Paladins are both plate-wearers and tanks. They were initially conceived of as hybrids of clerics and warriors, but as EQ has evolved the class has become far more distinct.
Paladins are mostly desired in groups for:
- Miniature versions of cleric buffs and rezzes [ Brells }
- Backup Healing and Group Healing
Paladins are mostly desired in raids for:
Also for RT. RT = Ramptank. The DA hammer
helps with that.
- Stuns are quite useful for aggro, starting with the level seven cease and level thirteen desist lines.
- Group heals also generate quite a lot of aggro.
Slay Undead . Seen up to 33k hits at lvl 85 so far .
- Single Target Heals
- Light line - Fast cast, slow recast, low hitpoint heal, short range
- Touch line - Average cast, fast recast, decent hitpoint heal, long range
- Group Heals
- Wave line - Average cast, long recast, low hitpoint heal, short range
- Single Target Heal
- Burst line - Super fast cast, long recast, decent hitpoint heal, long range
- Group Heals - This new line of group heals is a smart heal. Basically it uses whatever mana it takes to heal your group according to their health.
- Aurora line - Average cast time, fast recast, great heal, high mana cost, short range
- Self Heals- Super fast cast, very long recast. This new line of self heals will heal with a base heal, but also healing for progressively more depending on how low your hitpoints are.
The Serpents Spine expansion and level 71 introduced spells in ranks. Rank 2 spells post 71 are dropped and also some are faction based purchasable. Rank 3 only received by raiding.
When Free to Play started, all spells up to Level 70 and rank 1 spells 71 to 85 became merchant purchasable in PoK. Rank 2 are still dropped and faction purchased. Rank 3 by raids.
This page last modified 2013-03-17 20:16:01.