Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Omnibus Direct Distribution Deals threadFollow

#4052 Jul 07 2014 at 11:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Gamers Gate game me a personalized 20% off coupon (it had my user name in the coupon). Decided to buy Demonicon for $6.40, just because...

Not sure if it will be worth it, but it stood out.

That did sound pretty interesting. Went ahead and picked me up a copy as well. No coupon for me, but it does have cards, so I guess that kinda counts. Edit: We'll see how long it takes me to figure out how to break the crafting system in this game as well. Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 7th 2014 11:54pm by Poldaran
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#4053 Jul 08 2014 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Castle of Illusion is $3.75 at GamersGate if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm not sure that I trust Demonicon enough to drop the six bucks and change on it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4054 Jul 08 2014 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Jophiel wrote:

I'm not sure that I trust Demonicon enough to drop the six bucks and change on it.

It does have about $1.20 worth of card drops. If you consider cards an additional discount.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4055 Jul 08 2014 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292910/

Deponia the complete journey. 90% off. 4 dollars.

Well worth it IMO. A very fun point and click adventure game.

Edit. Looks like it is actually 30% off per game you own. And I own all three. So I get 90% off. Sorry. False alarm.

Potential pricing abuse from people purchasing multiple gift copies for 4 dollars each. Apparently no limit...

Edited, Jul 8th 2014 1:10pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4056 Jul 08 2014 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You can buy the $4 copies and gift them. I had someone send me one earlier.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4057 Jul 08 2014 at 11:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Shadowrun Returns is $3.74 via Humble Store today.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4058 Jul 08 2014 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Humble 2K Bundle

Buck tier: Bioshock, The Bureau: XCom Declassified, Darkness II
BTA: Bioshock 2, SpecOps: the Line, Mafia II, Future games TBA
$20 Tier ( Smiley: laugh ): Bioshock: Infinite, XCom: EU

I only don't own Bureau so in for a buck. Waiting for BTA to drop though in case the future game is something worth bumping my payment for.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4059 Jul 08 2014 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
I'm guessing Civilization V. Or maybe the first Borderlands.

I own all the games, so no purchases for me.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4060 Jul 08 2014 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, I'm guessing Borderlands stuff. Only other 2K games I'm missing/interested in would be Enemy Within and if EU is in the $20 tier, they sure ain't going to be giving EW away.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4061 Jul 08 2014 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Only other 2K games I'm missing/interested in would be Enemy Within and if EU is in the $20 tier, they sure ain't going to be giving EW away.


Same. EU on the 20 dollar tier makes EW not going to happen.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4062 Jul 08 2014 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,182 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Yeah, I'm guessing Borderlands stuff. Only other 2K games I'm missing/interested in would be Enemy Within and if EU is in the $20 tier, they sure ain't going to be giving EW away.
If BL1 is in the BTA tier I'll probably pick it up for the story, not particularly interested in the rest outside of Bioshock which I already own anyway.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4063 Jul 09 2014 at 9:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Whore your Twitter account for a free copy of Really Big Sky

Then, you know, immediately unfollow them.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4064 Jul 09 2014 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
I've farmed 263 games for card drops so far. I have 22 games left to farm, 74 drops.

176 cards on the market right now... they are selling, just slowly.

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 7:50pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4065 Jul 09 2014 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Well, you have time before Winter Steam Sale.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4066 Jul 09 2014 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,184 posts
How? When I put up cards they sell almost instantly. I just put them up for a penny less than the last ones sold price.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#4067 Jul 09 2014 at 6:41 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
BeanX wrote:
How? When I put up cards they sell almost instantly. I just put them up for a penny less than the last ones sold price.


Cause I put them up for 1-2 cents more than the ones that are on sale. Depending on the listing. If a listing has 50 for sale at 10 cents, and 2-3 odd balls on sale for 8 or 9 cents, I'll put it up for 10 cents.

So you'll see a dozen sell for 8 or 9 cents, and then one sell for 10 cents. Mine is that one (eventually).

Or a bunch of these last sets I've farmed are for games that sell only 2 cards per day. Some random bundle or WGN key-whoring games that don't have a lot users.

I could drop them all for a quick buck, but over 200 cards, that's 2 dollars more I could have :)

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 8:42pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4068 Jul 09 2014 at 7:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Remember Vanguard Princess?

That one is pretty tame compared to this new release on Steam. NSFW

This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 9:48pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4069 Jul 09 2014 at 8:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Remember Vanguard Princess?

That one is pretty tame compared to this new release on Steam. NSFW

This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 9:48pm by TirithRR


It's a Japanese-style dating sim, the majority of them have fan service like that so it's not as surprising.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4070 Jul 09 2014 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Remember Vanguard Princess?

That one is pretty tame compared to this new release on Steam. NSFW

This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 9:48pm by TirithRR


It's a Japanese-style dating sim, the majority of them have fan service like that so it's not as surprising.


Unusual for that level on Steam though.

Out of all the visual novel games on Steam, it is by far the "erotic" of them all. I have a few of those novel style games from various bundles.

This one is pretty much H-game.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4071 Jul 09 2014 at 8:43 PM Rating: Good
Like others have said, I find it weird that Witcher 2 is no big deal to them but they only carry tame dating sims. Just get over it and port us the good stuff :p

<3 Witcher 2 btw no dis on it just sayin double standard.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#4072 Jul 09 2014 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Master Shojindo wrote:
Like others have said, I find it weird that Witcher 2 is no big deal to them but they only carry tame dating sims. Just get over it and port us the good stuff :p

<3 Witcher 2 btw no dis on it just sayin double standard.


Well, Witcher 1/2 is an action game with a few scenes of boobies and a handful of collectible cards with nudity.

This game is nothing but boobies, and more boobies. It'd be like if Witcher 2 was nothing more than Geralt and an army of women that were always half naked who he was deciding on which one he wanted to bang.

It's not really a double standard. Games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, etc. don't focus exclusively on the fanservice and dating simulation like these H-Game-Lites do.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4073 Jul 09 2014 at 9:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
TirithRR wrote:
This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.
The store page doesn't even have an age gate, which was interesting.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#4074 Jul 09 2014 at 9:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.
The store page doesn't even have an age gate, which was interesting.


Most likely due to the lack of graphic screenshots on the store page.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4075 Jul 09 2014 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
Just checked the recommends on the store page, it's a Visual Novel not a Dating Sim as I thought. Sad that these people are paying for generic anime tits (I can't comment on the story).

Edited, Jul 9th 2014 11:54pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4076 Jul 09 2014 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
Quote:
Publisher: Sekai project.


Wasn't that the group of folks working on translating School Days a few years back?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#4077 Jul 09 2014 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
This one actually had a "Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work." confirmation, not just an age gate.
The store page doesn't even have an age gate, which was interesting.


Most likely due to the lack of graphic screenshots on the store page.


Seems that Witcher 2 has the age gate rating to "protect" its users. This game must not be rated, or something. No age gate.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4078 Jul 10 2014 at 4:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,182 posts
Master Shojindo wrote:
Like others have said, I find it weird that Witcher 2 is no big deal to them but they only carry tame dating sims. Just get over it and port us the good stuff :p

<3 Witcher 2 btw no dis on it just sayin double standard.
You know you can look up **** for free on the internet right?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4079 Jul 10 2014 at 6:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Better **** than disturbingly shiny spherical balloon breasts?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4080 Jul 10 2014 at 8:08 AM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Master Shojindo wrote:
Like others have said, I find it weird that Witcher 2 is no big deal to them but they only carry tame dating sims. Just get over it and port us the good stuff :p

<3 Witcher 2 btw no dis on it just sayin double standard.
You know you can look up **** for free on the internet right?


No way.




Edited, Jul 10th 2014 7:09am by Shojindo
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#4081 Jul 10 2014 at 9:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Bought Alien: Isolation via Russian proxy server from GamersGate for $24 after using the 20% coupons they sent out before. Except Valve hasn't issued keys yet (doesn't release until Oct 7) so I could still get burned if they decide to make a separate RU/CIS version. Wouldn't have bought it if I had known I couldn't put it into my library yet. Oh well, fingers crossed.

At least all the pre-release info and alpha reviews sound positive versus the vibe around A:CM.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4082 Jul 10 2014 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
Bought Alien: Isolation via Russian proxy server from GamersGate for $24 after using the 20% coupons they sent out before. Except Valve hasn't issued keys yet (doesn't release until Oct 7) so I could still get burned if they decide to make a separate RU/CIS version. Wouldn't have bought it if I had known I couldn't put it into my library yet. Oh well, fingers crossed.

At least all the pre-release info and alpha reviews sound positive versus the vibe around A:CM.


Apparently it's extra scary in Occulus VR:

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/alien-isolation-oculus/
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#4083 Jul 10 2014 at 9:40 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
There is a pricing error right now for an Early Access tactical game on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265590/

Supposed to be 15 dollars for 1 key, but it is set to 15 dollars for a 2 pack. If you are interested now would be the time. Apparently it's supposed to be 25 dollars list for 1 copy (15 dollars with the promo), with messed up promo it's 7.50 per copy for the 2 pack and 6.75 per for the 4 pack.

Edit:
Or it's just a publicity stunt to get the EA game up on the top of the best sellers list.

Edited, Jul 10th 2014 11:43pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4084 Jul 11 2014 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
According to the GAF thread on Sakura "Strippers", it's purely a fan service game and the story is extremely bad.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#4085 Jul 11 2014 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
According to the GAF thread on Sakura "Strippers", it's purely a fan service game and the story is extremely bad.


You don't say...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4086 Jul 11 2014 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,952 posts
I deeply enjoy the forum activity this game creates
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#4087 Jul 11 2014 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts


If the game had badges, backgrounds, and cards, those things would sell like crazy. I remember selling my Agarest cards for a premium. Imagine if the cards and backgrounds were borderline anime pornography, you could almost cover full list price.

http://i.imgur.com/Vaw3TsK.jpg

Edited, Jul 11th 2014 7:57pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4088 Jul 11 2014 at 8:30 PM Rating: Good
Loved the gaben monastic music bit towards the end.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#4089 Jul 12 2014 at 2:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,182 posts
Between this and the link to the Steven Spielberg "hunting" photos in the Asylum I've seen enough of humanity's stupidity for one day...
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4090 Jul 12 2014 at 2:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Between this and the link to the Steven Spielberg "hunting" photos in the Asylum I've seen enough of humanity's stupidity for one day...

Someone linked that one in the Asylum? Which thread?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#4091 Jul 12 2014 at 5:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,182 posts
here.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4092 Jul 12 2014 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
I've got an Indie Gala key for Mata Hari. As well as the keys I mentioned earlier still.

Edit:
I am done... for now.
Just have to wait for the money to slowly trickle in.
http://i.imgur.com/c3hujoW.jpg

Edited, Jul 12th 2014 1:55pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4093 Jul 14 2014 at 7:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Obligatory Spam Bump
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4094 Jul 14 2014 at 7:18 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
GamersGate is having a Daeladic sale. I was going to suggest picking up Chains of Satinav and Memoria for cheap but it turns out those are not included. Deponia is, but not the Complete Journey which you can get a better deal on elsewhere.

You could get Blackguards for 66% off. But that's not all that impressive.

Edited, Jul 14th 2014 9:19am by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4095 Jul 14 2014 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
GameFly is having a Transformers sale. 75% off War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. With the 20% off code (JUL20OFF) that's $11.99 which is as low as Fall of Cybertron has been. Whether or not it's worth it probably depends a lot on how much you like Transformers.

Edited, Jul 14th 2014 1:35pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4096 Jul 14 2014 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
http://www.greenmangaming.com/square-enix-deals/

GMG also has a big SE sale. (None if the Final Fantasy titles though).
I haven't tested to see if the coupons stack with the discounts.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4097 Jul 14 2014 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
Can GamersGate Blue Coins be used to reduce the cost of a game, or is it an "all or nothing" deal when purchasing, you have to choose coins or money?

Edit:
I found the answer. I kept looking at checkout for an option to apply coins, but in the FAQ it did say you had to have enough to cover the whole thing.

Edited, Jul 14th 2014 5:48pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4098 Jul 14 2014 at 3:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, all or nothing. Which is lame, especially since they disabled buying a dollar's worth at a time.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4099 Jul 14 2014 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,062 posts
I find it amusing that the full DLC pack for Sleeping Dogs costs more than twice what I paid for the base game.
#4100 Jul 14 2014 at 5:05 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,792 posts
I've got an Indie Gala Steam key link for One Finger Death Punch up for grabs.

Gone.

Edited, Jul 14th 2014 7:18pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4101 Jul 14 2014 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,240 posts
TirithRR wrote:
I've got an Indie Gala Steam key link for One Finger Death Punch up for grabs.


I'll take it if no one else wants it.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 51 All times are in CDT
Kuwoobie, Raolan, Anonymous Guests (49)