Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Petition for Dual Wield 3+ or more Follow

#52 Sep 05 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
**
269 posts
DW1 on blu was kind of a **** yea. But I look at it like this: Blu had multiple subs that are useful. On all those subs, they can now dual-wield. Free bonus to DoT, TP gain, and offhand stats (maybe). Thief, on the other hand, has 1 sub that is ideal 99% of the time (/nin). The remaining 1% is split between dnc (has dw2 as a sub), and /war/rng/cor/w/e.

So essentially, we're buffed for salvage pre-subjob cell, and that's about it. I think most are frustrated that SE devs have potentially wasted time "updating" us with almost nothing.

Hey, we should have seen this coming though. Think of despoil as the foreplay to DW1.
____________________________
Wolfheart 80 THF, DRK, MNK but not bard. No, no I didn't level bard.
Phoenix server.
( ')> Shadow Duck approves of this message.
#53 Sep 05 2010 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Erecia wrote:
When BLUs got only dual wield 1, and had to set some pretty lousy traits for it, there was some disappointment but we got over it.

When THF is getting only dual wield 1, it's the end of the freaking world!

You guys better watch out. You're approaching SMN Mellowy in level of overall discontent.


Speak for the Grand Pumba hisself.

My LS Summoners are quite happy. So much that despite having 3-5 available Corsairs, we accept more because can't really get enough in SMN heavy fights (which have increased from a few to half-dozen or more per week). Seriously SMN is an awesome job. Anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know how to play it or is doing the wrong activities in FFXI with it.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#54 Sep 05 2010 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
**
803 posts
Erecia wrote:
When BLUs got only dual wield 1, and had to set some pretty lousy traits for it, there was some disappointment but we got over it.

When THF is getting only dual wield 1, it's the end of the freaking world!

You guys better watch out. You're approaching SMN in level of overall discontent.


And you also get a **** of spells each update, as well as everything else. Despoil was to be the highlight of last update and it turned out to be crap. Now this update's highlight is Dual Wield T1, more crap. What about this don't you understand?
____________________________
Currently unable to play due to Square-Enix's lack of discretion for players.
#55 Sep 05 2010 at 4:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,567 posts
KnivesJonquil wrote:
Erecia wrote:
When BLUs got only dual wield 1, and had to set some pretty lousy traits for it, there was some disappointment but we got over it.

When THF is getting only dual wield 1, it's the end of the freaking world!

You guys better watch out. You're approaching SMN in level of overall discontent.


And you also get a **** of spells each update, as well as everything else. Despoil was to be the highlight of last update and it turned out to be crap. Now this update's highlight is Dual Wield T1, more crap. What about this don't you understand?
As a BLU and a THF, I'm gonna have to agree, DW1 wasn't as huge a disappointment for BLU because of several reasons:
BLU/THF, which I use at events alot, for a second Firmament/+1 means it's actually quite useful for that job combo.
Other spells: We got 15% haste, Regen, Refresh, and a few less powerful but still nice stuff: DA, new heal, etc.

BLU update was great, despite DW1.
____________________________
Chatokun 90DRG | 75RDM | 82BRD | 90THF | 90NIN | 75SAM | 90BLU
Valefor Server
Linkshell: Heresy
#56 Sep 06 2010 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
33 posts
I was looking for jobs that start off with a trait thats higher then tier 1. only one i could find is rng starts with wide scan 2 at lvl 1. just say maybe we start with 2 since we already have 2 and upgrade to 3 a 90 since we would have 3 from ./nin then. i hope thats how it works out
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (23)