Succubus (warlock minion) The succubus is a demonic pet available to the warlock at level 20 after completing a series of quests. She does melee range physical and shadow damage with her whip, can cast Lesser Invisibility on herself and can cast the Seduction crowd-control spell.
The sequence of quests is quite different for Alliance and Horde warlocks, but the first quest in either one, obtainable from the warlock trainers in the major cities, is called Devourer of Souls. (Blood elf warlocks should visit Alamma in Silvermoon City for an optional breadcrumb quest.) Alliance warlocks have only a 3-step sequence, but during the course of it they must travel to The Barrens, which is Horde territory; one must get there either through Ashenvale (the safest approach), Dustwallow Marsh, or via boat from Stranglethorn Vale to Ratchet. Horde warlocks have a longer 8-step quest sequence that takes them from the Barrens to Stonetalon Mountains and back. Another Horde version of the quest, from the warlock trainer in the Undercity, has only three steps - a shorter sequence from Undercity to Silverpine Forest and Wetlands. At the end, as usual, the warlock must defeat the Succubus in battle to earn the right to summon her.
The succubus can deal out more damage than an Imp and can continue to attack if she runs out of mana, but cannot take as much damage as a Voidwalker. The Succubus also cannot hold aggro as well as the Voidwalker. Her armor would be rated as "Medium" compared to the Voidwalker.
The succubus possesses four varied abilities. In addition to her melee attack:
Icon Spell Min Level Description Avoidance (Passive) Passive Reduces the damage your summoned demon takes from non-player area of effect attacks by an additional 90%. Lash of Pain 20 An instant attack that lashes the target, causing X Shadow damage. Soothing Kiss 22 Soothes the target, increasing the chance that it will attack something else and decreases melee attack speed by 10% for 10 sec(Rank 4 only). Seduction 26 Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 15 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids. Lesser Invisibility 32 Gives the Succubus Lesser Invisibility for up to 5 min. This spell can only be used out of combat.
Her Demonic Empowerment effect - Instantly vanishes, causing the Succubus to go into an improved Invisibility state. The vanish effect removes all stuns, snares and movement impairing effects from the Succubus.