To play music in LotRO you need to do a few things first:
- Buy an Instrument Skill from your Class Trainer NPC
- Buy the Basic Instrument (to match) from any Bard NPC
- Equip your Instrument in your Ranged slot
- Create the C:\Users\youruserid\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Music directory (if you do not have it, typing /music for the first time will create the directory)
- Make some abc song files in your music directory (see The Fat Lute if you need some songs). They need to have the .txt file extension.
- Enter music mode by typing /music
- Start a song with /play songname
See also: The Fat Lute - a site dedicated to the in-game music system in LotRO.
This page last modified 2010-09-20 09:48:37.