Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

No shaman FAQ/stickie?Follow

#1 Mar 21 2011 at 9:36 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
689 posts
I've been leveling an enchancement shammy, about to hit 85, and figured I would look here for some uptodate shammy info as the Hunter section has served me well for so many years.

But it seems to be lacking here, current info that is anyways.
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, **** on it and walk away.
#2 Mar 21 2011 at 11:00 PM Rating: Good
**
436 posts
Aye...the ones that we used to have ended up being pretty outdated, so were unstickied. I've been thinking about putting together a Resto/Ele guide, but don't have a ton of time with school lately. Haven't played enhance since BC, so I can't be of much help there.

There is what seems to be a decent guide on the MMO Champion Shaman forums...guides there tend to be less, ah, intense than the ones over at Elitist Jerks :)

PVE Enhancement Shaman Guide

Edited, Mar 21st 2011 10:01pm by Citrustorte
____________________________
85s(Whisperwind, Alliance): Shenya, Frost/Blood DK; Kerawyn, Bear/Resto Druid; Jendara, Resto/Ele Shaman; Kallae, Prot/Ret Paladin; Dovasary, Holy/Shadow Priest.
#3 Mar 22 2011 at 7:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,450 posts
I am looking to throw something together as time permits... time is not permitting right now. That being said, I think we could all put our heads together and write up something, then get it copied into a single post, then go ahead and get that post stickied.
____________________________
Rhodekylle wrote:
In a world where studies show marriages now run into trouble after three years, it is probably to be expected that games lose their enchantment at least as quickly.
#4 Mar 22 2011 at 8:15 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
689 posts
Thanks for the link!
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, **** on it and walk away.
#5 Mar 22 2011 at 8:34 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
689 posts
So after looking at the MMO site, I have a question about the talent specs shown.

http://wowtal.com/#k=ZpAB2pafr.aei.shaman.


Could someone explain why they have the 2 points in ghost wolf over 2 points in totemic reach?

I would think, based on my limited shammy experience, that the totem range would be more beneficial in a dungeon/raid setting than the ability to insta cast into ghost wolf?

Edited, Mar 22nd 2011 7:34pm by Xizervexius
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, **** on it and walk away.
#6 Mar 22 2011 at 11:42 PM Rating: Good
**
436 posts
To be honest, in a raid setting, a lot of our buffs are being provided by other classes. And you'll likely be dropping totems that benefit melee, and you'll be close to the melee anyway. I've found myself using ghost wolf A LOT lately in order to get out of stuff faster...and it's not much use as a "oh **** run faster" button if you have to sit there and cast it.
____________________________
85s(Whisperwind, Alliance): Shenya, Frost/Blood DK; Kerawyn, Bear/Resto Druid; Jendara, Resto/Ele Shaman; Kallae, Prot/Ret Paladin; Dovasary, Holy/Shadow Priest.
#7 Mar 23 2011 at 4:38 AM Rating: Good
****
7,545 posts
Xizervexius wrote:
So after looking at the MMO site, I have a question about the talent specs shown.

http://wowtal.com/#k=ZpAB2pafr.aei.shaman.


Could someone explain why they have the 2 points in ghost wolf over 2 points in totemic reach?

I would think, based on my limited shammy experience, that the totem range would be more beneficial in a dungeon/raid setting than the ability to insta cast into ghost wolf?

Edited, Mar 22nd 2011 7:34pm by Xizervexius


Run speed is awesome for everything but the most casual of play; whether it be heroic, raiding or PvP. And yes 15% is way better than 7%. Insta GW is a nice side benefit.

Most raids you can plop totems down somewhere where they will reach everyone anyway.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#8 Mar 23 2011 at 9:45 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,094 posts
Xizervexius wrote:
enchancement


I'd played WoW for years and have been coming to these forums for years, and after all that this still irks me.

In other news, Paracleets wrote the old one, I updated it sometime in Wrath. I quit in Cata. Wasn't Aethian supposed to write it for Cata? Or even Para, didn't he come back for Cata?
#9 Mar 23 2011 at 11:46 PM Rating: Good
**
436 posts
There was a discussion about it pre-cata, I believe...I almost think Theo said something about pitching in, I'll have to see if I can find the thread. If anyone wants to collaborate on getting one set up, I've raided as both Resto and Elemental, and am happy to help out where I can. Just don't have a whole ton of time with college going atm.
____________________________
85s(Whisperwind, Alliance): Shenya, Frost/Blood DK; Kerawyn, Bear/Resto Druid; Jendara, Resto/Ele Shaman; Kallae, Prot/Ret Paladin; Dovasary, Holy/Shadow Priest.
#10 Mar 24 2011 at 7:48 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,450 posts
Yeah... that seems to be the problem, we do not have any deadbeats living in their mom's basements that play shaman. Guess we are going to have to put the time in.
____________________________
Rhodekylle wrote:
In a world where studies show marriages now run into trouble after three years, it is probably to be expected that games lose their enchantment at least as quickly.
#11 Mar 25 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
689 posts
Actually that was an honest typo, but I do see the humour in it now.
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, **** on it and walk away.
#12 Mar 27 2011 at 3:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,094 posts
Xizervexius wrote:
Actually that was an honest typo, but I do see the humour in it now.


I've just seen it so many times that I assumed it wasn't. Honestly, every person who wasn't a regular, or every other, who posted in the Shaman forums on here or on the official forums, spelled it like that.
#13 Jun 22 2011 at 11:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,233 posts
I did come back for 85 Cestin, unfortunately this website (among many others) were permanently blocked by my work's ISP firewall. So I just didn't have the time available to update and rewrite the FAQ. ;;

While I did enjoy myself and the expansion while I was playing, I have since retired my account. I loved playing my Shaman, and I hope more people can continue to play and love the class as I have.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#14 Jun 25 2011 at 12:57 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,094 posts
Paracleets wrote:
I did come back for 85 Cestin, unfortunately this website (among many others) were permanently blocked by my work's ISP firewall. So I just didn't have the time available to update and rewrite the FAQ. ;;

While I did enjoy myself and the expansion while I was playing, I have since retired my account. I loved playing my Shaman, and I hope more people can continue to play and love the class as I have.


Bolded is some lols.

But yea I never went back either. I just play League of Legends nowadays. (Join us.)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (29)