Strange monsters have been appearing in the beastmen strongholds throughout Vana'diel, fueling concerns of yet another great war. The threat has also sparked debate among the moogles. If the Crystal War were to happen again, which of the three nations would play the greatest role in beating the beastmen?
Adventurers must settle this by collecting crystal shards and and defeating NMs at the various beastmen strongholds.
- Turn in one crystal and get a pair of "Dandy Spectacles," a lvl-30, all-jobs headpiece that gives +2 acc during the day and -20 acc at night.
- Turn in 20 crystals and get a HQ pair of spectacles. Same usage requirements, but +3 acc during the day and -30 acc at night.
- The nation on each server that collects the most crystals will get special regional vendors.
The server that collects the most crystals will get access to a special telepoint that allows transportation between the three nations.
- Start the quest by talking to an event moogle near the gate guards in your nation.
- Head out to any of the beastmen strongholds: Davoi, Ghelsba Outpost, Castle Oztroja, Giddeus, Beadeaux or Palborough Mines.
- Find the "large crystal," which looks like a small homepoint. The crystal locations at the strongholds are:
- E-8 at Davoi
- H-8 at Ghelsba Outpost
- I-8 at Castle Oztroja (second floor)
- E-12 at Giddeus
- F-7 at Beadeaux (underground, just beyond the first afflictor)
- F-6 at Palborough Mines (second floor)
- Touch the crystal.
- You get one crystal shards for touching the crystal in Ghelsba, Giddeus and Palborough
- You get two crystal shards for touching the crystals in Davoi, Castle Oztroja and Beadeaux
- After touching the crystal, either:
- Return to your home nation and talk to the moogle to turn in your shards, or:
- Wait at the large crystal for the NM to pop. NMs pop roughly every hour. After NM dies, touch the large crystal again for bonus crystals.
- You get three bonus crystal shards for killing the NM in Ghelsba, Giddeus and Palborough
- You get four bonus crystal shards for killing the NM in Davoi, Castle Oztroja and Beadeaux
*You can return to collect shards from all the crystals as often as you'd like.
This page last modified 2007-11-09 11:29:11.