Monsieur Driftwood wrote:
I decided to try the game out again, managed to stay past the trial this time, and I has questions. I'm playing a Human Warrior, and I just dinged 30 just doing the quests and stuff.
1. How do I customize my hotkeys for abilities/talents/whatever? I now have more abilities than hotkeys, but don't know how to change them around. It's getting kind of frustrating.
1). You can drag ability hotkeys to wherever you want them to be. If you need more hotkeys, hit Escape, click the Interface button, and then on the left side, click "Action Bars". You can enable the Left, Right, and Right 2 action bars for another 30 slots total.
2). Hit "P" to open your spellbook, if you have abilities in your spellbook that aren't on your hotkey bars yet.
3). If you want, you can assign keys to these hotkey bars (I do Shift+1 through Shift+= and Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+= for the bottom left and bottom right bars).
2. Is there any sort of zone like EQ's Bazaar where players sell and trade stuff?
All major cities except the new Pandaren one have an Auction House. Talk to any guard and ask him where it is. All Alliance Auction Houses are linked together; all Horde Auction Houses are linked together, and all Neutral Auction Houses are linked together so it doesn't matter where you list or buy your items from, except for the Neutral AHs; those are in the neutral goblin towns (Booty Bay, Everlook, etc).
3. At what point will this thing where I've been soloing the game stop being viable? As in, when will I just not be able to do it anymore, not, "when should I start joining a guild and doing raids and sh*t".
Solo is easily possible all the way up to max level. There are a FEW group quests (in your quest log, it says (Group) after it) and dungeon quests (those say (Dungeon)..), but those are not required. They reward nice gear and experience if you do happen to find someone to help you, though.
4. What's the tradeskill(or whatever it might be called in WoW) system like? I never bothered with EQ because it was just a pain in the *** and I could just buy anything I really needed.
It isn't very hard at all; it is highly recommended that you take two gathering professions for your character (Mining, Skinning, Herbalism). You can choose two of all of the major professions (anything that isn't Cooking, Fishing, First Aid or Archaeology, which all characters are permitted to learn) to make lots of gold.
Production crafts (Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, etc) aren't that hard at all if you have the correct gathering profession for it on either that character or another character.
5. It defaulted me to a random server and won't allow me the option of playing on a different one, is there just one for each area? If not, how would I go about playing on another server shoud I want to at some point?
Click the "Change Realm" button at the top of the character selection window. You can create up to 50 characters, up to 11 characters on each realm. Edited, Oct 15th 2012 8:58pm by Lyrailis