Piercing damage is one of the three types of physical damage. This damage usually corresponds to a thrusting, a stabbing, or a firing animation.
The following weapon types and their physical weaponskills deal piercing damage.
- Additionally, Rapier type swords such as the Joyeuse and Fleuret deal piercing damage from their melee attacks. However, their physical weaponskills produce slashing damage.
Pets and Pet Abilities
- Bourdonasse - Melee attacks deal blunt damage.
- Physical weaponskills performed using the Bourdonasse will still deal piercing damage.
- Chiroptera Dagger - Melee attacks deal slashing damage.
- Physical weaponskills performed using the Chiroptera Dagger will still deal piercing damage.
- When used on Undead type mobs, the White Magic spell Banish reduces the damage resistance for melee attacks.
- The Warrior merit job ability Tomahawk will temporarily reduce all forms of damage resistance that a mob possesses.
This page last modified 2009-03-06 23:20:02.