Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Shen adviceFollow

#1 Mar 03 2010 at 12:59 AM Rating: Decent
Hi guys, I'm putting a Shen run together for my linkshell, and while I have looked at the wiki and other sources for how to succeed in the fight, I wanted to hear from all of you who have done the run. What setups and/or strategies have worked for those of you who have done this fight? Basically any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#2 Mar 03 2010 at 4:44 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,141 posts
avatarofpain wrote:
Hi guys, I'm putting a Shen run together for my linkshell, and while I have looked at the wiki and other sources for how to succeed in the fight, I wanted to hear from all of you who have done the run. What setups and/or strategies have worked for those of you who have done this fight? Basically any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!


Zerg. A bunch of heavy DD 2 houring or a load of BLM.

If it's still alive after 40-60 seconds you may have problems.
____________________________
.
#3 Mar 03 2010 at 5:55 AM Rating: Default
Jack of All Trades
******
28,999 posts
I've never fought Shen and probably never will (Reverend Mail is a blah piece, especially nowadays; I'm not even willing to help people get this because I'd much rather help them get something better) but yeah, from accounts that I've heard, it's generally easiest if you take it down fast.
#4 Mar 03 2010 at 6:52 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
12,914 posts
This fight sounds a hell of a lot harder than it really is. Basically all you do is stick a tank in front of it and a bunch of DD around it. If the fight takes longer than thirty seconds, you're doing it wrong. You don't even need to bother with two hours. It really is a very easy fight.

Edited, Mar 3rd 2010 7:52am by Turin
#5 Mar 05 2010 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,644 posts
This fight is easy but it can go wrong very fast. It's nice if you do have some serious skillchains going off but it can be zerged down with some heavy hitters.

A long time ago peeps would have SAMs sc and MB, it's still a viable strategy but basically it's about going all out very fast.

You can have RDM drop out of the alliance to silence/grav any ele's if they pop.
#6 Mar 05 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
445 posts
My advice for Shen is to not bother. Reverend Mail is junk.
#7 Mar 07 2010 at 3:14 AM Rating: Decent
Guru
*
176 posts
I wouldn't rule out Reverend Mail just yet. There's still a small chance we'll be able to MAKE it useful, with the new "Trial of the Magians" system!

At the very least, if we can get a few points of Attack and Mind on it, then melee loons like myself can ditch the ugly Royal Redingote for something more exciting or exclusive/efficient!

Or, if we find/add enough Haste, we might even be able to justify a Dual Wield Royal Redingote, since we'll have DW3:

DW2+Suppa=20% -> DWRR@3% -> 23% = 3.75% increase
DW3+Suppa=30% -> DWRR@3% -> 33% = 4.29% increase

(for the record, I am still preparing myself for major disappointment, just in case...)

_____
Edit: colors removed

Edited, Mar 8th 2010 6:36am by RyaWHM
____________________________
~ Mjollnir Lv.90 ~ Rya's Site ~ Rya's Videos ~
#8 Mar 07 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
**
548 posts
RyaWHM wrote:
I wouldn't rule out Reverend Mail just yet. There's still a small chance we'll be able to MAKE it useful, with the new "Trial of the Magians" system!

At the very least, if we can get a few points of Attack and Mind on it, then melee loons like myself can ditch the ugly Royal Redingote for something more exciting or exclusive/efficient!

Or, if we find/add enough Haste, we might even be able to justify a Dual Wield Royal Redingote, since we'll have DW3:

DW2+Suppa=20% -> DWRR@3% -> 23% = 3.75% increase
DW3+Suppa=30% -> DWRR@3% -> 33% = 4.29% increase

(for the record, I am still preparing myself for major disappointment, just in case...)


I'm happy that you color coded that because I often find myself having a hard time reading key words that are hidden in sentences.
____________________________
Hidexx wrote:
I want to convey most is to be able to want width of the choice of the weapon to spread to be able to enjoy a player.
#9 Mar 08 2010 at 5:37 AM Rating: Good
Guru
*
176 posts
All you hafta do is ask... (fixed)^^
____________________________
~ Mjollnir Lv.90 ~ Rya's Site ~ Rya's Videos ~
#10 Mar 08 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
Jack of All Trades
******
28,999 posts
Don't take "Jaked" too seriously; his server is about to get nuked anyway.
#11 Mar 08 2010 at 11:18 AM Rating: Decent
**
548 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Don't take "Jaked" too seriously; his server is about to get nuked anyway.


:( R.I.P. garuda..
____________________________
Hidexx wrote:
I want to convey most is to be able to want width of the choice of the weapon to spread to be able to enjoy a player.
#12 Mar 09 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
176 posts
Oddly, I've had about the same number of people say they specifically like my use of colors, versus those who specifically dislike my use of colors.

So, since I prefer a dash of color in my walls of text, I tend to use color until people complain.

But, I never mind taking the formatting out if it's bothering someone. O:)

I'm sorry about your server, btw. :,(
____________________________
~ Mjollnir Lv.90 ~ Rya's Site ~ Rya's Videos ~
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (19)