Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

What has happened to this game?Follow

#52 Nov 21 2012 at 10:58 PM Rating: Default
**
627 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
catwho wrote:
You don't have to pick sides. Or ****, pick his, I don't care. I'm not in the mood to argue about it.

The decision to nuke it happened on Sunday, but it was mostly cleared out last week and only had a handful of players left who didn't want to abandon others still left in it. Everything's cool now, we're all (mostly) still friends, but it's going to be a long, cold day before I'm anything vaguely leader-related again.


wouldn't it be crazy if he used his wifes account to start the bullsh*t spinning out of control after 3 years of building spite?



I'm not building any hate towards Catwho, in fact I had respect for her over her posts years ago. My issue is that my wife has had nothing but issues with any shell she's been in since she's joined FFXI. One being my fault(DefiantFFXI-2), and one being some nOOb with SH status in Catwho's shell. I'm not blaming Catwho, not even close. What I am having issue with, is Catwho's shell that completely ignored my wife, time and time again. I went through that kinda of crap in 2006 and 2007 with the shells I was in as a relative nOOb, at this point in the game I didn't expect her to have to go through that as well.

3 Years ago Catwho wasn't even on my server, I only knew about her on this forum. P Or has time slipped by that fast and it has been 3 years since the servers merged? ..... ; ;
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#53 Nov 21 2012 at 11:12 PM Rating: Default
**
627 posts
catwho wrote:
It was as of yesterday. Smiley: frown

I'm sorry your wife wasn't able to get help from my shell. They are... were.... good people, for the most part. The shell died partly because of my absence, and numerous other factors that don't belong on a public forum. Unfortunately, I'm in graduate school, which is why I stepped down from active leadership over a year ago, because I can no longer devote the time to being in an HNM, let alone running an event shell.

On the other hand, we were an EST based shell, and when Lahurah and I were complaining about getting kicked out of FFXIV, it was 1AM EST. That's way past the normal bedtime of a lot of the group. ****, Lah is usually logged off by 10PM.



To be honest Catwho, she didn't ever ask for help in your shell. All she wanted from your shell was for someone to respond to her, "Hello, how is the linksell doing tonight?". The shell I got her in when she started, DefiantFFXI-2(ran by Tidv/Tidusv), ruined LS's in FFXI for her. The ppl I thought were good ppl in there, asked for nothing less then gil, for even just joining her in a duo pt.

Listen, I ran a EGLS years ago Catwho, you don't have to explain an EG drama or facts to me, though I don't consider todays FFXI as having any EG. I realized that your shell was trying to alot of Abyssea a few weeks ago, based off of your LS message. Your actions are completely ok by me and my wife, it's the ignoring that gets us. Not being bothered to even type the to letters, H and I, is what got us, by anyone in your shell. Other than that, you have no obligation to explain yourself to me, if you were running a "EGLS". :P
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#54 Nov 21 2012 at 11:22 PM Rating: Default
**
627 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
TribalProphet wrote:
Nuhnisgodly wrote:

Even back then, those who waited around for a pt for hours on end, were those who were leeches, just like today. Seriously, you don't try to get the "most" out of this game by waiting around for hours on end, either back in 2006 or now. >.>


Yes, the reason my THF, DRG, PUP, etc all waited for hours for a party was because I am a leech.

So by your logic I'm a leech and that is the reason I couldn't get party invites. So how does your "leech argument" work when my COR, SAM, BRD, etc got party invites even when I was in a party already?


Build your own party?

Most of the people who complain about not getting parties are those who never make their own parties, if I wait longer than 10 without seeing a PT shout or an invite, and I actually feel like playing, ill build a PT, if I feel like leeching, ill continue to wait.


Edited, Nov 21st 2012 11:48pm by rdmcandie



Dude, I seriously wish I could rank up your post. This was the thinking years ago, that you just posted. And is what I still think today.

Those who would sit in Jeuno or Whitegate for more then half an hour with their flag up, were considerd leeches and half the time wouldn't respond til 15-45 mins after being asked if they wanted to pt.

Sh*t, the ppl who would do that?! Would more the 75% of then time go afk as soon as they'd join the pt, and get to camp. And then at least 30 mins later of no activity, be booted from the pt.

God, I may have only been playing for the past 7 years, but I've seen some lazy sh*t even pre-WotG days, lol.
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#55 Nov 21 2012 at 11:47 PM Rating: Excellent
**
437 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
TribalProphet wrote:
Nuhnisgodly wrote:

Even back then, those who waited around for a pt for hours on end, were those who were leeches, just like today. Seriously, you don't try to get the "most" out of this game by waiting around for hours on end, either back in 2006 or now. >.>


Yes, the reason my THF, DRG, PUP, etc all waited for hours for a party was because I am a leech.

So by your logic I'm a leech and that is the reason I couldn't get party invites. So how does your "leech argument" work when my COR, SAM, BRD, etc got party invites even when I was in a party already?


Build your own party?

Most of the people who complain about not getting parties are those who never make their own parties, if I wait longer than 10 without seeing a PT shout or an invite, and I actually feel like playing, ill build a PT, if I feel like leeching, ill continue to wait.


Edited, Nov 21st 2012 11:48pm by rdmcandie


Oh yea, the "build your own party" argument that people who never tried to level a non-popular job outside of a group of friends always suggest. DRG was good once I had gotten to 75 and was just wanting merits. Trying to get to 75 was a pain in the ***. You wanna know how well it worked back in bird camp days to try to get a party built, sending out invites on PUP? "{Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}" This game is, and always has been about maximizing your reward while minimizing the effort, and what jobs got invites to exp camps used to be one of the greatest examples of that.

Thanks to things like Abyssea, this game has become a ton more forgiving over wanting to play non-popular jobs at the expense of harder fights. For a couple years there this game was downright miserable if you wanted to do something other than try to parse the highest in your party.



Nuhnisgodly wrote:
TribalProphet wrote:
Nuhnisgodly wrote:

Even back then, those who waited around for a pt for hours on end, were those who were leeches, just like today. Seriously, you don't try to get the "most" out of this game by waiting around for hours on end, either back in 2006 or now. >.>


Yes, the reason my THF, DRG, PUP, etc all waited for hours for a party was because I am a leech.

So by your logic I'm a leech and that is the reason I couldn't get party invites. So how does your "leech argument" work when my COR, SAM, BRD, etc got party invites even when I was in a party already?



Seriously?! You want me to answer that as far as the Drg, Pup, Cor, Sam, Brd goes? As far as your Thf? You really got me there, were you completely undergeared and underleveled? Otherwise, back in 2006-2009 a Thf that wasn't horrible wouldn't recieve anything less then a few pt invites a week, even without a flag being up. >.>


I'd like you to answer something in your marathon of posts that's not just plain ranting. You seem to have a personal problem going on with Catwho's shell. Something much worse than just "they ignored my wife" because normal people do not react to that sort of thing with the vigor and energy that you have. You can post all the >.> and other smart *** comments you want, but something deeper is going on here. Like I said, a normal person doesn't react to what you say happened with the kind of hatred for FFXI and everything to do with it like has been going on here.

Saying that a THF would get a few invites in a week's time isn't exactly amazing when I could hop on another job and have an invite before the moogle stopped spinning.
#56 Nov 22 2012 at 7:44 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
Quote:
Oh yea, the "build your own party" argument that people who never tried to level a non-popular job outside of a group of friends always suggest.


Doesn't get any less popular then melee RDM but somehow I managed to get mine to 75 through Parties. Granted I did have to build my own a lot of the time.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#57 Nov 22 2012 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
catwho wrote:
You don't have to pick sides. Or ****, pick his, I don't care. I'm not in the mood to argue about it.

The decision to nuke it happened on Sunday, but it was mostly cleared out last week and only had a handful of players left who didn't want to abandon others still left in it. Everything's cool now, we're all (mostly) still friends, but it's going to be a long, cold day before I'm anything vaguely leader-related again.


wouldn't it be crazy if he used his wifes account to start the bullsh*t spinning out of control after 3 years of building spite?


Yeah, it would be crazy, and that's why it's not what happened.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#58 Nov 22 2012 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
***
2,227 posts
I raise my glass to you OP.
____________________________
[ffxisig]188740[/ffxisig]
Busa's Cloth Guide 1-100
Zaredx wrote:
Gjallihorn + Carnwenhan = Green Ranger's Flute! DRAGONZORD!
#59 Nov 22 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
catwho wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
catwho wrote:
You don't have to pick sides. Or ****, pick his, I don't care. I'm not in the mood to argue about it.

The decision to nuke it happened on Sunday, but it was mostly cleared out last week and only had a handful of players left who didn't want to abandon others still left in it. Everything's cool now, we're all (mostly) still friends, but it's going to be a long, cold day before I'm anything vaguely leader-related again.


wouldn't it be crazy if he used his wifes account to start the bullsh*t spinning out of control after 3 years of building spite?


Yeah, it would be crazy, and that's why it's not what happened.


would be a lot cooler if it did.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#60 Nov 22 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,636 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Quote:
Oh yea, the "build your own party" argument that people who never tried to level a non-popular job outside of a group of friends always suggest.


Doesn't get any less popular then melee RDM but somehow I managed to get mine to 75 through Parties. Granted I did have to build my own a lot of the time.


Melee RDM is like trojan horse party building. Nobody really expects you to go into melee. It's like when SAMs or something would form parties and then swap to PUP before heading out, hoping we all had invested too much time in the party already to want to leave.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#61 Nov 22 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,481 posts
pretty sure everyone on Garuda at the time knew I was melee RDM, =D but yes I see your point.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#62 Nov 23 2012 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
**
586 posts
Nuhnisgodly wrote:
RavennofTitan wrote:
All this happen long before abyssea. People didn't talk in merit parities and doing so to much would lead right you you being rep with out notice. Killing the same HNM for the 100th time really didn't merit going over the strat for a 100th time. I would say it was worse in the good old days since leveling and meriting was the biggest chore in the game you just couldn't op-out of. If you waited around for 2 to 3 hours plus for a party you wanted to get the most out of that as you could.



Really? When was the "good old days" to you? 2010? Never in any of the bird camps or any other merit pt's back then, did anyone ignore each other, regardless of the topic. The only times I remember people being booted in a merit pt or HNM kill(cuz of chat log), was for excessive spamming of a retarded emote or macro, after being told to please knock it off, cuz it clogged up the chat.

Even back then, those who waited around for a pt for hours on end, were those who were leeches, just like today. Seriously, you don't try to get the "most" out of this game by waiting around for hours on end, either back in 2006 or now. >.>


It happen far more then your rose tinted glasses will allow you to see. Now if it was a bottom of the barrel type merit party then fine but good parties didn't allow you the time to chat.
____________________________
.
#63 Nov 23 2012 at 3:29 AM Rating: Excellent
**
479 posts
For fear of bringing up the "NA vs. JP" card, I found JP parties (merit or otherwise) much more laid back and chatty than NA groups. Now, I've been living in Japan for the last 20 years so my view is jaded based on my play times. However, I did get up early my time on the weekends which is when most of the NA squad was up. While I preferred JP groups over NA, there are good and bad points to both.

I found NA groups tended to take a more business like approach to merits. Get in with the best setup, do a smash and grab on the camp, little to no chat, and get the **** out. Merits would come fast and you were usually done in a couple hours, which was a big plus. However if there was any friction with the members (gear/camp/etc), the party tended to explode and people bailed wasting everyone's time. The "Gotta go!" and waiting around for a replacement sucked too which happened quite a bit with the parties I got picked up for. One of the main reasons I never accepted a "replacement" invite...it usually broke either right as I got to camp or in-route.

JP parties tended to be a bit less hard core and bit more chatty. Parties would last roughly a set amount of time, i.e. usually ended about 11 or 12PM JP time. I noticed less pickiness on members gear (unless it was just down right horrid or the player was asleep at the wheel) and hardly ever anyone bailed in the middle. JP parties usually would disband if someone left to reform in town if someone left in the middle, which I thought was a huge waste of time. It didn't happen all the time, but I'd say about half the time it would. And there certainly was less of a chance that the party would just explode with **** throwing compared to NA groups. However, JP parties would suffer through some of the worst XP rates with a non-functioning party rather than just breaking it. That would be one of my biggest complaints.

Again, my view is jaded and I am in no way trying to say either is better. Just from my view on the other side of the world, the JP groups I had seemed a bit more casual than the NA parties I got in (more exposure to the former and all). Certainly there were those JP groups that were all "NO NA, JP onry.", and I found myself excluded at times just because I wasn't on a JP client (I can read what you wrote jackass, not my fault you want to be lazy and not read my romaji). I also found NA groups that were more laid back and casual, my Sky LS was just like and made it a blast.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#64 Nov 27 2012 at 8:30 PM Rating: Default
**
627 posts
klausneck wrote:
For fear of bringing up the "NA vs. JP" card, I found JP parties (merit or otherwise) much more laid back and chatty than NA groups. Now, I've been living in Japan for the last 20 years so my view is jaded based on my play times. However, I did get up early my time on the weekends which is when most of the NA squad was up. While I preferred JP groups over NA, there are good and bad points to both.

I found NA groups tended to take a more business like approach to merits. Get in with the best setup, do a smash and grab on the camp, little to no chat, and get the @#%^ out. Merits would come fast and you were usually done in a couple hours, which was a big plus. However if there was any friction with the members (gear/camp/etc), the party tended to explode and people bailed wasting everyone's time. The "Gotta go!" and waiting around for a replacement sucked too which happened quite a bit with the parties I got picked up for. One of the main reasons I never accepted a "replacement" invite...it usually broke either right as I got to camp or in-route.

JP parties tended to be a bit less hard core and bit more chatty. Parties would last roughly a set amount of time, i.e. usually ended about 11 or 12PM JP time. I noticed less pickiness on members gear (unless it was just down right horrid or the player was asleep at the wheel) and hardly ever anyone bailed in the middle. JP parties usually would disband if someone left to reform in town if someone left in the middle, which I thought was a huge waste of time. It didn't happen all the time, but I'd say about half the time it would. And there certainly was less of a chance that the party would just explode with sh*t throwing compared to NA groups. However, JP parties would suffer through some of the worst XP rates with a non-functioning party rather than just breaking it. That would be one of my biggest complaints.

Again, my view is jaded and I am in no way trying to say either is better. Just from my view on the other side of the world, the JP groups I had seemed a bit more casual than the NA parties I got in (more exposure to the former and all). Certainly there were those JP groups that were all "NO NA, JP onry.", and I found myself excluded at times just because I wasn't on a JP client (I can read what you wrote jackass, not my fault you want to be lazy and not read my romaji). I also found NA groups that were more laid back and casual, my Sky LS was just like and made it a blast.



It's not really that jaded dude, JP pt's back then were alot more chatty then the NA/EU crowd, and they were alot more likely to try the auto-translate function than the NA/EU group. Even back then(and still today) the JP group are far more likely to chow consideration by /bow'ing or /kneel'ing then the NA/EU group.

But I would disagree that the JP playerbase were less business like, when they did something, they did it right or they'd show you how to do it right, lol. I loved JP pt's or NM/HNM runs, it was just better all the way around.
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#65 Nov 27 2012 at 8:36 PM Rating: Decent
**
627 posts
RavennofTitan wrote:
Nuhnisgodly wrote:
RavennofTitan wrote:
All this happen long before abyssea. People didn't talk in merit parities and doing so to much would lead right you you being rep with out notice. Killing the same HNM for the 100th time really didn't merit going over the strat for a 100th time. I would say it was worse in the good old days since leveling and meriting was the biggest chore in the game you just couldn't op-out of. If you waited around for 2 to 3 hours plus for a party you wanted to get the most out of that as you could.



Really? When was the "good old days" to you? 2010? Never in any of the bird camps or any other merit pt's back then, did anyone ignore each other, regardless of the topic. The only times I remember people being booted in a merit pt or HNM kill(cuz of chat log), was for excessive spamming of a retarded emote or macro, after being told to please knock it off, cuz it clogged up the chat.

Even back then, those who waited around for a pt for hours on end, were those who were leeches, just like today. Seriously, you don't try to get the "most" out of this game by waiting around for hours on end, either back in 2006 or now. >.>


It happen far more then your rose tinted glasses will allow you to see. Now if it was a bottom of the barrel type merit party then fine but good parties didn't allow you the time to chat.



Really?! Hmm, seems to me, at least on Bismarck back then, that the best merits pt's were far more chatty then the crappy ones. Seems like when you have a good group, the smoother things went. It was always my experience that the worst merit pt's, were always the ones that would only respond negatively when someone spoke up in pt and wouldn't chat at all during them.

3 Drg/Mages x 1 Drg/DD x 2 support jobs, at a bird camp?!.....Hmmm, never got so much XP/Hour(nor did anyone else back then get so much xp/hour, even on this forum), yet had so much fun chit-chatting in my FFXI career. And alot of those guys from that tossed together merit pt are still on my friendslist, years later.
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#66 Nov 27 2012 at 9:44 PM Rating: Default
**
627 posts
TribalProphet wrote:


Oh yea, the "build your own party" argument that people who never tried to level a non-popular job outside of a group of friends always suggest. DRG was good once I had gotten to 75 and was just wanting merits. Trying to get to 75 was a pain in the ***. You wanna know how well it worked back in bird camp days to try to get a party built, sending out invites on PUP? "{Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}" This game is, and always has been about maximizing your reward while minimizing the effort, and what jobs got invites to exp camps used to be one of the greatest examples of that.

Thanks to things like Abyssea, this game has become a ton more forgiving over wanting to play non-popular jobs at the expense of harder fights. For a couple years there this game was downright miserable if you wanted to do something other than try to parse the highest in your party.

I'd like you to answer something in your marathon of posts that's not just plain ranting. You seem to have a personal problem going on with Catwho's shell. Something much worse than just "they ignored my wife" because normal people do not react to that sort of thing with the vigor and energy that you have. You can post all the >.> and other smart *** comments you want, but something deeper is going on here. Like I said, a normal person doesn't react to what you say happened with the kind of hatred for FFXI and everything to do with it like has been going on here.

Saying that a THF would get a few invites in a week's time isn't exactly amazing when I could hop on another job and have an invite before the moogle stopped spinning.



I'd like to applaud you, if you solo leveled Drg or Pup during the "lol" period. Seriously, I would, regardless of the rest of your post. Do you realize that it took a combined 16 months for me to solo Pup and Drg to 75?! No? Didn't think so. I got a combined 4 pt's from 1-75 on Pup and Drg, and out of those 4, maybe I got 6-7 levels. Nevermind that it I spent months meriting Drg and Pup, solo. Do you want to know who is the "solo king" on Bismarck?! Me, even at this point of the game(2006-present), I've soloed well over 90% of my job levels, gear and quests, etc..

Honestly, I do know alot of ppl who did "build your own pt"s and had great success on em, even while on such jobs as Drg. Did I ever have success? Only once, nothing more.

Thanks to Abyssea or WotG, this game has become crap, nothing more. I never did a campaign pt, nor did I touch an Abyssea pt til a few months after it came out. Even when FoV came out, I found those who used it, even friends, to be un-FFXI like. I didn't even touch FoV til after they came out with GoV. If you are trying to preach about how rough you had it? It's fallen on deaf ears, partly cuz of my ignorance, and partly cuz I was jaded over my Drg and Pup soloing. Listen, I may have only had 4 level 75(Drg, Pup, Rdm, Brd) jobs by the time the servers merged and later Abyssea came out, but if you think I have no idea what Im talking about, you'd be wrong. Now I have almost 12 level 99 jobs, funny how that goes, and all of em I solo level til 70+ off of FoV and GoV, anymore. Seriously, the only recourse we had back then was the Anny ring, otherwise it took forever to solo 1 single level at 52+. >.>

As far as your comment about Catwho goes?!

Seriously, there is only so many times I can apologize to my wife when she says "Hello, how is the shell doing tonight?", and Catwho's entire shell refuses to ackowledge her existance. And Catwho has been in the shell at least 2 times, when that happened. Yet, not even a minute later, her and others are complaining about how FFXIV won't even let them log on. >.>

I couldn't care less how many times I get sub-defaulted for my posts..... /cry, cuz I don't care. At least what I"m saying is out there, and is the truth.

I ran an EGLS for nearly a year, and isn't a lie when I say it was the biggest one on Bismarck. Having over 50 ppl show up for several Dyna runs, isn't a joke. I know what Catwho has to deal with, but at the same time.....I never ignored anyone, regardless of why/how they were in my shell, and neither did any of my Lts. >.> Don't sit in judgement of me until you can understand where I'm coming from, lol. >.> I love this game kid, and you have no idea how much I wish it was the way it used to be, which is why til this day I'll still fall asleep to this game, there is no hatred I have towards this game outside of WotG and Abyssea.

You really want me to answer your comment about Thf or getting a pt invite???? Do you really want me to tell you how many times I've been asked to pt within 20 seconds of logging on? Even to this day?!?!?! I can't count on my digits how many times I've been asked to pt from 2008-present, cuz of the jobs I logged out on, before I can even make it to my MH or past the XBox lag(from zoning or logging in). >.>

My comment about Thf was in reference to the slow times, which you'd get asked at least a few times a week, unless you sucked. Don't get ahead of yourself, there are those of us who have far more experience then you, in FFXI. Being ranked up for your posts on this website doesn't make you a "know-it-all", kid. >.> Playing this game as much as I have, does make you knowledgable about the jobs and game.

Edited, Nov 27th 2012 8:55pm by Nuhnisgodly
____________________________
~I am thee Anti-God~
Former Mega Boss of ValiantKnights(VK) of Bismarck. It makes me so proud even to this day, that anyone involved with VK, still calls me Mega Boss. Dirant, Sirbob and Neoyurikraz, I love you guys. It makes a grown man humble, to think that his ideas made you all back him til the end and even til this day. I miss those memories we made, and I truly miss you guys. I hope everyone involved with that shell, is insanely happy in their lives(even those I hate n BL'ed(Ladysorrow).
#67 Nov 28 2012 at 8:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,636 posts
Nuhnisgodly wrote:
Really?! Hmm, seems to me, at least on Bismarck back then, that the best merits pt's were far more chatty then the crappy ones. Seems like when you have a good group, the smoother things went. It was always my experience that the worst merit pt's, were always the ones that would only respond negatively when someone spoke up in pt and wouldn't chat at all during them.

This. All sorts of this. My best parties were good laughs. 'course, everyone would stop typing if signs of something bad happened, but they'd be right at it again when the situation was under control, and of course the situation would become under control because we were among the best.

Re: NA vs JP, I was a big advocate of uncompromising praise of the NA playstyle when I was doing the blogging thing. Felt that everyone else was too quick to sell out the NA crowd (ie ourselves) in favor of the JPs for no really good reasons, while the JPs were also eager to attack us and had unwavering belief that they were the best. Well, that was when Elmer was translating stuff back and forth, during the glory times before the official forums. Good times.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#68rdmcandie, Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 11:16 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) JP>NA nuff said. its all about ping time baby.
#69 Nov 29 2012 at 6:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,382 posts
My first ever party was JP and so I've worn nostalgia glasses ever since. I also learned to use cookies as a mage from partying with JP in dunes... and overall they were some of the most memorable and smoothest running parties. That said, it's all luck.

Edited, Nov 29th 2012 4:59pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 74 All times are in CST
sxarlem, Anonymous Guests (73)