See Rogue Talent Builds
The Combat Tree is the rogue's most direct tree, focusing on ramping up damage over time but offering little utility. It is the best tree for pve damage.
Combat doesn't rely on positional attack nor does it bother itself with Stealth. The majority of a rogue's damage come from their white damage, or auto-attack. The Combat tree has several talent that increases those as well as talent to help the rogue manage his energy better and talent that gives the rogue limited 'area effect' capabilities.
As such, combat is often seen as the best all around pve tree - wether it be grinding mobs in solo, leveling, running a 5 man party or raiding. If what you need is steady damage, the combat tree will deliver it. Combat rogues usually favor main hand with high top damage (For better Sinister Strike) and off-hand with a fast speed (for more combat potency procs). Swords have become the weapon choice of excellence, because the weapon specialty for it does more damage then the other specialties.
The lack of mobility and the lack burst damage however, make it less then stellar for pvp.
- Improved Gouge (3 points) - Reduces Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 0.5/1.0/1.5 seconds.
- Improved Sinister Strike (2 points) - Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 3/by 5.
- Dual Wield Specialization (5 points) - Increases the damage done by your offhand weapons by 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%
(Requires 5 points in Combat Talents)
- Improved Slice and Dice (2 points) - Increases the duration of your Slice and Dice ability by 25% / 50%.
- Deflection (3 points) - Increases your Parry chance by 2% / 4% / 6%.
- Precision (5 points) - Increases your chance to hit with weapons by 1% / 2% / 3% / 4% / 5%.
(Requires 10 points in Combat Talents)
- Endurance (2 points) - Reduces the cooldown of your Sprint and Evasion abilities by 30 seconds/60 seconds and your total stamina by 2$/4%.
- Riposte (1 point - Requires 5 points in Deflection) - A strike that becomes active after parrying an opponent's attack. This attack deals 150% weapon damage and disarms the target for 6 seconds.
- Close Quarters Combat (5 points - Requires 5 points in Dual Wield Specialization) - Increase your chance to critically hit with Dagger and Fist weapons by 1/2/3/4/5%.
(Requires 15 points in Combat Talents)
- Improved Kick (2 points) - Gives your Kick ability a 50%/100% chance to silence the target for 2 seconds.
- Improved Sprint (2 points) - Gives a 50%/100% chance to remove all movement imparing effects when you active your Sprint ability.
- Lightning Reflexes (5 points) - Increases your Dodge chance by 1% / 2% / 3% / 4% / 5%.
(Requires 20 points in Combat Talents)
- Mace Specialization (5 points) - Your attacks with maces ignore up to 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% of your opponent's armor.
- Blade Flurry (1 point) - Increases your attack speed by 20%. In addition, attacks strike an additional nearby opponent. Lasts 15 seconds.
- Sword Specialization (5 points) - Gives you a 1% / 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% chance to get an extra attack on the same target after dealing damage with your Sword.
- Aggression (3 points) - Increases the damage of your Sinister Strike, Backstab, and Eviscerate abilities by 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%.
(Requires 25 points in Combat Talents)
- Blade Twisting (2 points) - Increases the damage dealt by Sinister Strike and Backstab by 5%/10%, and your damaging melee attacks have a 10% chance to Daze the target for 4/8 seconds.
- Weapon Expertise (2 points - Requires 1 point in Blade Flurry) - Increases your expertise by 5/by 10.
(Requires 30 points in Combat Talents)
- Vitality (2 points) - Increases your Energy regeneration rate by 8%/16%.
- Adrenaline Rush (1 point) Increases your Energy regeneration rate by 100% for 15 seconds.
- Nerves of Steel (2 points) - Reduces damage taken while affected by Stun and Fear effects by 15%/30%.
(Requires 35 points in Combat Talents)
- Throwing Specialization (2 points) - Increase your range with thrown weapon and Deadly Throw by 2/4 yards and gives you deadly throw a 50%/100% chance to interrupt the target for 3 seconds.
- Combat Potency (5 points) - Gives your successful off-hand melee attacks a 20% chance to generate 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 Energy.
(Requires 40 points in Combat Talents)
- Unfair Advantage (2 points) - Whenever you dodge an attack, you gain an unfair advantage, striking back for 50%/100% of your main hand's weapon damage. This cannot occur more then once per second.
- Surprise Attacks (1 point - Requires 1 point in Adrenaline Rush) - Your finishing moves can no longer be dodged, and the damage dealt by your Sinister Strike, Backstab, Shiv and Gouge abilities is increased by 10%.
- Savage Combat (2 points) - Increase your total attack power by 2%/4% and all physical damaged caused to target you have poisoned by 1%/2%.
(Requires 45 points in Combat Talents)
- Prey on the Weak (5 points) - Your critical strike damage is increased by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% when the target has less health then you (as a percentage of total health).
(Requires 50 points in Combat Talents)
- Murder Spree (1 point) - Step through the shadow from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attack an enemy every 0.5 seconds with both weapon until 5 assaults are made. Can hit the target multiple times. Cannot hit invisible or stealthed target.
This page last modified 2008-10-21 17:49:56.