Every game has some words and abbreviations common to nearly all users, but that you will never hear beyond that game, while others are common to gamers as a whole. Here is a list of many of those words and phrases. Game-specific pages are listed at the bottom of this page.
- BBIAF/BBIAB - Be Back In A Few/Be Back In A Bit
- BBL - Be back later
- BBS - Be back soon
- BRT - Be right there
- GFY - Good for you or Go F yourself
- GTG,G2G - Good to go, or Got to Go (confusing!)
- GY - Graveyard
- OMG - Oh my god
- OMW - On my way
- OOC - Out of character (Role-playing servers)
- POIDH - "Pics or it didn't happen!"
- TY,TYVM - Thank you, Thank You Very Much
- TTYL - Talk to you later
- WTF - What the F
- WTH - Where The Heck or What the Heck
- Mats - Materials (usually meaning bring your own and I'll craft)
- OBO - Or best offer
- PST - Please send tell
- WTS - Willing to Sell
- WTB - Willing to Buy
- WTT - Willing to Trade
- Add - additional mobs pulled or patroled nearby
- AoE - Area of Effect (spell that does damage in an entire area)
- Buff - A beneficial spell with a duration
- CC - Crowd Control
- Debuff - A detrimental spell with a duration, or removal of a buff
- DPS - Damage Per Second (in party, it usually means "go ahead and hit your hardest")
- DPS - Damage Per Second (in LFG channel, usually means a class that specialiazes in damage)
- Inc - Incoming
- LFG - Looking for Group
- LFM - Looking for members
- LF#M - # is a number, Looking for # members
- ML - Master-Looter (party leader divides up loot)
- MT - Main Tank
- OOC - Out of Combat
- OOM - Out of Mana
- Pat - Patrol (Mobs that wander a zone)
- FTW (or 4TW) - For the Win
- GG - Good Game (often used as slander)
- L2P - Learn to Play (or Lurn2Play as they say)
- PWND - Owned. It's pronounced "Owned" not "Powned"
- PWNT - Derivative of PWND.
- QQ - "Cry More" (Eyes w/ tears)
This page last modified 2009-03-30 20:23:08.
There are 6 articles in this category.