NOTE: Harsh criticism incoming, I'm not going to sugarcoat anything and I'm going to search for any mistakes I can find in your characters and logs.
Could anyone please look at this log
, I have of my last raid, I am feeling like am failing somewere and my dps could be better in my gear
Your entire raid is failing on dps, you need 7.5k average from all dps to kill him.
For your log, the firts thing you want to do is look at things like DoT uptime (Serpent sting 64%, what happened to the other 36%? Black arrow 45.7%, what happened to the other 16.8%?) and add up shotcount/global cooldowns used to see how much time you used in the fight (and how much you wasted)
Look lower in this post to see how I've done that.
For your char, you have 60 hit too much yet you have a hit gem and you got the 264 T10 gloves while those give hit, as well as icewalker on your boots.
I think right now my gems are great except for the haste and rare quality gems. Someone told me not to use purple agil/stam gems, but the socket bonus is greater than 4 agility, and I didn't really find a better gem to shove into them. Also I am under the 1.5 second steady shot haste soft cap and I lose a little bit of potential dps when my lock and load procs. :(
Other than making everything an epic gem, I think I have this gemming aspect down. Comments?
1: Why do you have haste and rare quality gems?
2: Never use agi/stam, your argument for it is flawed. If you're gaining 12 attack power by using an agi/stam gem over an agi gem you are also losing 10 agility
one 10 agi/10 crit gets you a socketbonus of 4 agility or better, grab it else the socket bonus does not exist.
3: How on earth can you lose dps from LnL proccing?
I seem to be doing lower damage than usual in our most recent ICC 10 guild runs,and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Usually I pull around 4k or so, but in our most recent run I was lacking on DPS big-time.
Looking at your armory, you are 74 hitrating over cap, using weak enchants and gems, you don't have Go for the Throat (which is easily 2-300 dps) and honestly you're just underperforming for ICC at 4k dps.
You're also using awful leather boots that are loaded with hit you don't need, go work on replacing those as soon as possible as well as regemming and enchanting to proper enchants.
Looking at the log, your raid has no place in ICC.
Your dps need to all be doing at least 5-6k dps to get anywhere.
Looking at you specifically on the Marrowgar kill, it takes less than a second to spot some obvious problems.
41.66 explosive shots (125 ticks)
28 Aimed Shots
25 Steady Shots
14 Black Arrows (70 ticks)
12 Serpent Stings (60 ticks)
9 Kill shots
That makes for 130 Global Cooldowns used.
130 global cooldowns of 1.5 seconds each is 195 seconds or 3:15.
Fight length: 8:47 - 3:15 = 5 minutes and 32 seconds where you were doing nothing.
I know that Lock and Load "wastes" a bit of time, running from bonestorm wastes a few steady shots and such but there's no excuse for this.
Edit: For combatlogs, please look at them yourself first and do these simple things like checking uptime and GCD usage instead of just posting it and doing nothing yourself. Edited, Feb 14th 2010 1:13pm by Aethien