Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Rogue News/Latest Accomplishment ThreadFollow

#52 Oct 09 2007 at 10:01 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
ManusDei wrote:
I r still raiding, still CL, and still top in melee fights :P
VR will go down today am sure

VR should be cake. Smiley: grin
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#53 Oct 09 2007 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,538 posts
<VR_Horror_Story>

Yeah, so my old server Zuluhed was awful. One night one of the "raid" guilds, Sol Invictus (a bunch of scrubs), decided they were going to try to do VR. A few of my guildies had joined the raid because Sol Invictus couldn't get all 25 people they needed. They invited me right as they finished clearing the last trash pack. I read up on the fight, looked pretty easy. Tank and spank, dodge some orbs, not much else. I figured we'd get it down in a few tries.

Boy was I wrong. Our best attempt was something like 68% health. Our healers kept dying to the orbs because they were too ******* stupid to move, or would move right into another one. Over and over again people were told to step back, and not side to side if they saw another orb, but still, they kept dying.

On top of idiotic members, the group was just an awful composition. Something like 8 melees, most of which were scrub fury warriors. In any given attempt, I did about twice the damage of the best warrior. It's not surprising, seeing as I was probably the best geared melee DPS on the server (I'm not kidding, Zuluhed is that bad).

After five or six wipes, trash started respawning. The warlocks ran out of soulshards to summon people back in, and the group broke up.

I hate scrubs who think they can raid.

</VR_Horror_Story>
____________________________
09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0
Fishbeans 70 Rogue of Mannoroth.
#54 Oct 09 2007 at 10:36 AM Rating: Default
*
97 posts
My guild is halfway through Kara after 3 weeks. Pretty mediocre to a lot of you, I'm sure, but considering we're not a raiding guild in the least, it makes me happy to know we downed Curator on the first try.

Hopefully this week will bring Edgewalker Longboots, Worgen Claw Necklace and/or Netherblade Gloves.
____________________________
Dizmal - 70 Rogue
Lydiaskye - 64 Mage
#55 Oct 09 2007 at 10:48 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
SquallTiofae wrote:
My guild is halfway through Kara after 3 weeks. Pretty mediocre to a lot of you, I'm sure, but considering we're not a raiding guild in the least, it makes me happy to know we downed Curator on the first try.

Hopefully this week will bring Edgewalker Longboots, Worgen Claw Necklace and/or Netherblade Gloves.

Good luck. It took me 6 weeks at least to get Edgewalkers. Smiley: grin
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#56 Oct 09 2007 at 10:49 AM Rating: Default
*
97 posts
Thanks, they dropped on the first kill, but guess who gets them? Sub Rogue, as she's the guild leader's "girlfriend". >_>
____________________________
Dizmal - 70 Rogue
Lydiaskye - 64 Mage
#57 Oct 09 2007 at 12:11 PM Rating: Default
*
135 posts
Sub rogues should not be in a raid ever. Unless its mag and everyone is geared enough that the sub rogue could not be there & it wouldnt matter. Post a link onto your guilds website to one of teh rogue math threads. I'm sur eyour guildies (if they dont already know that sub is complete ****) would love to know why a terrible dps is getting in on raids when they bring no utility. =)
____________________________
vyodarscholar: I got my wife to play WoW. It was a fairly easy compromise. She likes this outdoor crap (its like STV without as many raptors and not as much ganking)
#58 Oct 09 2007 at 12:37 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
SquallTiofae wrote:
Thanks, they dropped on the first kill, but guess who gets them? Sub Rogue, as she's the guild leader's "girlfriend". >_>

She's mut spec, fwiw.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#59 Oct 09 2007 at 12:57 PM Rating: Good
*
97 posts
Yeah, recent change under my, and a lot of the guild's, advisement. She was still Sub for the first 3 weeks in Kara. >_<
____________________________
Dizmal - 70 Rogue
Lydiaskye - 64 Mage
#60 Oct 09 2007 at 2:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
225 posts
Phew VR down :) I need a cigarette... cheers to healers. I was able to use Haste pots :)
____________________________
Kensai <Solace> Aerie Peak EU


Mom I r raiding!
#61 Oct 09 2007 at 5:51 PM Rating: Decent
**
443 posts
1685 2V2! I legitly got there with my priest :D.
____________________________
Pwnzage
Realm: Warsong
70 Undead Rogue

"You're so ugly that when I used fear beast, it worked =O."
#62 Oct 09 2007 at 9:57 PM Rating: Decent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,569 posts
Attumen down (easiest boss fight evar). Moroes eluded us, but that's because we only had one priest for shackles, and the healadin that was with us apparently didn't think it was important to BoP the garrote off of me. Yeah, we still had 9 other guys, but without that DPS, the wipe was just slower.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#63 Oct 09 2007 at 10:09 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#64 Oct 09 2007 at 10:34 PM Rating: Good
*
97 posts
Quote:
Attumen down (easiest boss fight evar). Moroes eluded us, but that's because we only had one priest for shackles, and the healadin that was with us apparently didn't think it was important to BoP the garrote off of me. Yeah, we still had 9 other guys, but without that DPS, the wipe was just slower.


I feel your pain. He was the major cockblock for my raid for 2 1/2 weeks. Our raid setup was 2 Rogues, 1 Warrior (MT), 1 Holy Priest, 1 Holy Pally, 1 Resto Shaman, 1 Feral Druid (OT), 1 Mage, 1 Warlock, 1 Hunter.

Ideal, right? Haha.

We managed to down him the day our Feral OT decided not to show up, so we PUG'd a Prot Pally for OT. Added an extra CC with Turn Undead, we downed 2 adds and got lucky with Moroes garroting the same person 3 times over the fight.

Also, as Rogues, we are almost last BoP priority. But it was nice having 2 Pally's to switch off BoPing our healers/tank. I got Garroted at Moroes' 20% mark, died right as he did. But ****, it felt good.

Also, if you can, 2 Shadow Priests makes that fight laughable at best.
____________________________
Dizmal - 70 Rogue
Lydiaskye - 64 Mage
#65 Oct 09 2007 at 11:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,129 posts
I just beat Halo 3.
____________________________
Alla's Arena/PVP Forum

SO I PLAY WoW COOL EH!?

Let that beat build.

Xbox Live: kyNsdub
#66 Oct 10 2007 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,569 posts
SquallTiofae wrote:
Quote:
Attumen down (easiest boss fight evar). Moroes eluded us, but that's because we only had one priest for shackles, and the healadin that was with us apparently didn't think it was important to BoP the garrote off of me. Yeah, we still had 9 other guys, but without that DPS, the wipe was just slower.


I feel your pain. He was the major cockblock for my raid for 2 1/2 weeks. Our raid setup was 2 Rogues, 1 Warrior (MT), 1 Holy Priest, 1 Holy Pally, 1 Resto Shaman, 1 Feral Druid (OT), 1 Mage, 1 Warlock, 1 Hunter.

Ideal, right? Haha.

We managed to down him the day our Feral OT decided not to show up, so we PUG'd a Prot Pally for OT. Added an extra CC with Turn Undead, we downed 2 adds and got lucky with Moroes garroting the same person 3 times over the fight.

Also, as Rogues, we are almost last BoP priority. But it was nice having 2 Pally's to switch off BoPing our healers/tank. I got Garroted at Moroes' 20% mark, died right as he did. But ****, it felt good.

Also, if you can, 2 Shadow Priests makes that fight laughable at best.

For our last attempt, our DPS warrior was gracious enough to step out and allow us to grab another priest for that second shackle. Unfortunately, I was the only DPS that decided to follow the plan and take out the healer-type lady, so it took a little longer to down her, and those heals that she eked out while my kick was down made the difference in the fight.

We wiped at 4%. Smiley: mad
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#67 Oct 10 2007 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,006 posts
Got promoted to officer in my guild.
____________________________
Attie - Undead Rogue
#68 Oct 10 2007 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Just got my DST last night, rocking in all purple in my pve set =D

And like a dumbass I logged out in my pvp set

Edit: Moved this here cuz myteddy yelled at me :(

Edited, Oct 10th 2007 4:29pm by Tyrandor
#69 Oct 10 2007 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,129 posts
:D
____________________________
Alla's Arena/PVP Forum

SO I PLAY WoW COOL EH!?

Let that beat build.

Xbox Live: kyNsdub
#70 Oct 10 2007 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
443 posts
Theophany the Sly wrote:
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.


War/druid, Lock/druid, Hunter/Pally. Just ******* **** for me and my priest.
____________________________
Pwnzage
Realm: Warsong
70 Undead Rogue

"You're so ugly that when I used fear beast, it worked =O."
#71 Oct 10 2007 at 4:35 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.


War/druid, Lock/druid, Hunter/Pally. Just @#%^ing **** for me and my priest.

Hunter/pally is ez, lock/druid is ez to some extent.

Just gotta get your priest using MC.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#72 Oct 10 2007 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
**
443 posts
Theophany the Sly wrote:
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.


War/druid, Lock/druid, Hunter/Pally. Just @#%^ing **** for me and my priest.

Hunter/pally is ez, lock/druid is ez to some extent.

Just gotta get your priest using MC.


Ok hunt/pally is my main problem. Tactics please? Who does my priest MC and stuff?
____________________________
Pwnzage
Realm: Warsong
70 Undead Rogue

"You're so ugly that when I used fear beast, it worked =O."
#73 Oct 10 2007 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,129 posts
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.


War/druid, Lock/druid, Hunter/Pally. Just @#%^ing **** for me and my priest.

Hunter/pally is ez, lock/druid is ez to some extent.

Just gotta get your priest using MC.


Ok hunt/pally is my main problem. Tactics please? Who does my priest MC and stuff?


You and the priest deadzone the hunter, Priest needs to mana burn the pally.

Either MC the pally to get the kill on the hunter, or MC the hunter to prevent the Pally from healing him up if interupts are down.
____________________________
Alla's Arena/PVP Forum

SO I PLAY WoW COOL EH!?

Let that beat build.

Xbox Live: kyNsdub
#74 Oct 10 2007 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
**
443 posts
MYteddy wrote:
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
EliminatorX wrote:
Theophany the Sly wrote:
1810 2v2 for a brief moment, then 7 warrior/druid teams in the span of 11 games.

QQ down to 1735.


War/druid, Lock/druid, Hunter/Pally. Just @#%^ing **** for me and my priest.

Hunter/pally is ez, lock/druid is ez to some extent.

Just gotta get your priest using MC.


Ok hunt/pally is my main problem. Tactics please? Who does my priest MC and stuff?


You and the priest deadzone the hunter, Priest needs to mana burn the pally.

Either MC the pally to get the kill on the hunter, or MC the hunter to prevent the Pally from healing him up if interupts are down.


A lot easier said than done -_-. Dead zoning the hunter is usually not a good idea because the pally will LOS my priest. If my priest wants to mana burn the pally, viper sting time D: I was just thinking that my priest should hide from the hunter and forget the mana burns. The pally's mana would eventually go down after healing over 5 WP stacks or cleansing. When the pally get's low enough on mana I'll tell my priest to come out and finish his mana while I bust all my cooldowns to pwn the hunt. How's this?
____________________________
Pwnzage
Realm: Warsong
70 Undead Rogue

"You're so ugly that when I used fear beast, it worked =O."
#75 Oct 10 2007 at 5:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,129 posts
With just your dps, the pally will last a long, long time.


I suppose it could work, so long as your priest doesn't get anywhere near viper stings but... eh.
____________________________
Alla's Arena/PVP Forum

SO I PLAY WoW COOL EH!?

Let that beat build.

Xbox Live: kyNsdub
#76 Oct 10 2007 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
**
443 posts
Wow wtf. My priest just told me he keyboard turns. And we got to 1685 =O. Going to teach him a lesson *links eon's guide*^^
____________________________
Pwnzage
Realm: Warsong
70 Undead Rogue

"You're so ugly that when I used fear beast, it worked =O."
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)