Test is an EverQuest II server that is used to test new content before it goes to the live servers. Test has a small but dedicated population that is much more helpful than the general rule on the live servers. Also, broker prices are considerably lower than elsewhere.
To patch and get into the Test server:
- Start your live launchpad
- In the top-left corner, click the ‘Version’ link which will open the ‘Select Game Version’ panel
- In the drop-down you can choose ‘Beta’ or ‘Public Test’ then hit ‘Apply’ to patch the corresponding server
- Hit ‘Play’ once the patching completesTo access the beta server, open the EQII launcher. Click on Version in the upper left corner of the Launchpad window. In the Select Game Version tab that opens select Beta from the list and click the Apply button. The Launchpad will now start downloading the ~14GB of data for a full install of EQ2. Players have reported mixed results with copying their Live data to the Beta folder.
- Treated same as a live server (must create new characters, no buffers of any kind, and no data is wiped on this server).
- Marketplace works same as live servers (real money transactions).
- We grant an XP bonus on Test server to help with leveling.
- Test server receives content before live servers.
- Beta and Test install into subfolders and both require about the same amount of space your live install takes.
- Remember to set the ‘Version’ back to your regular setting to get back onto your normal servers.
- ^ SOE Forum Post October 4, 1012
This page last modified 2012-10-04 21:57:10.