RL: Well, it kinda sucks... the girl I was seeing for the past several months gave me the old "I just don't feel the same way any more..." speech yesterday. Has me, predictably, in a bit of a funk. Officially single now, but not really thrilled. Still, trying to make the best of it. Going out tonight with friends to try a new Chinese place that has some pretty good reviews. Looking into trying a church (*gasp!*) on Sunday... UU church though, so non-Christian. Should be an interesting experience.
Chinese place was good, but a bit pricy. Might go again, but not for several months. Ended up
a lot on Saturday, mostly mooning over my girl issues... hungover on Sunday, so no church for me
WoW: Already ran MC, BWL, AQ40, and Nax10 this week for the pets. Tried The Battle of Mount Hyjal and failed miserably on Rage Winterchill solo. I think I might have better luck if I bring a free action potion and/or a pvp trinket. Still want to solo BT; might try the Reliquary of Souls this time since it was nerfed. That should let me hit Exalted with Ashtongue (dinged Exalted with Brood and Hydraxian earlier this week). Besides soloing old raids...
1. Would like to get Scenturdist. Still, it'll suck to run several scenarios and not get rewarded... we'll see. Definitely going to run a few though.
2. More dailies; Anglers, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shieldwall. Still need to hit Revered and unlock Shado-Pan and August Celestials. I think I might get Exalted with Anglers sometime this weekend!
3. Pet battles! Want to get the "15 pets at level 10" achievement (currently at 12), and maybe get a few new 25s. I would love to beat the Darkmoon Trainer before the faire ends this month, but it seems unlikely to happen. Only have 2 25s and a 23 right now; and only one of them is strong versus one of his pets. Grumble grumble. Maybe I'll work on more Northrend trainers, though I know Major Payne is going to be a Major Headache too.
Hit exalted with the Ashtongue, also got the 60 Exalted reputations achievement. Beloved am I!... at least in WoW
1. Nope. I did do a few scenarios though; found out that you don't need to do them ALL on a single Saturday, so I only have 2 left. Next week, methinks.
2. Hit Exalted with the Anglers, Honored with Shieldwall, and more than halfway through Revered with Klaxxi. Golden Lotus is so darn slow, though... Still mucking my way through Honored, but less than half of the way to Revered.
3. Didn't get the 15 at level 10 achievement (though I might be at 13 or 14). Didn't beat the Darkmoon trainer either. Hit the 250 pet achievement, and the achievement for catching a pet in each Pandaria zone. Best part of the weekend was getting my Clockwork Gnome to 22, and acquiring a Fluxfire Feline (now 20). Starting to think about investing in some hard-counters (-damage taken, +damage given) for several upcoming encounters. Found this list on MMO-champion:
vs Aquatic: Jade Owl, only Magic pet to learn Flying moves
vs Beast: Sorry, no Flying type exists with Mechanical attacks. So, pick a decent Flying type to take less damage, or a good Mechanical to deal more damage.
vs Critter: Flayer Youngling is the prize all-star here, Curious Wolvar Pup is just behind him. Both are Humanoid with Beast attacks.
vs Dragonkin: Scourged Whelpling... I know, it sucks, it's as rare as a Minfernal, but it's the sole Undead pet with Humanoid attacks.
vs Elemental: Any Snail-type Critter. They all learn Dive, the sole Aquatic attack in the Critter family as a whole. Plus, they are very durable, a nice counter to the typically higher damage output of Elementals.
vs Flying: You got about a half-dozen options: Azure Whelpling, Celestial Dragon, Emerald Whelpling, Lil' Tarecgosa, Netherwhelp, Nether Faerie Dragon, Spirit of Competition, and Sprite Darter Hatchling. All of them are Dragonkin with 1 or more Magic attacks.
vs Humanoid: Any Spider or Maggot of the Beast families. They each get one Undead attack. I like a Spider with Brittle Webbing in their build too.
vs Magic: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling is the only Mechanical to get a Dragonkin attack. Definitely worth getting.
vs Mechanical: Pick an Elemental. ANY Elemental pet. They are a flat hard counter out of the box. Lil' Ragnaros is a nice powerhouse for that job (over a 350 Attack at Level 25), and learns Lava Wave, which is like the Aquatic Tidal Wave attack, in that it destroys turrets, bombs, etc. but it is Elemental-type instead.
vs Undead: Pick a Turtle from the Aquatic types, and use Powerball. The Wanderer's Festival Hatchling is the only turtle to NOT learn Powerball.
So there's a good goal... as I have NONE of those leveled up (and most not even captured