For being a bunch of whining 5 yr olds they sure know how to play people like puppets on a string...
You should see how my 3 year old daughter has my Mother-in-law wrapped around her finger, it's REALLY funny. One of the things my daughter is most famous for is saying she has a "boo-boo" in her ear and need to go to the doctor. She was in-fact getting ear infections commonly at one point, but you could tell when it was really bothering her or not. Now she has tubes in her ears and they do a great job of preventing the infections. The problem is that she actually LIKES going to the doctors because they do hearing tests and other things that she now considers fun, that and the fact that they give stickers and when we're done I buy her cookies or chips for being good. My Mother-in-law is a big worrier so whenever my daughter complains about her ears I HAVE to take her and she nags the hell out of me if I don't. When I say there is nothing wrong with her though, there isn't and I'm proven right.
Yes off topic, but I had to do it.
I love how people are threatening not to play it they don't get the stupid name of their choice to call themselves by. "It's my identity, everyone knows me by it." But what happens if those names were allowed and end up taken? Then they'll quit or not play? I don't think so. They'll make something like it, but something like it is NOT the same name. Why would something like it be acceptable then? They didn't get the name they wanted, their 'Identity', they had to choose something else. People won't know it's them if it's not THAT name. You'll actually have to tell them that in this game your name is "insert-name-here".
Now, let's assume the stupid names just aren't allowed. You people with the stupid names should just pick a more fitting name and tell your friends that in WoW you name will be "insert-name-here"?(sorry to those with stupid names by your own choice, but Buttpounder, PowerPufGirl, DrEvill, and such really aren't fitting(obviously I am far from the only person who thinks so)).
Blizzard isn't going to go out of business because all the people who didn't like this policy decided not to play. Most will in-fact buy the game and try to make a more acceptable name. I would think 95% of the people currently complaining, whining and stating they won't play will do this. As far as the other 5% are concerned, if they don't play I'll be happier. If they are really that stupid to not play over such a silly thing, then chances are I wouldn't have wanted to play with them in the first place.
As a matter of fact, all the complaining is really sounding stupid at this point, they are all sounding like 5 year olds. I'd personally be just as happy if none of them played. There will be more than enough other people to play with. I'm sure the people with more brain-power who had a stupid name just thought to themselves "Oh well, guess I'll have to think of a different name for retail" and went about their lives as if it wasn't a huge issue at all. Silly them huh?
I'd challenge you to a battle of witts, but I don't fight unarmed opponents.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Admiral Hyman Rickover