Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Omnibus Direct Distribution Deals threadFollow

#3003 Sep 29 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
**
493 posts
Well, I've finally upgraded my computer enough to where I can join the Master Racetm! My question is should I just start buying games now or will there be a big Steam sale in the near future that I would be better off waiting for? I still have my dirty little consoles so it's not like I have nothing to play. At the least, I'll keep checking the daily deals.
#3004 Sep 29 2013 at 1:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
There is going to be a sudo-holiday Steam sale for Halloween, but you'll want to start saving up for the Xmas sales since all the major digital distributors will be discounting a lot of games.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3005 Sep 30 2013 at 3:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,356 posts
BonYogi wrote:
Well, I've finally upgraded my computer enough to where I can join the Master Racetm! My question is should I just start buying games now or will there be a big Steam sale in the near future that I would be better off waiting for? I still have my dirty little consoles so it's not like I have nothing to play. At the least, I'll keep checking the daily deals.


I'd save up as well as buying any humble bundle type things with games you have any interest in.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#3006 Sep 30 2013 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
493 posts
I can play the waiting game for a while, saving up won't be a problem as I already dropped a hundred bucks in my Steam wallet. That should get me a nice crop of games come sale time. Instant backlog!Smiley: laugh
#3007 Oct 01 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
One of the current Raptr rewards is 25% off a select title through Gamefly, so anyone that has an account with both may want to check if they qualify.

The select games are:

Total War: Rome II
Saints Row IV
Company of Heroes 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
Payday 2
Lost Planet 3
Europa Universalis IV
Batman Arkham Origins
Football Manager 2014
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Rayman Legends
Pixlejunk Monsters Unlimited
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Skullgirls
F1 2013
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3008 Oct 02 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,243 posts
Guild Wars 2 is down to $40.00. Who's playing or has played?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#3009 Oct 02 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Elinda wrote:
Guild Wars 2 is down to $40.00. Who's playing or has played?


I still play, and we still have a Zam guild on Crystal Desert, though I really don't see many on (since we all no doubt have our main guilds). If you or anyone did decide to play you can still friend cross worlds, so your world choice is open for you to decide. Dyadem.5139 if you do buy it and wish to add me.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#3010 Oct 03 2013 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
#3011 Oct 03 2013 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
I'd pay $6 for Darksiders 2 easy. Already have it though, and nothing else in the pack really interests me.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#3012 Oct 03 2013 at 2:10 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Im only interested in Red Faction for $1. Have Sup Comm and Darksiders 2 already, but they are both great games.
#3013 Oct 09 2013 at 7:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
GMG/2K offering a free copy of Mafia II or Civ V for voting in some awards thingie, while supplies last.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3014 Oct 09 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
wouldnt mind Mafia II for free. site is sloooow though
#3015 Oct 09 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, it always is during give-aways. I'm sure everyone on Slickdeals and Reddit is trying to get a copy.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3016 Oct 09 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
it's cost me more in time than i deem it to be worth. MEH!
#3017 Oct 09 2013 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,008 posts
Assassin's Creed 3 is on sale on Steam right now for 60% off, and all the DLC is 66% off. They also have the deluxe edition for the same discount and includes:
Quote:
The game, plus
All five downloadable content pack:
-The Hidden Secrets Pack
-The Battle Hardened Pack
-Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy
-Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal
-Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption
4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay
The official Assassin’s Creed® III soundtrack (mp3 files)
George Washington’s notebook (pdf file)

... for $23.99. Sale lasts for 42 more hours (until around midnight on Friday, I guess).

Opinions? Worth getting the whole thing, or maybe just the game + all 3 parts of Tyranny of Washington for just under $20?

I've only played ACII so far, though I have Brotherhood downloaded. Haven't played it yet... AC2 was ok, but didn't "wow" me.

Edited, Oct 9th 2013 6:22pm by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#3018 Oct 09 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,145 posts
I played the base game just long enough to finish the story and never touched it again. It's a great game, but the end of the Desmond arc was so abysmally bad that I just couldn't go back after that. Because of that, I can't say if the DLC is worth it or not, the base game is though.
#3019 Oct 10 2013 at 6:08 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,954 posts
Turin wrote:
I played the base game just long enough to finish the story and never touched it again. It's a great game, but the end of the Desmond arc was so abysmally bad that I just couldn't go back after that. Because of that, I can't say if the DLC is worth it or not, the base game is though.


Oh god, what happened? I heard about the stuff with Lucy, but I have no context there.

I really liked the games, but I ended up halting halfway through Brotherhood and just never picked another one up. Loose plans to go back, but I'm honestly not going to bother if the story has gotten as bad as I see it suggested online.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#3020 Oct 10 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Humble Focus Bundle for the weekly sale.

$1 Tier
Cities XL Platinum
Bowl Bowl: Legendary Edition
Divinity II: Director's Cut
RAW: Realms of Ancient War
Game of Thrones: Role-Playing Game
Confrontation

$6 Tier
Wargame: European Escalation
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Buck tier would be worth it for Divinity II all by itself. It's not a fantastic life changing game but it's certainly fun for a buck if you enjoy action RPGs.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3021 Oct 10 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,145 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Turin wrote:
I played the base game just long enough to finish the story and never touched it again. It's a great game, but the end of the Desmond arc was so abysmally bad that I just couldn't go back after that. Because of that, I can't say if the DLC is worth it or not, the base game is though.


Oh god, what happened? I heard about the stuff with Lucy, but I have no context there.

I really liked the games, but I ended up halting halfway through Brotherhood and just never picked another one up. Loose plans to go back, but I'm honestly not going to bother if the story has gotten as bad as I see it suggested online.


They put in a pretty lame plot device so that Desmond could sacrifice himself to save the world. the wiki page has a somewhat decent synopsis if you're interested. I thought it was a pretty terrible ending, it could have been good with better setup and writing, but his dying was almost an afterthought. It just didn't work at all.
#3022 Oct 10 2013 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,954 posts
That sounds awful.

Seriously.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#3023 Oct 11 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Good
Capcom Sale this weekend on Steam. I'm vaguely temp[ted to get the new DMC for 75% off. I have not played any of them since the first but I remember it being pretty fun.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#3024 Oct 11 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
I would say get MGR:Revengence instead, but it's not on Steam.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3025 Oct 11 2013 at 4:08 PM Rating: Good
That does look rad...

Think I might pick up this while on sale though, cuz kawaii Smiley: blush

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214590/
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#3026 Oct 11 2013 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,211 posts
I got that in a bundle some time ago. its actually pretty fun and challenging, if not a bit repetitive.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#3027 Oct 11 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Onimusha 3 is on sale for $5, definitely worth getting.

Edited, Oct 11th 2013 8:34pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3028 Oct 14 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Probably an example of being way behind, but I just noticed the waitlist feature on http://isthereanydeal.com/ You can add the games you are interested in at the pricepoint you want and I assume it alerts you when there is a deal on any site.
#3029 Oct 15 2013 at 4:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
New Humble Bundle. I'm mainly happy to pick up Incredipede for a buck because it looks interesting and I want to play it... but I know I'll get bored in about an hour and never play it again Smiley: laugh

The new "Must beat average to qualify for late release games" has, ironically, removed any interest from me in paying more than a buck. I used to give at least five bucks per bundle.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3030 Oct 16 2013 at 6:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
AsylumJam is (it appears) an effort to create a horror game and share it. Here are the 2013 submissions. All are single downloads (no Steam keys or whatever) and I sure as **** won't attest to the quality of them.

The video of this dude playing the second game on his list was pretty hilarious.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3031 Oct 16 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
AsylumJam is (it appears) an effort to create a horror game and share it. Here are the 2013 submissions. All are single downloads (no Steam keys or whatever) and I sure as **** won't attest to the quality of them.

The video of this dude playing the second game on his list was pretty hilarious.


Smiley: eek I feel bad for eventually laughing at that. His reaction was pretty funny.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#3032 Oct 17 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
I really want to get Shadowrun Returns. I got a 20% GMG code but that would still total about $15.99 after discount. This is one of the few PC games that I'm not sure I can hold out for on a deep discount.

I suppose I've held off this long...
#3033 Oct 17 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I haven't heard much good about Shadowrun Returns. The main campaign has been described as essentially a demo for what other people could potentially do with the system.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3034 Oct 17 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,357 posts
Raptr is going to give away a 25% off code for the Shadow Warrior remake in 6 hours. Thought I would wait for the Xmas Sales to get it.

http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards/shadow-warrior-discount
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3035 Oct 18 2013 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,954 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I haven't heard much good about Shadowrun Returns. The main campaign has been described as essentially a demo for what other people could potentially do with the system.

Isn't that how the developers essentially described it?

I'm not sure that should be a strike against it. It was pretty openly the design philosophy from the start.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#3036 Oct 18 2013 at 11:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Bioshock Infinite is ten bucks at Amazon through the 20th.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3037 Oct 18 2013 at 11:32 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,098 posts
Has anyone made use of Bundlestars for an actual purchase? I signed up for a free steam game from them a while ago (can't remember which ones) and now I get ads from them constantly with what looks like great deals if you are into the whole "get a huge steam library". Like right now they have one up with Sanctum, Two Worlds, Dear Ester, and 7 other games, for 5 bucks.

I've never purchased from them before.

Edit:
And this week's Humble Bundle Weekly is Penny Arcade's Episode 1 and 2, and a couple Death Spank games + DLC for 6 bucks. I bought it because I got Penny Arcade 3 and 4 for free a while back and haven't played them since I didn't have 1 and 2.

Edited, Oct 19th 2013 1:35am by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3038 Oct 19 2013 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
****
7,817 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Has anyone made use of Bundlestars for an actual purchase? I signed up for a free steam game from them a while ago (can't remember which ones) and now I get ads from them constantly with what looks like great deals if you are into the whole "get a huge steam library". Like right now they have one up with Sanctum, Two Worlds, Dear Ester, and 7 other games, for 5 bucks.

I've never purchased from them before.

Edit:
And this week's Humble Bundle Weekly is Penny Arcade's Episode 1 and 2, and a couple Death Spank games + DLC for 6 bucks. I bought it because I got Penny Arcade 3 and 4 for free a while back and haven't played them since I didn't have 1 and 2.

Edited, Oct 19th 2013 1:35am by TirithRR

I've bought from Bundlestars before. Outside of everything being PayPal, I have no complaints.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#3039 Oct 19 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Bundlestars is a legitimate outfit. Not as big as Humble Bundle or Indie Gala but they're not scamming or anything. If you want the games or just want to fluff your library at 75¢ a pop, go for it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3040 Oct 20 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,098 posts
And FYI, they charge in GBP, so there's various fees associated with the transactions if you purchase in USD, and things end up just slightly more than advertised. $3.50 ended up at $3.61.

Not really a game changer. Got a couple games out of the bundle that I was interested in.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3041 Oct 26 2013 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
****
7,817 posts
Gamefly is offering up to 80% off certain RPG bundles. I grabbed both DA games for 10 bucks.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/503
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#3042 Oct 29 2013 at 2:33 PM Rating: Good
Steam Halloween Sale.

A lot of titles are on sale.

Lasts until Nov 1st.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#3043 Oct 29 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,470 posts
Avoid Nether. Apparently it has a lot of similarities to WarZ/Infestation and there seems to be some loose affiliation between the creator of Nether and WarZ/Infestation.
#3044 Oct 29 2013 at 6:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I want "Of Orcs & Men" but refuse to pay over $5 for it. Which means I'm waiting on a base price reduction.

The idea is interesting but I'm fairly confident that the execution will disappoint.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3045 Oct 29 2013 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,098 posts
Part of the Steam sale is Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes is on sale for 80% off. $3.99

I really enjoyed the Deponia series by the same company (point and click adventures) enough so that I paid nearly full price (release day promotional discount) for the third installment. So I picked up this one. I'm sure it will give me 4 dollars worth of entertainment.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3046 Oct 29 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,817 posts
Wow, I didn't realize they still sold The 7th Guest.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#3047 Oct 29 2013 at 6:55 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,098 posts
The 7th Guest and 11th Hour were just recently added to Steam, I believe.

I think both came bundled with desktops back in the mid 90s, if I remember right. That's why I have the disks somewhere around my house.

Edited, Oct 29th 2013 8:56pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3048 Oct 30 2013 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,211 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Part of the Steam sale is Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes is on sale for 80% off. $3.99

I really enjoyed the Deponia series by the same company (point and click adventures) enough so that I paid nearly full price (release day promotional discount) for the third installment. So I picked up this one. I'm sure it will give me 4 dollars worth of entertainment.


Yeah but it's the 2nd game in the series IIRC, I played and beat it then realized 2 of the characters were from the first game, which is overpriced at like 13 or something. nevermind I just realized they made the 2nd game first then the prequel this year that was just released.



Edited, Oct 30th 2013 1:11am by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#3049 Nov 02 2013 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Gamersgate seems to have a nice selection of stuff on sale this weekend, Farcry 3 is on sale for 79%, It's been a little cheaper on Nuuvem but only by 1.80...so if you have been wanting that like me.. now may be the time to get it. Not steam activated though.

Edited, Nov 2nd 2013 10:10am by Dyadem
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#3050 Nov 02 2013 at 3:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Note that the base price is way jacked up. $70. Not that $15 is a bad price but the "79%" is deceptive.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#3051 Nov 02 2013 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,954 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Note that the base price is way jacked up. $70. Not that $15 is a bad price but the "79%" is deceptive.

Wow, that's ridiculous.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 55 All times are in CST
Szabo, Anonymous Guests (54)