Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Bored Druid Thread: The Next GenerationFollow

#2027 Nov 12 2013 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
There are things named umnrellas that will help you stay dry when it rains.


Also, I think my PC's power supply died... Of course right before the always expensive December... Just what I needed.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2028 Nov 12 2013 at 7:35 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Yeah, no, umbrellas are not my thing.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#2029 Nov 12 2013 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
******
49,668 posts
Umbrellas are for people who are irrationally afraid of drowning.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2030 Nov 12 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
So, lolgaxe, how'd you like driving on NJ highways in snow?

That was fun. Smiley: glare

How do you get to Trenton, anyway? Please tell me you don't take Route 1...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#2031 Nov 12 2013 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I thought it was for people who want to arrive at work without getting soaking wet.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2032 Nov 12 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
******
49,668 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
So, lolgaxe, how'd you like driving on NJ highways in snow?

That was fun. Smiley: glare

How do you get to Trenton, anyway? Please tell me you don't take Route 1...
Ha ha drive. No way, I taxi and nap while the driver deals with it. Its still kinda snowing now actually, which is great because I'm in a big wooden tower with no heating and lots of open windows. Two light winters in a row and the one I WANT to be mild is early snow. Nature musta read my post about it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2033 Nov 12 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
So, lolgaxe, how'd you like driving on NJ highways in snow?

That was fun. Smiley: glare

How do you get to Trenton, anyway? Please tell me you don't take Route 1...
Ha ha drive. No way, I taxi and nap while the driver deals with it. Its still kinda snowing now actually, which is great because I'm in a big wooden tower with no heating and lots of open windows. Two light winters in a row and the one I WANT to be mild is early snow. Nature musta read my post about it.


Yeah, this fall has been an *******...

I suppose if I had to choose between driving, and being outside in the cold, I'd choose driving. Sucks, man.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#2034 Nov 12 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Good luck Lolgaxe. Sounds like a ****** situation.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2035 Nov 12 2013 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I thought it was for people who want to arrive at work without getting soaking wet.
Umbrellas are for tourists.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#2036 Nov 12 2013 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
******
49,668 posts
I got a nice thick jacket so it's all good.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2037 Nov 12 2013 at 10:55 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I thought it was for people who want to arrive at work without getting soaking wet.


It never rains when I'm outside. It can pour down when I'm inside, but the moment I go out, it's no longer raining. At least, that's what my sergeant taught me.

Really, learning to be apathetic towards minor things like rainfall, walking everywhere, and not eating a hot meal weeks at a time, it's all helped me through my later years. As part of my job being a teacher, I have playground duty at school where I need to make sure the kids don't kill themselves or others while they're on school property. Today it was raining (until I went outside, of course), and while my coworker was putting on all kinds of clothes to keep the rain out, I just walked outside and stood in the misty air for 20 minutes until the bell rang. Didn't even give a sh*t.

They don't teach that stuff, anymore. Military service should be mandatory as we'd get rid of a lot of everyday bullsh*t if it was. People wouldn't ***** about their position in the line if they'd spent a week eating cold, canned food, taking baths in a freezing stream, been on lookout for so long the dew freezes to ice on your clothes, and experienced having to squat in the middle of @#%^ing nowhere, in the dark, flashlight in mouth, toilet paper in one hand and a shovel in the other, taking a dump just as the enemy attacks and your wiping time is reduced to zero.

I guarantee that once you've dealt with that, you will no longer give two sh*ts about how fast you can get your frappuccino.

The rain isn't what's keeping me from the math lecture. The 30-minute walk in said rain isn't what's keeping me from the math lecture. The 30-minute return trip in said rain isn't, either. What's keeping me away is plan C. Being able to not miss anything vital while avoiding all the aforementioned downsides. That's not just great, it's @#%^ing smart, private! That's what military also told me: Be efficient. Going out into the rain, getting a cold, getting sore feet, wasting five hours of my life and possibly two sick days of work... that's not efficient.

Also, I get to enjoy my beer faster this way. Smiley: boozing

Edited, Nov 12th 2013 5:58pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#2038 Nov 12 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Tl;dr: Mazra is a lazy *******.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2039 Nov 12 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Tl;dr: Mazra is aWe're all lazy bastards.


____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#2040 Nov 12 2013 at 12:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Mazra wrote:
and while my coworker was putting on all kinds of clothes to keep the rain out, I just walked outside and stood in the misty air for 20 minutes until the bell rang.
Smiley: dubious

Wait, it was just misting and s/he was layering up?

People. Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#2041 Nov 12 2013 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
That's because it rains 1500mm per year where you live. In Europe we get Ireland and the UK to catch half the rain.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2042 Nov 12 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
You people are like coastal or something though. I mean I bet you live closer to the water than I do, plus we have hills (you'd probably call them mountains) between here and there. Is fog and mist really that uncommon?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#2043 Nov 12 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Not really but having a bunch of islands before the coast helps a lot.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2044 Nov 12 2013 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
England is so much warmer and sunnier than Scotland.

But so is everywhere else I've been... except Denmark. Seriously, the weather there was awful when I visited. But then, I was on an even smaller island.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#2045 Nov 12 2013 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Mazra wrote:
and while my coworker was putting on all kinds of clothes to keep the rain out, I just walked outside and stood in the misty air for 20 minutes until the bell rang.
Smiley: dubious

Wait, it was just misting and s/he was layering up?

People. Smiley: oyvey


It was a reference to my earlier comment that it never rains when I'm outside. It was pouring down.


His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Tl;dr: Mazra is a lazy *******.


Wouldn't claim that I'm lazy. I'll walk five miles if I miss the bus and I'll be able to walk the distance before the next bus arrives. I save the ticket money and I arrive just as fast, or faster. That's not laziness, that's efficiency. Smiley: tongue

Edited, Nov 12th 2013 9:23pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#2046 Nov 12 2013 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,187 posts
Mazra wrote:
~stuff~

So glad Kate's back. The glowing teddy bear gives me nightmares.

____________________________
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
Hermann Goering, April 1946.
#2047 Nov 12 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
****
7,707 posts
Mazra wrote:
Yeah, no, umbrellas are not my thing.


i also refuse to use them, get wet or stay indoors
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#2048 Nov 12 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Yeah, no, umbrellas are not my thing.


i also refuse to use them, get wet or stay indoors

Say that again when it's 8°C instead of 20-25°C.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2049 Nov 12 2013 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
****
7,707 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Yeah, no, umbrellas are not my thing.


i also refuse to use them, get wet or stay indoors

Say that again when it's 8°C instead of 20-25°C.


8°C Smiley: lol me being in 8°C will happen over my dead body

Edited, Nov 12th 2013 5:24pm by Horsemouth
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#2050 Nov 12 2013 at 9:45 PM Rating: Good
Yup, still Horde on Proudmoore. Though the plan is to get my roomie to start playing again, and she used to play Alliance. So I might end up with one alliance character on the server. She's said that she wouldn't mind doing Horde though, so who knows.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#2051 Nov 13 2013 at 5:06 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Yeah, no, umbrellas are not my thing.


i also refuse to use them, get wet or stay indoors

Say that again when it's 8°C instead of 20-25°C.


8°C Smiley: lol me being in 8°C will happen over my dead body
You know the movie Cool Runnings? The moment where they exit the airfield and walk into the cold and snowy landscap for the first time only to run back in and put on all the clothes they brought at once.

My mental image of you is now like that but white.


____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (50)