Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The Priest Accomplishment ThreadFollow

#177 Mar 08 2010 at 2:25 AM Rating: Good
*
110 posts
1. I ran Gnomeregan for the first time last night. Took the role of healer even though my spec at 29 was leaning heavily toward shadow. Did great and kept everyone alive. Tank said I could run with him any time.

2. Not technically an accomplishment: I found a sweet piece of cloth back armor at the auction house that raised armor, intellect and spirit for 1g25s. Not wearable until level 30.

3. I just made level 30 about 20 minutes ago.

It's been a great weekend.
#178 Mar 08 2010 at 4:55 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Moanique wrote:
1. I ran Gnomeregan for the first time last night. Took the role of healer even though my spec at 29 was leaning heavily toward shadow. Did great and kept everyone alive. Tank said I could run with him any time.


Okay, I'll be the one to say this: If you enjoy healing and consider doing it more often from now on but still want to solo a fair bit, get Smite Spec. Later on, healing as Shadow is painful.

If that sounds interesting to you, just ask. I think most regulars here know the spec by heart.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#179 Mar 08 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
SMITE SPEC!




I need admin for the large and blink tags Smiley: frown
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#180 Mar 08 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,684 posts
Pfff, you and your **** smite spec.

<Puntime>
SMITE ME.
</Puntime>
____________________________
"My guildy Kasdaye" wrote:
Gearscore for raiders is like Goldshire for roleplayers.
#181 Mar 08 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
**
422 posts
Got into a functional ICC 10 and 25 PUG, and pushed past 5.4k gs. Also helped a friend out in Naxx 10 for the achieve, and after the better part of a year finally got that **** wand!
#182 Mar 09 2010 at 12:03 AM Rating: Good
7 posts
Salutations, all. Random lurker here. Just did a guild run in randoms. I was the only one NOT an 80, level 76. I pulled off second best DPS only falling to the lock, beating the other shadow priest who was in the run as well. He's in full epics.

Also as a side note, Violet Hold doesn't seem like much of "run." I spend most of my time in a very limited zone...
#183 Mar 09 2010 at 3:54 AM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts

Quote:
Also as a side note, Violet Hold doesn't seem like much of "run." I spend most of my time in a very limited zone...


You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing. Throw a renew, a shield, tab out, read forums, flash heal, get a cup of tea. Since the tank can't speedpull his way, you don't have to pay much attention.

But you will come to hate Halls of Reflection with a bad pug though...
#184 Mar 09 2010 at 7:31 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,074 posts
Nubkek wrote:

You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing.


VH used to suck so bad when you got the blueberry boss and nobody knew how to deal with him yet and you were all doing heroics in your questing gear.
#185 Mar 09 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Excellent
**
717 posts
teacake wrote:
Nubkek wrote:

You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing.


VH used to suck so bad when you got the blueberry boss and nobody knew how to deal with him yet and you were all doing heroics in your questing gear.

I used to dread hearing "Back in business" in there. >.<
____________________________
When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
#186 Mar 09 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
Trylofer wrote:
teacake wrote:
Nubkek wrote:

You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing.


VH used to suck so bad when you got the blueberry boss and nobody knew how to deal with him yet and you were all doing heroics in your questing gear.

I used to dread hearing "Back in business" in there. >.<

I still cringe at these two bosses in PUGs. Why? Because I still see people who don't know to kill the void spawn, and people that don't know how to kite that ethereal *******. It's really sad when your group should be able to down bosses with little to no effort, only to have someone say, "I didn't know that I needed to kill the mobs when I was phased" - after you say in /party, "When you get phased, kill the adds". Smiley: banghead


Edited for clarification.

Edited, Mar 9th 2010 12:09pm by Wondroustremor
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
#187 Mar 09 2010 at 5:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,684 posts
*Breaks through a wall*
OH YEAH!

I'm happy. Now I can go back to slacking again in raids.
____________________________
"My guildy Kasdaye" wrote:
Gearscore for raiders is like Goldshire for roleplayers.
#188 Mar 10 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Nubkek wrote:
You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing. Throw a renew, a shield, tab out, read forums, flash heal, get a cup of tea. Since the tank can't speedpull his way, you don't have to pay much attention.

But you will come to hate Halls of Reflection with a bad pug though...
VH isn't relaxing.
It's Holy fire > Smite spam! > Oh yeah, I'm outdpsing the tank and one dps! I'm awesome! > Oh **** the tank is almost dead > Penance! > OHNO the dps is ahead of me again, pop cooldowns and spam more smites!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#189 Mar 11 2010 at 4:17 AM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
Quote:
VH isn't relaxing.
It's Holy fire > Smite spam! > Oh yeah, I'm outdpsing the tank and one dps! I'm awesome! > Oh sh*t the tank is almost dead > Penance! > OHNO the dps is ahead of me again, pop cooldowns and spam more smites!


Beating them on my tank is enough, I dont want to loose my faith in pug dps even more by outsmiting them.
#190 Mar 11 2010 at 5:05 AM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Oh sh*t the tank is almost dead


This is why I'm not a giant fan of trying to beat the dps when I come in as the healer. My focus becomes the dps and meters, when my attention should be back on playing whack-a-mole on the healthbars.
____________________________
Wahu - Disc Priest (main)
Get an Authenticator!!
#191 Mar 11 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
The Honorable dadanox wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Oh sh*t the tank is almost dead


This is why I'm not a giant fan of trying to beat the dps when I come in as the healer. My focus becomes the dps and meters, when my attention should be back on playing whack-a-mole on the healthbars.


I find trying to concentrate on more than one thing is a good way of keeping yourself from going into tunnel vision mode. Or rather training yourself not to go into tunnel vision mode. And that has to be a good thing, right?
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#192 Mar 13 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
It's mostly to counter the boredom of old heroics, dpsing makes them fun and sometimes gives me a reason to use some cooldowns.



Not that I've actually done anything on my priest lately, or on any character but my druid really.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#193 Mar 16 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
This warrants a doublepost:
3539.3 dps on Volkhan in heroic Lightning Halls.
Screenshot
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#194 Mar 16 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Wondroustremor the Flatulent wrote:
Trylofer wrote:
teacake wrote:
Nubkek wrote:

You will notice however, that healing VH is very relaxing.


VH used to suck so bad when you got the blueberry boss and nobody knew how to deal with him yet and you were all doing heroics in your questing gear.

I used to dread hearing "Back in business" in there. >.<

I still cringe at these two bosses in PUGs. Why? Because I still see people who don't know to kill the void spawn, and people that don't know how to kite that ethereal *******. It's really sad when your group should be able to down bosses with little to no effort, only to have someone say, "I didn't know that I needed to kill the mobs when I was phased" - after you say in /party, "When you get phased, kill the adds". Smiley: banghead]


Most don't kill the void spawns because

a. They want the achievement
b. The boss dies ~15 seconds after the void spawns appear.

I see why it would be a problem back in the days, but nowadays people vastly outgear such things and it presents no great danger. The ethereal is still nasty and I understand why some have issues tanking him. Kiting is one thing, but keeping him within range of the orbs all the time to prevent the teleport is kinda hard.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#195 Mar 18 2010 at 2:40 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
So I did my first instance as shadow yesterday (Violet Hold).

1. It's fun, even if I constantly mess up my rotation because I forget my keybinds.
2. Even with messing up my rotation, I still did 1400 DPS at level 76, doing this for the first time since 2.3 or so.
3. Mana efficiency is amazing.
4. I have half an offset now.
5. Did I mention it's fun? I'm gonna stay Disc for most stuff, both are equally fun, but this was a nice change. And I genuinely think Blizz succeeded in making it more fun than it was back in 2.3.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#196 Mar 18 2010 at 3:17 AM Rating: Good
****
7,718 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's mostly to counter the boredom of old heroics, dpsing makes them fun and sometimes gives me a reason to use some cooldowns.



Not that I've actually done anything on my priest lately, or on any character but my druid really.


This is good.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#197 Mar 18 2010 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
It's not because my druid is that awesome, just that I have no time anymore.
I'm pretty much busy taking photos all the time Smiley: grin
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#198 Mar 21 2010 at 5:52 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
So I dumped Skinning on my priest yesterday, as I decided that Enchanting would be much more useful as I approach 80, and proceeded to level Enchanting up to 355, so I can disenchant stuff that drops in random dungeons. So far, so good.

I spent 1.5k gold on that, and 1k on Cold Weather Flying within the last few days and it doesn't feel good to waste money, in game or not. :/


Also, I suck at shaman healing. Which makes me <3 my priestie even more.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#199 Mar 21 2010 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
****
5,599 posts
Kalivha wrote:
Also, I suck at shaman healing. Which makes me <3 my priestie even more.


In my guild, everyone sucks at shaman healing. There are only those who suck less than the others.

The "others" just respec to enhance.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#200 Mar 22 2010 at 4:46 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I have to say that I'm not that good at shaman healing either.
Somehow, Disc makes a lot more sense and feels much better.

But I am a paranoid healer, I always want everyone to be topped off.
So shields are <3
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#201 Mar 22 2010 at 5:07 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Mazra said it should get better as I near 80.

My feeling is just that I am lacking shields, I am lacking Penance - the closest thing I have is Riptide > Lesser Healing Wave, I run out of mana constantly and if I do need to AoE heal (which rarely happens on my priest to begin with, thanks to shields and Renew), Chain Heal just fails half the time because people aren't standing close enough together. And generally the tank constantly dies, but I'm not sure if that is because the tank is a random PuG, as opposed to someone from my guild who can tank.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)