Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Bored Druid ThreadFollow

#22602 Jul 05 2013 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I don't feel guilty about 300+ calorie beers. Then again I'm still borderline underweight so yeah...
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22603 Jul 05 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I only feel guilty about stuff when it isn't as delicious as its calorie count says it should be.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22604 Jul 05 2013 at 11:11 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Like eating a liter of triple chocolate ice cream with enough calories in it to feed a small African country. The first couple of spoonfuls are excellent, but then you begin to realize that the "cream" they used in it probably never saw the inside of a cow's udder.

Sometimes, less is more.

Now, once my blood sugar calms down, I'm going to see if the tiramisu ice cream is any better.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22605 Jul 05 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I dunno about you guys but I just had a party. One of my cousins graduated and is moving to Uganda for a year and both of his sisters just graduated as well so big party which meant lots of free beer.

I am more than a little tipsy but it was genuinely fun and that's not a conclusion I come to often after a party involving lots of people I barely know.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22606 Jul 05 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
We just finished having a discussion about whether or not we can use the same discriminate function to evaluate 4+ peptides that we do for 3+ peptides, or if we should try and derive a new one.

Your thing sounds like more fun.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#22607 Jul 05 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I would agree with you but I have no idea what peptides are so I cannot compare them to drinking beer.


I suspect that talking about peptides is less entertaining than free beer, BBQ, bitterballen and talking about I can't even remember what anymore.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22608 Jul 05 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Peptides = work.

Almost anything involving beer is better than almost anything involving work.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#22609 Jul 05 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
That kinda just means you should look for new work.




And seriously, what are peptides? I have heard the term (either from you or Kali or Androo) but I can't recall what they are.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22610 Jul 05 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
I'm not sure there's much work out there that's more fun than beer, and those jobs are probably hard to get anyway.

Peptides are chunks of proteins. Proteins are too big for us to work with, so we chop them up into little bits (peptides) first, then try and put the pieces back together later. It's like taking apart all your furniture so you can fit it out your door to move to a new place. Then trying to reassemble it all once you get there. It never works as well as it should, and you always loose something and break something else, but by some miracle you have enough complete furniture to call the new place home.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#22611 Jul 05 2013 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Why are proteins too big to work with? (genuinely curious about that).
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22612 Jul 05 2013 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Hey Protein, since you're all into proteins and stuff, I read an article that some of our scientists may have discovered how some kind of malaria works. Apparently they discovered which kind of protein the parasites work via or whatever. Kinda spaced out after reading the headline.

http://cphpost.dk/news/scitech/scientists-make-ground-breaking-malaria-discovery
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22613 Jul 06 2013 at 1:34 AM Rating: Good
****
7,634 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
There is a world of difference between cooking and being a chef too. I'm not a bad cook at all but I would crumble in about half an hour in a professional kitchen due to the stress. The long hours and having to live only for the restaurant you work at would just make it worse.


the time actually flies by. well mostly, usually the start of a shift is during slow time so you do prep. then wait. then get slammed for 3-5 hours then wait for people to leave the last hour or so so you can start getting crunk.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22614 Jul 06 2013 at 1:54 AM Rating: Good
Here is an example of the stuff we talk about in my class. We've already read Twelfth Night, and we did talk about the bit they mention in the article.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#22615 Jul 06 2013 at 2:19 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
There is a world of difference between cooking and being a chef too. I'm not a bad cook at all but I would crumble in about half an hour in a professional kitchen due to the stress. The long hours and having to live only for the restaurant you work at would just make it worse.


the time actually flies by. well mostly, usually the start of a shift is during slow time so you do prep. then wait. then get slammed for 3-5 hours then wait for people to leave the last hour or so so you can start getting crunk.
About twice a year I go all out and cook a fancy meal for my family, the stress and multitasking I have to do there are enough for me to know I would not make it through crunch time in a restaurant kitchen.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22616 Jul 06 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
the time actually flies by. well mostly, usually the start of a shift is during slow time so you do prep. then wait. then get slammed for 3-5 hours then wait for people to leave the last hour or so so you can start getting crunk.


I now picture you as a beach chef, cooking up some steaks at a beachside restaurant, wearing slippers, shorts and a sleeveless shirt while having a few beers on the side.

It's awesome.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22617 Jul 06 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Hmmm steak.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22618 Jul 06 2013 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
****
7,634 posts
Mazra wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
the time actually flies by. well mostly, usually the start of a shift is during slow time so you do prep. then wait. then get slammed for 3-5 hours then wait for people to leave the last hour or so so you can start getting crunk.


I now picture you as a beach chef, cooking up some steaks at a beachside restaurant, wearing slippers, shorts and a sleeveless shirt while having a few beers on the side.

It's awesome.


i cooked my way through college. i work in an office these days using my skool learnins.

otherwise the imagery is correct. just with more beer.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22619 Jul 06 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Wooh beer!


Also, should I ever visit Hawaii you are going to cook me a steak and/or freshly caught fish.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22620 Jul 07 2013 at 3:46 AM Rating: Good
****
7,634 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Wooh beer!


Also, should I ever visit Hawaii you are going to cook me a steak and/or freshly caught fish.


i will cook steak while we fish, then cook any fish we catch.

this will involve beer. lots of beer.

and be at the beach.

where there are also many many girls

and

beers

.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22621 Jul 07 2013 at 5:24 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
I'd move to Hawaii if it wasn't for the sun and the heat.

Neither of those agree with my Norse heritage.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22622 Jul 07 2013 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
From what I know, it doesn't get that hot there. I mean, still as hot as Denmark ever gets but that's not saying too much. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22623 Jul 07 2013 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
The reason we can get decent temperatures is because we've got island climate, like Hawaii. The difference is that Hawaii has a tropical climate while we have a temperate climate.

Sure, we get some extremes, like +36ºC (97ºF) in the summer of '75, and -31ºC (-24ºF) back in the winter of '82, but mostly it's just chilly all year. We're in mid-summer here and I have to put on a shirt once the sun goes down.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22624 Jul 07 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
I used to think that I preferred the cold, but really when it comes to cold I'm a little *****. Give me heat and I'll be just fine. Sweating, but fine.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#22625 Jul 07 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
The nice thing about Jersey is that it gets ridiculously ******* cold in the winter and ridiculously ******* hot and humid and the summer.

It's awesome.



Smiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: mad
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22626 Jul 07 2013 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
I prefer the cold, because I can always put on more clothes.

It's also really hard for me to peak in PvP when my mouse is skidding around in a pool of sweat.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22627 Jul 07 2013 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
I used to think that I preferred the cold, but really when it comes to cold I'm a little *****. Give me heat and I'll be just fine. Sweating, but fine.
You're from Texas, do you even know what cold is? Smiley: tongue

Mazra wrote:
I prefer the cold, because I can always put on more clothes.

It's also really hard for me to peak in PvP when my mouse is skidding around in a pool of sweat.
Same, once it gets above 25°C here it gets humid and awful. I prefer -10°C and snow and ice.


Also, I think it's around 25-30°C in Hawaii all year? Just with more or less rain to tell the difference between seasons.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22628 Jul 07 2013 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Yeah, I hate hot weather. I don't even think fondly of tropical vacations. I want it to be just warm enough for swimming, and not a degree beyond that.

Today it's 93 (33.8 C), with a feels like temp of 104 (40 C). That's not even bad by summer standards, here. Smiley: frown
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22629 Jul 07 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
That's when you stay in close proximity to a fridge filled with beer to pass the day.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22630 Jul 07 2013 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
****
7,634 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Yeah, I hate hot weather. I don't even think fondly of tropical vacations. I want it to be just warm enough for swimming, and not a degree beyond that.

Today it's 93 (33.8 C), with a feels like temp of 104 (40 C). That's not even bad by summer standards, here. Smiley: frown


it usually doesn't get that hot here.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22631 Jul 07 2013 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
In the summer, NJ will typically hover in the high 80s. Our small heat waves will bring us into the mid-high 90s, and the bad heat waves will bring us over 100.

/sigh
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22632 Jul 07 2013 at 5:18 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
****, Digg, do you live on the prairie or something?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22633 Jul 07 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Clearly that means you need to move to Hawaii.





Or Denmark.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22634 Jul 07 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Just make sure you don't mind being surrounded by water all the time. Some people can't handle that. Not sure what the English word for it is, but people go crazy.

Denmark isn't as bad as Hawaii, I'd imagine, since we do have a peninsula, but we're such a flat country that you can pretty much see the ocean from anywhere on the islands as soon as you get just a couple of hundred feet above sea level. My parents live in the northeastern part of Zealand (red area), and once you get above the trees, you can see Sweden (it's the green area east of the red area).
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22635 Jul 07 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
One of my best friends went to school in Hawaii. According to her, our summers are way worse than anything there. Sure, it's essentially always summer there. But that means temperatures in the 60s to 80s. Their average temperature is only 3 degrees higher than ours is in the summer (88 vs 85), but we tend to have much higher humidity, and more frequent (and more intense) heat waves.

Smiley: frown
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22636 Jul 07 2013 at 8:45 PM Rating: Good
****
7,634 posts
lololololololol
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22637 Jul 07 2013 at 9:46 PM Rating: Good
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
In the summer, NJ will typically hover in the high 80s. Our small heat waves will bring us into the mid-high 90s, and the bad heat waves will bring us over 100.

/sigh


Sounds bad.

I know, I know, it's different. A lot of people up there don't have AC, etc.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#22638 Jul 08 2013 at 4:02 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
So do many Texans die because they melt from the heat during the summer? Or does it just smell like BBQ everywhere in Texas because of all the grilled people?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22639 Jul 08 2013 at 6:14 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
In the summer, NJ will typically hover in the high 80s. Our small heat waves will bring us into the mid-high 90s, and the bad heat waves will bring us over 100.

/sigh


Sounds bad.

I know, I know, it's different. A lot of people up there don't have AC, etc.


Honestly, it's not even the heat that kills us, it's the humidity. Today's humidity is 80%. Smiley: cry
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22640 Jul 08 2013 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Seriously, dry heat is so much easier to deal with.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22641 Jul 08 2013 at 7:47 AM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
I prefer heat over cold. Much easier to remove a layer than it is to put one on.

Deja vu?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22642 Jul 08 2013 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
So how does that go when you're naked and still feel like you are boiling inside?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22643 Jul 08 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
You leave the sauna.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22644 Jul 08 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Yeah, see, saunas I like because there are cold baths nearby too. When it's hot outside all day and there are no refreshing cold bath nearby the fun is hard to find.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22645 Jul 08 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
The worst is going to Kuwait during the late Spring early Summer months. The exact second you step off the plane is like getting hit by that industrial strength hairdryer from Spaceballs. You literally can't breath for a second. You get used to it pretty quick though, especially if you don't really have air conditioning.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22646 Jul 08 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
The only similar thing I have experienced is when I had a couple hour stop at an airfield in Qatar whe going to and coming back home from Tibet. 17°C in the plane, 39°C desert heat outside (at ******* 8 in the morning) less than 20°C in the bus going from the plane to the airport, desert heat again and then cold enough to dig out the sweaters in the airport. Each transition felt like a punch to the face with either heat or cold.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#22647 Jul 08 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
The normally crappy AC at work is going insane today and it's freezing inside. I've been shivering for hours now. Thankfully, I could roll my sleeves back down...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22648 Jul 08 2013 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The worst is going to Kuwait during the late Spring early Summer months. The exact second you step off the plane is like getting hit by that industrial strength hairdryer from Spaceballs. You literally can't breath for a second. You get used to it pretty quick though, especially if you don't really have air conditioning.


I've experienced that sensation a couple of times. Mostly in France, after shopping in an air conditioned mall and then stepping out onto the parking lot, but I've also tried it when I flew to Tunisia and Turkey. In the former case, we were dumped straight onto the airstrip from the plane, because terminals are overrated, or whatever, and we had to keep moving to prevent the soles on our boots from melting to the ground.

Out of curiosity, are your roads made of concrete or tarmac?

We use tarmac for everything, but it starts to melt as soon as the temperature gets above normal. I can only imagine what it would do to tarmac roads in your countries where the temperature is crazy all the time. I've noticed that southern countries tend to use concrete (or something similar) instead, probably because it doesn't melt like tarmac. It just cracks instead, especially in the countries with large temperature swings, like in the Alps.

The worst part of warm weather is when you go to sleep and you're still sweating. I'm not the kind of person who needs sub-zero temperatures to sleep (my parents are), but when I'm sweating, I just can't fall asleep.

Edited, Jul 8th 2013 6:53pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22649 Jul 08 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Mazra wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
The worst is going to Kuwait during the late Spring early Summer months. The exact second you step off the plane is like getting hit by that industrial strength hairdryer from Spaceballs. You literally can't breath for a second. You get used to it pretty quick though, especially if you don't really have air conditioning.


I've experienced that sensation a couple of times. Mostly in France, after shopping in an air conditioned mall and then stepping out onto the parking lot, but I've also tried it when I flew to Tunisia and Turkey. In the former case, we were dumped straight onto the airstrip from the plane, because terminals are overrated, or whatever, and we had to keep moving to prevent the soles on our boots from melting to the ground.

Out of curiosity, are your roads made of concrete or tarmac?

We use tarmac for everything, but it starts to melt as soon as the temperature gets above normal. I can only imagine what it would do to tarmac roads in your countries where the temperature is crazy all the time. I've noticed that southern countries tend to use concrete (or something similar) instead, probably because it doesn't melt like tarmac. It just cracks instead, especially in the countries with large temperature swings, like in the Alps.

The worst part of warm weather is when you go to sleep and you're still sweating. I'm not the kind of person who needs sub-zero temperatures to sleep (my parents are), but when I'm sweating, I just can't fall asleep.

Edited, Jul 8th 2013 6:53pm by Mazra


If by concrete you mean asphalt concrete, then that. We just call it asphalt here. Concrete colloquially means this stuff.

I bet some places still have tarmac. But only if they haven't been repaved in years. It's essentially all dirt (boonies), gravel (rare), or asphalt (everything else). You'll have occasional stretches of concretes, particularly on bridged areas, but that's rare.


Also, when I was in Tennessee when I was... 11 or so... my sandals started melting to my feet. That wasn't awesome.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#22650 Jul 08 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
******
44,512 posts
Mazra wrote:
Out of curiosity, are your roads made of concrete or tarmac?
I'm almost certain it's asphalt concrete, which from my understanding means it's good in all weather, but requires about a hundred million years of work to complete if all the construction is to be believed.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22651 Jul 08 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Oh, yeah, asphalt concrete...

I may have used the word 'tarmac' incorrectly. We use asphalt concrete as well. Ours must be a blend with lots of asphalt, because it gets sticky in the sun.

Edited, Jul 8th 2013 8:56pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 41 All times are in CST
idiggory, Anonymous Guests (40)