Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ZAM Ultros Linkshell InformationFollow

#52 Aug 04 2013 at 8:53 PM Rating: Good
Me too!
ZAM Name: Chialing
Game name: Droxy Durango, femme HIghlander
Class: Lancer probably, to start with at least.
Edit: Name change

Edited, Aug 15th 2013 8:02pm by Chialing
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

#53 Aug 04 2013 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Hey folks. I wanted to drop an FYI and let you know you might want to register this one the EorzeaReborn SRN. We have nearly 200 LS/FCs listed, if you are wanting to try and connect with other folks it might be useful to add your group to the listing.
#54 Aug 05 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Hatamaz Zam - I plan on going cnj/whm first.
#55 Aug 06 2013 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Wint wrote:
I'm also working on installing forum software for my LS called Discourse. If it goes well, I'd be willing to set up forums for you guys too, should my journal not work out. Up to you, since I already have the host it's not like it would be any extra money.


Discourse, nice. Will that be on Ultros also?
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#56 Aug 06 2013 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Grandmomma wrote:
Wint wrote:
I'm also working on installing forum software for my LS called Discourse. If it goes well, I'd be willing to set up forums for you guys too, should my journal not work out. Up to you, since I already have the host it's not like it would be any extra money.


Discourse, nice. Will that be on Ultros also?


Yeah our LS is on Ultros. I have Discourse installed, and promptly submitted 3 bug reports Smiley: laugh Still under heavy development.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#57 Aug 06 2013 at 4:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Wint wrote:
Grandmomma wrote:
Wint wrote:
I'm also working on installing forum software for my LS called Discourse. If it goes well, I'd be willing to set up forums for you guys too, should my journal not work out. Up to you, since I already have the host it's not like it would be any extra money.


Discourse, nice. Will that be on Ultros also?


Yeah our LS is on Ultros. I have Discourse installed, and promptly submitted 3 bug reports Smiley: laugh Still under heavy development.


If you are taking new recruits for Discourse, I'd like to join.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#58 Aug 06 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Well right now it's only set up for my LS, I can't run two instances of the software with my VPS, not enough RAM Smiley: frown
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#59 Aug 06 2013 at 4:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Let me run it past the LS, see if they mind strangers in our midst.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#60 Aug 06 2013 at 5:36 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Wint wrote:
Yeah our LS is on Ultros. I have Discourse installed, and promptly submitted 3 bug reports Smiley: laugh Still under heavy development.

Outside of the bugs, how is Discourse? I've toyed around with a few different types of forum software in the past but haven't enjoyed any of them. The sample forum makes it look like it could be pretty nice. Personally, I would increase the line-height and add some extra whitespace to several of the margins and paddings.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#61 Aug 06 2013 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
**
349 posts
Rolling on Ultros as well.

Name is Myst Blackdusk

Edited, Aug 6th 2013 8:01pm by MisterRandy
#62 Aug 06 2013 at 6:41 PM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
I'll join - I hadn't decided which server to start on.

My name will be Gaius ____________ don't want to give out last name encase of name sniper.

I'll be glad to join your Linkshell! I'll be leveling a WHM - BRD

Edited, Aug 6th 2013 8:50pm by HaibaneRenmei
#63 Aug 06 2013 at 7:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
FrozenSherbet wrote:
Wint wrote:
Yeah our LS is on Ultros. I have Discourse installed, and promptly submitted 3 bug reports Smiley: laugh Still under heavy development.

Outside of the bugs, how is Discourse? I've toyed around with a few different types of forum software in the past but haven't enjoyed any of them. The sample forum makes it look like it could be pretty nice. Personally, I would increase the line-height and add some extra whitespace to several of the margins and paddings.


I think it's awesome. It isn't easy to set up but I think they want to focus on developing the software right now and not helping people who aren't going to contribute to the project in some way. I'm working on coming up with CSS to redesign how the forums themselves look as well as custom, Final Fantasyish images. The performance seems good so far and I like how discussions can be arranged in different ways.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#64 Aug 06 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Wint wrote:
FrozenSherbet wrote:
Wint wrote:
Yeah our LS is on Ultros. I have Discourse installed, and promptly submitted 3 bug reports Smiley: laugh Still under heavy development.

Outside of the bugs, how is Discourse? I've toyed around with a few different types of forum software in the past but haven't enjoyed any of them. The sample forum makes it look like it could be pretty nice. Personally, I would increase the line-height and add some extra whitespace to several of the margins and paddings.

I think it's awesome. It isn't easy to set up but I think they want to focus on developing the software right now and not helping people who aren't going to contribute to the project in some way. I'm working on coming up with CSS to redesign how the forums themselves look as well as custom, Final Fantasyish images. The performance seems good so far and I like how discussions can be arranged in different ways.

That's good to hear. I'll have to download a copy of it and set it up on my laptop. Sometimes when I'm really bored, I like to mess around and build different types of websites. I never actually publish anything, but it's a pretty effective way to kill a good chunk of time. Since I read a lot, I'm one of those people that are big on trying to use whitespace effectively. I just lack anything resembling artistic ability.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#65 Aug 06 2013 at 7:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Be prepared for some headaches setting it up Smiley: smile Feel free to hit me up if you have questions, I may not be much help though Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#66 Aug 06 2013 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Wint wrote:
Be prepared for some headaches setting it up Smiley: smile Feel free to hit me up if you have questions, I may not be much help though Smiley: laugh

Sure, thanks. I've grown pretty patient with those kinds of things after using linux for a while. It's never fun when you accidentally break your entire operating system.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#67 Aug 06 2013 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
The biggest challenge for me was learning Ruby/Rails and Postgresql. I've never used either technology before, so it was a steep learning curve. I recommend the official set up guide.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#68 Aug 06 2013 at 8:22 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Wint wrote:
The biggest challenge for me was learning Ruby/Rails and Postgresql. I've never used either technology before, so it was a steep learning curve. I recommend the official set up guide.

I'll be sure to check it out. I haven't used it before, either. It should end up being an interesting learning experience. Worst case scenario, I can always call it quits and fiddle around with SMF instead.

Now, I have to go back to trying to figure out a decent last name. I have a few ideas but nothing solid. I'll probably just end up waiting until phase 4 forces my hand.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#69 Aug 06 2013 at 8:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I had SMF forums for a while, they were OK but had similar security issues as all the other PHPBB style forums. At least with Discourse it's something brand new
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#70 Aug 06 2013 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Wint wrote:
I had SMF forums for a while, they were OK but had similar security issues as all the other PHPBB style forums. At least with Discourse it's something brand new

Yeah, I wouldn't actually use SMF for something I intended to release. I would only use it to toy around with making skins. My biggest issue with PHPBB and SMF is that they're both pretty bloated compared to what they used to be. Discourse seems like it will have a whole lot less clutter.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#71 Aug 06 2013 at 8:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
FrozenSherbet wrote:
Wint wrote:
I had SMF forums for a while, they were OK but had similar security issues as all the other PHPBB style forums. At least with Discourse it's something brand new

Yeah, I wouldn't actually use SMF for something I intended to release. I would only use it to toy around with making skins. My biggest issue with PHPBB and SMF is that they're both pretty bloated compared to what they used to be. Discourse seems like it will have a whole lot less clutter.


It's like you guys are speaking English. I know what those words are. No idea what the **** you're talking about lol. One of the many reasons i love hanging out here :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#72 Aug 06 2013 at 8:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
129 posts
Ahh alright, guess I'll switch server to Ultros. Count me in. I'll post my name after I get it. I'll be a Mnk with cooking and maybe fishing as crafting skills.
#73 Aug 06 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
LebargeX wrote:
FrozenSherbet wrote:
Wint wrote:
I had SMF forums for a while, they were OK but had similar security issues as all the other PHPBB style forums. At least with Discourse it's something brand new

Yeah, I wouldn't actually use SMF for something I intended to release. I would only use it to toy around with making skins. My biggest issue with PHPBB and SMF is that they're both pretty bloated compared to what they used to be. Discourse seems like it will have a whole lot less clutter.


It's like you guys are speaking English. I know what those words are. No idea what the **** you're talking about lol. One of the many reasons i love hanging out here :)


Discourse forum software. Created by the great Jeff Atwood (same guy behind Stack Exchange, Trello, etc).

SMF = Simple Machines Forums. PHP based forums but intended to be less bloated than PHPBB.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#74 Aug 06 2013 at 8:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
FrozenSherbet wrote:
Wint wrote:
I had SMF forums for a while, they were OK but had similar security issues as all the other PHPBB style forums. At least with Discourse it's something brand new

Yeah, I wouldn't actually use SMF for something I intended to release. I would only use it to toy around with making skins. My biggest issue with PHPBB and SMF is that they're both pretty bloated compared to what they used to be. Discourse seems like it will have a whole lot less clutter.


The nice thing about Discourse is it's Ember.js based (among other technologies), so nice and speedy. My VPS is a single core, 1gb ram, 30gb SSD machine that does a nice job of handling the heavy lifting for less than $10 a month.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#75 Aug 06 2013 at 9:53 PM Rating: Decent
Have not decided what my new name will be yet.
Still planning on gla/pld, mrd/war.
Also mining and goldsmith.
#76 Aug 07 2013 at 1:03 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Is Ultros going to be a fresh server or a legacy server?

If its a fresh server, count me in on your linkshell!

I don't have a name yet, I'll probably level all classes anyway although I plan to level the gathering classes first.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)