Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Denali Bonnet?Follow

#27 Sep 17 2009 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
*
91 posts
icebabyisme wrote:
I don't care about your evasion numbers, I just knew when I was using turban one time I got red, my NPC died to save me. **** thing hit me 4 times in a row and did not miss, interrupted me over and over. Whatever your number, it did not save me there, but Denali did, I never got into red after the hat switch.


This is due to game's the battle mechanics.
It is possible to be at capped evasion and still be hit 10 times in a row.
Improbable, but still possible.
The 4 hits in a row was just bad luck.
Adding more evasion if you're already maxed doesn't raise the systems built-in cap.
____________________________
//Zelphan/75THF/Ragnarok//
TP//DE
#28 Sep 17 2009 at 11:14 AM Rating: Default
**
316 posts
Quote:
This is due to game's the battle mechanics.
It is possible to be at capped evasion and still be hit 10 times in a row.
Improbable, but still possible.
The 4 hits in a row was just bad luck.
Adding more evasion if you're already maxed doesn't raise the systems built-in cap.


I agree with what you said. In my case, this hat saved me lots bloody bolts and let me cast less Ichi. That's all it matters to me. And it proves to me Denali hat has its use in solo, not a totally useless junk or inv-1.

Well, let elite players use turban no matter what, let gimp players like me don that cute hat when we see fit. :)
____________________________
Virtual Wandering
#29 Sep 17 2009 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
**
330 posts
Quote:
I agree with what you said. In my case, this hat saved me lots bloody bolts and let me cast less Ichi. That's all it matters to me. And it proves to me Denali hat has its use in solo, not a totally useless junk or inv-1.

Well, let elite players use turban no matter what, let gimp players like me don that cute hat when we see fit. :)


Thats fine wear what you want. Just dont come here asking the forum our opinion on the head piece if you dont care to listen. Clearly your mind is made up on the matter so why even ask?


*edit*

On one hand you are saying the head piece saves you tons of bloody bolts/ichi casts. On the other hand you say you dont even solo.

Stop trying to justify its use. Just say you like it cause it matches your lipstick, or your hand bag, shoes , etc.



Edited, Sep 17th 2009 3:32pm by bjjbluebelt
____________________________
THF WS
THF TP
NIN WS
NIN TP
SAM TP
SAM WS


#30 Sep 17 2009 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
**
311 posts
Quote:
Thats fine wear what you want. Just dont come here asking the forum our opinion on the head piece if you dont care to listen. Clearly your mind is made up on the matter so why even ask?


*edit*

On one hand you are saying the head piece saves you tons of bloody bolts/ichi casts. On the other hand you say you dont even solo.

Stop trying to justify its use. Just say you like it cause it matches your lipstick, or your hand bag, shoes , etc.


Easy now, I was the only one asking about Denali hat and stating I don't plan to solo on THF. Icebabyisme was the one talking about Denali hat saving bloody bolts and stuff. You're basically lumping us together and attacking icebabyisme for questions I had and advice s/he gave. Ice never asked about it's use, I did.
____________________________
75+ DRG/BLU/DRK/MNK/SMN ~ 75 THF/SAM

Bastok: 10 ~~ Assault/Nyzul: Captain/100
ZM: Done ~~ ACP: Done
CoP: Done ~~ AMK: Done
ToAU: Done ~~ ASA: Done
WotG: 27 ~~ Campaign: Medal of Altana $$$$

Server: Ramuh
LS: Latent
#31 Sep 17 2009 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
**
330 posts
my bad similar names look similar
____________________________
THF WS
THF TP
NIN WS
NIN TP
SAM TP
SAM WS


#32 Sep 17 2009 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
icebabyisme wrote:
Blah blah my annecdotal experiances based on nothing but my own opinion are more important than your mathamatical calulations based on formulas used by the game. There is no such thing as luck. it happened once so it must be the rule.
Did I get that right?
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#33 Sep 17 2009 at 8:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,983 posts
I know what you're saying, Minscandboo. In a perfect world, conditions would be such that you'd never disengage from a mob for hours worth of fighing, nor would any other factors affect the steady in-sync count-down of your ja timers to the count-up of your TP. However, the game's just not like that. It took people awhile to realize the "get 100tp every 30 seconds, sa+ws; do it again, ta+ws" model was unrealistic. It's about being flexible. A single party on thief, where you bear this in mind, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Feather tickle :( = tp wiped. Or, your ja timer is ready and your tp is at 99%, but the mob dies. And another mob doesn't spawn or come to camp for 30 seconds. Sa/Ta merits adjust your ja timers. And further, in ideal situations, 30 seconds to get TP is actually rather slow. Assuming the right conditions, I think I'm at about the 18-20 second mark in exp. Also, there's the matter of prepping sa/ta before a fight to do more damage. One could go on an don. You prolly already understand what I mean, but this is just reinforcement, hehe.


As for Denali vs Turban for solo, let's say,

Premise: There is a solo/tanking situation in which marginal 5 evasion > 1% haste
Premise: Denali Bonnet comes with 5 evasion more than turban; turban 1% haste more than denali
Premise: These are the only relevant stats on these pieces we're concerned about for this comparison
Conclusion: There is a situation in which denali > turban

The only thing in question would be the first premise. But I'm pretty sure it's true. So the only thing that matters is using denali in that or those situations, and not others. This is why we build more than one set for soloing or tanking, same as with damage-focused builds.
____________________________
Shamaya, Asura
#34icebabyisme, Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 4:43 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You absolutely got it RIGHT, I was so wrong, my hours and hours of personal experience is definitely inferior to your numbers on paper, the gils I did not fire off is such a waste. I will just toss Denali Bonnet and vomit on anyone who uses it solo!
#35 Sep 18 2009 at 5:16 AM Rating: Decent
**
879 posts
Denali head is trash.

If you are attacking, Turban is better damage than less haste +3 attack.

If you need evasion, you should be wearing Ohat and swapping in turban for utsu.

Neither are very hard to aquire.
____________________________
Khory

TybudX wrote:
The hardest part of this game is finding 5-17 other people who aren't retarded.
#36Shakca, Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 12:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If your Haste is capped 25%. "Go for it" /Cheer rolf
#37 Sep 18 2009 at 1:28 PM Rating: Good
******
22,699 posts
icebabyisme wrote:
Quote:
Did I get that right?


You absolutely got it RIGHT, I was so wrong, my hours and hours of personal experience is definitely inferior to your numbers on paper, the gils I did not fire off is such a waste. I will just toss Denali Bonnet and vomit on anyone who uses it solo!

Well, I lied.

sh*t is situational.

Solo is when you need balance damage dealt and damage taken, period.

I am here to offer my opinion to the OP. If you disagree, let's disagree.


Sometimes I like to disagree with facts too and pretend they're opinions. It's okay.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#38 Sep 18 2009 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
The One and Only Deadgye wrote:
icebabyisme wrote:
Quote:
Did I get that right?


You absolutely got it RIGHT, I was so wrong, my hours and hours of personal experience is definitely inferior to your numbers on paper, the gils I did not fire off is such a waste. I will just toss Denali Bonnet and vomit on anyone who uses it solo!

Well, I lied.

sh*t is situational.

Solo is when you need balance damage dealt and damage taken, period.

I am here to offer my opinion to the OP. If you disagree, let's disagree.


Sometimes I like to disagree with facts too and pretend they're opinions. It's okay.
I still love you. Btw heard the new bonkers compliation?

Edited, Sep 18th 2009 11:22pm by Noodles
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#39 Sep 18 2009 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
Quote:
The evasion bonus is +5, not +2 (EVA +3 and AGI +4).


Sorry, I only ever cared about the agl/att/haste part for solo TAs. Forgot/never really noticed/lol+3 the evasion on the hat.

Quote:

I agree with what you said. In my case, this hat saved me lots bloody bolts and let me cast less Ichi. That's all it matters to me. And it proves to me Denali hat has its use in solo, not a totally useless junk or inv-1.


LOL!! It has saved you only the bolts that hit with the extra racc. (Which a better idea is to use ohat on RA anyway).

I hope you use turban for at least Ni casts... that 1/2 sec off recast would actually save you ichi casts unlike any agl would over evasion cap.

You can believe what ever you want, but all the self delusion in the world doesn't make it true.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#40 Sep 18 2009 at 6:17 PM Rating: Default
**
316 posts
Quote:
LOL!! It has saved you only the bolts that hit with the extra racc. (Which a better idea is to use ohat on RA anyway).


How do you know for sure that I don't switch to quite a few pieces of RACC gears (more than just Ohat) when I shoot bolts? Such superior attitude and assumption, I imagine you buff up like a big toad.

____________________________
Virtual Wandering
#41 Sep 18 2009 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
******
22,699 posts
Noodles wrote:
The One and Only Deadgye wrote:
icebabyisme wrote:
Quote:
Did I get that right?


You absolutely got it RIGHT, I was so wrong, my hours and hours of personal experience is definitely inferior to your numbers on paper, the gils I did not fire off is such a waste. I will just toss Denali Bonnet and vomit on anyone who uses it solo!

Well, I lied.

sh*t is situational.

Solo is when you need balance damage dealt and damage taken, period.

I am here to offer my opinion to the OP. If you disagree, let's disagree.


Sometimes I like to disagree with facts too and pretend they're opinions. It's okay.
I still love you. Btw heard the new bonkers compliation?


I haz not, I've been spamming a bunch of mixes from DJ Saiyan and the latest one from s3rl.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#42 Sep 19 2009 at 5:14 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
Quote:
How do you know for sure that I don't switch to quite a few pieces of RACC gears (more than just Ohat) when I shoot bolts? Such superior attitude and assumption, I imagine you buff up like a big toad.


For some reason i was under the impression that you do not swap gears while solo. No idea where i got that from.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#43 Sep 19 2009 at 8:02 PM Rating: Decent
*
141 posts
I wear turban in merits and big stuff but everything else I use Denali just cause it looks better. Turban does outperform it.
#44 Sep 21 2009 at 2:40 AM Rating: Good
****
4,720 posts
Caesura wrote:
Only if you somehow don't have a Walahra Turban. I... suppose it's possible, to have a Danali Bonnet and not a Walahra Turban.
Smiley: lol
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#45 Sep 21 2009 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
104 posts
Tarumalphius wrote:
I wear turban in merits and big stuff but everything else I use Denali just cause it looks better. Turban does outperform it.



What game do you play again?

Tarumalphius wrote:
Final Vanity XI: Rise of the Super Models duh.


Edited, Sep 21st 2009 2:11pm by Spurius
____________________________
Publius
Odin Server
Thf75/War37/Nin37

Merits - HP: 8 Str: 1 Dex: 2 Dagger: 8 Marksmanship: 4 Evasion: 4 Parrying: 4 Crit Rate: 4 Spell Interruption rate: 4 Sneak Attack: 5 Triple Attack: 5 Assassin's Charge: 4 Feint: 5 Aura Steal: 1

Tp:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?186563

Ws:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?166877
#46 Sep 21 2009 at 6:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Spurius wrote:
Tarumalphius wrote:
I wear turban in merits and big stuff but everything else I use Denali just cause it looks better. Turban does outperform it.



What game do you play again?

Tarumalphius wrote:
Final Vanity XI: Rise of the Super Models duh.


Edited, Sep 21st 2009 2:11pm by Spurius
Who gives a **** if you wear fasion gear when messing about solo?
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#47 Sep 22 2009 at 2:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
104 posts
Noodles wrote:
Who gives a sh*t if you wear fasion gear when messing about solo?


I do because I'm usually at max item capacity of USEFUL gear. Space is limited for gear that actually matters so to carry something to wear that is for aesthetic purposes only would require me to leave other better gear behind which to me makes absolutely no sense. In other words gear that is cool looking to me is not how it looks but what stats it has.

Besides I was merely cracking a joke, I like to be geared with the best possible things I have access to and others do not seem to care. Its no sweat off my back if they prefer looking better over performance as I like to give 100% as thf because it is my absolute favorite job to play.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2009 6:06am by Spurius
____________________________
Publius
Odin Server
Thf75/War37/Nin37

Merits - HP: 8 Str: 1 Dex: 2 Dagger: 8 Marksmanship: 4 Evasion: 4 Parrying: 4 Crit Rate: 4 Spell Interruption rate: 4 Sneak Attack: 5 Triple Attack: 5 Assassin's Charge: 4 Feint: 5 Aura Steal: 1

Tp:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?186563

Ws:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?166877
#48 Sep 22 2009 at 2:09 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Spurius wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Who gives a sh*t if you wear fasion gear when messing about solo?


I do because I'm usually at max item capacity of USEFUL gear.
So you don't wear fasion gear while solo, why do you care if someone else does? If you'r not interacting with me, then I really don't care what you wear.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#49 Sep 24 2009 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
****
4,720 posts
Shakca wrote:
If your Haste is capped 25%. "Go for it" /Cheer rolf
Walahra Turban +5%
Speed belt +6%
Dusk gloves +1 +4%
Homam pants +3%
Homam feet +3%
Rapparee harness +4%

Totaling 25% Haste. Not only it is the cap, it is also the highest obtainable for THF. Turban will still be better than the bonnet.

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 2:20pm by Jevilwolf
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#50 Sep 24 2009 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Thf/Drg ftw!
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#51 Sep 24 2009 at 3:16 PM Rating: Good
****
4,720 posts
Noodles wrote:
Thf/Drg ftw!
Wyvern earring? Touche.
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)