Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ServersFollow

#1 Nov 28 2012 at 5:13 AM Rating: Good
****
7,628 posts
I'm leaving my sever soon, Destro is dead on Ally side.

Taking the guild with me, I'm GM, and a bunch of heads from said guild. We plan on picking up people from the new server to fill out the core.

Anyone have any input on a good Ally server that has a solid raiding community that we'd be able to land on and start running? Not really looking to recruit, more looking for any gossip, servers to avoid or good ideas for a new home.

Honestly, I'm mainly looking for servers to avoid.

Tanks.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#2 Nov 28 2012 at 6:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Ally.... pfft.

(I got nothing. On all the servers I'e played on the ally side were a bunch of d-bags)
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#3 Nov 28 2012 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
530 posts
Apparently Warsong-US is really bad.
Are you looking for PvE or PvP?
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#4 Nov 28 2012 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,030 posts
Time zone? Can I assume US/Pacific?
____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#5 Nov 28 2012 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
199 posts
Use this site to help you find a new home:
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Assuming you want to stay Pacific time zone, Alliance and PvP it looks like your best bet is Tichondrius. If you're looking for a smaller server than maybe Dark Iron would work for you.

Of course if you are willing to change faction, timezone, or realm type than that opens up more options.

I play Alliance on Arthas and I'm in a similar boat (actually the Alliance raid progress on Arthas is far worse than that on Destromath) - most of my guild mates have quit and I'm looking to transfer to Sargeras.

Good luck.
#6 Nov 28 2012 at 12:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
199 posts
ACLinjury wrote:
Apparently Warsong-US is really bad.
Are you looking for PvE or PvP?


Warsong is dead last on the wowprogress server rankings. Yikes. That used to be a high pop day one server. It's sad to see what low population and faction imbalances have done to a lot of once-great servers. IMO server mergers were needed much more than CRZs - I hope Blizzard has plans that they just haven't shared yet.

Back on topic: I would avoid most servers that are lower on the wowprogress realm list.
#7 Nov 28 2012 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
Fenris has been solid in my experience, but I only have Perenolde Horde and Draka Alliance and Horde to compare it to.

Prices on the AH are reasonable and people aren't too stupid. Then again, that's pretty much all I look for since I just PvP.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#8 Nov 29 2012 at 1:33 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
5 posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT come to Emerald Dream. That's the PVE red zone. Cross it off your someday/maybe list.
____________________________
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Intensepwnge/simple
The Emerald Dream Auction House Machine.
#9 Nov 29 2012 at 7:30 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Stormrage isn't bad. Pretty solid PvE server. The big downside is that is a high population server so at the beginning of MoP you would be waiting in queue during the evening. Also there is a lot more competition for crap. That said it does have a decently large raiding base that is relatively good.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#10 Nov 29 2012 at 5:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,813 posts
I'll agree with Theo. Since I rerolled on Fenris it's been a fairly decent server.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#11 Nov 30 2012 at 1:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,060 posts
Criminy wrote:
Stormrage isn't bad. Pretty solid PvE server. The big downside is that is a high population server so at the beginning of MoP you would be waiting in queue during the evening. Also there is a lot more competition for crap. That said it does have a decently large raiding base that is relatively good.

^ this. Was gonna say Stormrage is pretty great for ally pve, but seems I was beaten to it! While a large server does have its downsides, it also means there is a HUGE pool of raiders to pick from when trying to get a team together.
#12 Dec 10 2012 at 1:34 AM Rating: Good
****
7,628 posts
Ya, I should of said PST or at least not EST.

Looking at Lightbringer and Proudmore right now as potential landing points.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#13 Dec 14 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
**
436 posts
I used to have my Allies on Nesingwary - I'd recommend to avoid that. As of a couple years ago anyway, was really low pop, crazy/stupid AH behaviors, just bad all around. I doubt it's improved.

All my Allies are on Kirin Tor (CST) for the past couple years, seems decent enough. I've never done hardcore progression stuff but there seem to be enough competent people that pugging a few fill-ins here and there has never really been an issue. Judging by the other dozen or so servers I am/have been on, the people are, in general, pretty decent. Comparatively speaking of course.

I have a few Horde on Proudmore but never checked out the Ally side. Seems very very busy and I remember seeing pug raids forming regularly in trade (just have lowbies there) so I can assume at least Horde side is reasonably competent.
#14 Dec 14 2012 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
**
970 posts
Pantherfern wrote:
I used to have my Allies on Nesingwary - I'd recommend to avoid that. As of a couple years ago anyway, was really low pop, crazy/stupid AH behaviors, just bad all around. I doubt it's improved.

Just rolled a monk on Nesingwary last night, and have a DK there too - it's where I go when Korialstrasz has world server outages (which were epidemic near the end of LK). So mostly my impression of it is a crowded starting area with everyone asking each other "Wow, is your server down too?".

Oh, and if anyone should happen to find themselves on Korialstrasz (PST), I know of a casual 10-man guild that's trying to reboot after losing half our most reliable people to burnout and to timezone conflicts.
#15 Dec 15 2012 at 1:06 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,628 posts
We decided on Lightbringer, was mostly Ally, PST and seems to have a decent raiding population.

Should be there before Santa.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#16 Dec 15 2012 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
Drama Nerdvana
******
20,670 posts
Horse,

I have been on Lightbringer since the middle of Lich King. There is a fairly robust alliance population, decent progression as a server when it comes to raiding but not as strong as it used to be. Still a heavy pop server. but we used to run pugs that cleared 11/12 HM ICC on our alts, I don't see that happening in MoP. PM me if you have any specific questions.

I am currently raiding with my wotlk guild in 10 man, I think we are 8th on server with 2/6 HM MoV, with full clears of HoF and Terrace on normal. I just looked at Destromath on Wowprogress.com and I am not seeing anything reporting for Alliance. I def say come on over. Feel free to holler at me when you do, I am normally on Bode or making elixirs on my Shaman, Healthpot.

Edited, Dec 15th 2012 2:11pm by bodhisattva

Edited, Dec 15th 2012 2:13pm by bodhisattva
____________________________
Bode - 100 Holy Paladin - Lightbringer
#17 Dec 15 2012 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,211 posts
Just wanted to point out there seems to be a serious lack of Horde on these forums now days, I have Fish and Spoon on my RID(battletag from D3) and Both of them are alliance, **** almost 85% of my FL is alliance (Mostly RL friends that i found out play after). Makes it very hard to do like an Alla LFR/Heroics/Challenge modes :( since I honestly think most of you are halfway competent players.


Edited, Dec 15th 2012 5:42pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#18 Dec 16 2012 at 3:08 AM Rating: Good
****
7,628 posts
bodhisattva wrote:
Horse,

I have been on Lightbringer since the middle of Lich King. There is a fairly robust alliance population, decent progression as a server when it comes to raiding but not as strong as it used to be. Still a heavy pop server. but we used to run pugs that cleared 11/12 HM ICC on our alts, I don't see that happening in MoP. PM me if you have any specific questions.

I am currently raiding with my wotlk guild in 10 man, I think we are 8th on server with 2/6 HM MoV, with full clears of HoF and Terrace on normal. I just looked at Destromath on Wowprogress.com and I am not seeing anything reporting for Alliance. I def say come on over. Feel free to holler at me when you do, I am normally on Bode or making elixirs on my Shaman, Healthpot.


Destro is dying. The last few decent guilds Ally side went Horde within the last month or so.

We looked around for a while. Most other PST servers where either focused on PvP, Horde heavy or had small populations.

Lightbringer had people on when the guild normally raids that also wanted to raid (judging from trade chat), a strong AH and going to a PvE server means easier leveling for alts and not having to worry about getting ganked during pet battles.

Having 6-8 people log on to raid on time and not even being able to PuG the last 2-3 spots is what started the desire to move. I'm pretty sure Lightbringer will be better in that regard, either by letting us PuG those heads or recruit them.

Should be an exciting way to start the new year.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#19 Dec 16 2012 at 5:10 AM Rating: Good
Proudmoore - Alliance is always busy. The Americans are up during the day, and there's a large Australian community up at night as well.

Also, we've got some pretty good raiders.

BeanX wrote:
Just wanted to point out there seems to be a serious lack of Horde on these forums now days, I have Fish and Spoon on my RID(battletag from D3) and Both of them are alliance, **** almost 85% of my FL is alliance (Mostly RL friends that i found out play after). Makes it very hard to do like an Alla LFR/Heroics/Challenge modes :( since I honestly think most of you are halfway competent players


I used to be Horde, until I transferred to Alliance to play with a RL friend who doesn't even play anymore. Smiley: bah

Still miss Blood Elves, but I'm sticking Alliance for the time being because my guild is awesome.

Edited, Dec 16th 2012 6:17am by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#20 Dec 17 2012 at 12:09 AM Rating: Decent
Drama Nerdvana
******
20,670 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
Destro is dying. The last few decent guilds Ally side went Horde within the last month or so.


I went over to Drak'thul, the guild was there because it was easy server firsts. However when it was not raid time, there were less than 10 people in all capital cities combined. It was pretty ridiculous, and made it really hard to do anything other than raid. I ended coming back to Lightbringer. It can be 4am on a Wednesday morning and something is happening on LB. Hopefully you enjoy it, it is nice to see pug raids going or people spamming to do achievements or old content for transmog.
____________________________
Bode - 100 Holy Paladin - Lightbringer
#21 Dec 19 2012 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
****
7,628 posts
bodhisattva wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Destro is dying. The last few decent guilds Ally side went Horde within the last month or so.


I went over to Drak'thul, the guild was there because it was easy server firsts. However when it was not raid time, there were less than 10 people in all capital cities combined. It was pretty ridiculous, and made it really hard to do anything other than raid. I ended coming back to Lightbringer. It can be 4am on a Wednesday morning and something is happening on LB. Hopefully you enjoy it, it is nice to see pug raids going or people spamming to do achievements or old content for transmog.


Seeing that kind of stuff going on in trade chat is a large part of why we picked Lightbringer as the move spot. Will make it easy to grab some new heads that can raid at our times or at least provide the option to PuG a few heads if needed.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#22 Dec 19 2012 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
***
2,030 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
Seeing that kind of stuff going on in trade chat is a large part of why we picked Lightbringer as the move spot.
Just so you know - I'm rolling a toon on Lightbringer as soon as I get home tonight. In the meantime, I'm spending the rest of my day at the office researching **** jokes and Chuck_Norris jokes so I can spam trade chat all night. Just look for a level 1 by the name of "HULKHOGAN".

Welcome to the machine!




(and that is hilarious, Chuck_Norris without the "_" = Allakhazam. Kudos to the Admin who came up with that.)

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#23 Dec 28 2012 at 3:25 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,628 posts
Lightbringer is awesome. Well at least compared to Destro.

Being on an active server is a trip.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#24 Dec 28 2012 at 3:35 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,211 posts
Yeah but your still alliance.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#25 Dec 29 2012 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
****
7,628 posts
BeanX wrote:
Yeah but your still alliance.


Main is a druid and I think Tauren n trolls look silly.

Maybe I could deal with Tauren but the cow thing kind of kills it for me. Troll druid is just a flat out no.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#26 Dec 29 2012 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
Drama Nerdvana
******
20,670 posts
Horde is the new Alliance, fyi.
____________________________
Bode - 100 Holy Paladin - Lightbringer
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 66 All times are in CST
Kastigir, TherealLogros, Anonymous Guests (64)