Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Forum RulesFollow

#1 Dec 02 2007 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
****
9,575 posts
1) If a new poster includes a link to anywhere within their first 20 posts, it's a key logger.

1a) If you have scanned the linked website or have visited it before and believe it to be safe, you are incorrect. The website is just very sneaky. The same applies to all you arrogant Firefox users - yes, you. With the goofy grin on your face and the air of superiority. Don't think we -- I mean they -- aren't on to you.

2) If you have been suspended or banned and come to the forums to complain, we don't care what you have to say. You're at fault. Period. You may either be lying in some attempt to gain sympathy, or you'll make three posts before revealing that, yes, you really did call that annoying person in General chat a "dipsh*t funtlicking caggot" and Blizzard decided to ban you for absolutely no reason. It must be some kind of personal vendetta. Or something.

3) You're an idiot. This one isn't really a rule per se, but it still applies. Recognize that you're an idiot and things will go much more smoothly for you from here on in.

4) You are not an exception to rule 3.

4a) No, not you either.

4b) Look, none of you are, so stop asking me about it.

5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.

5a) 100% of the 'facts' you make up on the spot make you look like an idiot.

5b) In all seriousness, if I see another poster make fifteen paragraph strawman arguments I will smother him with a pillow.

5c) You know who you are.

6) If you're not an elitist, it's because you don't have anything to be proud of.

6a) While you may be of the opinion that the only reason you're not in full Tier 6, downing Illidan twice before breakfast and then going to your 2500-rated Arena teams is because you don't have the time to invest, the rest of us are not.

7) Your story about the one time that thing happened with the guy and the other thing and then that stuff happened is boring. Really, it is. Nobody cares. Nobody will ever care.

7a) We especially do not care about your story about the time the thing happened in the PUG, where that stuff hapepned and then you were all like "watc this" and then they were like "lol" and then that thing with the guy and you were totally like "dude, wtf!??!?!". PUGs suck. It is not an indication that you are good at the game if you managed to be top DPS in a PUG. You can be top DPS in a PUG as a Holy Paladin in healing gear. It is not an indication that anything out of the ordinary happened with Joe PUG ninjas your item for his offspec set, or when that stupid Rogue takes the axe you've been looking for.

8) If your Arena is below 1700, we really don't care what you think about high-end PvP balance. The same applies to PvE if you're working on Gruul but you'll get him down soon! Sure you will, chief. Sure you will.

8a) To be more specific; you're more than entitled to talk about your experiences, but feel free to not draw a straight line between "well, at 1421 rating and with 12 Resilience this happened" and what PvP or PvE looks like when you're actually working at it.

9) Rule 9 is classified.

10) But most importantly, have fun!

10a) No, really. The point of the game is to have fun, not to turn it into Work (or School) 2.0. If you feel like playing is a chore rather than entertainment, turn it off and take a week off. Yes, a week. Your guildies will understand; At the end of the week, see if you want to go back. If you don't, take another week. At some point you'll realize that you either don't want to go back, ever, in which case it's account cancelling time, or you'll remember the things you enjoy about the game. Don't try to force playing out of obligation.

EDIT: Had to... go back... prevent knowledge of... Rule 9 at... source. God save us all.

Edited, Apr 1st 2037 12:12pm by RPZip

Edited, Dec 3rd 2007 2:46am by RPZip
____________________________
Nomepunter

Forum Rules
Guide to Macros
Warrior FAQ

Don't worry - I'm smarter than you.
#2 Dec 02 2007 at 11:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,991 posts
Lol, I like those rules...
____________________________
Barkingturtle wrote:
I puke and piss a lot.


#3 Dec 02 2007 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
**
336 posts
RPZip wrote:
7) Your story about the one time that thing happened with the guy and the other thing and then that stuff happened is boring. Really, it is. Nobody cares. Nobody will ever care.


But this one time when I was doing..... I'll get my coat!
#4 Dec 02 2007 at 11:22 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
896 posts
I like #3 if everyone got off their high horses when they first come in here less people would get angry. No ones right all the time were all idiots some times.

Rate Up^^
____________________________
 
>>>--------> 
#5 Dec 02 2007 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
*
179 posts
Quote:
10) But most importantly, have fun!

10a) No, really. The point of the game is to have fun, not to turn it into Work (or School) 2.0. If you feel like playing is a chore rather than entertainment, turn it off and take a week off. Yes, a week. Your guildies will understand; At the end of the week, see if you want to go back. If you don't, take another week. At some point you'll realize that you either don't want to go back, ever, in which case it's account cancelling time, or you'll remember the things you enjoy about the game. Don't try to force playing out of obligation.


This is so true. Sadly enough, I only started to realise that about 2 weeks ago. You should have posted these rules earlier! QQ

PS: warlocks are overpowered! Nerf warlocks! They always beat me, it's so unfair. It can't possibly be MY fault, because me and my friend have 1400 rating.

PPS: I need some advise here guys... blizzard banned my account. They say I was selling gold, but I didn't! What should I do?

PPS: Something crap happened yesterday. I did a PuG Shet Halls. Needless to say it was a horrific run, consisting of multiple wipes (even thought IMO it's the easiest at Auch) and unnecessary lessons on how to tank. So finally we get to last boss who hopefully will drop my Assassination shoulders and the tank goes afk as we engage. I now need to buy a new keyboard.

PPPS: Can anybody tell me where I can find an enchanter trainer? plx??

The Question for 1k gold is.. how many rules did I break?




Edited, Dec 2nd 2007 8:49pm by nightmareke
____________________________

- LvL 80 Tauren Druid
- LvL 64 BE Death Knight
#6 Dec 02 2007 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
Ahh yes ... the ever popular rule #9 ...
____________________________
[wowsig]2010388[/wowsig]

__________________________________________

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
#7 Dec 02 2007 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
Delightful. Should be listed as the "agree to rule" before creating an account on the forum.
____________________________
The grey wolf Fenrir gazes ever at the dwelling of the gods.
#8 Dec 02 2007 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,691 posts
75% of all "guides" are made because the author wants to feel special, not because he wants to help out the community.

Fact.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2007 9:15pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#9 Dec 02 2007 at 12:21 PM Rating: Decent
Equal Opportunity Hater
*****
19,369 posts
RPZip wrote:

5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.


Smiley: dubious
#10 Dec 02 2007 at 12:37 PM Rating: Decent
Leather Armor Merchant
*****
14,326 posts
Rule #9 is my favorite.
____________________________
Omusa - 66 Tauren Hunter - Illidan
Diafp - 17 Blood Elf Mage - Illidan
Seoman - 70 Dwarf Warrior - Anetheron
Seomusa - 26 Draenai Shaman - Anetheron

"Americans just aren't gullible enough to believe that they came from a fish," John Morris, president of the Institute for Creation Research in San Diego
#11 Dec 02 2007 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
Plays better than you
*****
11,852 posts
RPZip wrote:


5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.



Kvetching works fine. Thanks.
____________________________
Trubbles Stormborn - 25 ARC / 22 CNJ ... 18 FSH / 14 CUL

#12 Dec 02 2007 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
Equal Opportunity Hater
*****
19,369 posts
Jordster, Assassin Reject wrote:
RPZip wrote:


5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.



Kvetching works fine. Thanks.


Unless you're a Jew.
#13 Dec 02 2007 at 1:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
717 posts
Has to nitpick because I'm me.

Quote:
5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.

5a) 100% of the 'facts' you make up on the spot make you look like an idiot.


So looking like an idiot wins? I could make a joke about "case in point" but nah, that's too easy.

Quote:

6) If you're not an elitist, it's because you don't have anything to be proud of.


Ah..ah...ah-compensating!

Ugh...where did that come from? Dang, now I lost my train of thought. Oh well.

Quote:

7a) We especially do not care about your story about the time the thing happened in the PUG, where that stuff hapepned and then you were all like "watc this" and then they were like "lol" and then that thing with the guy and you were totally like "dude, wtf!??!?!". PUGs suck. It is not an indication that you are good at the game if you managed to be top DPS in a PUG. You can be top DPS in a PUG as a Holy Paladin in healing gear. It is not an indication that anything out of the ordinary happened with Joe PUG ninjas your item for his offspec set, or when that stupid Rogue takes the axe you've been looking for.


I'll keep on saying it. Pugophobia is nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy in action. Play to lose and you'll probably lose. It's that simple. Once upon a time, there was nothing but PUGS and we survived.

You are a noob AFTER you do something stupid, not before, remember that.

Quote:
8) If your Arena is below 1700, we really don't care what you think about high-end PvP balance. The same applies to PvE if you're working on Gruul but you'll get him down soon! Sure you will, chief. Sure you will.


"My gear is purpler than yours" doesn't make you always right. There's lots of people who have made to top of the range and above and still learned nothing from it. Chances are, you've met many of them yourself. Just because you've seen it all doesn't mean you understand it.

I don't know about anyone else but where I come from, you EARN respect. You don't get it by default because you have the +7 greatsword of awesomness.

Edited, Dec 2nd 2007 4:20pm by Shamibell
____________________________
A knight is sworn to valor
Her heart knows only virtue
Her blade defends the helpless
Her might upholds the weak
Her word speaks only truth
Her wrath undoes the wicked

...and shows no mercy to those who mock her height!
Shamibell, gnome warrior on Kilrogg
#14 Dec 02 2007 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
****
9,575 posts
Quote:

"My gear is purpler than yours" doesn't make you always right. There's lots of people who have made to top of the range and above and still learned nothing from it. Chances are, you've met many of them yourself. Just because you've seen it all doesn't mean you understand it.


See Rule 8a.

Quote:
75% of all "guides" are made because the author wants to feel special, not because he wants to help out the community.

Fact.


See rule 9.

Quote:
Jordster, Assassin Reject wrote:
RPZip wrote:


5) Facts win arguments. Kvetching does not. Look it up, goyim.



Kvetching works fine. Thanks.


Unless you're a Jew.


My family is secular, so I freely admit to the possibility that I used the wrong tense although I'm fairly sure I got the words right. Just going off what seemed amusing to me at 4 in the morning.
____________________________
Nomepunter

Forum Rules
Guide to Macros
Warrior FAQ

Don't worry - I'm smarter than you.
#15 Dec 02 2007 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,003 posts
RPZip wrote:
3) You're an idiot. This one isn't really a rule per se, but it still applies. Recognize that you're an idiot and things will go much more smoothly for you from here on in.

4) You are not an exception to rule 3.

4a) No, not you either.

4b) Look, none of you are, so stop asking me about it.

I have the distinct feeling that I've seen this before.

RPZip = Thundra!
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#16 Dec 02 2007 at 1:33 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,575 posts
The Demea of Doom wrote:
RPZip wrote:
3) You're an idiot. This one isn't really a rule per se, but it still applies. Recognize that you're an idiot and things will go much more smoothly for you from here on in.

4) You are not an exception to rule 3.

4a) No, not you either.

4b) Look, none of you are, so stop asking me about it.

I have the distinct feeling that I've seen this before.

RPZip = Thundra!


See rule 9 for clarification!
____________________________
Nomepunter

Forum Rules
Guide to Macros
Warrior FAQ

Don't worry - I'm smarter than you.
#17 Dec 02 2007 at 2:06 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
7) Your story about the one time that thing happened with the guy and the other thing and then that stuff happened is boring. Really, it is. Nobody cares. Nobody will ever care.


So much for my sordid story about that time me 'n Jordster found ourselves alone under the bleachers.
____________________________
"Maybe it's time to stop not doing what you pretended you can do and can't, and start doing the thing you can't do but can no longer pretend that you can." - J. Blank
#18 Dec 02 2007 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
Plays better than you
*****
11,852 posts
RPZip wrote:
[quote]
My family is secular, so I freely admit to the possibility that I used the wrong tense although I'm fairly sure I got the words right. Just going off what seemed amusing to me at 4 in the morning.


My choice is secular ... but words like Kvetch will stay with me forever.
____________________________
Trubbles Stormborn - 25 ARC / 22 CNJ ... 18 FSH / 14 CUL

#19 Dec 02 2007 at 6:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
52 posts
Khrystalmyth the Meaningless wrote:
Quote:
7) Your story about the one time that thing happened with the guy and the other thing and then that stuff happened is boring. Really, it is. Nobody cares. Nobody will ever care.


So much for my sordid story about that time me 'n Jordster found ourselves alone under the bleachers.



Pic's or it didn't happen!
#20 Dec 02 2007 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
369 posts
This thread is as pointless as Dustwallow Marsh was before 2.3.
#21 Dec 02 2007 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,113 posts
labudism wrote:
This thread is as pointless as Dustwallow Marsh was before 2.3.


That was awful.
____________________________
WoW
Foxxz - UD Rogue
Xbox Live - School 13us
#22 Dec 02 2007 at 7:37 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
147 posts
#23 Dec 02 2007 at 9:00 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
185 posts
Mageoken wrote:
labudism wrote:
This thread is as pointless as Dustwallow Marsh was before 2.3.


That was awful.


Really? I thought it was kinda snappy.

Mostly because he does have a point.

About Dustwallow Marsh, that is.
____________________________
A gentleman of leisure
#24 Dec 02 2007 at 11:57 PM Rating: Default
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,909 posts
You guys never went Onyxia?

Amusing post, though I thought it was satire after rules 1 - 2; however, 5b) is undeniable.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#25 Dec 03 2007 at 12:57 AM Rating: Default
**
326 posts
I vote for a sticky...

Just wish I knew what rule 9 was...

Tense of kvetch is correct RP. Also secular by choice Jordster (with an uber religious family >.< ) makes family dinners interesting. I still tend to use words like 'kvetch' and 'chutzpah' and 'oi vey'. Yiddish is suck an expressive (and funny) language.
#26 Dec 03 2007 at 1:11 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,729 posts
i say kvetching and im pretty much the anti-jew in terms of sociocultural upbringing (largely italian catholic family). some things just bridge that gap.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#27 Dec 03 2007 at 3:55 AM Rating: Good
Quor wrote:
im pretty much the anti-jew in terms of sociocultural upbringing (largely italian catholic family).

Smiley: dubious

I'm Lebanese...
____________________________
TTITTTTT
TTTTTT
TTTITTTT
OMMMINOUS
HUMMMMMM

ohmikeghod the Venerable wrote:
"You couldn't get a clue if you smeared yourself with clue musk and danced the clue mating dance in a field full of horny clues during clue mating season."
Quor wrote:
LoS is the little bit of darwin that some dev managed to sneak into the programming of WoW.
#28 Dec 03 2007 at 4:08 AM Rating: Default
**
286 posts

You have broken 5 rules

Prepare to be owned...

"zomg blizz hates me their such MORONS n I hate them argh!!!!!!111one
Im not an idiot im ROXXORZ
I got so annoyed this one time when I ran BT and ilidan kild me it sux cos bliz sux cos they make an awful game wich is gliched cos i canrt loze cos I r PWNAGE
90% of gnomes want to be eaten
99% of orcs want to eat gnomes
10% of gnomes taste delicious
You are wrong
This game is terrible cause i play 23 hours a day an my character is still bad cant be my fault cos i am better than ne of you !!!!!!!111111oneeleven"

How many was that?


Edited, Dec 4th 2007 11:16am by Fellord
____________________________
Somebody on the O-Boards wrote:
Warlock - This fight is for those who say OHHHHH NOOO NOT WARLOCK!!! They are very hard fighters because they use the power of main fire and the Satan!!!



Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...
#29 Dec 03 2007 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
*
179 posts
I didn't mean to actually make a game of this...
I was just kidding.
____________________________

- LvL 80 Tauren Druid
- LvL 64 BE Death Knight
#30 Dec 03 2007 at 12:46 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,903 posts
wonder what else RPZip from 30 years from now knows.
#31 Dec 03 2007 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
**
830 posts
Jord is not Quor is not Quinz.
____________________________
This human form
where I was born
I now repent.

alts disease
#32 Dec 14 2007 at 2:01 PM Rating: Default
***
1,602 posts
Quote:
You're an idiot. This one isn't really a rule per se, but it still applies. Recognize that you're an idiot and things will go much more smoothly for you from here on in.

4) You are not an exception to rule 3.

4a) No, not you either.

4b) Look, none of you are, so stop asking me about it.


i lol'ed so hard... >=D

Quote:
Rule 9 is classified.


it should be more like this...

1. you dont talk about the forums...
2. you DO NOT talk about the forums...
____________________________
Duskwood
Velena - 70 Resto Shaman

SCRAWLfc.com - Site Administrator
#33 Dec 14 2007 at 3:10 PM Rating: Excellent
I know what rule 9 is, its...

hold on, someone is at the door...

No, No, don't!

Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh.
____________________________
--- Mike ---
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Aside from the deep and complex parts, WoW is not deep and complex. Jordster
There are only 2 types of goldsellers in these parts. Dead ones, and dead ones that don't know it yet... Dread Lörd Kaolian
Stop hanging out with morons. That's probably impossible though because there are tons of morons out there. Mentalfrog

[wowsig]2577575[/wowsig]
#34 Dec 14 2007 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
***
2,377 posts
I actually am trying to picture him answering the door.. then running back to his comp, typing in "no, no don't!" and "AHHHHHRGHH" while getting "killted"
____________________________
"The game is fun as hell to me and I don't need epeen DPS parsers to feel like a bad mofo. " ~Curt Schilling (A.K.A Wyndwraith)
#35 Dec 14 2007 at 3:50 PM Rating: Default
***
1,602 posts
i'm the guy that killed him... im one of RP's agent..... wait someone at the door...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

*blam*

Edited, Dec 14th 2007 6:58pm by Draeneipally
____________________________
Duskwood
Velena - 70 Resto Shaman

SCRAWLfc.com - Site Administrator
#36 Dec 16 2007 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,677 posts
Quote:
EDIT: Had to... go back... prevent knowledge of... Rule 9 at... source. God save us all.

Edited, Apr 1st 2037 12:12pm by RPZip


lmao
____________________________
Only the exceptions can be exceptional.
#37dabadu, Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 11:09 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) hehe - or as Silthius after BC
#38 Jan 19 2008 at 11:29 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
192 posts
Wow something sure smells like disinternment.
____________________________
I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.

"In Cataclysm, Hemet Nessingwary hunts you".
#39 Jan 19 2008 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
ELITIST @#%^
Avatar
******
25,564 posts
Bamir wrote:
Wow something sure smells like disinternment.
Necro is bad
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#40 Jan 19 2008 at 3:26 PM Rating: Decent
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,909 posts
Quote:
Wow something sure smells like disinternment.


I love the look of Green going Blue.

Always think before entering the Thread Necromancer card into play.





Edited, Jan 19th 2008 6:27pm by Kavekk
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#41 Jan 19 2008 at 4:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
192 posts
Quote:

I love the look of Green going Blue.

Always think before entering the Thread Necromancer card into play.


Well my chronologically challenged friend if you'd have checked the dates you would have seen that it wasn't me that resurrected the thread. I was merely commenting on the fact that the thread had been necro'ed.

EDIT: I've just realised you prob have the filters switched to not show sub-default posts. Anyways again was not me who necro'ed was the guy above me.

Edited, Jan 19th 2008 8:06pm by Bamir
____________________________
I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.

"In Cataclysm, Hemet Nessingwary hunts you".
#42 Jan 19 2008 at 6:18 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,909 posts
Glad to hear it, rated you up to counter it. Sorry about that.

I want it set to "Never Filter" but it seems to reset every few days (I press save settings too).
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (62)