34Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 6:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Are u Serious dude xD?.. What Exp camp are u talking about because if u talkin birds i still have a mean 5 hit Tomoe RiceBall Build that would still Rip Holes
#35 Jan 31 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,102 posts
Quote:
in your Thought Patterns xD .. Soo DOnt Assume About What i use in exp Bird Pt's .. Anything Aside from Bird Camp,my 5 hit all the way

I just assumed that your expensive-but-underperforming gearsets would extend to whatever you do. If not, why bother paying so much to underperform for some stuff but not for others?

I'm sure you do just fine. I personally think it's kind of a shame that you'd rather be unique than be a better DD, but I'll never have to party with you so my opinion really doesn't matter. If you do well enough that you're happy and the people who play with you are happy, I don't see what difference it makes that you could be doing better than you are. "Good enough" is... good enough, after all.
#36Bigmogreen, Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 11:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) underperform how .. u can "only" do 2 part skillchains aside from your 2 hour ability me on the other hand can do 3 part skillchains even 4 with sekkanoki so hows that under performing .. did u take in account of skillchain damage?
#37 Feb 01 2010 at 3:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
Caesura wrote:
Quote:
in your Thought Patterns xD .. Soo DOnt Assume About What i use in exp Bird Pt's .. Anything Aside from Bird Camp,my 5 hit all the way

I just assumed that your expensive-but-underperforming gearsets would extend to whatever you do. If not, why bother paying so much to underperform for some stuff but not for others?

I'm sure you do just fine. I personally think it's kind of a shame that you'd rather be unique than be a better DD, but I'll never have to party with you so my opinion really doesn't matter. If you do well enough that you're happy and the people who play with you are happy, I don't see what difference it makes that you could be doing better than you are. "Good enough" is... good enough, after all.


underperform how .. u can "only" do 2 part skillchains aside from your 2 hour ability me on the other hand can do 3 part skillchains even 4 with sekkanoki so hows that under performing .. did u take in account of skillchain damage?


unless you're talking about soloing or party exclusively with DDs even worse than yourself (b/c they never WS), this is irrelevant.

Edited, Feb 1st 2010 4:48am by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#38 Feb 01 2010 at 4:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,060 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:

|----|
|you |<<<< Confined Thinking
|----|

|----|
| | ME <<<< Free of Thought
|----|


|----|
|us | In box built from years of testing
|----|

|----|
| | you >:3 outside with a
|----|

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR BOX!

relevant
#39Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 4:31 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) There There Selfish YOung Sam... The Samurai (SAM) job focuses on the mastery of weapon skills and skillchains. Samurai excel at the use of Weapon Skills due to their ability to "rapidly(EL RAPIDO) gain Tactical Points" and use them to their advantage. How do i Rapidly Gain TP? By Shaving off 1 attack round..Also Have u ever heard of salvage .. I take it u do Judging by those feet u have. U know what happens on boss runs, the coordination it takes IE Skillchaining? Right? Ok .. while u would do your Typical Sekkanoki Rana/Gekko this is what i would Do .. Sekka/Meditate Rana/Gekko wait.. Rana/o "wats this"GEKKO.. then by the time You would RANA i would have tp to close your junk again.. or maybe yall just free weaponskill or somthin and get mauled xD
#40Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 4:38 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) /laugh <Run Away!> Bigmo = /Stay <Full Attack!> <Monster>
#41 Feb 01 2010 at 4:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,060 posts
What you fail to realize is that a 6 hit SAM with a proper TP build will actually WS more often than a gimp 5 hit. You place so much importance on skillchains it really wouldn't surprise me if you subbed BLM to magic burst them Smiley: banghead

By your logic, you could not melee at all and rely solely on meditate for a 0 hit and that would be even better.
#42 Feb 01 2010 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
milich wrote:


unless you're talking about soloing or party exclusively with DDs even worse than yourself (b/c they never WS), this is irrelevant.

Edited, Feb 1st 2010 4:48am by milich


There There Selfish YOung Sam... The Samurai (SAM) job focuses on the mastery of weapon skills and skillchains. Samurai excel at the use of Weapon Skills due to their ability to "rapidly(EL RAPIDO) gain Tactical Points" and use them to their advantage. How do i Rapidly Gain TP? By Shaving off 1 attack round..Also Have u ever heard of salvage .. I take it u do Judging by those feet u have. U know what happens on boss runs, the coordination it takes IE Skillchaining? Right? Ok .. while u would do your Typical Sekkanoki Rana/Gekko this is what i would Do .. Sekka/Meditate Rana/Gekko wait.. Rana/o "wats this"GEKKO.. then by the time You would RANA i would have tp to close your junk again.. or maybe yall just free weaponskill or somthin and get mauled xD


i did darkness doing asuran fists with my friend doing gekko actually.

i assume you're trolling and/or love being different, blabla. it doesn't matter; like people said, you do more damage with haste and a 6hit. maybe this seems inconceivable to you, but maybe no one cares.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#43 Feb 01 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Quote:
What you fail to realize is that a 6 hit SAM with a proper TP build will actually WS more often than a gimp 5 hit.
*this*

also: it's really sad that there is so little going on in the SAM forum that we waste this much time on trolls/idiots....
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#44Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 1:06 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ive been there done that what u called a "Proper 6 hit" its Boring to me .. this is like a religion battle like "my god is better than your god" or "there is no god" its never ending .. just cause i dont conform to a basic style of play it makes me gimp? /laugh i guess its true people fear or crap on what they dont understand or never tried.. and the only ones whos trolling and being a idiot is u my friend .. I only began to criticize only because yall were saying my 5 hit was useless so and "gimp" or what not .. He who is without sin Cast the first Phrase
#45 Feb 01 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
shintasama wrote:
Quote:
What you fail to realize is that a 6 hit SAM with a proper TP build will actually WS more often than a gimp 5 hit.
*this*

also: it's really sad that there is so little going on in the SAM forum that we waste this much time on trolls/idiots....


Ive been there done that what u called a "Proper 6 hit" its Boring to me .. this is like a religion battle like "my god is better than your god" or "there is no god" its never ending .. just cause i dont conform to a basic style of play it makes me gimp? /laugh i guess its true people fear or crap on what they dont understand or never tried.. and the only ones whos trolling and being a idiot is u my friend .. I only began to criticize only because yall were saying my 5 hit was useless so and "gimp" or what not .. He who is without sin Cast the first Phrase
It's nothing like any of that, but attempting to bring up religion supports my troll hypothesis. You're gimp because you use gear that produces less dmg/time, it's math not voodoo.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#46Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 2:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Im glad u feel that way u continue to do your 6 hit and ill do my 5
#47 Feb 01 2010 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Bigmogreen wrote:
shintasama wrote:
Bigmogreen wrote:
shintasama wrote:
Quote:
What you fail to realize is that a 6 hit SAM with a proper TP build will actually WS more often than a gimp 5 hit.
*this*

also: it's really sad that there is so little going on in the SAM forum that we waste this much time on trolls/idiots....


Ive been there done that what u called a "Proper 6 hit" its Boring to me .. this is like a religion battle like "my god is better than your god" or "there is no god" its never ending .. just cause i dont conform to a basic style of play it makes me gimp? /laugh i guess its true people fear or crap on what they dont understand or never tried.. and the only ones whos trolling and being a idiot is u my friend .. I only began to criticize only because yall were saying my 5 hit was useless so and "gimp" or what not .. He who is without sin Cast the first Phrase
It's nothing like any of that, but attempting to bring up religion supports my troll hypothesis. You're gimp because you use gear that produces less dmg/time, it's math not voodoo.


Im glad u feel that way u continue to do your 6 hit and ill do my 5
It's like we're 19 posts ago again, good to see forward progress.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#48 Feb 01 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,270 posts
Fun read.....no not really.

This isnt god vs god....That is trying to convince one another that one immeasurable, unknowable entity is better than another immeasurable, unknowable entity.

Doing damage in a videogame, in which every action is determined my mathematical formula PROGRAMED into the game, which are guranteed to do the EXACT same thing every time (computers are good at doing math perfectly every time in case you didnt know) is not vodoo or religious. It is knowable and measurable.

Anyone can ask "How much damage will I do against (insert mob) with (insert gear/weapon) with (insert buffs) doing (insert action/WS/Melee)?" and the people who understand the game mechanics can say "You will do (insert number) damage." And they will be right. because they are doing the same process the computer does just by hand. There is no arguing that. Its 2+2=4.

This has been debated/theorycrafted/parsed/beaten into the ground countless times and come up with 2+2=4. But you come here and say that 2+1=5.

If you want to talk about MAXIMUM OPTIMAL DAMAGE OUTPUT for sam, 2+2=4. I dont care how you "feel" 2+1=5. The fact that you dont parse or even understand the mathematic equations that determine what damage pops up in the log doesnt help your case. 2+1=3 and 3 is less than 4. Therefore 2+2=4 is more than 2+1=3 no matter how much you say it equals 5. No matter how much you feel better adding 2+1. It quite honestly doesnt matter what you "think" because it is still incorrect.

There is no wiggle room for "feelings" in math. You dont come to class with a hangover to take your algebra test and the test looks at you and says "oh im sorry you 'feel' bad this morning. How bout you just write down some #s and ill make them right /hug." Math doesnt hug you. It doesnt go outta its way to make you chicken soup when your sick. Bad math makes buildings fall down, levees break, and exacerbates natural disatsters. Math doesnt give a sh*t what you feel.

If you want to play 5 hit because you see pretty golf balls of light, then great. You can throw a disco party with all your light SC everywhere you go. But dont come here and tell us that 2+1=5. There is no way to spin it. When it comes to maximium and optimized damage output, your method does less damage. If you dont care that you do a little less damage than you "could" do otherwise, fine. That is your perogative. But if someone asks "Which is more? 2+2 ro 2+1?" and you chime in "2+1!!" Your getting called on it because it is incorrect. The End. You can say "I like 2+1. 2+2 is so semetrical and i dont like symetry. Asymetry ftw!" Thats fine. That is an opinion. But it is NOT what does more damage.

"Choosing" not to believe a fact does not make it less true. It only makes you willfully ignorant.

"Math is vodoo!" LOL

Edited, Feb 1st 2010 4:21pm by Banalaty

Edited, Feb 1st 2010 4:25pm by Banalaty
____________________________
Aanalaty, Mithra of San d'Oria
99Thf/99Drg/99Rng/95Pld/Secret Job 92
Bonecraft-100+3 7/29/08
Lu Shangs-5/28/08
Twashtar-90
Ryunohige-75: 1/7/2012
Mandau-75: 3/9/2012

Maat-1/1 Thf Meleed (pansies steal)
Some of mah gearz: http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Aanalaty#item-sets
Join 'People Against The Heart Snatcher' and help put Thfs on the right P.A.T.H.S. today!
#49 Feb 01 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Excellent
**
798 posts
I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but I legitimately would like to hear him try and defend this with something outside of "I think different than you".

Quote:
Heres my 5 hit setup i <3 it .. i dont parse and whatnots .. also my hagun has acc+6 on it .. i can 4 part light gekko>yuki>gekko>kasha solo /w sekkanoki. i can solo light with just meditate and 100 tp .. /w soboro its just plain retarded tp gain .. of course i loose some str and haste but a reasonable sacrifice in my opinion because i can self skillchain light and comeback and do my 2 hour for another 3 part skillchain .. But as people stated all sams are not created equal and my sam is Not .. i do what i feel is good to me and i dont care what parser or whatever they are called say..

TP
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=99728

WS
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=134310


Self skill chaining with soboro is no amazing feat. With soboro, I can do a 3 part self light easily with no spell haste. With a little extra haste and jumps from /DRG, it becomes trivial. I'm an in the box 25% haste 6-hitter by the way. Soboro isn't really magically better for you because you have a 5-hit. Everyone gets a lot of TP really quick with Soboro.

I can't think of many situations though where people are going to be sitting back waiting for me to do 3 WSs. In a merit party, people are WSing constantly, and the added damage from self-SCs with Soboro probably isn't worth making the other melees sit around not WS'ing. If you are going to SC, its probably better to just react and do a SC with Y/G/K off another melee when you coincidentally have TP.

Also:
Quote:

and comeback and do my 2 hour for another 3 part skillchain


Welcome to SAM 2hr :D We can all do that regardless of our hit build. Guess what? Having the extra STR in your WS build would make your 2hr better.
____________________________
Jacs of Leviathan
SAM, MNK, THF, NIN, SCH, DRK, BLU 90
Woodworking 100+3, Synergy 57
#50Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 7:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) SelfSkillchain with "Hagun" NO/DRG .. thats what i do .. if i were to soboro/drg i would double your 3part light
#51Bigmogreen, Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 7:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Did i say i was better than u because i have a 5 hit and u a 6? Did i imply ME>you? No.. I simply didnt .. if u took it that way fine.. Reevaluate your thinking patters if u feel that way lol.. i know 1+3=4 and whatnots it still wont make me change my ideas about "MYSAM" not your Sam "MYSAM" if i wanna drop disco balls and black holes of death back to back thats what im gonna do .. Have A Nice Day =D
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (18)