Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

SE likes remakes...Follow

#1 Apr 18 2014 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Final Fantasy III possibly coming to PC.

No, it's not FFVI, it's the real III, and the version that was released on the DS, and then on all those mobile devices.

Apparently FFX/X-2 Remake sold some 200k copies. I think it's good news for people hoping for a FFXII remake.

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 1:40pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#2 Apr 18 2014 at 12:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I want a Chrono Cross HD re-release. Smiley: mad Or a new Chrono game, in general.
____________________________
Banh
#3 Apr 18 2014 at 5:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,201 posts
I tried to play FF3 on iPod touch, android, and psp all three times I had lockups and crashes. I just gave up trying
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#4 Apr 18 2014 at 5:18 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
I played it completely through for the first time on the DS. I tried playing a translated version on an NES emulator, but I never finished (and most of the translations I found back then were incomplete or pretty crappy).

They did change it up a bit from the original. Instead of four no named protagonists, you start out as one person and uncover the other three as you progress through the story (admittedly, it's within like... 10 minutes of game play, but still).

I also played it on iOS on my iPhone 5, and it seemed to work without any problem. Only put a couple hours in it.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#5 Apr 18 2014 at 5:25 PM Rating: Good
******
43,989 posts
At this point I wouldn't even purchase remakes of the games that I actually enjoyed.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Apr 18 2014 at 5:52 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
I'll probably buy it if it comes out on Steam.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#7 Apr 18 2014 at 5:54 PM Rating: Good
TirithRR wrote:
Final Fantasy III possibly coming to PC.

No, it's not FFVI, it's the real III, and the version that was released on the DS, and then on all those mobile devices.

Apparently FFX/X-2 Remake sold some 200k copies. I think it's good news for people hoping for a FFXII remake.

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 1:40pm by TirithRR


12? what? That game was stupid... I didn't even realize I beat the game until credits started rolling...
And it still looks like a decent game in today's graphics

Now 7, that is where it is as but "wouldn't be remade until a fresh entry in the franchise surpasses it in quality."

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 6:56pm by Sandinmygum
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#8 Apr 18 2014 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
12? what? That game was stupid... I didn't even realize I beat the game until credits started rolling...
And it still looks like a decent game in today's graphics


It seems the next logical step in their HD Remake road trip, after Kingdom Hearts 1.5, FFX/X-2, and then Kingdom Hearts 2.5. And as long as it makes money, I'm sure they are willing to do it. (And I'm sure 200k*40 dollars - cost of remaking = make money)

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 8:09pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#9 Apr 18 2014 at 7:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,201 posts
I want a HD remake of 9. I Mean even if they keep it psuedo 2D backgrounds. FF7 & 8 are already on PC so if you want HD remakes of them you could just use modded graphics to make it look fancy. THey never released 9 on PC, it has nice style and would look awesome in HD.

12 is meh. I want to replay it but I barely remember it, and I beat it after having my GF save over a 70% + save. So I beat it 1.7 times lol. Like Sand says I beat it and was like, wait its over?

I would like the older games to be remade into 3D but I think that would just require to much. FF4,5,6 had the best characters and storylines of all the FF's IMHO.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#10 Apr 18 2014 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
FF4 did receive a 3D make over, back when it was released on the DS. But something stopped them from doing the same for 5 and 6. Those were left in their 2D states, never released updated on the DS like 3 and 4.

Seems a lot of the issue with the older FF games on the Playstation was their use of pre-rendered backgrounds.

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 10:31pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#11 Apr 18 2014 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,201 posts
I forgot about the 3D FF4 remake, From the looks of it its only on the DS/Android/iOS. Honestly surprised they didn't port it to the PSP/Vita. But knowing SE they probably signed some contract saying it would only be on a Nintendo console. The wiki doesn't say anything about why it hasn't been ported yet.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#12 Apr 19 2014 at 12:09 PM Rating: Decent
Id like to see an FF9 Remake. Something about that game man.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#13 Apr 19 2014 at 12:33 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Stalker rdmcandie wrote:
Id like to see an FF9 Remake. Something about that game man.
This.
____________________________
Banh
#14 Apr 19 2014 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
604 posts
Not to get OT of FF3 and this was the 1st FF i played way back on NES(I think this was the one) I would love to see a remake of D&D Warriors of the Sun that was orignally on the Sega Genesis. Or even Warhammer for PS1..... they were both fun as **** to play
____________________________
EQ acct
Rukkuss 71 Iksar SK 1.5 Epic
Mokkas 70 Halfling Druid 1.0 Epic
Turfidor 66 Barbarian Shaman 1.0 Epic
Simplid 70 chanter(boxed)
Trembledon(70 ranger)/Rumblesx(68 monk) combo
Thugak 58 warrior
Bertoxx server
#15 Apr 19 2014 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,361 posts
Am I the only one who didn't like FF9 that much? IMO it's one of the weaker entries in the series.
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#16 Apr 19 2014 at 1:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,201 posts
I would rate story wise. From least to best, 1,2,3,13,12,8,7,9,10,5,4,6
The first 3 had little to nothing, 13 was just boring, 12 is unmemorable, 8 is Twilight-y, 7 is good but not great, 9 was good but had some pacing issues, 19 was good with bad dialog in places (HA HA HA HA! -.-), 4 had really memorable characters/story, and 6 was the pinnacle.

These are all my opinion of course and you know what they say "Everyone's allowed to their own (wrong) opinion"



Edited, Apr 19th 2014 2:29pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#17 Apr 19 2014 at 1:44 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Karlina wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't like FF9 that much? IMO it's one of the weaker entries in the series.
Out of curiosity, what was your experience with FF at the time you played 9?

I think I was around 17 when FF9 came out. I had played just about every FF title up to that point (at least what was commercially available in the US). For me, it was like this giant nostalgia bomb for when I had been younger and playing the more high fantasy-based FF titles (and other JRPG in general) on the SNES. I loved 7 and enjoyed 8, but 9 felt like an old friend you hadn't seen for years coming over to visit. I'm sure that nostalgia heavily affects my opinion of the game (as it does with Chrono Trigger), but it's one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles for sure.

____________________________
Banh
#18 Apr 19 2014 at 2:03 PM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,805 posts
Nothing like another FF debate thread...
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#19 Apr 19 2014 at 2:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Iamadam wrote:
Nothing like another FF debate thread...
I know, man. And they always seem to push such great content off the front page of the forum.
____________________________
Banh
#20 Apr 19 2014 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Rukkuss wrote:
Not to get OT of FF3 and this was the 1st FF i played way back on NES(I think this was the one)


I doubt you played FF3 on the NES, unless you know Japanese (Not saying you don't, and that you didn't import it back in the 90s, just that I doubt it). FFVI was released in the US under the title FF3 for the SNES.

The original FF3 first made it to the US on the DS some time in 2006 when the 3D remake was released.

Edited, Apr 19th 2014 5:30pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#21 Apr 19 2014 at 4:39 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,361 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Out of curiosity, what was your experience with FF at the time you played 9?

I think I was around 17 when FF9 came out. I had played just about every FF title up to that point (at least what was commercially available in the US). For me, it was like this giant nostalgia bomb for when I had been younger and playing the more high fantasy-based FF titles (and other JRPG in general) on the SNES. I loved 7 and enjoyed 8, but 9 felt like an old friend you hadn't seen for years coming over to visit. I'm sure that nostalgia heavily affects my opinion of the game (as it does with Chrono Trigger), but it's one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles for sure.

I was 18 when FF9 came out and I had also played most of the other FF games at that point. I didn't get into RPGs until just a few years prior though so didn't have fond memories of playing FF4 at age 10 or anything. I found FF9 to be more annoying than nostalgic. It didn't do anything new, and nothing it did was better than any of the previous games (aside from the graphics.) It was like the series took a step back instead of forward. The battle system is so insanely slow that it's hard to play, all the characters are annoyingly cliche, many of the plot twists are copy-pasted straight from FF4, etc... Dear Square. The whole "Main-villain-is-really-my-brother-and-we're-from-the-moon" thing isn't quite as cool or shocking the second time around.

Overall I don't hate the game, but I don't like it that much either. By disk 3 I had to force myself to finish it.
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#22 Apr 19 2014 at 5:00 PM Rating: Excellent
I skipped 9. For some reason I just was not excited about it. I loved 7-8 and picked the series back up at 10. I played 11-12 but have not played one since. I think I tried to play one of the old school ones on my gameboy at one point and was just too annoyed at being randomly attacked traveling the map.

/turns in FF fanboi card.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#23 Apr 19 2014 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,201 posts
Quote:
It didn't do anything new, and nothing it did was better than any of the previous games (aside from the graphics.)


O.o its people like you that make SE think they need to reinvent the wheel every game and spawn crap like 13. The whole point that most people liked it was because it was back to its roots in a more medieval-ish/ steampunk setting, after FF7 blew up and FF8 was a flop. The gear system was a hybrid of FF7 Materia and FF8s Junction system, which was new.

I will admit you need to crank the battle speed up because its slow as **** and the Trance stuff was terrible. (I never tranced on a boss cept the scripted one). Story is subjective, also I liked how it tied back to FF1, if you dug deep enough.

I'm not trying to pick on you or white knight the game it had its flaws and its not the 'best' but its better than average and I would consider it a classic.

I would rather have failures like FF9 than failures like FF13, and thanks to Bravely Default maybe SE is realizing that.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#24 Apr 19 2014 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Karlina wrote:
I was 18 when FF9 came out and I had also played most of the other FF games at that point. I didn't get into RPGs until just a few years prior though so didn't have fond memories of playing FF4 at age 10 or anything. I found FF9 to be more annoying than nostalgic. It didn't do anything new, and nothing it did was better than any of the previous games (aside from the graphics.) It was like the series took a step back instead of forward. The battle system is so insanely slow that it's hard to play, all the characters are annoyingly cliche, many of the plot twists are copy-pasted straight from FF4, etc... Dear Square. The whole "Main-villain-is-really-my-brother-and-we're-from-the-moon" thing isn't quite as cool or shocking the second time around.

Overall I don't hate the game, but I don't like it that much either. By disk 3 I had to force myself to finish it.
Thanks, I just wanted to understand your perspective. I get it, and like I said, the nostalgia factor certainly clouds my opinion of the game.
____________________________
Banh
#25 Apr 19 2014 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
****
5,361 posts
BeanX wrote:
O.o its people like you that make SE think they need to reinvent the wheel every game and spawn crap like 13.

I don't expect anyone to reinvent the wheel every time. I do however, expect the new wheel to be at least a little better and different than the old one. FF13 might have been controversial and bit of a failure, but at least it failed in new and interesting ways.

BeanX wrote:
I would rather have failures like FF9 than failures like FF13, and thanks to Bravely Default maybe SE is realizing that.

And I'd rather have new and interesting games like Radiant Historia or TWEWY than somewhat boring throwbacks like Bravely Default. Difference of opinion I guess.

Edited, Apr 19th 2014 6:51pm by Karlina
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#26 Apr 19 2014 at 5:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,108 posts
Karlina wrote:
BeanX wrote:
O.o its people like you that make SE think they need to reinvent the wheel every game and spawn crap like 13.

I don't expect anyone to reinvent the wheel every time. I do however, expect the new wheel to be at least a little better and different than the old one. FF13 might have been controversial and bit of a failure, but at least it failed in new and interesting ways.


No, it didn't. It failed in old and uninteresting ways. They stripped everything out of the game that makes FF games fun and ended up with a corridor RPG, with next to no equipment options, no real character customization, and simplified the battle system to the point where a monkey with one finger could play the game. They didn't innovate, they just simplified, and they took it entirely too far.
#27 Apr 19 2014 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,201 posts
Quote:

And I'd rather have new and interesting games like Radiant Historia or TWEWY than somewhat boring throwbacks like Bravely Default. Difference of opinion I guess.


Don't get me wrong I love new stuff, but for some series, I would hope they stick a bit to their roots. I play FF games for the story and strategy. I dont want my fights as action rpgs like Tales/Star Ocean while playing a FF game. And I dont want a Tactics game either. I want an ATB/Turnbased game, thats what FF is known for.

**** South Park Stick of Truth is probably one of the BEST turn based (j)RPGs I've played in a long time. And that's from an company that's known for their Wrpgs. You know something wrong when people are beating you at your own game.




Edited, Apr 19th 2014 8:18pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#28 Apr 19 2014 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
I have finally been able to play Bravely Default after getting back home for some time. I've put a lot of time in it but am only in Chapter 2. So far I've really enjoyed it.

And I enjoyed the gameplay in FF9. More so than the Junction system in FF8. Trance was about worthless most of the time, but I really enjoyed the equipment and skill system.

I want another FFTA game for the 3DS. FFTA2 was about the most fun I've had with a Tactical RPG. I've yet to really find one with a better, or as good, battle system. As far as the FF Tactics games go, their battle systems rate (imo) FFTA2 > FFT > FFTA. The first TA gets low ratings because of the stupid law system. FFT had more limited job system, and was very unbalanced. FFTA2 got rid of the real negative penalties of the law system and ended up adding a large variety of jobs and equipment based skill sets, which made questing for new components to get new equipment fun.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#29 Apr 21 2014 at 7:14 AM Rating: Good
******
43,989 posts
Turin wrote:
simplified the battle system to the point where a monkey with one finger could play the game.
Cuz Final Fantasy was known for a complex and intriguing battle systems, not just spamming the accept button to use physical attack 99% of fights.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#30 Apr 21 2014 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,898 posts
I really got bored with BD really, really quickly. Dull story, dull (or worse, dull AND annoying) characters, repetitive gameplay.

I mean, besides heavily weighting nostalgia, I have no clue why people enjoyed the game so much. The only thing I liked about it was the job system (which I don't like as much as FFT's, but I think it might be about as much as you can expect while staying to the classic turn-based formula).

I don't find world maps all that interesting; I know we had this argument to death with the FFXIII "corridor" thing, but I don't have any reaction to world maps that suggests they aren't just corridors. I don't feel like I'm exploring an open world at all, I feel like I'm moving from point a to b, except that can sometimes be annoyingly unclear so I waste a lot of time getting there, and I don't get pretty graphics to make up for it. I really like open worlds in something like Skyrim, where getting lost is fun and interesting in its own right. But not in a JRPG using a classic, low-res world map. Not at all. Hate it.

I stopped playing when I realized the only reason I was still playing was that I wanted to get more jobs. That was it. That's all I was interested in. I wasn't even interested in the combat all that much, I just wanted those stupid jobs.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#31 Apr 29 2014 at 5:14 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,582 posts
I wonder when we'll see a re-release of Chrono Break?
#32 Apr 30 2014 at 2:26 AM Rating: Good
****
5,361 posts
Allegory wrote:
I wonder when we'll see a re-release of Chrono Break?

Why would it need a re-release? This many years later it's still perfect in every way. What could they possibly do to make it better?
____________________________
75 Rabbit/75 Sheep/75 Coeurl/75 Eft/75 Raptor/75 Hippogryph/75 Puk
75 Scorpion/75 Wamoura/75 Pixie/75 Peiste/64 Sabotender
51 Bird/41 Mandragora/40 Bee/37 Crawler/37 Bat

Items no one cares about: O
Missions no one cares about: O
Crafts no one cares about: O
#33 Apr 30 2014 at 10:47 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Chrono Break is the solution to the spammer's wasteland.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#34 Apr 30 2014 at 5:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,329 posts
TirithRR wrote:

I want another FFTA game for the 3DS. FFTA2 was about the most fun I've had with a Tactical RPG. I've yet to really find one with a better, or as good, battle system. As far as the FF Tactics games go, their battle systems rate (imo) FFTA2 > FFT > FFTA. The first TA gets low ratings because of the stupid law system. FFT had more limited job system, and was very unbalanced. FFTA2 got rid of the real negative penalties of the law system and ended up adding a large variety of jobs and equipment based skill sets, which made questing for new components to get new equipment fun.


I want this too. Tactics on 3DS YES PLEASE.

Did you play Tactics Ogre? I really liked that, but then halfway through the game I had trouble with story missions/running out of money. If it eased up on the "here you must fight 2X as many units that are 2 levels higher than you" thing they had going on I'd have thought it was the best.

ALSO. Fire Emblem on the 3DS was a fantastic tactics game. There needs to be more tactics games.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#35 Apr 30 2014 at 5:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,329 posts
This thread is really making me want to dig out my PSP now...
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#36 May 09 2014 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Not all that surprised by the price, seems about the same as all their other versions. A little higher than VII and VIII though.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/09/final-fantasy-iii-pc-will-cost-15-9912-9910-99/

I'll probably pick it up on sale, or if GMG has it with a coupon code.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#37 May 09 2014 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,898 posts
When I was playing XCOM, it made me REALLY want a fantasy version of it.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#38 May 09 2014 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
When I was playing XCOM, it made me REALLY want a fantasy version of it.


I'd buy any FF Tactics game for the PC if SE released them, at full price. Even if it was FFTA (probably the least favorite of the three).

If I had to rank them, it'd be:

FFTA2
FFT
FFTA

FFTA2 tops FFT just for the skill and quest system. The whole TA/TA2 Neverending Storybook thing was kind of Meh.

Edited, May 9th 2014 11:02am by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#39 May 09 2014 at 9:05 AM Rating: Good
******
43,989 posts
Unless there are significant differences between the versions, and I don't mean graphics, then I'd just convert what I already have to ROM and use an emulator.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#40 May 09 2014 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,898 posts
A graphically updated War of the Lions would be deeply appreciated.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#41 May 09 2014 at 10:50 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Unless there are significant differences between the versions, and I don't mean graphics, then I'd just convert what I already have to ROM and use an emulator.


I'm almost ashamed to say that I own pretty much every re-release on every platform they have released them on. I have them all on PS1 discs, and also on the PSN (they had that big sale back on their anniversary) and then I ended up buying them on iOS as they came out cause I was stuck traveling for half a year or so. Then I also ripped ISOs and played them on my CFW Phat PSP... transfered my FFIX save over from my PSP to my PS3 (pretty easy to do, even with CFW on my PSP and latest and greated OFW on my PS3).

I'm a consumer *****.

idiggory the Fussy wrote:
A graphically updated War of the Lions would be deeply appreciated.


I would like to see something like a 3DS FFTA. FFTA3(D) Not because I want a 3D game, but just because it seems that the hand helds have worked pretty well for the FFTA games. FFTA on the GBA, FFTA2 on the DS.

Edited, May 9th 2014 12:52pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#42 May 09 2014 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,329 posts
I'd like to reiterate my desire for a FFT on 3DS.

If it was on computer I'd never play it. Honestly it's a rare day I play anything on my computer except FFXI. MMOs, thou art evil.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#43 May 09 2014 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
When I was playing XCOM, it made me REALLY want a fantasy version of it.


I just saw this pop up on my screen:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/09/popup-dungeon-rpg-create-character-weapons-abilities/

Which, when I followed to their kickstarter page, it led me to this kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206403106/chaos-reborn-from-the-creator-of-the-original-x-co

First one sounds fun, but I'm afraid I'll grow bored of it like 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Edited, May 9th 2014 7:52pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#44 May 10 2014 at 8:30 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
FF III will have Steam Cards

You know you want it...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#45 Sep 17 2014 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
So they released Final Fantasy IV (DS/iOS/Android-Port-Port, like FFIII).
20% off on GMG if you are interested.

Also, there is a Steam logo on the FFXIII website.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/

Seems like maybe XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning's Return may be going to Steam. I wonder if that means FFXV has a chance to go to the PC? And maybe KH3? (probably not)

I wouldn't really be surprised if the whole ported catalog made it to Steam now. (1-6, Tactics and 4:The After Years). 9, 10, 10-2, and 12 would surprise me a bit though.

Edited, Sep 17th 2014 6:42pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#46 Sep 17 2014 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,805 posts
I haven't picked up Lightning's Return yet. I'd probably buy it on Steam.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#47 Sep 17 2014 at 10:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
2,201 posts
FFXV teaser, looks actiony FF13v2? I really hope not. FF series is in one of those weird spots for me atm. I want to play the game on launch but I dont want SE to think that me buying it means its good.

____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#48 Sep 17 2014 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
***
3,436 posts
BeanX wrote:
FFXV teaser, looks actiony FF13v2? I really hope not. FF series is in one of those weird spots for me atm. I want to play the game on launch but I dont want SE to think that me buying it means its good.



ROADTRIP! lmao I don't know why but this actually looks really appealing to me. Besides being pretty (per usual) it looks genre crossing and the action looks appealing to a Dark Souls guy like me.

We shall see.

* also I would pick up those Steam ports mentioned above on sale. I hope they go for it.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#49 Sep 18 2014 at 2:29 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,201 posts
Hey they announced their making an HD version of FF7*!

Only the Bike chase scene

It looks interesting but at this point SE can go f themselves. Just remake the **** game and make lots of money.

____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#50 Sep 18 2014 at 3:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,639 posts
BeanX wrote:
It looks interesting but at this point SE can go f themselves. Just remake the **** game and make lots of money.
And risk people realizing that the plot really isn't as great as Nostalgia-Vision keeps telling them it is?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#51 Sep 18 2014 at 4:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,201 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
And risk people realizing that the plot really isn't as great as Nostalgia-Vision keeps telling them it is?


I never said it was good, just that it would sell. Mechanically though it would be refreshing because FF11~15* are all action based systems. I miss my turn based FFs. Story is still better than FF8, which was basically FF Twilight Edition.

Edited, Sep 18th 2014 5:09am by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CDT
Iamadam, Karlina, Anonymous Guests (48)