Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Healing ClassesFollow

#1 Apr 06 2010 at 11:17 PM Rating: Good
3 posts
I haven't played this game for years - coming back me and my friends are going to roll new characters. I've been doing some research as we get started again, and I (being the healer for the group) have chosen either an Inquisitor or Defiler. I am leaning towards Inquisitor - but some of the posts I have been reading seem to indicate that some question exists if they can heal a group effectively (as effectively as a Defiler). My primary role would be healing - so I am not as concerned about solo / DPS as much. Some of the class options of the Defiler turn me off - but if an Inquisitor cannot solo heal a group I will roll a Defiler. Also - outside of pure healing ability, which of the two adds more group functionality (buffs / debuffs)?

Any ideas - thanks in advance.

#2 Apr 07 2010 at 5:55 AM Rating: Good
Inkys do just fine in a either a small or full group setting. Really, the healing classes are all so well balanced that any healer will fill the bill in about 95% of all situations. The remaining 5% is high end instance and raid situations where a specific style of healing (reactive for example) will be "required" to take down a specific boss most efficiently.

Personally, for a regular small group I always recommend a druid (because of the combination of the added DPS and the ports) but if you prefer clerics then go for it! You should do just fine...
____________________________
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
~ Mal Reynolds
#3 Apr 07 2010 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
3 posts
I will just post my 2nd question as a seperate post.
Edited, Apr 7th 2010 10:30am by WabbitGB

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 11:59am by WabbitGB
#4 Apr 07 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Decent
My main is a mystic, heals groups & raids just fine. If you're ever interested in playing a 'good' character, I recommend a mystic :P
#5 Apr 13 2010 at 8:31 PM Rating: Decent
**
502 posts
Really, it all depends on the player, not the class so much. (Unless, as stated above, you are raiding.) ****, I can usually keep my group healed on my Fury, which is really more DPS than healing...
____________________________
This space for rent, much like the space between my big, pointy elven ears... :)
#6 Jun 10 2010 at 6:40 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Personally, that have been a long question for me to answer..I tried a templar and found it tedious. When I came across a warden I fell in love with it although it wears leather.I have found that the versatility works for me especially if you can spec him into a battle healer.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)