Just did it 20mins ago! 1/4 finally!
Moonphase: Waning Gibbous 30% I think
Weapon: T.M. Hooks +2
Ammo: Musk Sachet
Head: Temple Crown
Neck: Chiv Chain
Ear1: Merman's Earring
Ear2: Spike Earring
Body: SH +1
Ring1: Victory Ring +1
Ring2: Victory Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle +1
Waist: Brown Belt
Legs: Strike Subligar
Feet: Wulong Shoes
Food: Sole Sushi (forget the +1, it doesn't help much and cost much more)
Drink: None. The real fight (after engagement) last for about 20sec, why bother with any refreshments :P
Meds: None, not that I chose to, read on.
Walked in fully dressed with Blink Band & Stoneskin Torque (in place of listed Head & Neck)
Blinked & Stoneskined and switch back to normal gears.
Boost X 9
Focus + Dodge
Walk into engaging range and Engaged from afar
Hundred Fists + Chi Blast (302 Damage) and start running along with the fireball towards the old man.
Watch TP closely
98% -> 103% then
Immediately hit off Howling Fist (only 121 damage, rotten luck) then
Immediately consume Icarus Wing then
Immediately hit off another Howling Fist (521 this time).
Then PRAYED and spam my fingers onto my macros of Vile Elixir +1 and Vile Elixir while letting my Hundred Fists do its job!!
BUT, somehow in the heat of the fight, none of the Vile Elixir macros (1 for normal Vile Elixir, 1 for +1) worked so I pretty much took Maat down without meds!
303hp(/1536) and 10sec worth of Hundred Fists left!
Things to note:
- If this is your first Maat fight, be warned that it all happened sooooo fast. I started the fight with Hundred Fists, and the fight ended with 10 secs worth of HF left! Do the math, it's at least less than 30 seconds, more like 20 seconds!
- REMEMBER! It's a 20second fight, EVERY milli-second counts!
- I did nothing wrong with my Vile Elixir macro (I wasted a Vile Elixir to test it out AFTER the fight after I've rested to full :P), sometimes it just won't work during battle!!!! But then, my fight proved that you DON'T need meds anyway.
- In my past failures, I tried to Boost too many times and managed to get over 500 damage on Maat with the initial Chi Blast. That ticked him off and used his Hundred Fists way too early.
- When Maat's Hundred Fists start, you have about 7 punches worth of time to live even if you are relatively full of hp.
- DO NOT, AND DO NOT EVER, hold of on the 2nd WS, you need it to kick in as soon as the first one's done. Imagine a Skillchain, only except you have to do the 2nd one soooo soon after the 1st one that even if it's a skillchain it won't take effect.
- You probably won't have time for 3rd WS. Throughout my 4 tries (all the past 3 failures were executed flawlessly, but the plannings were off), I never managed to get the 3rd one off.
- I walked in naked in the past 3 tries, and that didn't help :P
- In my worst fight, I did 11 Boost and did the Opo-Opo/Sleep Potion to 100%TP method, the Chi Blast & Howling Fist combo immediately reduce Maat to about 60% and he immediately used Hundred Fists and I died in 7 punches plus a few counters :P
- Unless you have absolutely beautiful counter gears, DO NOT use Counterstance. It reduces your natural DEF to ZERO!!! Although you might counter a few, but when Maat lands a hit (and that happen more often than you'd think), it went from 100'ish DMG to 200-300DMG a punch!
- You don't have to worry too much about -EVA gears (don't give up STR, ATT over EVA), I tried with MAJOR +EVA gears and the old man still gets you 98% of the time.
- Failure 1: Used Counterstance, don't have Stoneskin Torque (none on the AH at the time).
- Failure 2: Boosted too many times and in combination with WS triggered Maat's HF too soon.
- Failure 3: Waited for about 2 sec before using 2nd WS (as if I was doing Skillchain), managed to consume the costly Icarus Wing but died before 2nd WS went off (they were in the same macro).
That's all I can think of for now, GL fellow MNKs!!!!
Edited, Apr 16th 2009 9:28pm by kmbcheun