Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Bored Druid ThreadFollow

#18552 Oct 26 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
Smiley: lol

I just moused over that, and wtf? I think I got all the info I care to know about the thread from the title.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18553 Oct 26 2012 at 12:07 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
It's actually pretty sciency. The guy is trying to determine if glucose affects the taste of ***** because of the rumor/myth that pineapples make ***** taste better. Also because apparently diabetics have better tasting *****.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18554 Oct 26 2012 at 12:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's actually pretty sciency. The guy is trying to determine if glucose affects the taste of ***** because of the rumor/myth that pineapples make ***** taste better. Also because apparently diabetics have better tasting *****.


Huh interesting. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down eh?

I'd guess it'd be something more physiological rather than diet-related, just simply because of the amount of processing of the food that goes on between digestion and sperm production. Total speculation though. Score one for diabetics I guess? Smiley: lol
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18555 Oct 26 2012 at 12:16 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Great way to test for blood sugar levels.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18556 Oct 26 2012 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Not a big fan of porters. I like some but overall prefer pale ales and stouts.
You do realize that porters and stouts are essentially the exact same thing, right?

A stout beer originally meant nothing more than strong beer and at some point people began to call stout porters stouts and that slowly evolved into what we know now as stouts. And if you look at the broad range of available stouts and porters being made today it's clear that the only reason we differentiate between them is because we always kind of have and people name things either stout or porter.
Stouts tend to be smoother and porters sharper and hoppier, well at least that is how I feel.

I've never really had a hoppy porter. They're all pretty **** low in terms of IBUs. Though that's coming from someone on the west coast. We have some crazy hop bombs here.
What the difference between stouts and porters is according to you really is pretty much entirely dependent on which ones you've had as realistically, there's just no difference beyond the name. Also, porters and stouts tend to be around 50 IBU, imperial porters/stouts may get a lot higher than that even. It's just not as hoppy because there's a massive amount of malt to balance it out.

Edited, Oct 26th 2012 12:37pm by Aethien

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not a fan of hoppy beers, and porters and stouts taste much more balanced than an IPA for example, even though they may be in the 50-70 IBU range.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#18557 Oct 26 2012 at 12:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Great way to test for blood sugar levels.


$2 says Pfizer is already looking to patent it.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18558 Oct 26 2012 at 12:49 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
What the difference between stouts and porters is according to you really is pretty much entirely dependent on which ones you've had as realistically, there's just no difference beyond the name. Also, porters and stouts tend to be around 50 IBU, imperial porters/stouts may get a lot higher than that even. It's just not as hoppy because there's a massive amount of malt to balance it out.

Edited, Oct 26th 2012 12:37pm by Aethien

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not a fan of hoppy beers, and porters and stouts taste much more balanced than an IPA for example, even though they may be in the 50-70 IBU range.
Significant difference though. IBU is nothing more than how bitter something is from hops. It doesn't say much about actual bitterness or anything other than how much hops were used. For instance, Flying Dog and Bredog recently made a 0 IBU IPA, both were very bitter (and very tasty) but neither used hops. And as I mentioned, stouts and porters use piles of hops and have high IBU but they have even more malt to balance it out which gives them a coffee or chocolate kind of bitterness as opposed to the piney bitterness of hoppy beers (which, for the record, you should try because at some point it clicks and they become awesome. Start with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or if you can get it Three Floyds' Zombie Dust). Also, since you're big on wine you should try to get your hands on some Rodenbach Grand Cru and/or Duchesse Du Bourgogne. Both are beers I think You'll appreciate. Also Carnegie Porter (or other baltic porters) assuming they've been aged for a year or two since that gives them a delicate red wine like acidity alongside the chocolate and dark fruits of the porter which makes for an absolutely smashing combination.

Edited, Oct 26th 2012 8:57pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18559 Oct 26 2012 at 2:41 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
What the difference between stouts and porters is according to you really is pretty much entirely dependent on which ones you've had as realistically, there's just no difference beyond the name. Also, porters and stouts tend to be around 50 IBU, imperial porters/stouts may get a lot higher than that even. It's just not as hoppy because there's a massive amount of malt to balance it out.

Edited, Oct 26th 2012 12:37pm by Aethien

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not a fan of hoppy beers, and porters and stouts taste much more balanced than an IPA for example, even though they may be in the 50-70 IBU range.
Significant difference though. IBU is nothing more than how bitter something is from hops. It doesn't say much about actual bitterness or anything other than how much hops were used. For instance, Flying Dog and Bredog recently made a 0 IBU IPA, both were very bitter (and very tasty) but neither used hops. And as I mentioned, stouts and porters use piles of hops and have high IBU but they have even more malt to balance it out which gives them a coffee or chocolate kind of bitterness as opposed to the piney bitterness of hoppy beers (which, for the record, you should try because at some point it clicks and they become awesome. Start with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or if you can get it Three Floyds' Zombie Dust). Also, since you're big on wine you should try to get your hands on some Rodenbach Grand Cru and/or Duchesse Du Bourgogne. Both are beers I think You'll appreciate. Also Carnegie Porter (or other baltic porters) assuming they've been aged for a year or two since that gives them a delicate red wine like acidity alongside the chocolate and dark fruits of the porter which makes for an absolutely smashing combination.

Edited, Oct 26th 2012 8:57pm by Aethien

I've been trying to get a taste for IPAs and other hoppy beers, it just hasn't clicked for me yet. I'm lucky in that I live around a lot of great brewing, so I can get pretty good IPAs and stuff like that.

Sierra Nevada is really easy to get out here, I'm just not a huge fan.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#18560 Oct 27 2012 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Anderson Valley makes a pretty nice accessible IPA as wel, (Hop Ottin' IPA) and I don't know if you can get Left Hand easily but their 400 pound monkey is another IPA that is not too heavy on the hops.


Also, got to love waking up to a nice, heart warming 9°C inside.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18561 Oct 27 2012 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
9ºC inside? Holy crap. Sounds like the last three winters for me, but now that they've finally put up the new insulation and windows, it's so hot in here! Smiley: sly

Seriously, though, it's the first time in three years I've been able to wear just a sleeveless in late October without freezing my tits off.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18562 Oct 27 2012 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I have my windows open during the night though so that's why.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18563 Oct 27 2012 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
I find that fresh air is overrated, and I hate sleeping where there's a cold draft. Not only do I get a headache the next day, but the movement of air on my face keeps setting of false alarms in my head. Usually a draft in my bedroom means that a window or door has been opened somewhere, which means a potential night-time visitor, either human or arachnid. Regardless, my mind insists that I need to get out of bed and check it, even if I'm the one who left the window open. Just in case...
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18564 Oct 27 2012 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,871 posts
After spending years in dorm rooms, I have trouble sleeping when the window is closed.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#18565 Oct 27 2012 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
I keep windows open all the time in the summer and spring, other times, not so much.
In the winter I keep a window open after a hot shower and the chilly breeze feels amazing.

Also, Them Crooked Vultures is ******* awesome.
#18566 Oct 27 2012 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
They're awesome, yeah. Saw them live in 2010. We ended up in the pit by accident and it was win.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18567 Oct 27 2012 at 5:21 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,871 posts
The game Lolgaxe never knew he needed.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#18568 Oct 28 2012 at 12:52 AM Rating: Good
Working at a haunted house is a blast. I highly recommend it. I've been playing the part of a ****, non-sparkly vampire.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18569 Oct 28 2012 at 3:47 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
Mazra wrote:
Saw them live in 2010

I'm a bit jealous about that. I just found out about them.
Apparently they're making a second album though, gotta see them live then!
#18570 Oct 28 2012 at 3:59 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
Working at a haunted house is a blast. I highly recommend it. I've been playing the part of a ****, non-sparkly vampire.
Historically inaccurate though. If legends are to be believed female vampires were closer to demons than humans. Although if you find a naked, winged woman with large teeth and claws **** than I guess it's ok to call it a **** vampire. Smiley: tongue

smunks wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Saw them live in 2010

I'm a bit jealous about that. I just found out about them.
Apparently they're making a second album though, gotta see them live then!
I'll help you hope they do more than a few odd shows. What with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme more than a little occupied by their main bands and I don't think John Paul Jones is still looking for a very full schedule either although at least his other band won't ask much from him. edit: of course, Foo fighters are on hiatus atm, forgot about that... QotSA have supposedly started recording a new album a few months ago though and maybe Dave will make another Probot album(one can hope, no?)


Also, my cat is lying in my lap and purring so much it's like I have a phone on vibrate in my lap...



Edited, Oct 28th 2012 12:09pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18571 Oct 28 2012 at 4:16 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
I sure hope that I get to see them.
I hope I'll have some money saved up for next summer to go to Roskilde or some other big festival like that.

I've got tickets for two gigs now; Muse this december and The Killers for february.
#18572 Oct 28 2012 at 12:24 PM Rating: Good
It's Halloween, I'm entitled to some creative license. As long as I'm not a Twilight vampire.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18573 Oct 28 2012 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
Working at a haunted house is a blast. I highly recommend it. I've been playing the part of a ****, non-sparkly vampire.
Historically inaccurate though. If legends are to be believed female vampires were closer to demons than humans. Although if you find a naked, winged woman with large teeth and claws **** than I guess it's ok to call it a **** vampire. Smiley: tongue


Not entirely correct, either. The "original" vampires from most cultures were female and of ordinary appearance.

In ancient Malaysia, the vampire myth originated as a woman who lost her child at birth and proceeded to fly into the trees and forever haunt pregnant women and newborn babies. Probably superstition related to the various problems surrounding childbirth.

In Greece, Philostratus told the story of Apollonius who saved a man from marrying a wealthy young woman who turned out to be a vampire intent on sucking the life out of him. A Greek poem told the story of Philinnon, a young woman who had died a virgin and was returned to "life" to experience the joys of **** time before leaving the mortal realm.

The blood-sucking vampire throughout history has always been of relatively normal appearance. Both genders relied on their physical appearance to get close to their victims in order to feed. The winged, clawed, naked ladies you mention sound more like succubi, who were indeed demons, but hid their demonic appearance in order to lure in men with their beauty. The only female vampires I've come across matching your description were the ones in the movie Van Helsing, and even they hid their wtfugliness by appearing as very hot women.

And it makes sense, really, for an organism that feeds off of similar-looking organisms to blend in rather than to stand out. If female vampires were hideous beasts, they would have been hunted down and killed. By posing as beautiful, charming fellow humans, they would have been able to live in peace with easy access to food.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18574 Oct 29 2012 at 12:59 AM Rating: Good
I totally upgraded to Windows 8 today. I like it. Takes a little getting used to with the new start screen vs. the start menu, but it's pretty cool.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18575 Oct 29 2012 at 1:23 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
Win8 is a tablet abomination that in no way belongs on a PC! Smiley: mad

But grats. Smiley: um
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18576 Oct 29 2012 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
The game Lolgaxe never knew he needed.
Thirteen more days.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18577 Oct 29 2012 at 8:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
As long as I'm not a Twilight vampire.


True that.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18578 Oct 29 2012 at 10:16 AM Rating: Good
Don't knock it 'til you try it Maz. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18579 Oct 29 2012 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
I'll decide what to knock and what not to knock... Smiley: glare

Smiley: sly
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18580 Oct 29 2012 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I totally upgraded to Windows 8 today. I like it. Takes a little getting used to with the new start screen vs. the start menu, but it's pretty cool.


Screenshot
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#18581 Oct 29 2012 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
'Cause I like shiny new things and it looked cool. Plus it only cost me $15.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18582 Oct 29 2012 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
I've tried that line; it's never good enough to keep you from sleeping on the couch that night.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18583 Oct 29 2012 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
Edit: Okay, both are kinda NSFW, but the one hidden in spoiler tags is downright inappropriate.

Oh, I laughed at this. Nerd rage!



Also, this (NSFW):



Edited, Oct 29th 2012 11:40pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18584 Oct 29 2012 at 5:13 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
I am tipsy. Actually, more than tipsy even though my last beer was a couple hours ago. I had a lovely time drinking fancy beers with some English guy who taught me about insurance scams and English rhyming slang though. I now know that when someone tells me that "the loo's up the apples" it means that the toilet is upstairs and that if I want to get service in some bars in England I need to order a pint of pigs' to get a beer.

The more you know 'n all tha'.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18585 Oct 29 2012 at 8:16 PM Rating: Good
someproteinguy wrote:
I've tried that line; it's never good enough to keep you from sleeping on the couch that night.


Well, y'know. I'm poly and all that. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18586 Oct 30 2012 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
Aethien wrote:
I am tipsy. Actually, more than tipsy even though my last beer was a couple hours ago.

What beers did you have?

I had a fun episode at a local bar the other night.
I was looking at the menu on the wall, a big list of different beers, most of which I haven't tried out.
I was looking at it for a while, wondering what should I take, so much to choose from.
So then I kinda just panicked or something and ended up ordering Lapin Kulta, which is just a normal finnish beer.
The barmaid looked at me with a funny face and told me she was a bit disappointed.

I'm ashamed and so should I be. Should've just asked her to give me a random beer or something.
#18587 Oct 30 2012 at 12:42 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
smunks wrote:
Aethien wrote:
I am tipsy. Actually, more than tipsy even though my last beer was a couple hours ago.

What beers did you have?

I had a fun episode at a local bar the other night.
I was looking at the menu on the wall, a big list of different beers, most of which I haven't tried out.
I was looking at it for a while, wondering what should I take, so much to choose from.
So then I kinda just panicked or something and ended up ordering Lapin Kulta, which is just a normal finnish beer.
The barmaid looked at me with a funny face and told me she was a bit disappointed.

I'm ashamed and so should I be. Should've just asked her to give me a random beer or something.

Dude, always ask what the waitress would have. If she says something ******, just say, "nah, I'll have _____."

How I order (and wine):

1) Something I know.
2) Porter/stout/pinot noir.
3) Waitress/bartender recommendation.

It's pretty foolproof.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#18588 Oct 30 2012 at 2:32 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
smunks wrote:
Aethien wrote:
I am tipsy. Actually, more than tipsy even though my last beer was a couple hours ago.

What beers did you have?

I had a fun episode at a local bar the other night.
I was looking at the menu on the wall, a big list of different beers, most of which I haven't tried out.
I was looking at it for a while, wondering what should I take, so much to choose from.
So then I kinda just panicked or something and ended up ordering Lapin Kulta, which is just a normal finnish beer.
The barmaid looked at me with a funny face and told me she was a bit disappointed.

I'm ashamed and so should I be. Should've just asked her to give me a random beer or something.

Dude, always ask what the waitress would have. If she says something sh*tty, just say, "nah, I'll have _____."

How I order (and wine):

1) Something I know.
2) Porter/stout/pinot noir.
3) Waitress/bartender recommendation.

It's pretty foolproof.
They only have 30 beers on tap (and a few hundred on bottles) but there's always the style and brewery listed next to the name so I can guesstimate whether I'll enjoy it based on that. It helps that they don't really serve bad beers there though so I can just go Oooooh! Shiny! and not be disappointed.

Also, I had Mashing Pumpkins by SNAB & Jopen (by my knowledge the first Dutch made pumpkin beer, tasty stuff) then I had a Black Saison by St Feuillien & Green Flash that was just beyond amazing, followed it up with a Boffo Brown Ale by Dark Horse, then a Freigeist Cedar Ale because they just put that on the tap, it smelled like fresh cedar sawdust and tasted very woody with honey and malts, really ******* cool beer, then I went back to another collaboration and got Mikkeller and Three Floyd's Risgoop Ricewine followed by an Evil Twin Disco Beer (got that just for the name really), then Great Divide's Belgian Yeti and I finished it off with a Dark Horse Rod.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18589 Oct 30 2012 at 8:13 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Also, I had Mashing Pumpkins by SNAB & Jopen
Sounds whiny, but strangely catchy.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18590 Oct 30 2012 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
smunks wrote:
Aethien wrote:
I am tipsy. Actually, more than tipsy even though my last beer was a couple hours ago.

What beers did you have?

I had a fun episode at a local bar the other night.
I was looking at the menu on the wall, a big list of different beers, most of which I haven't tried out.
I was looking at it for a while, wondering what should I take, so much to choose from.
So then I kinda just panicked or something and ended up ordering Lapin Kulta, which is just a normal finnish beer.
The barmaid looked at me with a funny face and told me she was a bit disappointed.

I'm ashamed and so should I be. Should've just asked her to give me a random beer or something.

Dude, always ask what the waitress would have. If she says something sh*tty, just say, "nah, I'll have _____."

How I order (and wine):

1) Something I know.
2) Porter/stout/pinot noir.
3) Waitress/bartender recommendation.

It's pretty foolproof.
They only have 30 beers on tap (and a few hundred on bottles) but there's always the style and brewery listed next to the name so I can guesstimate whether I'll enjoy it based on that. It helps that they don't really serve bad beers there though so I can just go Oooooh! Shiny! and not be disappointed.

Yeah, I can generally do that too. Which helps, because there are a few common beers in the area, but most bars have a pretty wide selection.

Also, got Assassin's Creed III today. I've just played the first sequence, but the opening sequence was awesome. Insanely awesome, actually.

Oh, and I got a new jacket. Because I needed one with a hood. And because it was $60 on Jackthreads. Kind of wish it was more tailored through the torso, but oh well.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#18591 Oct 30 2012 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Soo... Disney bought Lucasartsfilm, Star Wars 7 is being/will be made and supposed to be released in 2015.

Edited, Oct 30th 2012 10:54pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18592 Oct 30 2012 at 2:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
Mickey Mouse would be an awesome Jedi.

see pic... Smiley: lol

Edited, Oct 30th 2012 2:11pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#18593 Oct 30 2012 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, sure, I love Star Wars, and Disney isn't just cartoons and stuff anymore, but something in the back of my mind won't stop screaming.

I wonder what period Episode 7 will be set in. Part of me hopes they'll move forward past Luke training new Jedi and the business with Han and Leia's kids, mainly because I'd hate to see new actors portraying those old characters. Harrison Ford could return as Han Solo, I guess, but Mark Hamill and Carrie Fischer are both, to my knowledge, out of the live action movie business.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18594 Oct 30 2012 at 4:22 PM Rating: Good
Let Mark Hamil be the voice of a CGI character - he is awesome at that and we may then not end up with another Jar Jar Binks disaster. His live acting on the other hand has been questionable :)



____________________________
RareTrevor - Feral/Resto
Other Rares - RareBertha (90 Mage), RareAgatha (90 Paladin), RareMildred (90 Warlock)
RareGretchen (85 Hunter), RareHelga (85 Shaman), RarePearl (74 Rogue), RareEileen (51 Warrior), RareDorothy (46 Priest)
Rarebeast-Feral Druid. and 9 other Level 80+ Rares [b]R.I.P.
#18595 Oct 30 2012 at 7:03 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,871 posts
I'm alive, but no power for about 26 hours now. Phone reception is shoddy at best.

No major damage here, but family friends have lost all their stuff to flood damage. Close family friend may have lost her house completely, but she won't be allowed on the island to find out for another 10 days.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#18596 Oct 30 2012 at 7:51 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
Good to see you survived, Digg! Smiley: yippee
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18597 Oct 30 2012 at 9:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Yeah definitely. I'm glad you're okay! *hugs*
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#18598 Oct 31 2012 at 1:19 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
Of course Digg survived.
While everyone else was freaking out, he just walked out of there like this.
#18599 Oct 31 2012 at 1:56 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Of course he's ok. He's one of them gays who did this! Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#18600 Oct 31 2012 at 2:08 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
Mazra wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, sure, I love Star Wars, and Disney isn't just cartoons and stuff anymore, but something in the back of my mind won't stop screaming.

I wonder what period Episode 7 will be set in. Part of me hopes they'll move forward past Luke training new Jedi and the business with Han and Leia's kids, mainly because I'd hate to see new actors portraying those old characters. Harrison Ford could return as Han Solo, I guess, but Mark Hamill and Carrie Fischer are both, to my knowledge, out of the live action movie business.

It's supposedly going to have Luke, Han, and Leia in it. I'd put money on the Thrawn era of the EU. No kids, lots of drama, lots of action.

Also, it's the only decent books in the Star Wars EU.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#18601 Oct 31 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,133 posts
Since Disney seems intent on turning Star Wars into an even bigger movie franchise, I can help but wonder if (and hope that) they'll eventually do a Old Republic movie.

Yes, I want to see Revan (mainly because of Bastila and Mission, rawr!) in a live action movie!

Edit: Oh, and as long as they don't put Shia LaBeouf in it, I'm fine with whatever. I was, apparently, the only one who enjoyed Jar Jar in The Phantom Menace, but I can't stand that guy. Just can't stand him.

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 4:07pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 37 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (37)