EverQuest II has five types of servers; Regular, Roleplaying, International, Live Gamer, and Extended. Of these types, a few select servers are marked for Player vs. Player combat.
If you're interested in a more aggressive gaming style, Player vs. Player might be for you. On a PvP server, any player can attack any other player, with a few restrictions, defined by the PvP rule set.
For those more inclined to immerse themselves fully in a game, to become their character and bring them to life, a Roleplaying server might be for you.
These servers run in the language noted by each name, and are otherwise the same as Regular servers.
These run in Russian, and have no Marketplace. They are not available via the regular launcher.
The Live Gamer service was terminated at the end of 2011, and the Live Gamer servers were merged with regular servers.
Selection for the region you'd like (US or a variety of international regions) takes place on the launchpad before
you accept the EULA. See the image to the right.
In the past, EverQuest II has had server merges / consolidations to manage server populations. If your account was inactive during this time you may not have been aware of this and your character may have been moved to another server. If you still cannot find your characters after trying the suggestions below, please petition for further assistance.
- UK servers: Splitpaw and Runnyeye
- FR server: Storms
- DE servers: Innovation and Valor
- JP server: Sebilis
All other servers are in US region.
With the closing of the Live Gamer servers and the Free-to-Play conversion, the following mergers happened in December 2011.
For complete information on these mergers, see: Server Mergers 2010
- Blackburrow merged into Everfrost - Completed Dec 8, 2010
- Najena merged into Unrest - Completed Dec 14, 2010
- Kithicor merged into Butcherblock - Completed Dec 16, 2010
- Mistmoore merged into Permafrost - Completed Dec 16, 2010
- Befallen merged into Oasis - Completed Dec 20, 2010
- Nektulos merged into Guk - Completed Dec 20, 2010
- Nexus merged into Barren Sky (RU) - Completed Jan 25, 2011
- Runnyeye merged into Splitpaw - Completed Feb 4, 2011
- Innovation merged into Valor (German) - Completed Feb 8, 2011
- Lucan D'Lere merged into Crushbone - Completed Feb 16, 2011
Communicating Between Servers (and games!)
Players of EverQuest, EverQuest II, Planetside, Vanguard, The Matrix Online and Star Wars: Galaxies can easily chat with one another by using specific chat syntax. You can also send mail to your fellow players in any SOE game. Listed below are instructions on how you can stay in contact with your friends across different SOE titles.
These instructions are for players in EverQuest II only. Please see instructions for other game titles as they will vary slightly. Note: those on EQII PvP servers can neither send or receive /tells to people outside their own faction or server.
- Sending Tells: (you may use /tell or /t)
- To send a tell to a friend on another EQII server, type: /t servername.charname
- To send a tell to a friend playing EQ, type: /t eq.servername.charname
- To send a tell to a friend playing Planetside, type: /t ps.servername.charname
- To send a tell to a friend playing Vanguard, type: /t vgd.servername.charname
- Sending Mail: (uses the same syntax across games)
- To send mail to someone on another EQII server, enter their name as: servername.charname
- To send mail to a friend in EQ, enter their name as: eq.servername.charname
- To send mail to a friend in Planetside, enter their name as: ps.servername.charname
- To send mail to a friend in Vanguard, enter their name as: vgd.servername.charname
- The EQII server names for these commands are as follows:
- Antonia Bayle - antonia_bayle
- The Bazaar - the_bazaar
- Befallen - befallen
- Blackburrow - blackburrow
- Butcherblock - butcherblock
- Crushbone - crushbone
- Everfrost - everfrost
- Freeport - freeport
- Guk - guk
- Kithicor - kithicor
- Lucan D'Lere - lucan_dlere
- Mistmoore - mistmoore
- Nagafen - nagafen
- Najena - najena
- Nektulos - nektulos
- Oasis - oasis
- Permafrost - permafrost
- Test - test
- Test Copy - test_copy
- Unrest - unrest
- Vox - vox
- Innovation (German) - innovation
- Valor (German) - valor
- Runnyeye (English / EU) - runneye
- Splitpaw (English / EU) - splitpaw
- Sebilis (Japanese) - sebilis
- Storms (French) - storms
This page last modified 2012-04-29 13:41:28.