I recently got Skyrim on PC for all the cool mods. Any suggestions?
Midas Magic - Never used it. I had hoped an increased magical selection would interest me enough to roll a mage. Nope!
Specialized Followers - I honestly forget what this does. I think it adds some additional strengths to followers, like upping their weapon skills.
Here There Be Monsters - Adds some high-level (and HUUUUGE) monsters into the world. Haven't fully explored it yet. Found a giant Mudcrab and Horker, though.
Enhanced High-Level Gameplay - Makes enemies tougher as you level. Otherwise at a certain point you just steamroll everything.
More Dragons! - Dragons spawn more often
Spend Dragon Souls for Perks - Goes well with the previous mod. You can spend an increasing number of dragon souls for perks. I think there's a hard cap of like 10 additional perks.
Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization/The Dungeons - More sound effects, makes the world feel more alive. Can be nerve-wracking in dungeons, as you can mistake background noise for monsters.
Lightweight Potions - Makes all potions .1 instead of .5 weight. Not required, but shaved about 100 lbs off my carry weight
Those all decent. Some I think are downright wonderful (and tiny) additions: Dragon Priest Mask Quest Markers
- For finding the dragon priests. Makes it a quest with markers. Unread Books Glow
- For those who have no desire to keep rereading books. Skill bonus books are a different glow as well. Localized Thieves Guild Jobs
- For the meta-quest Rebuilding the Thieves Guild you need to complete 5 jobs in each town. But jobs are assigned to random towns, so it can take a long time. This lets you choose the town. Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
- This quest is a PITA otherwise. Follower Trap Safety
- A must have (or at least get an analogous mod). Follower AI is ridiculously dumb. This helps keep them from setting off every trap in the dungeon.
I want to get SkyUI or a similar mod, as the UI interface is terrible, but I believe it requires SKSE, and I haven't put in the time to figure out what that is. Mods scare me