Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Minecraft (was forum=22)Follow

#102 Sep 29 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
Always build your base near your respawn point, if not on it. Build a compass. You will never get lost again.


Or make giant arrows out of dirt blocks that point in the direction of your base.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#103 Sep 29 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Always build your base near your respawn point, if not on it. Build a compass. You will never get lost again.


Or make giant arrows out of dirt blocks that point in the direction of your base.


I made a giant dirt arrow pointing straight down, so it was tall enough to be visible from a good distance. Massive columns make it pretty easy to keep track of where you are, as long as you can climb a mountain and look around.
#104 Sep 29 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
I still haven't found my damn house. I plan to wander around some more tonight. This damn place is freaking huge.

Once I find my house, though, I shall make a path from my spawn point to my house. I shall never be lost again!

(This is the second house I lost, actually. But the first one wasn't that big a deal.)
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#105 Sep 29 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I still haven't found my damn house. I plan to wander around some more tonight. This damn place is freaking huge.

Once I find my house, though, I shall make a path from my spawn point to my house. I shall never be lost again!

(This is the second house I lost, actually. But the first one wasn't that big a deal.)


If you copy your single player map to the multiplayer map I can help you look for it. Then when you mark it you can copy it back to single player.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#106 Sep 29 2010 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I still haven't found my damn house. I plan to wander around some more tonight. This damn place is freaking huge.

Once I find my house, though, I shall make a path from my spawn point to my house. I shall never be lost again!

(This is the second house I lost, actually. But the first one wasn't that big a deal.)


If you copy your single player map to the multiplayer map I can help you look for it. Then when you mark it you can copy it back to single player.


I don't understand anything that you said. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#107 Sep 29 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
***
1,150 posts
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.
____________________________
They'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky... They'll do it in that order.
#108 Sep 29 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
EbanySalamonderiel wrote:
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.


Oh sh*t.... I didn't know that.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#109 Sep 29 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
EbanySalamonderiel wrote:
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.


Oh sh*t.... I didn't know that.


Yup. And I bet you don't want to die so you're a little closer to the spawn point, do you? XD
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#110 Sep 29 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
EbanySalamonderiel wrote:
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.


Oh sh*t.... I didn't know that.


The infinity is a lie. I reached the end of the map while in a cave, it kept regenerating the blocks on the wall without giving me any drops.


And Belkira, I meant follow the instructions that Paskil posted here.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#111 Sep 29 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
The infinity is a lie. I reached the end of the map while in a cave, it kept regenerating the blocks on the wall without giving me any drops.


Well, that's a relief. Smiley: lol


Shaowstrike wrote:
And Belkira, I meant follow the instructions that Paskil posted here.


I think I'll flounder a while longer on my own, but thank you for the offer! I might change my mind. Smiley: lol Or maybe I'll start over, build a new castle, and then happen upon my old one later and get fat loots.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#112 Sep 29 2010 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
EbanySalamonderiel wrote:
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.


Oh sh*t.... I didn't know that.


The infinity is a lie. I reached the end of the map while in a cave, it kept regenerating the blocks on the wall without giving me any drops.


And Belkira, I meant follow the instructions that Paskil posted here.


That must have been a bug. There is an edge to the world, but it just drops off, and if you jump off the game glitches. I believe I remember reading you need to travel longer than the length of the entire earth to get there. The guy who found it used hacks.

There is a ceiling and a sky limit, however.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#113 Sep 29 2010 at 4:21 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
There is a ceiling and a sky limit, however.


A ceiling and a sky limit?! Crazy, man. Cray-zee.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#114 Sep 29 2010 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
There is a ceiling and a sky limit, however.


A ceiling and a sky limit?! Crazy, man. Cray-zee.


I hear that women players are the only ones that reach the ceiling.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#115 Sep 29 2010 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,644 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Always build your base near your respawn point, if not on it. Build a compass. You will never get lost again.


Or make giant arrows out of dirt blocks that point in the direction of your base.

Or, if you want something a little more landmarkish, build little towers on the hills with flaming logs on them, then whenever you explore, you just look for the flare towers and follow them back.
#116 Sep 29 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
MasterOfWar wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Always build your base near your respawn point, if not on it. Build a compass. You will never get lost again.


Or make giant arrows out of dirt blocks that point in the direction of your base.

Or, if you want something a little more landmarkish, build little towers on the hills with flaming logs on them, then whenever you explore, you just look for the flare towers and follow them back.


I want to get back to my base, not Minas Tirith.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#117 Sep 29 2010 at 9:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
EbanySalamonderiel wrote:
I love that the world is theoretically infinite. No matter how far you go in any direction it will keep generating the world for you, its a nice touch.


Oh sh*t.... I didn't know that.


The infinity is a lie. I reached the end of the map while in a cave, it kept regenerating the blocks on the wall without giving me any drops.


And Belkira, I meant follow the instructions that Paskil posted here.


Well, caves have Adminium (Bedrock) blocks, which are indestructible (redstone is usually found close to these) and mark the floor of the world.

Also, @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ me, I collected lots of redstone, iron, and some diamond and as I was looking for more redstone I found some lava that caught me :(.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#118 Sep 29 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Vataro wrote:
Also, @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ me, I collected lots of redstone, iron, and some diamond and as I was looking for more redstone I found some lava that caught me :(.



I feel really bad. When I read that, an evil chuckle escaped my throat. Smiley: frown

At least you can find your damn house.

Oh, also, it seems to me that there's more ore and redstone and stuffs near lava and in "naturally" formed caves.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#119 Sep 30 2010 at 5:51 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Also, @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ me, I collected lots of redstone, iron, and some diamond and as I was looking for more redstone I found some lava that caught me :(.



I feel really bad. When I read that, an evil chuckle escaped my throat. Smiley: frown

At least you can find your damn house.

Oh, also, it seems to me that there's more ore and redstone and stuffs near lava and in "naturally" formed caves.


Yup, although it took me a while to actually find the lava. Thankfully, it was easy for me to get back to the area where I was mining... but I could not for the life of me find the exact spot where I died. I swear it got sealed up or something. Not that it probably matters, my stuff was probably all lost in the lava anyway. I spent another 45 mins recollecting some cobblestone, redstone (got 2 stacks of the stuff, should be fine for now), and an unfortunately scarce amount of diamond and iron.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#120 Sep 30 2010 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Oops, obviously meant floor :-P

Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Also, @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ me, I collected lots of redstone, iron, and some diamond and as I was looking for more redstone I found some lava that caught me :(.



I feel really bad. When I read that, an evil chuckle escaped my throat. Smiley: frown

At least you can find your damn house.

Oh, also, it seems to me that there's more ore and redstone and stuffs near lava and in "naturally" formed caves.


Lava is only found between layers 1-10, Diamonds to 17, gold to... 30? Iron to 64, and coal to 120something. I think sea-level is around 64, but it might be higher. Redstone I think shared gold level range.

Basically, if you want to go big or go home, mine 1-7 levels above lava level. And if you're looking for something valuable, dig down. And never straight down!
Quote:
Well, caves have Adminium (Bedrock) blocks, which are indestructible (redstone is usually found close to these) and mark the floor of the world.


Or sometimes you find a break in the adminium :-P I do not recommend jumping down it.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 8:31am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#121 Sep 30 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Saw snow for the first time in game. Created a new world and the entire place was covered. I guess it's randomly generated for each new world, and not a timed event.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#122 Sep 30 2010 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Saw snow for the first time in game. Created a new world and the entire place was covered. I guess it's randomly generated for each new world, and not a timed event.


It's about a 20% chance upon creating a new world. Notch is currently working on implementing "biomes" - basically when you get to a newly generated part of the world, there's a chance that it will have different weather.

He's also thinking of implementing "hell gates" which transport you to a hell biome. Lots of monsters, fire, and lava, but if you get to another hell gate you'll end up having traveled about 100x further in your real world than you walked in the hell biome. Covers big distances quick!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#123 Sep 30 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Oops, obviously meant floor :-P

Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Also, @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ me, I collected lots of redstone, iron, and some diamond and as I was looking for more redstone I found some lava that caught me :(.



I feel really bad. When I read that, an evil chuckle escaped my throat. Smiley: frown

At least you can find your damn house.

Oh, also, it seems to me that there's more ore and redstone and stuffs near lava and in "naturally" formed caves.


Lava is only found between layers 1-10, Diamonds to 17, gold to... 30? Iron to 64, and coal to 120something. I think sea-level is around 64, but it might be higher. Redstone I think shared gold level range.

Basically, if you want to go big or go home, mine 1-7 levels above lava level. And if you're looking for something valuable, dig down. And never straight down!
Quote:
Well, caves have Adminium (Bedrock) blocks, which are indestructible (redstone is usually found close to these) and mark the floor of the world.


Or sometimes you find a break in the adminium :-P I do not recommend jumping down it.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 8:31am by LockeColeMA


Heh, yea I read about those holes. Also, Redstone is typically found 1-7 blocks above adminium according to the wiki.

As for lava, I actually found some about 20 blocks above sea level very close to the spawn point on my map. I only noticed it because I was farming sand near my spawn point at night and noticed a bright light in the distance in the opposite direction from my base :O.

LockeColeMA wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Saw snow for the first time in game. Created a new world and the entire place was covered. I guess it's randomly generated for each new world, and not a timed event.


It's about a 20% chance upon creating a new world. Notch is currently working on implementing "biomes" - basically when you get to a newly generated part of the world, there's a chance that it will have different weather.

He's also thinking of implementing "hell gates" which transport you to a hell biome. Lots of monsters, fire, and lava, but if you get to another hell gate you'll end up having traveled about 100x further in your real world than you walked in the hell biome. Covers big distances quick!


That's a pretty cool idea. I also hear he wants to eventually add weather/seasons to the game as well, so that the world changes over time.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#124 Sep 30 2010 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
By the way, is anyone else able to connect to Paskil's sever? I haven't been able to for a while and I'd like to actually start building something there =/.

Edit: Or, we can try having someone else host a dedicated Alla server. I wouldn't mind starting a brand new world and having it be the dedicated one for us. I would also be willing to take it offline occasionally to farm up sand or whatever else we can't harvest due to multiplayer bugs. Only problem is, when I tried hosting a server earlier there were problems with people actually connecting. I could connect fine with my 2 computers, but since they were both on the same router I'm not sure what the problem is. Ikkian couldn't connect :(.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 11:27am by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#125 Sep 30 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Vataro wrote:
By the way, is anyone else able to connect to Paskil's sever? I haven't been able to for a while and I'd like to actually start building something there =/.

paskil wrote:
Mine timed out yesterday and I haven't tried yet today. I'll be on Dead Rising 2 for the next few days. The lot of you are on your own.

#126 Sep 30 2010 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Oh, right. My memory is a little weak apparently, hehe. Well, if anyone wants to help me get this hosting thing taken care of this evening, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot in his absence (even though we'll all have to start from scratch).
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#127 Sep 30 2010 at 10:31 AM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
I started out today, and got a snow-covered world. Pretty neat concept overall. I didn't get much accomplished. Found a giant mass of stone that had a lot of flint, so I dug out my hidey-hole there and spent most of my time expanding it. I made two staircase mines inside (stopping when I hit natural caverns filled with monsters; I'll explore these when I make some weapons). I was going to convert it to my main base, but I think I'm going to take all the blocks I've amassed from mining and build my own tower or whatever, mainly because I can hear the sounds from the creepies in the basement, and it freaks me out.

Only real problem I has was when I accidentally fell down one of the caverns I mined into. I died from arrow attacks and respawned, but it was night and I died on my way back. I think I'm going to build a small shelter at the respawn point for safety.
____________________________
Banh
#128 Sep 30 2010 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
I think Paskil said he was stopping his server for awhile. As for a dedicated one, I can probably set one up on my computer but if the bandwidth usage gets too bad I may restrict access to the hours I work.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#129 Sep 30 2010 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
I think Paskil said he was stopping his server for awhile. As for a dedicated one, I can probably set one up on my computer but if the bandwidth usage gets too bad I may restrict access to the hours I work.


I didn't really think about that, but yea. I suppose I could actually try to set it up on my laptop at work and just leave it on all the time... might be worth a shot :).



edit: Use 129.59.168.149 (you may also try putting ":25565" at the end).

:)

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 11:54am by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#130 Sep 30 2010 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
129.59.168.149 worked for me. Im in ur base, killing ur doodz smiting your immortal cowz.




Edited, Sep 30th 2010 12:52pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#131 Sep 30 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Woots. Now the question is, how do I set it up like Paskil had so we will be able to place blocks (since the terrain seems to be indestructible)?
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#132 Sep 30 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Nevermind, not all the terrain is indestructible, just seemingly the area around the spawn point. Woots.

Also, if you're lagging go into options and change the Graphics to Fast (instead of Fancy). It helps a lot.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#133 Sep 30 2010 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Were you running it off of your laptop?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#134 Sep 30 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
129.59.168.149 worked for me. Im in ur base, killing ur doodz smiting your immortal cowz.
I logged in and murdered some trees before the crafting screen locked me up. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Banh
#135 Sep 30 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Were you running it off of your laptop?


Yea, it's my laptop right now. I'm not sure yet if that will cause a lot of problems. =/
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#136 Sep 30 2010 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
I'll set one up on my PC, it's a gaming rig so it should be a bit more stable then a laptop with limited processor power.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#137 Sep 30 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
I've been monitoring the processor usage and it's been peaking at about 65-70% RAM usage (30% CPU usage) with 2 people on and me still doing my normal work related stuff. But yea, it sounds like your PC would generally be a better idea - that being said I will continue to leave this up until it is deemed unworthy :P.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:08pm by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#138 Sep 30 2010 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
Even though the sand seems to insta-regen, I found that a shovel breaks it up fast enough that you can still collect some blocks before they reappear.
____________________________
Banh
#139 Sep 30 2010 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Impressive.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#140 Sep 30 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Were you digging from the bottom of a pile of sand? Sand isn't like dirt and rock, the sand above the one you dug out will drop down to fill the hole.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#141 Sep 30 2010 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Were you digging from the bottom of a pile of sand? Sand isn't like dirt and rock, the sand above the one you dug out will drop down to fill the hole.


Who, me? I'm not that stupid :P. The sand/dirt/trees would all respawn as soon as they were destroyed. But like I said, that only seems to be the case near the spawn area. Thinking about it more, it may even be by design to prevent griefing, who knows.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#142 Sep 30 2010 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Vataro wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Were you digging from the bottom of a pile of sand? Sand isn't like dirt and rock, the sand above the one you dug out will drop down to fill the hole.


Who, me? I'm not that stupid :P. The sand/dirt/trees would all respawn as soon as they were destroyed. But like I said, that only seems to be the case near the spawn area. Thinking about it more, it may even be by design to prevent griefing, who knows.


Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you grief someone in Minecraft?
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#143 Sep 30 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Were you digging from the bottom of a pile of sand? Sand isn't like dirt and rock, the sand above the one you dug out will drop down to fill the hole.


Who, me? I'm not that stupid :P. The sand/dirt/trees would all respawn as soon as they were destroyed. But like I said, that only seems to be the case near the spawn area. Thinking about it more, it may even be by design to prevent griefing, who knows.


Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you grief someone in Minecraft?
In this case, digging a very deep hole at the spawn point.
____________________________
Banh
#144 Sep 30 2010 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Spoonless Delivers on Time wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Were you digging from the bottom of a pile of sand? Sand isn't like dirt and rock, the sand above the one you dug out will drop down to fill the hole.


Who, me? I'm not that stupid :P. The sand/dirt/trees would all respawn as soon as they were destroyed. But like I said, that only seems to be the case near the spawn area. Thinking about it more, it may even be by design to prevent griefing, who knows.


Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do you grief someone in Minecraft?
In this case, digging a very deep hole at the spawn point.


And then drop Sand faster then they can dig out, instant suffocation death.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#145 Sep 30 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Mostly by destroying stuff or making it difficult to build (i.e. placing extra blocks places that make it hard to get out of a hole) I would think. As far as the spawning goes, idk if this could actually happen but I could see someone making a giant hole of stone along the entire spawn point to where you would be unable to get out if you spawned in the hole and didn't have any tools.

Also, http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing . Not the best written article, but gives you some ideas anyway.

edit: Damn you fast people. However, my answer was more in depth! :P



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 3:00pm by Vataro
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#146 Sep 30 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Vataro wrote:
Also, http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing. Not the best written article, but gives you some ideas anyway.

edit: Damn you fast people. However, my answer was more in depth! :P

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:26pm by Vataro


Vataro's link wrote:
Griefing.
From Minepedia - The Minecraft Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs.


It's funny how one little period can make a difference. Smiley: lol

ETA: Yeah, digging a big hole occured to me after I posted that. I've only ever played on single player, and had no problem manipulating blocks at my spawn point, so I just didn't think about it too much.

I got squished by gravel once. That sucked.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:47pm by Belkira
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#147 Sep 30 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,485 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Vataro wrote:
Also, http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing. Not the best written article, but gives you some ideas anyway.

edit: Damn you fast people. However, my answer was more in depth! :P

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:26pm by Vataro


Vataro's link wrote:
Griefing.
From Minepedia - The Minecraft Wiki!
Jump to: navigation, search
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs.


It's funny how one little period can make a difference. Smiley: lol

ETA: Yeah, digging a big hole occured to me after I posted that. I've only ever played on single player, and had no problem manipulating blocks at my spawn point, so I just didn't think about it too much.

I got squished by gravel once. That sucked.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:47pm by Belkira


;lakjsfdkls, fixed. XD
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#148 Sep 30 2010 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
******
30,635 posts
Vataro wrote:
;lakjsfdkls, fixed. XD


I figured it out and read the article, but it's sort of silly that it says there's no discussion because you put a period at the end.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#149 Sep 30 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Server is up.

Edited, May 12th 2011 2:26pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#150 Sep 30 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Shaowstrike wrote:
Server is up.


"Failed to log-in: User not premium."

Locke: Removed IP address at Shaow's request

Edited, May 21st 2011 11:56am by LockeColeMA
#151 Sep 30 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Gave Up The D
Avatar
*****
11,123 posts
Paskil wrote:
Shaowstrike wrote:
Server is up.


"Failed to log-in: User not premium."


Vataro and Spoonless didn't have any problems getting in.

Edited, May 12th 2011 2:29pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 6 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (6)