||Morheim, Eltnen, Beluslan, Heiron
Usually found on the side of Mountains or Cliffs. See the specific zone pages for maps of the rift locations.
A passage that appears briefly in places where the Aetheric Field of Aion is weakened. Each end of the fissure is connected to Elysea and Asmodae respectively.
Rifts are a randomly occurring phenomena found throughout Atreia
that allow travel between the worlds of Elysea
. They appear as a colorful swirling vortex and are usually found on the side of Mountains or Cliffs.
This is another outlet to PvP, aside from the Abyss which also has the Balaur to contend with. Be careful with Rifts, as you don't know what might be on the other side waiting.
When a rift appears in the zone you are in, you will see a message indicating this. With update 126.96.36.199 the messages became much clearer and now more fully explain which direction the rift exists in. "A one-way Rift into Elysea" indicates a rift that can only be used by Asmodiands to travel from Asmodae into Elysea. There will be one message for each rift that has opened, so there can be multiple messages.
Right-click to enter the Rift. You will receive a popup confirming that you want to go through the Rift. To return, do the same from the other side.
Each rift has a limit to the number of times it can be used. Once a rift has been used up, or it's time expires, it will vanish! Rifts do not appear in the starting zones of Poeta and Ishalgen. Exactly why remains a mystery, as they appear to be completely random everywhere else.
A few general rules about rifts:
- They appear randomly, but in the same general locations.
- Multiple rifts can appear in the same zone, both inbound and outbound.
- All rifts expire 2 hours (in-game time, 26 minutes of real-world time) after they appear, or when exhausted.
- Each rift location in a zone will have a maximum level that can use it. Players above that level will not be able to use that rift.
- Each rift has an entrance and an exit, which remains relatively constant. Rifts from zone A to zone B do not share the same locations as rifts from zone B to zone A. Players from zone A who go to zone B can, if they choose, use the rift to return to zone A. This does not effect rift exhaustion.
- Low-level Rift exits are always in very high, unreachable locations. This means that once you descend from the exit you will not be able to get back to the rift.
- There will be a zone-wide system announcement when the rifts appear.
- Each of the four zones with rifts, Morheim, Eltnen, Beluslan and Heiron, have 14 possible rift locations in total, 7 entrances and 7 exits.
- When a rift appears in the zone you are in, in addition to the zone-wide announcement you will see a huge Rift in the sky.
See the zone pages for maps of the entrance and exit rifts in that zone.
This page last modified 2010-01-06 08:56:10.