Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Eating CrowFollow

#27 Oct 15 2013 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Xizervexius wrote:
Mazra wrote:
My favorite ranged class right now is Shaman. I pull lots and then spam Chain Lightning while reciting that (in)famous line from Revenge of the Sith.



Refresh my memory please, haven't watched it in awhile and I might just be playing elemental this evening.


____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#28 Oct 24 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
**
499 posts
bodhisattva wrote:
Timeless Isle teaches you very simple raid mechanics


The fight against Cinderfall is teaching my DK that he should just range DPS, since it's insta-death if he bothers to get into melee range. I've since learned that Cinderfall translates to Lol'melee in Darnassian.
____________________________
FuriousJorge

"Your theory is crazy, but not crazy enough to be true." - Niels Bohr
#30 Nov 07 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,436 posts
zachary32 wrote:
I'm probably in a community, but I seriously don't proper care much for the contemporary raiding techniques. In my view, they've just gotten extremely complex.


In my experiences, I don't mind complexity.

If there was some sort of pattern to memorize.. say... Frontal Cone Attack -> Small Range AoE -> Medium Range AoE (but doesn't hit at point blank) -> Cone Attack, that wouldn't be so bad.

What I personally hate is the "You get 1.5s to move or die" crap.

Some people can't react that fast (I have trouble, its a crapshoot -- sometimes I can sometimes I can't). Some people have lag spikes (did someone just engage Ordos just as you started fighting a Yaungol? Have fun corpsewalking, because it can cause up to 0.5-1 second bursts of lag randomly). Sometimes the graphic on the ground does not line up where the ability actually hits (I've been standing outside of it and still got hit).

And really, one-shot attacks are getting old anyways. Do we really need everything doing 500-600k damage to you? Seriously? Whatever happened to a small margin of error? With these mobs, there are none. It is either "Move" or "Die" and nothing in-between unless you are insanely geared, or are a tank.

And then you have attacks like the fire thrown out by Vazuvius. Sometimes he throws two fires ontop of you at the same time. Yup, you get 200,000 per tick damage and even if you start moving from the very second the fire appears, you always take a minimum of 3 tics of damage (because, yanno, moving in water is slow). Unless you have 600k+ health, you're dead wholesale. And yes, this happens even if you're underwater at 40yd range, barely in range to attack him with 40yd attacks. And God Forbid it takes you a moment to notice that you are in the fire in the first place -- maybe your eyes had glanced down to your hotkey bar a split second before the fire appeared. Well, there's a 4th tick of damage and in the 2-fire event, that's 800k damage. Some people might survive 600k, but not likely 800k unless you're a heroic raider.

It's just ridiculous and I really hope they don't do this kind of stuff again in an open-world area. Leave the Raid Mechanics to Raids, please. Or at least allow some margin of error.
#31 Nov 07 2013 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
807 posts
The berserkers dual charge/stun/death! thing annoys the beejezus out of me when trying to ride past them to run to a Houlon spawn or whatever.
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, **** on it and walk away.
#32 Nov 08 2013 at 3:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,148 posts
I wouldn't mind most of the abilities on the Timeless Isle. Only two things annoy me.

1) The Charge done by Berserkers and the Kilnmasters has seemingly no internal CD. If it had you could outride them because the first Charge does not kill you. This way you are more or less forced to fight every one of them that aggros you. The only alternative is the Spirit Healer.
2) Ground effects that do not display properly because of of bumpy terrain.

Other skills may be frustrating from time to time but would be okay overall in my book. That being said, I cannot stand the Isle as a whole. Whenever I read how they think this is the way for future content I get the creeps. I even prefer the 5.0 daily fest to this mess.
____________________________
Osseric
#33 Nov 08 2013 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
***
3,436 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
I wouldn't mind most of the abilities on the Timeless Isle. Only two things annoy me.

1) The Charge done by Berserkers and the Kilnmasters has seemingly no internal CD. If it had you could outride them because the first Charge does not kill you. This way you are more or less forced to fight every one of them that aggros you. The only alternative is the Spirit Healer.
2) Ground effects that do not display properly because of of bumpy terrain.

Other skills may be frustrating from time to time but would be okay overall in my book. That being said, I cannot stand the Isle as a whole. Whenever I read how they think this is the way for future content I get the creeps. I even prefer the 5.0 daily fest to this mess.


Apparently from what I've been told when I voiced my concerns, is that Blizz has heard from the players that they dislike all the insta-death in general, so hopefully that means we'll get more of this type of content (finding gear in random places, opening chests, killing mobs, finding stuff laying around, 'making' gear out of tokens that can be found anywhere), but yet the absurdity of the insta-death attacks might be toned down a little in future iterations.

I hope, anyways.

And yes, my mom has said similar things that if they release anything this bad again, she's quitting the game.

And I hate how they force you to fight Yaungol and ONLY Yaungol to get rep other than a measly 250/day out of the 20 elite daily. And even then, you fight a mob that spams insta-death attacks every 2-3 seconds to get a whopping........15 rep.

wow. All the way to 15 rep. These things have as much health as some Heroic Dungeon bosses and hurt far worse than Heroic Dungeon bosses and they only give you 15 rep. hahahaha.
#34 Nov 08 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,148 posts
I don't like the different activities on the Timeless Isle so much either. Sure, some exploring/finding treasure in likely and unlikely places is cool. But not if there is nothing else to do. The quests that can be found are too few by far and they feel rather lackluster to me anyway. I prefered the model they had with the 5.1 and the 5.2 dailies by far.
They could even combine those two approaches for all I care. Some dailies every day that are chosen from a pool of possible quest-bundles, some solo scenarios and/or one time quests to advance the story at certain points and thrown in some random stuff like it is present on the Isle.
Ideally people who abhor dailies could ignore them and just progress via the other means and vice versa. The way you can choose to either do PvP dailies or PvE dailies on the Isle of Thunder only this time with two vastly different ways of completing your weekly goals instead of two quest-sets that play nearly identical.
____________________________
Osseric
#35 Nov 08 2013 at 10:38 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,436 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
I don't like the different activities on the Timeless Isle so much either. Sure, some exploring/finding treasure in likely and unlikely places is cool. But not if there is nothing else to do. The quests that can be found are too few by far and they feel rather lackluster to me anyway. I prefered the model they had with the 5.1 and the 5.2 dailies by far.
They could even combine those two approaches for all I care. Some dailies every day that are chosen from a pool of possible quest-bundles, some solo scenarios and/or one time quests to advance the story at certain points and thrown in some random stuff like it is present on the Isle.
Ideally people who abhor dailies could ignore them and just progress via the other means and vice versa. The way you can choose to either do PvP dailies or PvE dailies on the Isle of Thunder only this time with two vastly different ways of completing your weekly goals instead of two quest-sets that play nearly identical.


Can't argue with this TBH.

One Daily seems a bit ridiculously low for "things to do" but yet we don't want 30 dailies a day either.

And then the Epoch Stone weeklies are just... bleh.

But then it seems they either buffed the drop rate, OR, they made later legs of the questline drop more often or something, I dunno. I'm getting about 16-18 stones per 20 Elite Daily where when I was first doing it, I was lucky I got the required 7-8/day to get the weekly done in time without having to farm stones.

And I still have to ask... why the *bleeep* is there no rep for doing the Epoch Stone/Rare Mobs quests? Would it really hurt anything if we could get our warp trinket, pet, and mount a little sooner than 5 months from now? lol.
#36 Nov 08 2013 at 8:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,264 posts
Not to rain on the discussion, but I think you guys just fed the troll. The guy who resurrected this thread has a bunch of casino spam in his reply.
#37 Nov 09 2013 at 5:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Doesn't matter. We use any excuse to +1.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#38 Nov 09 2013 at 8:20 PM Rating: Excellent
WTF. Bodhi said something positive? My world has come crashing down.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#39 Nov 14 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Drama Nerdvana
******
20,674 posts
Its been 2 expacs since my hate on Naxxramas. Dang.............


Smiley: glare
____________________________
Bode - 100 Holy Paladin - Lightbringer
#40 Nov 15 2013 at 5:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,148 posts
You could always write a lengthy post about the many reasons Dragon Soul was a terrible raiding tier. ;)
____________________________
Osseric
#41 Nov 15 2013 at 5:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Drama Nerdvana
******
20,674 posts
I didn't really raid Dragonsoul. I left when our guild was working on Spine.

SWTOR ftw.
____________________________
Bode - 100 Holy Paladin - Lightbringer
#42 Nov 15 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Heroic Spine is the kind of encounter that should only be brought up in the same breath as obscenities and blasphemy. It was horrible in both the requirements for the fight and execution, and I only wish pain and misfortune on those who decided that it would be a fine addition to the game.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#43 Dec 07 2013 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,478 posts
Mazra wrote:
The melee penalty is getting pretty ridiculous.

Being a Feral Druid is a downright nightmare in 9 out of 10 boss fights. You have to stand behind the boss AND you have back-loaded damage. Great! Smiley: thumbsup



off topic but holy crap I was wondering if you were still around. I came back after 4 or 5 years of taking a break and while you probably don't remember me I've been looking for some familiar faces around here. The boards aren't nearly as active but it's good to see you and bhodi still kicking around.
#44 Dec 10 2013 at 11:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,387 posts
Webjunky wrote:
while you probably don't remember me

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
#45 Dec 11 2013 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
***
2,187 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Webjunky wrote:
while you probably don't remember me

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Didn't he play a doctor on T.V.?

____________________________
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
Hermann Goering, April 1946.
#46 Dec 11 2013 at 4:47 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Hey Webjunky, I remember you, but it's been a while indeed. 2006-ish, right?

Anyway, in an attempt to verify your last appearance in a thread involving me (or my handle, at least), I did a "Mazra Webjunky Allakhazam" search on Google and am now reading through a lot of old posts where my name was brought up.

Remember the drinking game thread? Good times.

Edit: Holy ****, my English has improved over the years.

Edited, Dec 11th 2013 11:57pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#47 Dec 11 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,861 posts
Mazra wrote:
Hey Webjunky, I remember you, but it's been a while indeed. 2006-ish, right?

Anyway, in an attempt to verify your last appearance in a thread involving me (or my handle, at least), I did a "Mazra Webjunky Allakhazam" search on Google and am now reading through a lot of old posts where my name was brought up.

Remember the drinking game thread? Good times.

Edit: Holy sh*t, my English has improved over the years.

Maybe you're drinking less?
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#48 Dec 12 2013 at 4:38 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Smiley: lol

Unlikely.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#49 Jan 08 2014 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
azwing wrote:


I'm probably in a minority, but I frankly don't care much for the modern raiding mechanics. In my opinion, they've just gotten ridiculously complicated. It's just not fun for me. I'm glad others are enjoying them, though, that's cool.


I don't like mechanics much these days either. Fights are far too complicated these days. It's not that I'm not capable of learning and executing them, it's just that I don't gain much entertainment from doing so.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#50 Jan 08 2014 at 2:57 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
I think the complex mechanics were meant for something with slower pacing than the LFR.

LFR is like 25-man heroics. The moment I hit 90, I can do half a dozen raids back to back, each with a couple of bosses in them, and each boss has a full page of "better watch out for this" notes in the dungeon journal. I don't even have time to read the tactics while moving from boss to boss, and no one's going to wait 2 minutes every fight for me to read the tactics. Way too much ADHD going on for that.

Makes queuing as a tank quite terrifying, especially since LFR PUGs have zero tolerance for errors. You miss a tank swap and you get kicked. Good stuff.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#51 Jan 08 2014 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
***
3,436 posts
Mazra wrote:
I think the complex mechanics were meant for something with slower pacing than the LFR.

LFR is like 25-man heroics. The moment I hit 90, I can do half a dozen raids back to back, each with a couple of bosses in them, and each boss has a full page of "better watch out for this" notes in the dungeon journal. I don't even have time to read the tactics while moving from boss to boss, and no one's going to wait 2 minutes every fight for me to read the tactics. Way too much ADHD going on for that.

Makes queuing as a tank quite terrifying, especially since LFR PUGs have zero tolerance for errors. You miss a tank swap and you get kicked. Good stuff.


^^
This.

Even Ghostcrawler himself said (was it GC? I think it was...) "maybe if you didn't treat your tanks like sh*t, queues wouldn't be so long".

And it is the #1 reason why I refuse to tank LFR myself.

Heroics? Sure.

LFR? **** no.

That and some of the fights.... like Will of the Emperor.....no f---ing way I'm tanking that. I didn't even melee that because I could not tell which way he was gonna swing, as the stuff on the ground never lined up with the little blue swish lines that were Supposed to tell you where he was going to swing.

It all comes down the hardcore vocal minority... "OMG WOW IS TOO EASY WOW IS TOO EASY WOW IS TOO EASY WOW IS TOO EASY" so Blizz has to make things harder just to get them to shut up. And of course, major world first guilds who have been playing the game for a ridiculous amount of time, they want a challenge, they want the bar to be set high... problem is they are in the <0.1% of the playerbase. The rest of the 99%+ can't handle it very well.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)