Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

speed hack or ?Follow

#1 Sep 30 2010 at 5:24 PM Rating: Good
***
2,699 posts
So I think twice in my last WG battle I encountered melee DPS moving far faster then I can run smacking on me and a few others. I'm no expert on all the abilities in game (I guess it could be rogues with sprint, for example, I don't think attacking breaks sprint). I guess there are also potions in game. Anyhow, what if anything should be a red flag to me as far as reporting someone? (Just to be clear, I have not reported anyone).
____________________________
Do the right thing.
#2 Sep 30 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
*****
14,174 posts
I thought this was going to be about the GCD hack.

yossarian wrote:
So I think twice in my last WG battle I encountered melee DPS moving far faster then I can run smacking on me and a few others. I'm no expert on all the abilities in game (I guess it could be rogues with sprint, for example, I don't think attacking breaks sprint). I guess there are also potions in game. Anyhow, what if anything should be a red flag to me as far as reporting someone? (Just to be clear, I have not reported anyone).


Uh, yeah, attacking doesn't break sprint. They could also have one of the 100% boost speed buffs you can pick up in the tunnels (the boots), or they could be using one of many items (several trinkets, for example, increase running speed). My suggestion would be that you don't; very few people hack, and if you don't know what the vast majority of things in the game are then you're unlikely to get anything but false positives.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#3 Sep 30 2010 at 6:18 PM Rating: Good
***
1,148 posts
Could have been a rogue sprinting towards you while popping killing spree.

Then again, why would a rogue purposely run towards anyone not stealthed?
____________________________

Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

#4 Sep 30 2010 at 9:30 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
calindc wrote:
Could have been a rogue sprinting towards you while popping killing spree.

Then again, why would a rogue purposely run towards anyone not stealthed?

If you've ever played a combat rogue and tried to run around in stealth, you'd know. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#5 Oct 01 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
***
1,609 posts
Hah, speaking of the gcd hack i've been accused of using that quite recently, when me and a better geared ret were competing in an icc pug. He just wouldn't believe i was that much better than him. Some semi-famous warrior was outed on arenajunkies as using it i remember, when hydra posted combat logs showing his attacks 1.0 seconds apart.
____________________________
Ret Paladin: Rosencrantz

Subtlety Rogue: Tenshi
#6 Oct 01 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,699 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
calindc wrote:
Could have been a rogue sprinting towards you while popping killing spree.

Then again, why would a rogue purposely run towards anyone not stealthed?

If you've ever played a combat rogue and tried to run around in stealth, you'd know. Smiley: tongue


Oh no not running toward us. Running around us, attacking us. A few of us. I would imagine sprint speed would be a bit hard to control for that kind of purpose, but I'm no expert.

"very few people hack"

exactly what I wanted to know.

____________________________
Do the right thing.
#7 Oct 01 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
yossarian wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
calindc wrote:
Could have been a rogue sprinting towards you while popping killing spree.

Then again, why would a rogue purposely run towards anyone not stealthed?

If you've ever played a combat rogue and tried to run around in stealth, you'd know. Smiley: tongue


Oh no not running toward us. Running around us, attacking us. A few of us. I would imagine sprint speed would be a bit hard to control for that kind of purpose, but I'm no expert.

"very few people hack"

exactly what I wanted to know.

Not really that hard, honestly. Once you get used to Sprint speed, it's not too tough.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#8 Oct 02 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,912 posts
Normal speed boosts have:
1- an animation.
2- a limited duration. They last 5, 10, possibly 15 seconds.

I saw a guy cheating once, he was a druid running around in bear form, no speed animation, no character animation of any kind (there was no walking animation) and it was moving at a speed that was faster than the speed of a mount.

He literally crossed the field from one base to the other, in bear form, a lot faster than people on mounts and moved at that speed indoors as well. He had that speed on permanently.

I can't say the exact speed, but he could travel a 60yd distance in less than 1.5 seconds.
____________________________
NOTE: I may post comments about my like/dislike/approval/disapproval of game features.
1- They are NOT a complaint. They are a perspective.
2- They are NOT advocacy. They are a perspective.

Overlord Theophany wrote:
Insults aren't needed
#9 Oct 02 2010 at 10:29 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
xorq wrote:
Normal speed boosts have:
1- an animation.
2- a limited duration. They last 5, 10, possibly 15 seconds.

I saw a guy cheating once, he was a druid running around in bear form, no speed animation, no character animation of any kind (there was no walking animation) and it was moving at a speed that was faster than the speed of a mount.

He literally crossed the field from one base to the other, in bear form, a lot faster than people on mounts and moved at that speed indoors as well. He had that speed on permanently.

I can't say the exact speed, but he could travel a 60yd distance in less than 1.5 seconds.

Sprint is active for 15 seconds. "Possibly" 15 seconds isn't quite right. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#10 Oct 05 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,879 posts
I'd love to know how people are able to walk backwards faster then I can move forward and cast spells which aren't instant cast to boot - that's gotta be a hack.
#11 Oct 05 2010 at 11:43 AM Rating: Good
***
2,699 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
yossarian wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
calindc wrote:
Could have been a rogue sprinting towards you while popping killing spree.

Then again, why would a rogue purposely run towards anyone not stealthed?

If you've ever played a combat rogue and tried to run around in stealth, you'd know. Smiley: tongue


Oh no not running toward us. Running around us, attacking us. A few of us. I would imagine sprint speed would be a bit hard to control for that kind of purpose, but I'm no expert.

"very few people hack"

exactly what I wanted to know.

Not really that hard, honestly. Once you get used to Sprint speed, it's not too tough.


Thanks - also just what I needed to know. I don't play a rogue (obviously) so I have no idea how hard this would be to control. I assume the pot is similar speed, thus also controllable.
____________________________
Do the right thing.
#12 Oct 05 2010 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,912 posts
rusttle wrote:
I'd love to know how people are able to walk backwards faster then I can move forward and cast spells which aren't instant cast to boot - that's gotta be a hack.


1. Snare target or activate a speed buff.

2. Press your tailgun button. (Q or E)

3. Click mouse button and drag to move the view angle to the target chasing you.

4. Use the non-instant-cast spell when it gets the instant cast proc or with a spell that makes it instant cast.


Edited, Oct 6th 2010 1:50am by xorq
____________________________
NOTE: I may post comments about my like/dislike/approval/disapproval of game features.
1- They are NOT a complaint. They are a perspective.
2- They are NOT advocacy. They are a perspective.

Overlord Theophany wrote:
Insults aren't needed
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 10 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (10)