Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ESOFollow

#602 May 29 2014 at 12:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,581 posts
By the way, the group dungeons that you can do, like Spindleclutch, Fungal Grotto, etc, pay a skill point. And once you finish the one for your alliance, you can queue for the two for the other alliance. So 3 Skill points per area. But you can't queue if you get too far past the level of the dungeon!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#603 May 29 2014 at 5:34 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Well that's a bummer - that means if I missed the level range for a bunch of them, those skill points are lost to me forever?
#604 May 29 2014 at 8:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,581 posts
As far as I can tell, you are only S.O.L. for the ones that are in other alliances, because the ones in your alliance you can shout for a joining.

I have done Spindleclutch at lvl 27, but can't get to Fungal Grotto or the other one, I did the sewers in Wayrest, but didn't do the other two at that level range, so I am fuuked on 4 points. Don't really know if I want to cut my losses and start a new character, cause I love my girl!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#605 May 30 2014 at 4:52 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
I wouldn't start a new character over 4 skill points, there are plenty. Smiley: nod

I don't know that I'll do any of the dungeons while leveling at all. Healing is my preferred role and I'm not ready - been concentrating on destro staff and don't even have much in the resto skill line yet.

But! All the dungeons are available at veteran rank in veteran mode anyway. Don't know if the rewards are the same, but, you may just be able to grab the skill points then.

Level 25 (again) and almost ready to buy my good horse (again). Bring on the weekend!
#606 Jun 02 2014 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
I thought being a giant viking with a giant sword and unlimited power lightning would be the best thing ever, but then I tried a Nightblade "Blood Mage" healer. This sh*t is right up my alley.

Interestingly, at my leveling speed and inability to save up coin, my 1g Imperial Horse will be better than those 42,000g horsies by the time I can afford them.

Edited, Jun 3rd 2014 12:10am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#607 Jun 03 2014 at 4:58 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
But the Imperial horse never has the potential to reach the maximum speed/stamina/capacity of the 42k ones.

Blood mage rules. Smiley: nod
#608 Jun 03 2014 at 6:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,581 posts
You can go back and do those other dungeons, by the way, you can port to them with the waystones once you have done the first one of your alliance. And, you still get the skill point for completion!

Here is a good link to strategies: Linky

Edited, Jun 3rd 2014 5:14am by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#609 Jun 03 2014 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
teacake wrote:
But the Imperial horse never has the potential to reach the maximum speed/stamina/capacity of the 42k ones.


Is there a cap on the number of upgrades you can do?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#610 Jun 03 2014 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Mazra wrote:
teacake wrote:
But the Imperial horse never has the potential to reach the maximum speed/stamina/capacity of the 42k ones.


Is there a cap on the number of upgrades you can do?


Yeah. Your horse can only "level" to 50, meaning you can only feed it 49 times. IIRC if fed equally, the speed horse will end up 10% faster than any other horse.
#611 Jun 04 2014 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
42,000 gold for a 10% increase... I see where this is going. As if 700 gold for a level 3 staff with no enchants wasn't enough. Not to mention the bazillion gold I'll need for my skill respec once I reach wherever I need to go to respec.

Still love the game, though. And now I have a teleport... so much better than any of the charges in the game. I can teleport across ravines, man. Freakin' teleport, man!

Edit: Kinda wish I'd gone for the Blood Mage on my main character, but ****... Breton girls be pretty.

Edited, Jun 4th 2014 3:31pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#612 Jun 06 2014 at 11:41 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Played during my lunch break today and ran into an NPC in the Alik'r Desert called: Mazra. Smiley: nod
#613 Jun 06 2014 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Smiley: oyvey

I'm just glad I finally got to name a character Mazra. Haven't been able to claim that name since World of Warcraft. Apparently, everybody wants to be me.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#614 Jun 09 2014 at 6:58 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
I'm really torn between the three factions. Well, mostly the Covenant and the Pact.

Ebonheart Pact

Pros:
* Nords! The culture hits home for me.
* The king's voice actor is Peter Stormare!
* The area I'm most familiar with (from Skyrim).

Cons:
* Dark Elves... brr, they give me the creeps.
* Nord accents - who the **** came up with that, anyway?
* Stonefalls is one dark zone, and the quest chain was sort of meh.
* Nords aren't really a great race for my Blood Mage build.

Daggerfall Covenant

Pros:
* Breton accent is my favorite.
* King Casimir is voiced by Bill Nighy!
* Starting area is very pretty and... bright. Quest chain is interesting.
* Breton race fits my Blood Mage build perfectly.

Cons:
* No vikings.
* Bretons can be a bit pompous.
* Not familiar with the areas or the culture.

The Dominion is pretty much a no-go for me. I don't like how the male elves look, and I'm not going Khajiit. On the other hand... the Dominion leader is voiced by none other than Kate Beckinsale. **** you, Zenimax! Why you gotta make life difficult?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#615 Jun 09 2014 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Well, I'm glad you haven't listed the Dominion here, because they're jerks.

Going in, my family and I considered it a given that we would go Ebonheart, because a.) Skyrim and b.) my husband is of Danish ancestry and thinks he's a viking. But then I got far enough in beta to get to that EHP zone that's, like, all ashes and mushrooms. And the city wasn't pretty either. And it was all so dark and unhappylike.

So I checked out the Daggerfall city, and it was a lovely Ren-faire style cliche. And then, you know, the DC aren't going to war because they have ideals and causes and junk, so much as because they want everyone to calm down and stop fighting so they can get back to living prosperous, fattening lives, which appealed to me because I figured there would probably be bacon. And the Daggerfall clothes had Celtic knots on them too.

But in the end pro and con lists don't matter, because.
#616 Jun 09 2014 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
EP gets nicer after the first zone. In fact even that first zone starts to green up towards the end. Then later you get to go to Skyrim which is pretty cool. Giants and Mastadons: still dangerous!

AD has the prettiest zones and dat queen and dat cat. (Coolest NPC ever)

I still need to get around to leaving the city in DC to see the rest of the zone after I get done with my 500 or so hours I see Dark Souls 2 taking me. I kinda think I might save money by unsubbing and re-subbing.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#617 Jun 10 2014 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,581 posts
Okay, I got Silver Bolts from the Fighters Guild skill line, and all I have to say that it makes the Mages Guild quest line SOOO much easier!

And a lot of the story line quests too. Knocks down undead and deadra FTW
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#618 Jun 10 2014 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Rolled a Nord. Then rerolled it to fix a mistake with his appearance. Then realized I'd forgotten to transfer my gold on him. Bye bye respec money. Smiley: cry
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#619 Jun 13 2014 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Haven't played all week, tried to log in this afternoon and couldn't. Endless loading screens. My feverish enthusiasm for ESO is waning a bit. It's not ESO's fault, I may just be due for another MMO break. OTOH maybe I'll play hours and hours and hours this weekend, it's hard to tell. Smiley: grin
#620 Jun 19 2014 at 4:40 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,057 posts
For what it's worth, I got bored of this game fairly quickly and cancelled my sub. Some of my complaints from the Beta held constant (non-instanced dungeons, lack of truly "open" questing environment, etc.), but I'm also fairly unimpressed with the class system. Everything is entirely too mana-focused, so you'll almost always end up playing a caster of some variety if you want to remotely "min/max" your build.

Graphics are excellent, voice acting is excellent, crafting is above average. But it's basically every single-player TES game without the charm and intimacy.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#621 Jun 19 2014 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
I got a couple months worth of fun out of it. That's pretty much double how long most MMO's last me these days. But all of your complaints are valid especially how bad stamina is compared to magicka. That really limits the build variety. Especially since it's not just about flavor. Bad builds will struggle hard, and pretty much get wrecked most of the game unless you go for one of the strong magicka builds.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#622 Jun 19 2014 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,998 posts
Still playing, although work interrupted things for about two weeks so there's that. The problem I have with stam is that it also powers your dodge-out-of-the-way and I refuse to worry about keeping some stam ready to dodge because I'm not going to spend my time staring at a stam bar. This hasn't been too problematical questing, except when I get three adds or I'm battling a mini-boss.

And the storage thing. I have all 8 slots filled with characters and with all those mules I'm spending too much time logging in and out, and still having storage issues. Trait and style items should be stored like quest items. I don't even care what effect that will have on trading/selling them.

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#623 Jun 20 2014 at 6:33 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
I ended up having a really fun time last weekend after I announced (to stupidmonkey, who is the only other person ever on Smiley: nod) that I was going to play it like Skyrim instead of an MMO. Which meant I'd have no concerns about my viability to others, or feel obligated to level up the skills I "should" level, or be organized in any way in how I spend skill points/craft/quest/anything and just be guided by whim and do whatever completely dumb stuff I felt like doing. (Um, I play Skyrim on like 2 difficulty so I can be dumb there too.)

This led me, in the end, to the dreaded STAMINA BUILD. Dual wield, medium armor, sneak attacks, all that jazz. Was a really fun change. Plus it gave me a chance to start leveling some of the weapon skills I hadn't leveled yet.

First let me say, I love the flexibility. I love that I can level up all the weapon skills and armor skills I want, so when I want to change from a fire mage to a sneaky-stabby thief to a healer, it's as easy as a respec and a gear change. Bored with dual wield? Fire staff. Fire staff just got nerfed to the ground? Two-hander. Bored with the two-hander? Archer. No need to bench your character ever. Unless you just really miss Stibbons and want to level an alt to revisit all those good times.

That said, I agree with everyone else that stamina builds are a mess. The shared resource with your dodge/block/interrupt is annoying but I think for me the larger problem -- which is highly fixable so I hope they'll actually, yanno, fix it -- is that the weapon skills suck compared to the class skills. When you're using a staff this doesn't matter, because you can stack your bar with 4 class skills + Impulse (or a heal for resto staff) and it's all using the same resource so it's all good. But use anything else and you'll most likely only want 1-2 weapon skills on your bar, and you still need magicka for everything else, so setting up a stamina build just so you can use that one skill feels stupid. But you need stamina for your weapon damage too, so you go ahead and stack stamina, but now your class skills are weaker because less magicka and it doesn't feel worth it.

And on top of having the advantage of being the magicka armor, the light armor bonuses are so far superior to the other armor types it's stilly. In my current dumb-Skyrim build I've got on 4 medium and 3 light and no 5 piece bonus, because the 5 piece bonus for medium isn't so great anyway. But for the min-maxer or anyone who wants to be competitive in some way? Here's your dress, enjoy.

None of this matters much if you're just running around solo. In fact at level forty... two? I think I am? I'm actually killing stuff faster this way, because ambush two-shot FTW. But that only works if you don't want to play it like an MMO. If you want to work and play well with others, they don't want you without a stick and a dress, and who can blame them? Things just go more smoothly that way.

So that's my story. I don't game much during the week anyway (apart from a frenzy when a game first comes out in which I neglect my responsibilities, but we're way past that with this game), but I imagine I'll have fun again this weekend with my stabby-stealthy-thief. I seem to have finished all my alliance's zones and it looks like I'll be going the rest of the way to 50 with Dumbledore and friends.

And come on. Everybody loves Dumbledore.
#624 Jun 20 2014 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Hey gusy, I heard that the NA and EU servers are both located in the US (lols), so I decided to swim to you guys. That is, if this **** manifest error will get out of my way. I'd very much not like to re-install the entire thing.

teabiscuit wrote:
I ended up having a really fun time last weekend after I announced (to stupidmonkey, who is the only other person ever on Smiley: nod) that I was going to play it like Skyrim instead of an MMO. Which meant I'd have no concerns about my viability to others, or feel obligated to level up the skills I "should" level, or be organized in any way in how I spend skill points/craft/quest/anything and just be guided by whim and do whatever completely dumb stuff I felt like doing.


Solid approach to this game. I'm doing the same, because that's how I play everything ever. I originally went 2h Storm Mage (because sword + lightning), but then I stumbled upon the Blood Mage thing, and now that's everything I've ever wanted ever. Ever. I do have slight OCD when it comes to efficiency, so this NA guy will be my 4th attempt.

Only thing that doesn't sit so well with the zero viability thing is dungeons, but dungeons in general are a concern of mine. I've noticed that people who play dungeons are either completely ignorant to the game mechanics, or under-leveled (why can you enter a level 12-15 dungeon at level 10?) and therefore in the category I call The Whack-a-Mole Healing category. Healing is how I get fast queues for dungeons, but healing an under-leveled tank who spams his taunt (target immune after the third time), or overzealous damage dealers who unbound the block key and therefore get one-shot the second they pull aggro... it's painful.

Healing in ESO (at lower levels, at least) is giving me flashbacks to early WoW: Cataclysm healing. Not a time I'd like to revisit, to be honest.

Edited, Jun 20th 2014 7:11pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#625 Jun 20 2014 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Mazra wrote:

Healing in ESO (at lower levels, at least) is giving me flashbacks to early WoW: Cataclysm healing. Not a time I'd like to revisit, to be honest.


I knew there was a good reason not to do dungeons. I did Spindleclutch solo at level 40 and that is the sum total of my ESO dungeon experience. And it'll probably stay that way for quite some time, or until I go back to WoW in the fall, whichever comes first. I'm still eager to try the PVP once I level up though. I think how long I play this game will ultimately rest on how much I enjoy that, but I don't want to go in under leveled no matter how much they say they "scale you up" because I saw how that worked in GW2 and just no.

If you want some guilds for your NA guy, I can invite you to the Ebonheart Zam guild where nobody's ever on, and/or my Daggerfall guild (a couple of my family members, a couple of WoW friends, and a couple of Zam peeps for a total of SEVEN) where nobody's ever on. Smiley: grin Friend me either way cause I'm groovy.
#626 Jun 20 2014 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
I'll be sure to toss ya a friend request.

Edited, Jun 20th 2014 8:57pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#627 Jun 20 2014 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,581 posts
I have been working for the last couple of weeks, and I have another couple weeks left, so I will be hit and miss, but I am in Teacakes guild, looking forward to seeing you in game Smiley: smile
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#628 Jun 21 2014 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
I'm sure your handles are somewhere in this thread, but I can't find them. Who do I send a request to?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#629 Jun 21 2014 at 4:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,998 posts
Mazra wrote:
I'm sure your handles are somewhere in this thread, but I can't find them. Who do I send a request to?
I was just wondering the same thing, Maz. But my superior observational ability enabled me to find it. Smiley: tongue

teacake wrote:
Are you guys on US or EU? I wants to be in the Zam guild if it's a US guild. I don't mind about name, although I really like Something Something Darkside and Extra Knee Armor. (I can't create another guild myself, I own one already.) If anyone does it be sure to invite me, I am @teacake. Or just send me friend requests anyway because... I don't know. Cookies? Sometimes I seem to get friend requests from gold farmers so if your account name isn't obvious attach a note so I know who you are. Smiley: grin

I have to check, my handle may be BigbadDaedricPrince-chilla. Or possibly cynyck.

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#630 Jun 21 2014 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Mine's @Mazra

Sumbishes done took my in-game name, naturally, but they can't take my username!
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#631 Jun 22 2014 at 9:36 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
@teacake
#632 Jun 24 2014 at 4:16 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Patch 1.2.3 is here, and it's a giant *** patch.

Downloaded something like 4 gigs, installed 18 gigs, and then downloaded another 3 or 4 gigs.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#633 Jun 24 2014 at 5:20 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Yes, but it has jerkins!
#634 Jun 25 2014 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
****, it's about time. My Orc looks ridiculous in a dress.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#635 Jun 25 2014 at 6:27 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
My Imperial looks lovely in a dress, but it's still pretty impractical to be ambushing in. Looks silly when you're leaping forward and it makes those stabby sounds and you're in a long skirt. You would totally trip. Plus, even though I'm using light armor and a staff, I want to be able to pretend it's a bow and I'm, like, Robin Hood. Except a girl. Even a girl Robin Hood would not be wearing a dress.
#636 Jun 25 2014 at 9:31 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Finally got to VR1 and tried Cyrodiil. I can see where it has the potential to be super fun, but gigantic spiky nauseating lag is a huge problem. I get the same thing occasionally in cities but it's more frequent and worse here. Since PVP is probably the only endgame activity that will interest me, I'm not sure how much future I'll have in the game if I'm going to keep running into this - hit a button, wait a couple seconds while screen is frozen and jerky, then find I'm dead (before the button I hit actually does anything). It's a shame because I really like the design of it all and if it ran smoothly for me I think it would be awesome.

It does seem to get worse the longer I'm on for, so maybe if I quit and restarted every 15 minutes it would be better. Doesn't seem like a sustainable plan when other games run fine...

Hopefully it magically improves!
#637 Jun 25 2014 at 10:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Grats on VR1! I'm totally saturated with games again now and lost my MMO drive again but at least one of us made it even after 15-20 rerolls. Smiley: lol
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#638 Jun 26 2014 at 6:30 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Thanks! Haven't really had the urge to start over but I could really use a barber shop.

The MMO thing definitely comes and goes in waves. It seems to cycle with the seasons for me - for some odd reason I always miss WoW in the fall, especially Halloween, and we end up playing again for a while. Speaking of WoW, I'm trying to pull my husband back into ESO by advertising Cyrodiil as a gigantic Wintergrasp that's active all the time. Which is pretty true, except there's also a healthy dose of Arathi Basin mixed in, and he'd run screaming if I said that. The Cyrodiil lag seems to be a common problem which I actually find encouraging - if it's at least partly on their end rather than mine, I have some hope of it getting fixed.

I started getting bored with ESO but I think my interest is on the rise again. It helps that you can play a different way every day (or every five minutes) if you want to. I put all my attribute points into health so I could just tweak magicka/stamina with gear rather than respecs. My goal is to get enough skill points to have both light and medium armor and as many weapons as possible - at least the 2 staffs, and maybe a bow as well. That way I can carry around a set of light armor enchanted with magic and a set of medium enchanted with stamina, both kinds of food, and just switch from rogue to fire mage to healer to archer on the fly without every having to respec.
#639 Jun 27 2014 at 6:44 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
So much for not having the urge to start over... I'm thinking I might want to be a wood elf instead. Smiley: grin It's that accent. It reminds me of Gilneas. I know I'm not supposed to bring my biases from one game over into another but... I freaking love Gilneas.

Edit: I should also note that I got a little choked up when I finished the main story. I'm always into the story in games but I rarely get that into it. You'll be missed, Darien. But I'll be honest, buddy: better you than Stibbons.

Edited, Jun 27th 2014 8:46am by teacake
#640 Jun 27 2014 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,998 posts
You mean to tell me you haven't hit the hard cap on deletes?

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#641 Jun 27 2014 at 1:55 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
They only gave me three! So yeah. I'm not sure who they're actually targeting with that, but it does stop the obsessive people like me from creating --> looking at her in in-game lighting --> deleting --> recreating endlessly. For better or for worse.
#642 Jun 27 2014 at 2:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Wait, ESO gives you a limit on the amount of times you can delete characters?

Edit: Ok, looks like 3 characters per day? I guess that's not bad. Kinda awkward, but it is apparently made to fight gold-selling bots. So ok, whatever.

Edited, Jun 27th 2014 4:59pm by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#643 Jun 27 2014 at 3:15 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Yeah, 3 characters per day is not a big deal even for me.
#644 Jun 30 2014 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
So now I'm just talking to myself in the ESO thread... Smiley: frown

I'm leveling again. I like my wood elf, so I decided to keep her. My other NB is VR1 so I'll keep her too - she can do all my crafting since she has all the basic racial motifs already. And boy, am I saving a lot of time on NB #2 by not having to worry about crafting as I level. With all my crafting on one character and none on the other, the bosmer will have enough points for investment in all 3 class lines, 4 weapons, 2 armor types, and various other guild, etc. abilities. That should fulfill my dream of being able to choose from a wide variety of play styles just by switching up toolbars and (when necessary) gear, no respec required.

All of this is necessary because I feel like I need to have my main set up just so, now that I'm thinking I might stick around ESO for longer than the 3 months I subbed for. Or I might not, we'll see, but the combination of Cyrodiil being fun and the WoW expansion backing off on some of the initial promises that I was excited about make it a strong possibility.

The only question really is whether in ten more levels or so I'll decide I just can't take doing all these quests again and delete her. Smiley: grin
#645 Jun 30 2014 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,998 posts
teacake wrote:
With all my crafting on one character and none on the other, the bosmer will have enough points for investment in all 3 class lines, 4 weapons, 2 armor types, and various other guild, etc. abilities. That should fulfill my dream of being able to choose from a wide variety of play styles just by switching up toolbars and (when necessary) gear, no respec required.
Ah, you're so adorable when you go on one of your idealistic binges. Enough skill points you say? Two armor types you say? Oh my. And what will you do when you see that great big Adamantite Heavy Armor chest piece with the bare midriff and the spaghetti straps? The one with the matching Heavy Armor Greek sandals?

This will be so much fun to watch. Smiley: tongue

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#646 Jun 30 2014 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Listen, sonny, don't you patronize me. In my day, if we wanted heavy armor, we had to forge it in the fires of Mount Doom, which we had to walk to, uphill, through the snow. WITH NO SHOES.

But if you must know, I would never wear heavy armor. When my characters drive daggers between people's shoulder blades, they are ladylike about it. And I hate all the sandals in this game. Who is going adventuring through a wilderness rife with big bugs in sandals, I ask you? If I could get a nice pair of Victorian boots and a lovely high-collared riding habit to match, I'd be in heaven. (High heels are not impractical, as they can be used for stabbing.)

Anyhow I specced it out and without crafting I can get everything I want in less than 175 skill points so neener neener.
#647 Jun 30 2014 at 6:20 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,119 posts
Luckily, I don't need more than a few skills to complete my build. I'm rocking a shield build on one action bar and a healing staff build on the other. One is for questing and doing some pewpew in dungeons, the other is for soloing world bosses and healing dungeons. I've given up on tanking, because **** that. Nightblades lack the AOE CC to be viable tanks, at least until level 30+ where they get their main AOE stuff.

Still playing with the idea of creating a Nord, but the more I try to justify it, the more I come to realize that I don't like the Ebonheart Pact zones. At least not the early ones. I'd only be there for the Skyrim landscapes, and those are pretty limited. Not a big fan of the Argonian landscape with all the mushrooms and ****. Brings back terrible memories of Zangarmarsh.

And I have to admit, not having to listen to those godawful Nord accents all the time... it's pretty fantastic.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#648 Jul 01 2014 at 6:01 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Mazra wrote:
Brings back terrible memories of Zangarmarsh.


I have this same complaint! And even though I'm kind of a big deal in Sporeggar, I have no desire to relive my Zangarmarsh days.

But if you guys are all playing Daggerfall, watch out for Ranser. Word on the street is he's a madman.

Edit: Someone post another post or two. I hate ending on 13 pages. I like 14.

Edited, Jul 1st 2014 8:02am by teacake
#649 Jul 01 2014 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,998 posts
teacake wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Brings back terrible memories of Zangarmarsh.


I have this same complaint! And even though I'm kind of a big deal in Sporeggar, I have no desire to relive my Zangarmarsh days.

But if you guys are all playing Daggerfall, watch out for Ranser. Word on the street is he's a madman.

Edit: Someone post another post or two. I hate ending on 13 pages. I like 14.

Edited, Jul 1st 2014 8:02am by teacake
My big problem with Sporeggar was that I was always unsure if I should refer to the residents as Sporeggonians or Sporeggarites.

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#650 Jul 01 2014 at 11:37 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
I think sporelings is descriptive enough, since afaik there's noplace else they live, so there are no other sporelings the sporelings of Sporeggar could be confused with.
#651 Jul 01 2014 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
I thought Zangamarsh was pretty ace when I first saw it. Terrokar too. I liked any of the zones in WoW that were not "Endless broken rocks" Those zones kinda bored me.

I'm in the last zone EB side on my 40 something ish toon I have not played in two months. That lizard area does drag on for a bit but it perks up after that again for a while in Skyrim.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CDT
Demea, Anonymous Guests (61)