"Go after those two young hobbits, and guard them. . . .
" - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
, "The Breaking of the Fellowship"
A doughty fighter and protector of the weak, a skilled Guardian can face even the toughest foes and survive. The Guardian is one of the few classes willing and able to try to draw more blows onto themselves, so they can retaliate with devastating maneuvers in response.
The Guardian will be the class of choice for players that enjoy drawing the attention of their foes in combat and taking advantage of their missteps. Masters of the defensive arts, Guardians use taxing attacks and irksome taunts to draw and hold opponents' attention, relying on their shield and weapon to turn aside incoming attacks with blocks and parries. A Guardian's combat style depends on creating openings during an opponent's attack to provide the opportunity for their own counterattack.
- Challenge: The Guardian knows how to goad his enemies into attacking, leaving his allies free to maneuver.
- Shield Swipe: After successfully blocking an enemy's blow, the Guardian may attack with both weapon and shield.
- Bash: After a successful Shield Swipe against an enemy, the Guardian may bash it again with his shield, possibly stunning it.
- Vexing Blow: The Guardian is capable of drawing an enemy's attention to himself with this attack.
- Protection: When wielding a shield, the Guardian may protect one of his allies, improving his ally's defense and allowing the Guardian to react to attacks made against him.
- Stamp: Enables the Guardian to break his enemy's concentration, interrupting its actions.
- Warrior's Heart: The Guardian has the ability to improve his morale for a time, even beyond its normal level.
- Guardian's Ward: The Guardian's great skill enables him to strengthen his defenses for a short time.
- Thrill of Danger: The thrill of danger allows the Guardian to regain power, increasing with every enemy near him.
- Guardian's Ward: Guardian's Ward increases the Guardian's natural damage mitigation. All of his special attacks also more strongly direct his enemy's ire towards him.
- Selfless Defense: The Guardian's Protection skill makes his target less threatening, while drawing the enemy's ire towards him. All of his special attacks also more strongly direct his enemy's ire towards him.
- A Shield Against Adversity (15) - Speak to Oswin Leek<s> outside the North Gate of Bree.
||This page needs more information! If you'd like to contribute, please edit this page (free ZAM account required)!
This page last modified 2010-08-23 00:59:50.