Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Battered Hilt and Epic Drop Rate ChangesFollow

#1 Dec 16 2009 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/11824296562-battered-hilt-and-epic-drop-rate-changes.html
Quote:
Based on feedback we’ve been provided by players, we’d like to make you aware of a couple of changes we are applying to Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls via in-game fixes. Firstly, we are increasing the drop rate of the Battered Hilt in all three wings of this Heroic five-player dungeon. We have seen a great deal of discussion about this item’s chance of dropping since the release of patch 3.3.0 and agree that it is currently too low. As a result, players should find greater accessibility to this item while running these dungeons, or while trading with other players who have it.

In light of this change, we are also removing the chance for the Battered Hilt or any other epic item to drop from the Skeletal Slaves in the Pit of Saron. The need to “farm” these creatures for the Battered Hilt should be reduced by our first in-game fix and will no longer result in a chance for epic loot or Battered Hilts.

You’re welcome to discuss these changes in this thread and provide us with any additional feedback you may have. Please refrain from creating additional threads about these in-game fixes at this time.

You can find a full list of recent in-game fixes here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=11824414712&sid=1
____________________________
Wahu - Disc Priest (main)
Get an Authenticator!!
#2 Dec 16 2009 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Huh. I personally thought they would have DECREASED the drop rate. The items from it are amazing for nonraiders, and I feel like there are constantly shouts in Dalaran from people on the quest.

Still that's pretty cool that they're increasing the drop rate, as I don't have mine yet.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#3 Dec 16 2009 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,365 posts
It's a great change, but was it needed? Sure, the drop rate was low, but it was supposed to be rare for someone to have it. They never upped the droprate on the Thunderfury bindings.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.
#4 Dec 16 2009 at 8:00 AM Rating: Decent
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,509 posts
I have mine already, so it doesn't affect me.

And I don't really care about it being "rare."

Will it be irritating to see everyone in your heroic group using it? Yes. But just as irritating as seeing everyone using similar clubs. Just makes things boring...
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#5 Dec 16 2009 at 8:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,993 posts
IDrownFish wrote:
It's a great change, but was it needed? Sure, the drop rate was low, but it was supposed to be rare for someone to have it. They never upped the droprate on the Thunderfury bindings.


Thunderfury was a Legendary.

Quel'delar.. while it is good.. is only a purple.

That, and they realize that Quel'delar is the only weapon above i219 that is reliably gotten, heck even the 219s can be a PITA to get, esp now that many people do the LFDs, and I've done like a dozen of them and haven't gotten a single H-ToC from it yet. Ontop of that, you can consider the fact that I've done about 10 H-ToCs and have yet to see a single Edge of Ruin.

So I'm quite welcoming this change...

Quote:
Will it be irritating to see everyone in your heroic group using it? Yes. But just as irritating as seeing everyone using similar clubs. Just makes things boring...


I'd rather see DPS show up with a Quel'delar than a Titansteel Destroyer, lol.

Better gear = we clear the instance faster.

That doesn't mean I'd vote-kick, or badmouth them, or even frown at them.. but to be honest, when someone shows up in full i245+, I'm like "yay!"

Edited, Dec 16th 2009 9:40am by Zariamnk
#6noalala, Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 8:43 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I think it's a wise choice of Blizzard. Cuz what happened (on my server at least).....
#7 Dec 16 2009 at 9:13 AM Rating: Good
Be sure to check your mailbox as a gift from Blizzard in 3.3.4 everyone gets a free Queldalar in your mailbox!

Joking aside I have seen 3-4 drop and lost the roll every time. I'd still like one too plox. *holds out hands
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#8 Dec 16 2009 at 9:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
44 posts
Quote:
That can only mean one thing: Goldbuyers buy this item from AH.


Really? I mean not me by any lengths of the imagination but a lot of people here have his much gold without buying it from goldsellers. I really fail to see how this drop rate increase is remotely related.
____________________________
Vashj 74 DK Ratib
Rantasa (80 NE Druid/Area 52) Ratib(73 Dwarf Hunter/Area 52)
Back playing WoW

#9 Dec 16 2009 at 9:34 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,016 posts
Ratib wrote:
Quote:
That can only mean one thing: Goldbuyers buy this item from AH.


Really? I mean not me by any lengths of the imagination but a lot of people here have his much gold without buying it from goldsellers. I really fail to see how this drop rate increase is remotely related.
Not to make it seem like i'm better, but I easily get at least 5k gold each week for doing nothing out of the ordinary.
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#10noalala, Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 9:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ofcourse I make my conclusion out of my own point of view. I got average about 25k - 35k gold gold, it's never an issue with me. I would never ever buy gold, it spoils the fun of the game.
#11 Dec 16 2009 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
363 posts
Am I the only one who hasn't run any of the new instances yet? For some reason I was able to get into my guild run of ICC, but missed the guild runs of the new 5-mans and have not seen them yet using LFD. Something to look forward to this weekend...
____________________________
this page purposefully left empty
#12 Dec 16 2009 at 10:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,150 posts
Quel Delar is now Unique equip? So my dream of dualweilding its sexy 2.7 speed is gone forever.
____________________________
They'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky... They'll do it in that order.
#13 Dec 16 2009 at 10:41 AM Rating: Good
**
809 posts
They nerfed the solo farmability of it, which pleases me alot.
____________________________
"...for he suffers the worst fate he can know, and that is to know that he dies."
#14 Dec 16 2009 at 11:14 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,418 posts
noalala wrote:
Ratib wrote:
Quote:
That can only mean one thing: Goldbuyers buy this item from AH.


Really? I mean not me by any lengths of the imagination but a lot of people here have his much gold without buying it from goldsellers. I really fail to see how this drop rate increase is remotely related.


Ofcourse I make my conclusion out of my own point of view. I got average about 25k - 35k gold gold, it's never an issue with me. I would never ever buy gold, it spoils the fun of the game.

I mean, I bought almost all mounts, chopper 12.5k (no problem spending that mone, I love that mount), Mammuth with shops on it, 16k gold, no problem spending that. Kirin Tor Ring, 6k gold, and 3 upgrades of 1k gold each, no problem on spending that... These items won't drop anywhere, so if you want them u gotta spend the money.

But.... I won't pay 15k gold for that item wich drops, would you? That's just a waist of money. Perhaps a few rich guys don't give a sh*t and spend it cuz they want it, but why do that if you can just farm for it. People with lots of fairly earned cash (like me) grind, grind, grind I recon.


So you've spent 12.5k gold on a chopper, 16k gold on a mammoth, and 6k gold on a ring that is only really useful as a second hearth....

And you derive from your own good judgement that the only people who would buy a rare item for 10-15k gold are goldbuyers?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
____________________________
FOR PONY!
#15 Dec 16 2009 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
Ratib wrote:
Quote:
That can only mean one thing: Goldbuyers buy this item from AH.


Really? I mean not me by any lengths of the imagination but a lot of people here have his much gold without buying it from goldsellers. I really fail to see how this drop rate increase is remotely related.


I could have bought a hilt this morning for 4.6k on the AH. One sold last week for 50k. I would in no way assume that the only people with money are the gold buyers. I could sit in the AH all day with a relatively low level character and make gold. For many people, making a bit of cash is a large part of their game enjoyment.

____________________________
Wahu - Disc Priest (main)
Get an Authenticator!!
#16 Dec 16 2009 at 11:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,225 posts
noalala wrote:

I mean, I bought almost all mounts, chopper 12.5k (no problem spending that mone, I love that mount), Mammuth with shops on it, 16k gold, no problem spending that. Kirin Tor Ring, 6k gold, and 3 upgrades of 1k gold each, no problem on spending that... These items won't drop anywhere, so if you want them u gotta spend the money.


Have you bought the Grand Mammoth from Sons of Hodir too? There's 2 from them, one for 800 and one for 8k.

____________________________
Firelox

#17 Dec 16 2009 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,157 posts
I approve this change. I've been HAMMERING the LFG tool since last tuesday, with TONS of Frozen Halls heroics runs. I still haven't even seen a hilt drop to lose the roll on it.
____________________________
Cicorest, Mage||Das Führer, DK||Nalgas, Rogue
^Cenarian Circle^
1983 Mazda RX7 GSL - Rexie - My Garage

"Saying that a druid can go resto and do well in arena and saying that a hunter can't do the same doesn't make any sense whatsoever." - Wait
#18 Dec 16 2009 at 4:56 PM Rating: Good
**
970 posts
baveux wrote:

So you've spent 12.5k gold on a chopper, 16k gold on a mammoth, and 6k gold on a ring that is only really useful as a second hearth....

One of these things is not like the others... The mounts are pure vanity, but the ring is upgradeable to ilvl 251, and by my gear list is currently second-best-in-slot for healadins in strict 10-man content (pre-hardmodes), and best until Revered with the new rep grind. I'll still be wearing it when my guild fights Arthas (along with the damn ilvl 200 libram, most likely).

That said, people who spend that much money to get a jump on an item that everyone will have by New Year's and everyone's alt by Valentine's Day - they're living examples of the Greater Fool Theory.
#19 Dec 17 2009 at 3:03 AM Rating: Good
A friend of mine and myself were in a group last night where the battered hilt dropped.

Someone else won it, but if we had won (I'm a DK, he's a Pally) we would have sold it and split the proceeds. People are still buying it for about 10K on our server.

Pretty soon, with the increased drop rate and every Tom Dick and Harry farming the new heroics for upgrades, everyone will have one and the price will drop so low we'll be able to afford to buy 6 each with our winnings.

In the meantime, we are happy with the weapon drops we're getting and we'll consider a battered hilt a golden gift for the holidays.
____________________________
TTITTTTT
TTTTTT
TTTITTTT
OMMMINOUS
HUMMMMMM

ohmikeghod the Venerable wrote:
"You couldn't get a clue if you smeared yourself with clue musk and danced the clue mating dance in a field full of horny clues during clue mating season."
Quor wrote:
LoS is the little bit of darwin that some dev managed to sneak into the programming of WoW.
#20 Dec 17 2009 at 6:18 AM Rating: Good
I'm going to keep a close eye on the horde and alliance AH for these. There could be an opportunity for a little buying and selling cross faction.
____________________________
Wahu - Disc Priest (main)
Get an Authenticator!!
#21 Dec 17 2009 at 6:44 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Will it be irritating to see everyone in your heroic group using it? Yes.


Will be quite thrilling to see everyone in the group have level 250+ weapons - means a more solid group.

I was insanely lucky and got mine on the first day (didn't even realize what I'd gotten at the time) but I've got nothing against having the rate of a random item's drop rate increase (although seeing the shout that so-and-so just got one every five minutes in Dalaran makes me doubt its overall rarity) - its not like you're working hard, raiding, questing or farming to get it and raising the rate takes away from others.
#22 Dec 17 2009 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
101 posts
On first day after 3.3 was applied that item dropped a lot. I was such a big drop rate that Blizzard decided to nerf drop rate of that item. But as always when Blizzard nerf something, they overnerf it. So after that change drop rate for hilt was very, very low. Few days later (probably due to mass QQ on forums) Blizzard decided to buff drop rate a bit. This is where we are now.

I saw one epic item that dropped in Pit of Saron, it was a bubble or something. Hilt didn't drop for me yet.
#23noalala, Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 9:39 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Dunno what the reason is that my comments are "minimalized" and sub-defaulted...
#24 Dec 17 2009 at 9:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,509 posts
Quote:
Dunno what the reason is that my comments are "minimalized" and sub-defaulted...


It's because what you said was stupid.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#25 Dec 23 2009 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
290 posts
I got my Battered Hilt in HoR last night and hope this means I'll be seeing more for guildies. Of course, it was a little embarrassing when the PUG I was with killed the first boss and I got the "250 Dungeon & Raid Emblem" achievement.
#26 Dec 23 2009 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,047 posts
Quote:
Pretty soon, with the increased drop rate and every Tom Dick and Harry farming the new heroics for upgrades, everyone will have one and the price will drop so low we'll be able to afford to buy 6 each with our winnings.


I need like 5. :P I don't see the demand for this abating soon.

I don't have to free time to raid all my 80s, but I can run them all through heroic gear and get them things like this. If the hilts ever come down to 10k on my server I'd buy them up. They are going on the AH for 20-30k and same on trade. For 10k, I'd buy maybe 3.
____________________________
Karthal - Moon Guard - Warrior [A]
Katran - Moon Guard - Warlock [A]
Taurun - Moon Guard - Shaman [H]
Stygius - Moon Guard - Death Knight [A]
Katekat - Moon Guard - Paladin [A]
Karthal(FFXI) - Seraph Server - Warrior 75, BeastMaster 70
#27 Dec 23 2009 at 6:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
145 posts
got the hilt on my first PoS run...thinking I should have sold it instead of doing the quests lol
____________________________
75BLM/75BLU/75Smn/73BST
Retired July 2009



#28 Dec 23 2009 at 6:59 PM Rating: Good
***
1,175 posts
Overlord danieldakkak wrote:
A friend of mine and myself were in a group last night where the battered hilt dropped.

Someone else won it, but if we had won (I'm a DK, he's a Pally) we would have sold it and split the proceeds. People are still buying it for about 10K on our server.

Pretty soon, with the increased drop rate and every Tom Dick and Harry farming the new heroics for upgrades, everyone will have one and the price will drop so low we'll be able to afford to buy 6 each with our winnings.

In the meantime, we are happy with the weapon drops we're getting and we'll consider a battered hilt a golden gift for the holidays.


I would be the same way. If I get a hilt and any of my buddies are in my run, I will sell it and split the proceeds.
#29 Dec 23 2009 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,365 posts
typongtive wrote:
got the hilt on my first PoS run...thinking I should have sold it instead of doing the quests lol


Excuse me as I bubble over with rage and envy.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.
#30 Dec 23 2009 at 11:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,313 posts
I think they should increase the drop rate some more but make it BOP. The way it is now rather somebody needs it or not they are going to NEED it due to the high value it goes for on the AH. Or they could make it auto pass if you did the quest. I have never actually seen one drop yet. Friend I work with saw 3 drop in a single dungeon.
____________________________
Hi
#31 Dec 24 2009 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
**
878 posts
noalala wrote:
Dunno what the reason is that my comments are "minimalized" and sub-defaulted...


The main thing that made me rate you down was the fact that you repeatedly called a "Weapon" a "wpn" Then you ranted on and on about how much money you had and the shiny things you had all bought with grinding gold... in order to say that being able to pay money for gear is.. stupid??


Please for the love of all that is holy,
1. Use Firefox
2. See red squiggles? Right click them to see if what you typed is legible.
3. Before you hit the "post message" button RE-READ what you typed and try to picture yourself as someone else reading it.
4. Before you hit the "post message" button RE-READ what you typed and try to picture yourself as someone else reading it.



Thank you,

Your readers.
#32 Dec 24 2009 at 2:44 AM Rating: Good
**
878 posts
fronglo wrote:
I think they should increase the drop rate some more but make it BOP. The way it is now rather somebody needs it or not they are going to NEED it due to the high value it goes for on the AH. Or they could make it auto pass if you did the quest. I have never actually seen one drop yet. Friend I work with saw 3 drop in a single dungeon.


I agree.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (61)