Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Site Glitch?Follow

#1 Apr 02 2021 at 5:59 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Today is April 2, 2021. The last comment showing is dated March 30. Usually there are about eight comments posted each day and never a day goes by without at least a couple. Something happened?
#2 Apr 02 2021 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Grove wrote:
Today is April 2, 2021. The last comment showing is dated March 30. Usually there are about eight comments posted each day and never a day goes by without at least a couple. Something happened?


I'm showing a few new posts today in different areas.

We switched CDN's recently and you might be seeing some side effects of it. It's possible whoever your using for your DNS servers hasn't propagated the IP change yet. I use google's dns servers which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

You might also clear cookies and cache for the site. Also if you had edited your HOSTS file to force through a particular IP for the site, you'll need to get rid of that as the IP has changed.
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
#3 Apr 02 2021 at 1:20 PM Rating: Excellent
**
737 posts
You mean here: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/newcomments.html ?

I see plenty of new comments each day.

If you're talking about this forum, we don't get even an average of one comment per day now, for quite some time. The 26 newest threads appearing on the first page go all the way back to Dec. 1st (4 months ago).
____________________________
Tatanka Wolfdancer, 111 Wood Elf Druid, 9 x 300+ Master Artisan, 7 maxed trophies (dang research! :)
Michone, 111 Troll Shadowknight
Anaceup Mysleeves, 110 Erudite Mage, 2 x 300 Master Artisan
Snookims Whinslow, 105 Erudite Enchanter, 2 x 300 Master Artisan
<Inisfree>, Tunare (Seventh Hammer!)
#4 Apr 05 2021 at 6:21 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Yes, the concern refers to the path Home / New Comments where all the new posts are linked daily, or should be but are not for me. Also I was not seeing the comments including mine in the path Forums / Everquest. I tried clicking on my logged-in name (on the far right) and selected "my posts". That brought up my post and several others; Sippin appears to be having the same disability as I. From what you are saying, maybe my Internet Service Provider is not current and maybe just waiting it out will result in restoration of the capacity to see recent posts assembled?
#5 Apr 05 2021 at 7:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Grove wrote:
Yes, the concern refers to the path Home / New Comments where all the new posts are linked daily, or should be but are not for me. Also I was not seeing the comments including mine in the path Forums / Everquest. I tried clicking on my logged-in name (on the far right) and selected "my posts". That brought up my post and several others; Sippin appears to be having the same disability as I. From what you are saying, maybe my Internet Service Provider is not current and maybe just waiting it out will result in restoration of the capacity to see recent posts assembled?


Try deleting your cookies and cache for the site first.

If that doesn't clear up the issue please PM me or reply here.
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
#6 Apr 08 2021 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Waiting it out seems to have worked. Today, for the first time since the last of March, I can see the new comments listed. Also I can see my second post in this thread and reply to that (which were not visible earlier).

Edited, Apr 8th 2021 7:33am by Grove
#7 Apr 17 2021 at 6:24 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
This is happening again.

Apr 15 6:46am is the last comment showing in the Home / New comments assemblage.
#8 Apr 17 2021 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
I had issues on one PC and not on a 2nd PC I ended up deleting my CASHE and that PC issues went a way.

I hope this helps
#9 Apr 17 2021 at 6:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Grove wrote:
This is happening again.

Apr 15 6:46am is the last comment showing in the Home / New comments assemblage.


I restarted the cache servers. Can you clear out your cache and try again?
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
#10 Apr 21 2021 at 5:45 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
Gidono wrote:
Grove wrote:
This is happening again.

Apr 15 6:46am is the last comment showing in the Home / New comments assemblage.


I restarted the cache servers. Can you clear out your cache and try again?


Can you suggest how to do this for this site only? I am using Microsoft Edge.
#11 Apr 22 2021 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Grove wrote:
Gidono wrote:
Grove wrote:
This is happening again.

Apr 15 6:46am is the last comment showing in the Home / New comments assemblage.


I restarted the cache servers. Can you clear out your cache and try again?


Can you suggest how to do this for this site only? I am using Microsoft Edge.


Quote:
Open Microsoft Edge browser, and open the website in browser.
Next press F12 button on the keyboard.
Click the Network option at the top, and press Ctrl + R key at the same time to remove all cookies and caches for this site and refresh this page.


See if that works for you.
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
#12 Apr 25 2021 at 6:27 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
i performed the operation suggested and nothing happened.
Details:
Pressing F12 gets me a large white panel to the right of the screen with lots of information.
Found Network at the top. (It was initially hidden but found it.)
Click Network -- This opens / changes content of the right white panel. Now it is mostly blank space with the following text in the middle: "Recording network activity. . . Perform an activity or hit Ctrl + R to record and refresh. [Learn more]
do Ctrl + r or Ctrl + R -- This shows a list of more than 100 items with activity bar by each.

No change in the performance of this site. I am still logged in. The list of recent posts does not change.
NOTE: The availability of that information seems to lack for a couple of days, correct itself for a couple of days, and then lack for a couple of days. Repeating.
#13 Apr 25 2021 at 10:54 AM Rating: Excellent
I did find some issues with Microsoft Edge. I've forwarded the issues to ops. They'll take a look at it soonish.

I haven't had any issues with Chrome and Firefox so far however. You might try those browsers.
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
#14 May 11 2021 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
358 posts
It has been about a week that I have been able to read the daily reports regularly again. Thanks to the techies for (apparently) fixing the problem and to you for giving them the clue.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 6 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (6)