after I have spent some hours reading, I still don't know which class to choose.
I have to say that the Enchanters, Illusionist and Coercer, are the most interesting classes to me. In general, I would only play a spell casting class.
Besides it is also very important, that I am more interested in PvP than PvE (I know that Everquest 2 is not the best choice for that).
(1) Is it correct that both Enchanters are mostly designed for controlling the enemies with their spells (CCs, Stun, ...)?
(2) Wouldn't this reveal that both Enchanters are a good choice in PvP? How effective are they really in PvP?
Another problem for me is choosing between Illusionist and Coercer.
(3) So far, I only know two differences between the classes: First of all, that they have different pets (Body double vs Charming) and secondly that an Illusionist seems to be more designed for supporting than a Coercer. Are these two information correct?
(4) How do the two classes differ in detail? I do not have any information about that yet. Some concrete spell comparisons might be useful as well here.
(5) Besides, I am wondering which of them is superior in PvP. This might be answered from knowing which of them has more controlling spells. Is there any difference and what else can be said about PvP differences of the two?
(6) Furthermore: What about their damage? I read conflictive information about this topic. Some say, Illusionists make more damage while other state that Coercers inflict more. What is correct?
(7) I also read that in general, both classes tend to conflict less damage than other comparatively classes. Is this true? How much do they really differ in damage from other classes (maybe concrete measurings)?
I also thought about the Sorcerers, Wizard and Warlock.
(8) I wonder whether they are appropriated for PvP. Are they and which of them is better than the other?
(9) Do they have any controlling spells? How effective are they?
(10) I heared that Wizards are more designed to make single target damage, while Wizards tend to inflict area of effect damage. Is this true? If yes, how string is the difference really? I mean, for example, does a Warlock really mainly get only area of effect spells?
(11) How do they differ in other respects?
Thank you very much in advance for answering my numerous questions; I am also glad for any part information.
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:36pm by Faeroth